Abdelhak Nouri

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Abdelhak Nouri

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 02, 2018 1:19 pm

SPL schreef:21 today, thoughts are with you and your family. This silly old Englishman will not forget you.

Naci Unuvar a 14 year old of Turkish origin and a similar type of player scored a goal today at de Toekomst on 34 th minute. Very appropriate.

Stay strong Appie.
Quite right and we will always wonder what might have been!!!! This sadness will never disappear.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 02, 2018 1:45 pm

The club have issued a 1 min video today,as a reminder of him. Its on all the internet sites, I am no good at transferring vidoes to this site.

They are now talking about calling the annual Easter U17 youth tournament after him .Very fitting.

In todays U17 semi , 3 Ajax lads signalled 34 with their fingers at the end of the game. Unuvar ,V Gelderen and Gravenberch.Class from the kids.

As you rightfully say this sadness will never disappear.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di jun 26, 2018 10:04 am

http://www.football-oranje.com/ajax-tak ... condition/

Ajax take responsibility for Nouri condition

Posted By Admin On June 25th, 2018 09:46 PM | Eredivisie, News

Ajax held a press conference on Monday where the club took full responsibility for what happened to Abdelhak Nouri last summer.

By Michael Bell

Nouri collapsed on the pitch during a friendly with Werder Bremen last July and was hit by a cardiac arrest and sustained serious and permanent brain damage. Ajax have since stated that they were not responsible for Nouri’s current condition.

However, on Monday Ajax held a press conference where a clearly emotional Edwin van der Sar explained that after a new expert investigated the incident they found out that the treatment Nouri received was inadequate.

Van der Sar said, “On the basis of new insights that we have unfortunately only been able to collect very recently, we come to new conclusions. It means that the treatment of Abdelhak on the field in Austria in July, 2017 was inadequate. We, therefore, recognise a liability for the consequences thereof. First of all, I would like to apologise to the Nouri family at this place for allowing us to change our position so late.

“Last year we paid a lot of attention to the medical treatment on the field in Austria with regard to Abdelhak’s accident. A lot has been said and written about that. Unfortunately, we ended up in a situation in which, for a short time, our conclusions and those of the family and her advisers have diverged. I want to emphasise that we regret that this is so.

“As a club, we first based our analysis of the treatment on the field on the information we received from our own people, but also on television images and other medical data. An external medical advisor, who was assisted by an intensive care physician, assessed all available information of that moment for us and provided a professional second opinion.

“At a certain moment the situation was this: after all available information was submitted by Ajax to his medical and legal advisers, they concluded that the treatment on the field was adequate and that on the basis of that conclusion there is no reason for liability from the club. This judgement is also based on television images and on the reading of the heart rate monitor Abdelhak had.

“A heartbeat was detected by the practitioners on the field and this was subsequently confirmed by the results of the heart rate monitor. Based on that information and external opinion, we as a club have taken the position that there was no reason to assume that the field did not work well.

“The petition filed by the Nouri family with the Dutch FA [KNVB] contained new information for us, which was an important reason to ask other experts for a third opinion. We have begun to doubt the conclusions of our advisers. And we obviously wanted 100 per cent certainty that our position was correct. Hence questions arose about the information underlying the previous medical advice and the position taken on that basis. This had to be investigated further. In the interest of Abdelhak and his family. And of the other players, employees and supporters of Ajax.

“The findings of the cardiologists about the actions in the field are clear:
1. There wasan insufficient focus on measuring the heartbeat, the circulation and a possible resuscitation, and had a long time focus on the release of the airway from Abdelhak.
2. The existing defibrillator should have been used earlier to get a better picture of the situation.
3. The practitioners, after releasing the airway, had to incorporate a moment of reflection because the situation did not improve.

“The cardiologists also found it unlikely that after the collapse of Abdelhak there was actually some time of effective blood circulation. If the defibrillator had been deployed, this would have been proven and the resuscitation could have already started. If that had been done, Abdelhak might have come out better. The latter is not a certainty, but it is possible. “

He added, “The use of the arbitration case was whether we acted adequately in the field. That is not the case and we obviously take responsibility for that. We have also previously promised the family that if we find out that we are wrong, we will take responsibility. Which regulation this is going to lead to is something that we will first discuss with the family. I want to offer our very deep apologies to Abdelhak, also in front of you, on behalf of Ajax, his family and relatives.

“It must have been terribly frustrating that it took so long that our lectures diverged, on top of the grief of what happened to Abdelhak.”

Van der Sar contacted the Nouri family on Monday to tell them the news and the club will discuss with them the next steps. Ajax’s players were also told the news on Monday, while van der Sar urged the media to leave the Nouri family alone.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jun 26, 2018 12:50 pm

It's good that the club is stepping up on this matter. Medically these types of collapses can be quite complex and even state of the art treatment on site is not a guarantee that the outcome would have been different. As we all know and mourn, it is a tragedy that it turned out the way it did.

I continue to think about what might have been had Nouri progressed like we thought he might.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Cannot believe July 8th is nearly here and a year has gone by. Think of Appie every day.Sad does not describe this.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr jul 13, 2018 10:15 am

Article in newspaper Parool.

A year after the Appie Nouri drama. Reconstruction:
https://www.parool.nl/4601153/?utm_sour ... 61c5807244

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Thanks Cruijff for your links . Last night the Anderlecht player who scored the penalty,Landry Dimata ,made a heart sign and had Nouri no 34 on his vest.He said he always thinks of him everytime he is on the field and the goal was for Appie and he prays for his family. A lovely act by someone who has never known him.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr dec 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Item from the local tv station AT5. This is how they want the A. Nouri plein (/football square) will look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwfnvsOUEg4

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr dec 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Cruijff schreef:Item from the local tv station AT5. This is how they want the A. Nouri plein (/football square) will look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwfnvsOUEg4
What a wonderful tribute!!! Do you know if Ajax have retired #34 so that no future player can wear that number?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr dec 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Orange14 schreef: What a wonderful tribute!!!
Nigel de Jong already took the initiative to rename this field to A. Nouri before the government could do so.
As Nigel won a Cruyff Court (every year the talent of the year in the Eredivisie get's an award and then can decide where to start a Johan Cruyff court and Nigel picked Geuzenveld, both his as Appies neighbourhood) but there are more plans for Nouri.

Not only in Amsterdam West also for more playgrounds in Bijlmer.
Orange14 schreef:Do you know if Ajax have retired #34 so that no future player can wear that number?
-

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Nice to see what they plan to do.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 02, 2019 11:06 am

22nd birthday today.Stay strong Appie.

This daft old englishman will never forget you.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 02, 2019 12:51 pm

SPL schreef:22nd birthday today.Stay strong Appie.

This daft old englishman will never forget you.
The same goes for this somewhat loony American. We will always wonder what might have been.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 11, 2019 11:27 am

Ronaldo last week ,on Appie's birthday, sent a message hoping he recovers.Appie's family appreciated it and as a hugh fan of this kid and someone who doesn't like Ronaldo I suddenly have respect for him.A nice gesture.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do apr 11, 2019 3:39 pm

SPL schreef:Ronaldo last week ,on Appie's birthday, sent a message hoping he recovers.Appie's family appreciated it and as a hugh fan of this kid and someone who doesn't like Ronaldo I suddenly have respect for him.A nice gesture.
I saw that too. Truly was a nice gesture.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr apr 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Amol schreef:
SPL schreef:Ronaldo last week ,on Appie's birthday, sent a message hoping he recovers.Appie's family appreciated it and as a hugh fan of this kid and someone who doesn't like Ronaldo I suddenly have respect for him.A nice gesture.
I don't want to sound cynical, but do players send out messages, or do their PR agencies?

Also, there's this...
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/20/spor ... tions.html

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr apr 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Amol schreef:
I don't want to sound cynical, but do players send out messages, or do their PR agencies?

Also, there's this...

Sorry to be so negative. I guess I'm just getting old.

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » vr apr 12, 2019 2:27 pm

I was gonna write the exact same thing...

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr apr 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
Amol schreef:

Also, there's this...

Sorry to be so negative. I guess I'm just getting old.
Don't get me wrong - I still think Ronaldo is a dick. But at least he has good PR which hopefully brought a little joy to Appie's family.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 12, 2019 5:07 pm

I too think he is still a dick but even if its his PR still a nice gesture

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma apr 15, 2019 9:24 am

Amol schreef:
Don't get me wrong - I still think Ronaldo is a dick. But at least he has good PR which hopefully brought a little joy to Appie's family.
That's a fair point.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo apr 17, 2019 3:48 am

Donny van de Beek scored his Juventus - Ajax goal in the 34th minute, the number of his friends Ajax jersey.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 17, 2019 11:18 am

Just read about the goal ,Donny said he saw 34th min showing and thought of his friend. Beautiful and very appropriate.

This team must now put the CL on the back burner and win the 34th title for Appie .

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo apr 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Cruijff schreef:Donny van de Beek scored his Juventus - Ajax goal in the 34th minute, the number of his friends Ajax jersey.
I just posted the same thing in the match thread. We need to win the next 4 Eredivisie games for Appie.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do apr 18, 2019 3:42 am

Oh... and. When thinking about Nouri, has one of you seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN18FvnCY24

Plaats reactie