Matthijs de Ligt

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Matthijs de Ligt

Bericht door Ayman » za apr 21, 2018 5:01 pm

You are kidding right? No thread for the most sort after player in Europe? Anyway, de Ligt was interviewed today, he hinted that he may stay at Ajax next season, of course, it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, and it's a bit too vague for my liking, here's the link http://www.goal.com/nl/nieuws/ik-voel-m ... 1dzpnv76it

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Re: Matthijs de Ligt

Bericht door Cruijff » di apr 23, 2019 2:11 am

De Ligt vs Juve ( A ) 2019 | 1080P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbbLlmnJmkY

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di apr 23, 2019 2:13 am

Zappsport: De Ligt & Justin Kluivert & Donyell Malen in 2012:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vu16P1Pk5U

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di apr 23, 2019 9:52 pm

If Ajax win the CL, is there a chance he would stay, considering the fact that he would play in the World club cup, a prestigious tournament

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 23, 2019 10:33 pm

Ayman schreef:If Ajax win the CL, is there a chance he would stay, considering the fact that he would play in the World club cup, a prestigious tournament
Usually when the big money is put on the table, the player takes it with pressure from his agent. Had de Ligt not gone with Raiola this year I would say that there would have been that possibility. Not now.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di apr 23, 2019 11:09 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef:If Ajax win the CL, is there a chance he would stay, considering the fact that he would play in the World club cup, a prestigious tournament
Usually when the big money is put on the table, the player takes it with pressure from his agent. Had de Ligt not gone with Raiola this year I would say that there would have been that possibility. Not now.
Wasn't Hasslehof his agent? And Raiola his advisor?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di apr 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Orange14 schreef: Usually when the big money is put on the table, the player takes it with pressure from his agent. Had de Ligt not gone with Raiola this year I would say that there would have been that possibility. Not now.
Don't know why a 19 years old captain who get's a huge thrill from making history with his home team would not stay to lift more throphys.

It is much nicer to beat the huge money than to be part of it.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 23, 2019 11:33 pm

Ayman schreef:
Orange14 schreef:
Wasn't Hasslehof his agent? And Raiola his advisor?
LOL, that's the "famous" American actor/singer most famous for Baywatch. Barry Hulshoff was his first agent but I believe he signed with Raiola earlier this season.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Cruijff schreef:
Orange14 schreef: Usually when the big money is put on the table, the player takes it with pressure from his agent. Had de Ligt not gone with Raiola this year I would say that there would have been that possibility. Not now.
Don't know why a 19 years old captain who get's a huge thrill from making history with his home team would not stay to lift more throphys.

It is much nicer to beat the huge money than to be part of it.
I agree with you 100%!! de Jong will regret moving on to Barcelona who are a team dependent on Messi and goodness knows what will happen when he runs out of gas.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di apr 23, 2019 11:50 pm

Orange14 schreef: I agree with you 100%!! de Jong will regret moving on to Barcelona who are a team dependent on Messi and goodness knows what will happen when he runs out of gas.
I'm especially looking forward to see De Jong play against Messi. Of course De Ligt will win several moments when stealing the ball from Messi, I'm also pretty confident that Blind can battle with Luis Suarez.

But when Frenkie de Jong will put pressure on Messi and several others, let's see how quick De Jong can outrun many of Barcelonas over the hilld midfield and defence. :headbang.gif: :headbang.gif:

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo apr 24, 2019 10:29 am

Orange14 schreef: I agree with you 100%!! de Jong will regret moving on to Barcelona who are a team dependent on Messi and goodness knows what will happen when he runs out of gas.
De Jong was Feyenoordfan (or at least his family), so he probably doesn't have the same attachment to Ajax as de Ligt and vd Beek
I think I lost my fucking headache

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo apr 24, 2019 12:43 pm

De Jong was Feyenoordfan (or at least his family), so he probably doesn't have the same attachment to Ajax as de Ligt and vd Beek
Yup his father even has a history at Feyenoord and Frenkie de Jong had sympathy for them when he was very young. But his father and mother did not have enough faith in the feyenoord academy for his development.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo apr 24, 2019 4:12 pm

I still have some hope that this kid will stay back for another year at least.

I think Barry Hulshoff is still his advisor and Raiola is the agent.

Hasselhof just runs shirtless behind all 3 and sings songs for them :drecul.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr apr 26, 2019 12:11 am

De Ligt (and also Frank de Boer today) talking with ESPN:

It's just about performing. And that is the only thing that matters I think for an Ajax player. And of course for me personal, I want to play as much big games, good games. And I think that's something I can achieve here at Ajax.
This year we have a good mix I think, with a lot of experienced guys, older guys. I think the mix is really important. We have a lot of good young players and they keep getting better every day. We can see that, we feel that.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr apr 26, 2019 10:37 am

Boy boy boy the Ajax social media department keeps posting fabulous videos.

REWIND I Two more Eredivisie games to go!
https://www.ajax.nl/streams/video/rewin ... e-gaan.htm

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Matthijs has just bought a house in the museum quarter for 1.2m euros ,cash, and is moving in with his girl friend .She is the daughter of an ex pro player Molenaar .She lives in Volendam he in Abcoude both villages but it seems strange they are moving out just a couple of months before he is likely to move abroad. One would think they would like to live together in Amsterdam for a year!

On the subject of buying Ziyech has paid 1.6m cash for 2 apartments ,1 in the Oud West area, north of Vondelpark I believe and another in Zuidas ie near RAI and in the same block as Frenkie.

Investment properties but I just half hope Matthijs might give it another year with us.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr mei 03, 2019 12:47 am

SPL schreef:Matthijs has just bought a house in the museum quarter for 1.2m euros ,cash, and is moving in with his girl friend .She is the daughter of an ex pro player Molenaar .She lives in Volendam he in Abcoude both villages but it seems strange they are moving out just a couple of months before he is likely to move abroad. One would think they would like to live together in Amsterdam for a year!

On the subject of buying Ziyech has paid 1.6m cash for 2 apartments ,1 in the Oud West area, north of Vondelpark I believe and another in Zuidas ie near RAI and in the same block as Frenkie.

Investment properties but I just half hope Matthijs might give it another year with us.
I read this in a couple other places as well and I genuinely feel that Mathijs will stay back another year (or two :smile-ajax.gif: ).

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 11, 2019 12:38 pm

de Ligt's agent and not a favorite of Ajax supporters, Mino Raiola was just given a three month ban by FIFA. The Italian FA took action several days ago prior to the FIFA ban. I also read that he asked for 20% of the transfer fee from Barcelona for de Ligt; greedy, greedy, greedy!!!!

Also there was a weird report that ManU gave up on de Ligt becuase they believe he has the potential to gain weight based on his family history. This is just all too bizarre.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 11, 2019 1:01 pm

I saw the headline de LIgt too fat but the article was about when he was 14 or 15 and they thought he may get too fat. Nil chance he would have gone there.then or now.

Like Donny if we dont get the title will he stay another year!!!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di mei 14, 2019 11:52 am

SPL schreef:I saw the headline de LIgt too fat but the article was about when he was 14 or 15 and they thought he may get too fat.

Also now in 2019 the other players in Ajax 1 still refer to this by calling De Ligt by his nickname Dikkie / Fatty

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jun 01, 2019 8:39 am

Matthijs de Ligt in our the class of 2019 video.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jun 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Today confirmed by Marc Overmars
Matthijs de Ligt has been sold to Juventus. He is leaving for a 5 years contract in Torino, the transfer fee 43 million fixed and maximum add ons of 12 million euros.

No around 14 o'clock I'm just screwing with you and just checking if we can get your heartbeat sky high on a Saturday afternoon (or evening for rjf, still morning for Orange14) :smile-ajax.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 08, 2019 3:11 pm

LOL!!!! I just hope he does not go to PSG.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jun 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Orange14 schreef:LOL!!!! I just hope he does not go to PSG.

Probably not.
Ajax is a much nicer club and also a better team than the money grabbing PSG's, Chelsea's, Man City etc.
In case of playing for Manchester City then you as a 19 year old have to teach team mates like Otamendi how to defend.

City and PSG has bought players for over 5 times Dušan Tadić his transfer fee who can not play football at all. :smallgrin.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jun 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Cruijff schreef:
Orange14 schreef:LOL!!!! I just hope he does not go to PSG.

Probably not.
Ajax is a much nicer club and also a better team than the money grabbing PSG's, Chelsea's, Man City etc.
In case of playing for Manchester City then you as a 19 year old have to teach team mates like Otamendi how to defend.

City and PSG has bought players for over 5 times Dušan Tadić his transfer fee who can not play football at all. :smallgrin.gif:

And it seems pretty obvious you did not really believe me, right?? :smile-ajax.gif:
Because just one day before playing the UEFA Nations League final would be a very weird moment to sign a foreign contract. :P

Tomorrow evening will be the 4th match between C. Ronaldo and De Ligt, by the way. Ronaldo did not win one of those. De Ligt with his teams has a 6-2 goal advantage (but Cristiano scored both the goals he conceeded with headers)

Plaats reactie