Matthijs de Ligt

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: Matthijs de Ligt

Bericht door Ayman » zo jun 16, 2019 1:50 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef: But you agree that de Ligt will no longer play at Ajax next season, no matter where he goes?
Both Cruijff and I believe that de Ligt will again be the captain of Ajax next season (of course we both might be delusional!!!). :smile-ajax.gif:

EDIT: It's funny that stories today say Raiola is in Turin talking with Pavel Nedved about both Pogba and de Ligt moving to Juventus. This is why we need to wait until something is officially signed!!! I don't think Juve can afford both players.

Actually Pavel Nedved is asking if there is still a chance for them to sign de Ligt or if it's passed that stage.
As for Pogba, although he is linked with Juventus, he is likely to go to Real Madrid. As for de Ligt, it would be nice for him to stay, but why would he, he has reached the level where it's time to move on, with Raiola as his agent, you can bet your mortgage that de Ligt is as good as gone.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jun 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Ayman schreef:
Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef: But you agree that de Ligt will no longer play at Ajax next season, no matter where he goes?
Both Cruijff and I believe that de Ligt will again be the captain of Ajax next season (of course we both might be delusional!!!). :smile-ajax.gif:

EDIT: It's funny that stories today say Raiola is in Turin talking with Pavel Nedved about both Pogba and de Ligt moving to Juventus. This is why we need to wait until something is officially signed!!! I don't think Juve can afford both players.

you can bet your mortgage that de Ligt is as good as gone.
House is paid off so I don't have a mortgage to bet which is probably a good thing as I don't want to be homeless. :biggrin.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo jun 16, 2019 5:21 pm

All these stories are pure garbage. I can't believe any of us are getting in a tizzy over any of them. Just sit and wait. When something actually is finalized is time enough to talk about it.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jun 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Orange14 schreef:

Orange14 - you can add me to the list of delusional people as well.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 18, 2019 1:04 pm

Family and those around him dont want PSG.Only Raiola wants him in Paris.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jun 18, 2019 1:19 pm

SPL schreef:Family and those around him dont want PSG.Only Raiola wants him in Paris.
If I were Overmars, I would do the same thing as he did with Neres, give him a bump in salary and set a release clause for next season!!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di jul 09, 2019 2:31 pm

De Ligt is back in training in Amsterdam this morning....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:De Ligt is back in training in Amsterdam this morning....
Yeah he started training yesterday with the other internationals.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:De Ligt is back in training in Amsterdam this morning....
I bet Tadic had a long talk with him about the need to stay with Ajax for a final season so that they can bring home the CL trophy! :ajaxscarf.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jul 10, 2019 5:29 am

The rumour has it, that Juventus want to add Mois kean as part of the deal. I don't like that. Besides Ajax already have Tadic, Dolberg, Traore. How would Kean fit in. And would he really want to go to Ajax?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 10, 2019 12:48 pm

Ayman schreef:The rumour has it, that Juventus want to add Mois kean as part of the deal. I don't like that. Besides Ajax already have Tadic, Dolberg, Traore. How would Kean fit in. And would he really want to go to Ajax?
Also Brobbey will be ready in 1-2 years. I don't like this at all. Ajax should insist on all €s up front. Nothing deferred.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jul 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Agreed that we have enough talented strikers right now. Don't need Moise Keane. We don't need any of your players, just let us keep Mathijs and stop bothering us.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 11, 2019 11:53 am

Keane not included Everton talking of 30m bid for him !

Juve upped their offer to 67m but Overmars has said 75m or he doesn't go. Juve want to complete before Saturday as they dont want him going to Austria

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 12, 2019 4:15 pm

It's all done but the final paperwork. de Ligt off to Turin for €70M. This is probably a little lower than his value but Overmars promised that he would help facilitate a transfer prior to the start of last season. Value at the time was €50M and nobody thought de Ligt would really have a tremendous season. He will really be missed and I wonder if Tadic will now be named Captain. Ajax need to step it up on Edson Alvarez now.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » vr jul 12, 2019 5:50 pm

70 million too little in this market for a player like him. would have thought 75 at least but whatever. shows again we can't negotiate properly with the italian mafia. wish him all the best at the most corrupt club in europe.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 12, 2019 7:47 pm

70m still makes him the 3rd most expensive defender ever and although he played very well in CL and for Oranje the level of the Eredivise is quite poor.

Agree he should have gone for 80m but Raiola has taken about 12 m plus so Juve has stuffed us and paid the minimum.

All the best Matthijs but I cannot think of a more revolting club to join then this shower.

Raiola has stitched us up again in my opinion. Next year it will be Gravenberch when his contract is down to 1 year.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 12, 2019 10:01 pm

75m is now quoted which will be good if that is the fee excluding add ons

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 12, 2019 10:29 pm

SPL schreef: Raiola has stitched us up again in my opinion. Next year it will be Gravenberch when his contract is down to 1 year.
It was de Ligt's decision to sign with Raiola. I thought he was putting his trust in Hulsoff and I guess we were all wrong.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jul 12, 2019 10:36 pm

I'm truly disappointed that he's signed up with Juve. 75m isn't too bad. A few few years ago, we would've sold someone like Matthijs for about 35m.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 12, 2019 11:16 pm

I'm pretty sure that Overmars sat down with him and said that they wanted him to stay for last season and that they had an initial value of €50M on him. Clearly they got more than that and whether it was good or bad it is what it is. Obviously we are all disappointed that he is leaving after only three seasons but that is modern day football in The Netherlands. At least our team is not being decimated as much as PSV now that Lozano appears to be leaving.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 13, 2019 11:25 am

Well he is gone and I wish him well.Watched him in August 2016 debuting for Jong and he looked an incredible talent.Sanchez played that game but Matthijs was dominant and my first thoughts he is far too good for this level.

We all thought he would make the top and I am sad to see him go to Juventus and Italy ,the land of ugly football. I have always hated Italian football and their clubs.I guess we will have to wait 3 or 4 years before he reaches the real top with Barca. They will have to pay 200m by then,so hope we do have a resale clause.

Good luck Matthijs and hope you will come back and play for our beautiful and magical football club again.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 13, 2019 1:02 pm

SPL schreef:
We all thought he would make the top and I am sad to see him go to Juventus and Italy ,the land of ugly football. I have always hated Italian football and their clubs.
I confess to watching Juventus and have for a number of years. :biggrin.gif: The Italian league has changed an awful lot in the past 10 years and is no longer the catenaccio approach to football that was. Unfortunately, Juve made a mistake in bringing in Sarri to replace Alegri. I was not impressed with Sarri in his brief stay at Chelsea. they also have done little to improve their midfield which Ajax ran rings around last spring.

At least Juventus run their club conservatively in terms of money, no phony €s on their books from petro-money of fake loans like Real Madrid occaisionally receive. They own a wonderful new stadium.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 16, 2019 10:28 am

Sky UK last night saying Juve have agreed £67.5m which is 75m .They quoted from Sky Italy.

BBC quoting £67.5m Loads of comments that Juve have a bargain as Manu may pay £80m for Maguire ie 90m euros.Leicester buying Brighton's 27 year old Cd Dunk for 50m euros . These 2 are not fit to lace de Ligt's bootlaces but prices for average English players are just stupid.

All I would say is that he has only chosen the 4th strongest league to play in .Spain, EPL and Germany rank above.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 16, 2019 12:34 pm

SPL schreef: BBC quoting £67.5m Loads of comments that Juve have a bargain as Manu may pay £80m for Maguire ie 90m euros.Leicester buying Brighton's 27 year old Cd Dunk for 50m euros . These 2 are not fit to lace de Ligt's bootlaces but prices for average English players are just stupid.
The only reason English defenders have the price tag so high is the EPL rule on each team having a certain number of home grown players. Maguire is decent and an England NT player, not as good as de Ligt, BUT he is English.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm

Orange 14 you are correct above.Dont think Juve would pay 55m let alone 75 m for Maguire.

Still think 150m euros for Frenkie and Matthjis is great money thanks to CL

Plaats reactie