Daley Blind

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Ayman

Daley Blind

Bericht door Ayman » za dec 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Wow no thread for Daley? Anyway, he has had an op, he had heart muscle inflammation, he is now resting, lets hope he will be back after recovering.

Orange14

Re: Daley Blind

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 21, 2019 2:41 pm

Blind had a device similar to a pacemaker implanted. It monitors heart rhythm and can give the heart of shock if there is an abnormality detected. I'm not a cardiologist and wont' venture any opinion about Blind's future as a football player.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za dec 21, 2019 3:45 pm

isn’t this what sami khedira also had done? he still plays

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 21, 2019 4:55 pm

kezme44 schreef:isn’t this what sami khedira also had done? he still plays
Khedira had an irregular heart beat and I don't know how similar the procedure he had done was. He missed a month before returning to play for Juve.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Reading comments seems like he may well play again but not this season.As long as he can lead a normal life playing football is not important.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za dec 21, 2019 10:45 pm

true, not the same as khedira. read he will be out 3-6 months so could cone back this season.some people suffer permanent heart damage though so we’ll see...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 22, 2019 2:36 pm

Nice display of support at the 17th minute of today's match against ADO. Let's wish a speed resolution to the heart problem for Daley Blind.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za jan 18, 2020 4:56 pm

danny blind saying today that daley is doing much better and has resumed conditioning. might take a while still but I think good chance we’ll see him this season

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 18, 2020 7:36 pm

Good news from Danny today about Daley

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di mar 30, 2021 11:03 pm

looks like Daley suffered a serious injury during today’s game against Gibraltar. was carried away on stretcher. Unclear to me at this moment what the injury is. Looked like the knee but could be the ankle according to fdb’s statement. We shall see...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 31, 2021 12:53 pm

Ankle injury but what on earth was Daley doing playing 3 full games in a week and last night playing a side who would struggle to beat Young Ajax.I could not believe it when I read he was playing last night.

Thanks Mr de Boer.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mar 31, 2021 3:51 pm

They should have refused to play on a very poor artificial surface. FIFA should outlaw this for all qualification matches. They do not play WC matches on such pitches. Agree with SPL that three matches in such a short period was stupid considering all the matches he had already played with Ajax.

Duke
Site Admin & AT EC 2016 winner

Bericht door Duke » do apr 01, 2021 2:36 pm

There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad.

Salvador Dali

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 01, 2021 7:24 pm

Daley out for the season when he should not have been playing the game. Ajax need to have a good go at de Boer for letting him play 3 games in a week when he had recently had a knee injury.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do apr 01, 2021 9:12 pm

So that leaves us with 2 left sided defenders Tagliafico and Martinez. Rensch will take a long time to grow at left back, if needed, while J. Timber is an RCB, it would be a huge step for him to play at LCB. Lets hope for no more injuries, I think Ten Hag needs to make a habit of resting players, especialy in the Eredivisie.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 01, 2021 9:32 pm

When he does return, Mazraoui can play LFB as he did when Tagliafico was out suspended in the CL run (think it was the Juve match). Schuurs can also play on the left as well and Martinez can cover on the back line. All this being said, I don't want to see anyone else get hurt.

Regarding de Boer, I'm boycotting all the qualifiers and will not watch the WC in Qatar because of their horrible human rights abuse in building the stadiums. de Boer is a horrible manage of the team and should be sacked. His player selection is awful leaving Weghorst off the team despite his goal scoring stats in Germany. Blind has played 2 matches a week and this time was asked to play a third on a horrible artificial pitch. This injury is due to de Boer plain and simple.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 02, 2021 11:45 am

100% agree Daley's injury is de Boer's fault.Will we get compensation from Dutch FA?

Iniesta

Bericht door Iniesta » vr apr 02, 2021 1:05 pm

How on earth is this de Boers fault??
He did not get a muscle injury from fatigue, he just got himself injured through a unlucky duel.
What is de Boer supposed to do? Not play with his best players for World Cup qualification?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 02, 2021 7:08 pm

I blame de Boer because having played Daley v Turkey and Latvia he then picked him v minnows Gibraltar. Daley got injured and of course no one to blame on the field but I am having a moan because he should not have played in this game .He has been carrying a knee injury recently and no way should he have been picked for a 3rd game in 6 days.Gibraltar are a real minnow and i would expect ADO Den Haag team to beat them.

Iniesta

Bericht door Iniesta » vr apr 02, 2021 8:15 pm

Im sure the fans of Lyon, Liverpool , Sevilla, Juventus Barcelona will all feel the same about their players
If de Boer needs to take all of this into account he should really play eith a B team with most likely still a win
De Boer however is responsible for qualification of the most prestigious tournament in the world, and obviously cannot changes to go for “most likely” options

Moreover, the injury had nothing to do with Blind playing 3 games

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr apr 02, 2021 9:24 pm

Iniesta schreef:
vr apr 02, 2021 8:15 pm

De Boer however is responsible for qualification of the most prestigious tournament in the world, and obviously cannot changes to go for “most likely” options

Moreover, the injury had nothing to do with Blind playing 3 games
de Boer is an awful manager and you only need to look at his selection. Ryan Babel? Luuk de Jong? Depay not at striker where he had great success under Koeman. de Boer was very lucky at Ajax when he took over for Jol. The league was weak and he won four championships without playing any resemblance of Ajax football. Remember the dreadful U-turn football with all the passes back to the keeper? He moves to Italy and fails there and then on to America where he takes over for Tata Martino in Atlanta and faces a player rebellion when he tries to change an attacking team to a conservative one. They were exciting under Martino and won a championship. de Boer gets sacked.

Blind was carrying an injury and had played two matches a week almost all season. This is not conducive to staying injury free, particularly when playing on an awful artificial surface. Of course nobody can say for certain whether playing all these matches makes one more injury prone but it is a fact that older players do tend to pick up more injuries.

Plaats reactie