coronavirus

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: coronavirus

Bericht door Amol » di mei 05, 2020 10:32 pm

I have stopped looking at numbers in New York State and NYC. You can now sense that people are getting tired of staying indoors as we are now in week 7.

It's a double edged sword - you can't stay indoors forever and you can't open up too soon either. Lots of businesses are going bankrupt over here and unemployment is going through the roof.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 16, 2020 11:07 pm

I had my tie maker put together a nice bow tie and COVID-19 mask set for me to wear to my next business meeting!

Afbeelding
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mei 19, 2020 2:38 am

Orange14 schreef:
za mei 16, 2020 11:07 pm
I had my tie maker put together a nice bow tie and COVID-19 mask set for me to wear to my next business meeting!

Afbeelding
That looks great!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 19, 2020 5:33 am

SPL schreef:
vr mei 01, 2020 12:13 pm
Lockdown is needed.Here in Uk our NHS is coping but our deaths are now about to overtake Italy and 2nd to USA. I read 15,000 a day still flying into the country everyday and not tested,this is crazy.

Lockdown will continue here for all of May although more shops and small businesses will start to open. I dont see Premier football restarting before August.How on earth can they talk about restarting when 700 still died yesterday.

It does feel surreal living like this.I live on the south coast and the region,called counties,West Sussex has only 1100 recorded cases out of 858,000 population.This is very small but would be a lot higher but for lockdown.
This virus is new, epidemiologists are studying it, the cases maybe small, but when there is a second wave, third wave, etc, it will be higher anyway, so its a losing battle, everyone is going to catch the virus, the question is who will make it to the other side and who will not and who will end up with long term detrimental effects. In London, the ISIS mayor, Sadiq Khan has strongly recommended that people wear masks in the public transport, remember, there is no air con in London underground, and the service is diabolical. Imagine being in the underground station with the searing heat for ages with a mask. And these bubble heads voted for him!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Mention of the London Underground.I never go to London,I cannot stand the place, but even when I have done I used buses. The underground in the rush hour is hell,but so are ordinary trains in the rush hour.The underground is still packed ,in this lockdown.

We are seeing more businesses opening and now we can travel anywhere for a day out the roads are getting busier.

Biggest concern for my wife and I are we have back problems and it could be July before chiropractors can reopen. Same with Dentists.We are almost as worried about getting a tooth problem than getting the virus!

Hope you are all surviving ok.

PS Orange 14 you look very smart.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 05, 2020 11:41 am

Have to post this as it refers to Trump.

Main BBC TV news last night was about Trump and Bethesda Maryland was featured live. Fame for Orange's home town.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 05, 2020 1:17 pm

SPL schreef:
ma okt 05, 2020 11:41 am
Have to post this as it refers to Trump.

Main BBC TV news last night was about Trump and Bethesda Maryland was featured live. Fame for Orange's home town.
:headbang.gif: We live about a mile away. I was out doing some errands yesterday and drove past Walter Reed Hospital. There were lots of supporters of the President lining the walk on the hospital side of the street and opponents of the President on the walk on the opposite side. Fortunately, it was peaceful and an article in today's paper said there were supporters who had driven in from several nearby states. Just of the record, FWIW, I am not a supporter of the President. :biggrin.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 12, 2021 1:53 pm

Netherlands going into a 3 week lockdown from tomorrow. No audiences at football so empty stadiums again. Numbers of cases rising again in Europe !! At present our only home game is Willem on 2nd Dec but we have 4 more home games after that in Dec.

KNVB ,Dutch FA ,are not happy as they say football crowds have not caused covid to spread.

Plaats reactie