Ajax ticket resale

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
nick468

Ajax ticket resale

Bericht door nick468 » za jul 30, 2022 12:36 am

Hi there,

I'm planning to visit the Netherlands at the start of September, and I was hoping to attend the ArenA for the game versus Cambuur.

However, sadly tickets have sold out.

I contacted Ajax Life and they told me there is a place where season ticket holders can officially resell their tickets for the game through ajax.nl. So I contacted Ajax and asked them, but they said they are not confident any more tickets will become available through this means.

Was just wondering if anybody can advise if they think tickets will become available on re-sale? Or am I better off getting my ticket on Viagogo (even though the prices are extortionate). Do Viagogo prices drop as the game gets closer?

I would have thought for a home game, early in the season against a side like Cambuur, I would not have had a problem buying a ticket. I am a Clubcard holder until 2023 and in the past, it was never a problem to buy a ticket. Now all games sell out instantly. It feels like I should not renew it.

Really hope some of you can help me out. Look forward to hearing you :-)

- Nick

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Re: Ajax ticket resale

Bericht door Cruijff » za jul 30, 2022 4:53 pm

Hi Nick! :biggthumpup.gif: Thank you for showing interest in our club. :tifoajax.gif:

nick468 schreef:
za jul 30, 2022 12:36 am
Hi there,

I'm planning to visit the Netherlands at the start of September, and I was hoping to attend the ArenA for the game versus Cambuur.

However, sadly tickets have sold out.

I would have thought for a home game, early in the season against a side like Cambuur, I would not have had a problem buying a ticket. I am a Clubcard holder until 2023 and in the past, it was never a problem to buy a ticket. Now all games sell out instantly. It feels like I should not renew it.
Difficult indeed.
As until a few years ago, you could easily find tickets for a game like Ajax - Cambuur, but nowadays it's already sold out even before clubcard holders get their chance.
nick468 schreef:
I contacted Ajax Life and they told me there is a place where season ticket holders can officially resell their tickets for the game through ajax.nl. So I contacted Ajax and asked them, but they said they are not confident any more tickets will become available through this means.
Until now the official reselling of the tickets on Ajax.nl does not really work well.
Which is a pity, cause other football clubs like AZ Alkmaar and also some foreign teams did organise it much better.

In theory you could pay a ticket scalper for example €40 in front of the stadium, and then he can send you a ticket by e-mail.
But last minute showing up at the stadium and then 'scoring a ticket' is not anymore a very nice system, as nowadays you get entrance to the stadium with your Smartphone by scanning a QR-code.

That also takes away the charm of collecting all your tickets from visiting football matches worldwide and then after decades having a couple of hundred match tickets. :blush.gif:
nick468 schreef:
Was just wondering if anybody can advise if they think tickets will become available on re-sale? Or am I better off getting my ticket on Viagogo (even though the prices are extortionate). Do Viagogo prices drop as the game gets closer?
Their prices then sometimes drop, yes.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jul 30, 2022 4:53 pm

nick468 schreef:
Hi there,

I'm planning to visit the Netherlands at the start of September, and I was hoping to attend the ArenA
The ArenA? :nooo.gif: :eusa_naughty.gif:
To just an ArenA? Nowadays it's called Johan Cruyff ArenA!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 22, 2023 3:36 pm

Looking to come to Amsterdam with my 10 year old during Thanksgiving. Looking for tickets for the Ajax Vitesse game on Nov 25th.

Found some on Stubhub (which I use here in NYC) and Viagogo (never used). Should I be looking elsewhere first?

Plaats reactie