General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma apr 11, 2005 2:41 am

I watched the real-barca game i would say that the game was pretty even and way too open the game could have finished 6-4 or something like that, what madrid had in favor was the timing of the goals kind of like chealsea when they beat barca, the goal at the end of the first half was just a killer, i could bet a million bucks that if madrid dont score that goal barca would have at least tied the game.

oh welll it was a really good game in the end.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma apr 11, 2005 7:45 am

Speaking of derbies...

I went to the Panathinaikos - Olympiakos game last night. A great time, great crowd, not too much tear gas. The only negative was the disappointing small number of projectiles thrown onto the field. I only counted one chair launched onto the pitch. :nooo: (This doesn't include the chair I saw one fan taking home with him on the metro.)

The metro ride home was great - Panathinaikos fans were in good spirits and the train conductor played the team song on the speakers.

Good times.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma apr 11, 2005 7:49 am

Incidentally, former Dutch under-21 international Nordin Wooter plays for Panathinaikos. He was quite influential yesterday, before coming off with an injury.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do apr 21, 2005 12:54 am

Caught the ManUre game at Everton today. Not an Everton supporter ,but MoanU going down is reason to congratulate David Moyes and company. Better yet, 6 reverse-cleansheets, as in the ManUre offense has a slogan of better dead than red at the moment,is fun to watch. Give a cheer for Gary Neville. He finally hit what he was aiming at with the ball.Pity it was an Everton supporter.His :redcard: matched his shirt and Alex's face. As for Paul Scholes, he looked like he was trying out for the Rockettes with his :redcard: kick.Sir Alex= X'C .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 21, 2005 6:05 am

(My prediction: if our mate Sir Alex Ferguson reads your post his reply will be something to the effect of "Okay, we lost, but it's good to see that you lot are doing well again in your cute little Mickey Mouse League". Not that I give a shit; just keeping you posted. If you're annoyed by the provocative undercurrent in his posts, just ignore him. Best way.)

(K.) :D
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do apr 21, 2005 9:31 am

Kowalczyk schreef:(My prediction: if our mate Sir Alex Ferguson reads your post his reply will be something to the effect of "Okay, we lost, but it's good to see that you lot are doing well again in your cute little Mickey Mouse League". Not that I give a shit; just keeping you posted. If you're annoyed by the provocative undercurrent in his posts, just ignore him. Best way.)

(K.) :D
This Man United team....are they a big club then?
Interesting they are eh......well how many European Cups have they won?
Two you say....
Hmm....on a par with Nottingham Forest then.....
:headbang:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 21, 2005 10:06 am

aveslacker schreef:Incidentally, former Dutch under-21 international Nordin Wooter plays for Panathinaikos. He was quite influential yesterday, before coming off with an injury.
reminds me of the Golden Age

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bowyer

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 22, 2005 9:58 pm

Penalty for Lee Bowyer:

- 3 games suspension from the FA for attacking Dyer
- 3 games suspension from the FA for being sent off
- 1 game suspension for the fact that is was his 2nd red card of the season
- 44,000 euros fine from the FA
- 300,000 euros fine from Newcastle Utd

Total: 7 games suspension and 344,000 euros fine (200,000 pounds, I guess).

That will teach him. I don't think I ever discussed this bloke with my English mates, so I don't know how they feel about him, but almost every time I've seen him in action I thought he was a complete wanker.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: Bowyer

Bericht door carcajou » vr apr 22, 2005 11:57 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Penalty for Lee Bowyer:

- 3 games suspension from the FA for attacking Dyer
- 3 games suspension from the FA for being sent off
- 1 game suspension for the fact that is was his 2nd red card of the season
- 44,000 euros fine from the FA
- 300,000 euros fine from Newcastle Utd

Total: 7 games suspension and 344,000 euros fine (200,000 pounds, I guess).

That will teach him. I don't think I ever discussed this bloke with my English mates, so I don't know how they feel about him, but almost every time I've seen him in action I thought he was a complete wanker.

K.
There are some people in English football that are just a disgrace to the game :

Roy "Jack the Reaper" Keane
Danny Mills
Lee Bowyer
and the guys from the Winbledon of the old days
meh :|

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za apr 23, 2005 11:40 am

Ko, this guy is a wanker of the first order, both on and off the pitch. He first came to notice as a teenager at Charlton when he got a drugs ban. Since then he's been convicted of smashing up a McDonalds (allegations of racism), the famous affray in Leeds City Centre (allegations of racism), numerous bad behaviour on the pitch, and now this.

He is just Scum of the first order I'm afraid (and from SE London as well which is double shame for me) :shithappens:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma apr 25, 2005 5:25 pm

Another piece of tactical brilliance from the Politie as reported in yesterdays Observer....

"Dutch Riot Police who asked fans to simulate a riot for a training exercise say they're 'shocked' it turned ugly. Go Ahead Eagles fans were asked to 'put up stiff resistance' in return for 'a free ticket and a drink' - but during the event fans began throwing bricks. 'We suspended the drill,' says a police spokeswoman. 'The supporters weren't behaving as we'd agreed'.

Sounds like the script for Police Academy 127.... :D

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 26, 2005 2:41 pm

Re Bowyer he should be kicked out of the game as he is a complete disgrace.

Calling this clown a wanker is being kind. I am sure Newcastle will sell him in the summer,thats why they did not kick him out after his fight with Dyer.Sad thing is another club will sign him and pay him silly money.

PS On the subject of players in trouble our former youth Quincy Owusa Abeyi, now at Arsenal, was arrested on Sunday night, well3am in the morning!!, for being involved in a fight.

Overpaid, overated wankers would describe a lot of players over here.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di apr 26, 2005 3:06 pm

SPL schreef: Calling this clown a wanker is being kind.
His Uncle and Cousin are exactly the same. I used to play bowls against them and its a miracle that the games actually finished without blows being exchanged. However, for them please precede the word wanker with the word arrogant.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di apr 26, 2005 6:34 pm

Glad to see the FA set the disciplinary bar high.That way, when the wanker acts up again, it'll be good-bye for a 1/2 season or more. Slowly but surely, the moron is working toward a lfetime ban.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di apr 26, 2005 6:45 pm

[Slowly but surely, the moron is working toward a lfetime ban.]

I only wish. Sadly Money talks in the Premier League, Newcastle are a big club, he's a high-profile player blah blah blah

That just never happens - SPL is right, someone else will just sign him in the close season for silly money and all will be "forgotton" until next time.[/quote]

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr apr 29, 2005 8:19 am

From FootballUnlimited.com....

Not a great surprise.....some clubs are just more equal than others.....

Old Lady luck on Juve's side

Staff and agencies
Thursday April 28, 2005

Juventus won't have to hand back the scudetto and Champions League trophies they won in the mid-1990s, even though the club's doctor at the time has been found guilty of doping offences.
The ruling was announced by the international Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne today.

"The use of pharmaceutical substances that are not expressly banned by sporting law and that are not similar to illegal substances cannot be punished by disciplinary action," CAS was quoted as saying in La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) had asked CAS for its advice following the outcome of a trial in Turin last November in which Riccardo Agricola was found guilty of administering excessive pharmaceuticals to players between 1994 and 1998.
That verdict raised fears the club would have to surrender titles it won during that period, including three Serie A championships and the 1996 Champions League.

CAS's judgement is, however, far from the end of the matter. CONI sought advice from CAS only on one part of the Turin court's judgement, that relating to drugs "not expressly banned by the rules".

Agricola was also found guilty of administering the banned blood-booster EPO. That verdict is under appeal.

Should Italy's Court of Appeal uphold the original sentence there could be fresh calls for Juventus to surrender their trophies and possibly another recourse to the CAS.

The magistrate who conducted the original investigation against Juventus, Raffaele Guariniello, said the case remained open.

"I've read the sentence of the Court of Arbitration. Now I'll wait for that of the Court of Appeal," he said.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr apr 29, 2005 9:10 am

I think FIFA/UEFA was too late... Why didn't they find anything after (or during) that season(s)??

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr apr 29, 2005 9:14 am

Manneken Pis schreef: Juventus won't have to hand back the scudetto and Champions League trophies they won in the mid-1990s, even though the club's doctor at the time has been found guilty of doping offences.
The ruling was announced by the international Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne today..
give us the 96 CL back, you cheats, crooks and thieves !
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 29, 2005 9:37 am

I read a story in the paper yesterday, and it said that those trophies may still be taken from them. There are two separate cases: one for the use of a number of substances that are not on the UEFA list of 'forbidden substances' and one for the use of a few substances that do appear on that list.

Yesterday's verdict was the first case. The use of the substances that are not on the list was not serious enough to take their trophies back. There is no verdict in the second case yet - and the penalty for the use of officially forbidden substances is expected to be higher.

By the way: if they decide to take those scudettos and the 'Big One' away from Juve, does that automatically mean they will be given to the losers in the final (Ajax) or the runners-up in the league instead...? I'm not too sure, actually.

If it happens they may officially make 1996 a year with no CL winner.

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op vr apr 29, 2005 10:19 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr apr 29, 2005 10:04 am

But no-one retakes them money and many other things...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr apr 29, 2005 11:27 am

Kowalczyk schreef:By the way: if they decide to take those scudettos and the 'Big One' away from Juve, does that automatically mean they will be given to the losers in the final (Ajax) or the runners-up in the league instead...? I'm not too sure, actually.

K.
What happened when Marseille got caught cheating the year they won it?
Tha case was different (they played a "fixed" league game in the league to take pressure off preparations for the CL final against AC Milan) but it might still be a precedent, although Uefa tends to ignore that for the "big boys".

BTW the guy who leaked the truth was ostracized from football and never played again.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr apr 29, 2005 6:55 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:By the way: if they decide to take those scudettos and the 'Big One' away from Juve, does that automatically mean they will be given to the losers in the final (Ajax) or the runners-up in the league instead...? I'm not too sure, actually.

K.
What happened when Marseille got caught cheating the year they won it?
Tha case was different (they played a "fixed" league game in the league to take pressure off preparations for the CL final against AC Milan) but it might still be a precedent, although Uefa tends to ignore that for the "big boys".

BTW the guy who leaked the truth was ostracized from football and never played again.
And you can add the now world famous Cannavaro video...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di mei 03, 2005 9:59 pm

So,

I just watched Liverpool play the "wall"-strategy for 87 minutes against Chelsea and take the semis home....

I always had a soft spot for Liverpool and I don't mind them winning, especially not against Chelsea, but to me this is not football worthy of the CL.

I felt the exact same way about Greece winning the EC. I could appreciate them winning and I whish them nothing but the best but the way they did it is simply a slap in the face for people loving football.

So, what do you think guys. Win in fashion and flair or don't win or win at all costs no matter what strategy that lead you there?
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mei 03, 2005 10:33 pm

Per schreef:So,

I just watched Liverpool play the "wall"-strategy for 87 minutes against Chelsea and take the semis home....

I always had a soft spot for Liverpool and I don't mind them winning, especially not against Chelsea, but to me this is not football worthy of the CL.

I felt the exact same way about Greece winning the EC. I could appreciate them winning and I whish them nothing but the best but the way they did it is simply a slap in the face for people loving football.

So, what do you think guys. Win in fashion and flair or don't win or win at all costs no matter what strategy that lead you there?
Don't even ask... I'm the one who said he would STOP being an Ajax supporter should they sign a donkey like Jan Köller or a ballerin like Inzaghi. Style is what all this stuff is about !!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo mei 04, 2005 3:09 am

Thats a very dificult question to answer, i think that till a certain point playing anti-football is wrong... wrong to the spectacle,wrong to the crowd and wrong to the TV viewers BUT (and thats a huge BUT) it really depends on the team that plays that way and it also depends on the context of the game. I remember being quite marvel´d at the way the greeks played in Euro 2004, yes it was'nt prety and yes it was'nt entertainig football BUT( there i go again) it was amazing to watch the level of dicipline and heart that the players put into the strategy and playing style. And it was because of that dicipline and heart that they won that trophy fair and square. What im trying to say is that Greece( Sweden played very much the same way) dident have the star power nor the ofensive talent to play "entertaining football" so they had a kind of reason for playing as they did and to there credit they executed their style perfectly.
Same thing goes for Milan, they execute there so called catenaccio to perfectión winning almost every game 1-0 BUT they are a diferent story because they have some of the most ofensive minded geniuses in the whole world yet they play at a dull and boring pace BUT( that's the last one promise) they keep on winning and winning and winning thats just the way Football is.....
Liverpool is not a defensive minded team they just did what every team would do after scoring so early, lean back on the result.

Anyways i still love the ajax all out ofense style..... Till the end jeje :headbang:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Plaats reactie