boro'ajax34

Re: General Football Discussion

Bericht door boro'ajax34 » wo apr 17, 2019 9:54 pm

VAR the gift that just keeps on giving for ajax!!! :ajaxscarf.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo apr 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Spurs it is!

IMO English teams don’t have much going for them aside from physicality. If we can stand up to that we should be fine!

boro'ajax34

Bericht door boro'ajax34 » wo apr 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Agreed and with their two strikers potentially out I think it's ours to lose!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo apr 17, 2019 10:04 pm

boro'ajax34 schreef:VAR the gift that just keeps on giving for ajax!!! :ajaxscarf.gif:

Hahahahahahahahahaha.
You can almost not even come up with a nicer way to see City get eliminated.

PSG Arabic money and diver Neymar are out !!
Manchester City Arabic money Guardiola not picking the most attractive and courageous squad and wearing a very ugly sweater are out !!
Juventus paying C. Ronaldo a yearly salary of 40 million to buy the Champions League title are out !!
Manchester United playing ugly football, filled with players with ridiculous haircuts and think they are a 5 times bigger club than they really are are out !!
All Germans, all Italians, all Portuguese are out !! Ajax will win the cups!!

Daley can go for all the same club prices as father Danny won during his career, despite that one Danny Blind and Ajax won in 1987.
Afbeelding

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo apr 17, 2019 10:06 pm

I think we got the easier of the two teams in the semis. I have higher hopes of beating Tottenham than I did against Man City.

Tottenham is at home in the first game and are missing Son. Kane is already out for the rest of the season.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo apr 17, 2019 10:15 pm

Cruijff schreef:Daley can go for all the same club prices as father Danny won during his career, despite that one Danny Blind and Ajax won in 1987.
I have spotted another super crazy coincidence, but will point it out after we win the final against Barca/Liverpool :ajaxscarf.gif: . Don't want to jinx our chances.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo apr 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Amol schreef:
I have spotted another super crazy coincidence, but will point it out after we win the final against Barca/Liverpool :ajaxscarf.gif: . Don't want to jinx our chances.
Yep we should not get over confident.
But as the final will be played in Madrid I suppose the team will have a very good feeling when they land their plane there again on Madrid Airport.

Messi is again in brilliant form lately. Over 180 minutes FC Barcelona (and also Liverpool) will be a very tough cookie. But in a 90 minute final everything is possible!

boro'ajax34

Bericht door boro'ajax34 » wo apr 17, 2019 10:23 pm

This was a great result for us, city dominated for huge parts of both games and overall are a much better team full of quality players, Tottenham seem to very much be getting huge slices of luck. I have a lot of friends who are Tottenham fans and even they are saying the game against us could be all over by the end of the first leg, let's hope so :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo apr 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Cruijff schreef:Yep we should not get over confident.
Agree 100%. The bookies will make Spurs the favorites anyway. We do better when we go in as underdogs.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo apr 17, 2019 10:31 pm

boro'ajax34 schreef: I have a lot of friends who are Tottenham fans and even they are saying the game against us could be all over by the end of the first leg, let's hope so :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

:biggthumpup.gif: :biggthumpup.gif:
Welcome to the message board by the way boro'ajax34! :biggthumpup.gif:

Don't know if you read on the Ajaxtalk forum already for a long time or have registered recently but again welcome! :ajaxscarf.gif:

Man City has so many more offensive options than Tottenham Hotspurs. In my opinion Pep Guardiola does not often picks the most attrictive / attacking or just not even the best options, in my opinion.
I'm not a very big fan of Pep.

boro'ajax34

Bericht door boro'ajax34 » wo apr 17, 2019 10:36 pm

Thank you very much, it's good to finally be here, been going to games and reading these boards for many years now and finally on a long night shift decided it was about time I got myself on here, as it's been such a great source of ajax information for so long

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo apr 17, 2019 10:40 pm

boro'ajax34 schreef:Thank you very much, it's good to finally be here, been going to games and reading these boards for many years now and finally on a long night shift decided it was about time I got myself on here, as it's been such a great source of ajax information for so long
Sorry for not doing this earlier, but welcome aboard! :smile-ajax.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo apr 17, 2019 11:58 pm

boro'ajax34 schreef:Thank you very much, it's good to finally be here, been going to games and reading these boards for many years now and finally on a long night shift decided it was about time I got myself on here, as it's been such a great source of ajax information for so long
Good to hear :biggthumpup.gif: and indeed Ajaxtalk, founded in 2003 but the old website already existed in 1998 is a great source. And so are also Ajaxshowtime.com and https://www.ajaxinside.nl/

Just out of curiousity. Where you're from, since when do you follow Ajax or go to the games?

boro'ajax34

Bericht door boro'ajax34 » do apr 18, 2019 7:18 am

I was born and live in Peterborough, however my dad was an amsterdammer so have followed ajax my whole life really. Started going to games at 18 (as my dad was never big into football) and try and get over for at least a couple a year, although work commitments mean not as many as I'd like. Was last in Amsterdam when we were due to play zolle last month but of course it got re-arranged . Hoping to take my boys to their first ajax game early next season to stop all their silly chelsea and arsenal talk

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » do apr 18, 2019 7:34 am

boro'ajax34 schreef:I was born and live in Peterborough, however my dad was an amsterdammer so have followed ajax my whole life really. Started going to games at 18 (as my dad was never big into football) and try and get over for at least a couple a year, although work commitments mean not as many as I'd like. Was last in Amsterdam when we were due to play zolle last month but of course it got re-arranged . Hoping to take my boys to their first ajax game early next season to stop all their silly chelsea and arsenal talk
St. Neots here, but originally from Amsterdam. Welcome :)
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

boro'ajax34

Bericht door boro'ajax34 » do apr 18, 2019 8:44 am

I was born and live in Peterborough, however my dad was an amsterdammer so have followed ajax my whole life really. Started going to games at 18 (as my dad was never big into football) and try and get over for at least a couple a year, although work commitments mean not as many as I'd like. Was last in Amsterdam when we were due to play zolle last month but of course it got re-arranged . Hoping to take my boys to their first ajax game early next season to stop all their silly chelsea and arsenal talk

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do apr 18, 2019 10:49 am

boro'ajax34 schreef:I was born and live in Peterborough, however my dad was an amsterdammer so have followed ajax my whole life really. Started going to games at 18 (as my dad was never big into football) and try and get over for at least a couple a year, although work commitments mean not as many as I'd like. Was last in Amsterdam when we were due to play zolle last month but of course it got re-arranged . Hoping to take my boys to their first ajax game early next season to stop all their silly chelsea and arsenal talk

Yes also 1 hour and 26 minutes earlier you wrote exactly the same. :smile-ajax.gif:

Pfoe... Arsenal plus Chelsea. Indeed silly is the term to describe them to be mild.
Same thing for an other English Ajacied SPL. From his two sons at least one likes Arsenal, but also does not enjoy them as much anymore since the real creativity like with for example Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Marc Overmars and Pires is gone.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do apr 18, 2019 11:04 am

And if we speak about Arsenal, they approached Matthijs de Ligt at the age of 10, and then again when he was 11, 13 and aged 15 to join their academy.

He refused their offer all 4 times.

boro'ajax34

Bericht door boro'ajax34 » do apr 18, 2019 11:49 am

Yes unfortunately my older son is the arsenal fan and has been to a few of their games so may be beyond "saving" I think I can sway the younger one for sure thou, not yet been to see Chelsea and always wants to watch ajax highlights

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 18, 2019 11:54 am

Welcome boro'. Good to have another English fan on here.I live in Worthing but my Aunt and Uncle lived in Amsterdam and I first went over there in 1969 ,aged 18. My sons are both Gooners but at least the youngest one's hero was Bergkamp.

I am glad we have Spurs as they should be easier than Dubai Oil City but its just great to be in the semis.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do apr 18, 2019 12:15 pm

boro'ajax34 schreef:Yes unfortunately my older son is the arsenal fan and has been to a few of their games so may be beyond "saving" I think I can sway the younger one for sure thou, not yet been to see Chelsea and always wants to watch ajax highlights
Well just bring him to Amsterdam for a real cracking game.
In the summer months Champions League qualification matches have a really good atmosphere but.... the Champions League winner 2019 will qualify directy so there will be no qualifying for them (/ us?) :biggthumpup.gif:

Ajax vs PSV Eindhoven a few weeks ago was crazy. The stadium exploded after the 3-1. The fight with 10 against 11 in a do or die game for the league title and with the support of the team was fabulous!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do apr 18, 2019 2:46 pm

SPL schreef:I am glad we have Spurs as they should be easier than Dubai Oil City but its just great to be in the semis.
Man City is owned by Abu Dhabi - the emirate which has oil. Dubai actually has no oil and survives on trade and folks who like buying glitzy apartments in a desert.

I'm so glad both the OPEC clubs are out.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Newspapers are now reporting the proposal to restructure the Champions League format: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/09/spor ... uring.html

Here are my comments that I just posted over on Big Soccer:

It would make it close to impossible for clubs from smaller UEFA countries to realistically compete. This will mark the death of competitive football across Europe if it does come to pass. It would be far better for UEFA to go back to original concept and make it a competition for champions. One could still have multiple entries from the big football countries but ONLY give the league champion an automatic pass into the group stage. Preserve group stage berths for more countries based on their performance and then push all the remaining clubs into a tiered competition of qualifying rounds. I'm amazed that Ajax managed to get through three qualifying rounds, the group stage, and then the knockout round and still come within 30 seconds of making it to the final. Let ManCity, Juventus, Bayern, Barca, PSG go into the group stage but make teams such as Liverpool, Spurs, Real Madrid, Dortmund, Roma, etc. show their mettle by having to go through qualification rounds.

This would add more interest to domestic leagues as only the top place gets automatic group stage qualification. Let's not make this a plan of enriching the already rich clubs any further.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 14, 2019 1:33 pm

UEFA may kick ManCity out of next year's Champions League for financial irregularities: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/spor ... -uefa.html
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 01, 2019 11:39 pm

Very mediocre Champions League final. Ajax would have defeated either team based on how this match was played.

Plaats reactie