General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: General Football Discussion

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Have to say I didn't watch it but is sounded pretty crap. I enjoyed watching our U19s early showing Feyenoord oiks how to play proper football.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo jun 02, 2019 9:08 pm

Ajax could've easily won against Liverpool. We just failed to keep our heads in the last 10 minutes of our game against Tottenham.

Klopp was smart and let Tottenham dictate play after scoring early. Tottenham couldn't find spaces and couldn't break down Lierpool's defense. Also their long balls didn't have the same effect as they had against us - Matip and Van Dijk being really tall.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jun 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Hakim Ziyech has scoed two goals but broken his ankle while on international duty. I feel bad for him, as he was expecting to go on a transfer to a club in a bigger league.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jun 17, 2019 1:18 am

Ayman schreef:Hakim Ziyech has scoed two goals but broken his ankle while on international duty. I feel bad for him, as he was expecting to go on a transfer to a club in a bigger league.
Is this true? I just looked at the box score of the match against Zambia and he played the whole game according to ESPN. I cannot find any news report about an ankle injury.

In American basketball, the Golden State Warriors lost one player to an Achilles tear and another to an ACL tear in the space of three days during the recent playoffs. Both were scheduled to be free agents next summer.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 17, 2019 2:13 am

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef:Hakim Ziyech has scoed two goals but broken his ankle while on international duty. I feel bad for him, as he was expecting to go on a transfer to a club in a bigger league.
Is this true? I just looked at the box score of the match against Zambia and he played the whole game according to ESPN. I cannot find any news report about an ankle injury.

In American basketball, the Golden State Warriors lost one player to an Achilles tear and another to an ACL tear in the space of three days during the recent playoffs. Both were scheduled to be free agents next summer.
Source AjaxTimes @ Twitter

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma jun 17, 2019 2:53 am

Searched the web just now for news about Hakim Ziyech, there was nothing about a broken ankle.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma jun 17, 2019 1:24 pm

I believe it was a joke about that super dribble on a Zambian player. "Broken Ankle"
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 23, 2019 12:44 pm

16 year old Xavi Simons a talented Dutch youth International who has grown up playing in Barcelona is now 16 and is joining PSG.

No one will be surprised Raiola is his agent.Barca wont deal with this man .

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di jul 23, 2019 4:25 pm

I know we all hate Raiola, but there must be a reason so many players go to him. Read this piece by Simon Kuper and see if it nuances your thoughts (it did mine ... a bit):

https://global.espn.com/football/juvent ... h-ambition
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 23, 2019 8:18 pm

MP a good read . Barca wont do business with Raiola so Matthijs was left wth Juve or PSG in a weak french league.Raiola is good for established players but my moan is with kids. He did his best to get Gravenberch to leave us but Ryan and his family decided they wanted to stay at Ajax.

Simons has lived and been with Barca since about 4 years old but clearly Barca wont deal with Raiola and thus the kid leaves .

I wouldn't give a kid a contract if he had Raiola as agent. Malen and Redan both left us as 16 year olds under him although I am not aware Hoogewerf and Bonnah ,who left this summer were with him.

Gravenberch has 2 years of a contract left and we all know it will be difficult getting an extension next year with Raiola. If that goes wrong for us and Gravenberch leaves then Ajax must just say we dont employ anyone with Raiola.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo jul 24, 2019 8:08 am

SPL schreef:MP a good read . Barca wont do business with Raiola so Matthijs was left wth Juve or PSG in a weak french league.Raiola is good for established players but my moan is with kids. He did his best to get Gravenberch to leave us but Ryan and his family decided they wanted to stay at Ajax.

Simons has lived and been with Barca since about 4 years old but clearly Barca wont deal with Raiola and thus the kid leaves .

I wouldn't give a kid a contract if he had Raiola as agent. Malen and Redan both left us as 16 year olds under him although I am not aware Hoogewerf and Bonnah ,who left this summer were with him.

Gravenberch has 2 years of a contract left and we all know it will be difficult getting an extension next year with Raiola. If that goes wrong for us and Gravenberch leaves then Ajax must just say we dont employ anyone with Raiola.
Absolutely.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo jul 24, 2019 7:15 pm

SPL schreef:MP a good read . Barca wont do business with Raiola so Matthijs was left wth Juve or PSG in a weak french league.Raiola is good for established players but my moan is with kids. He did his best to get Gravenberch to leave us but Ryan and his family decided they wanted to stay at Ajax.

i'm also not sure if losing gravenberch would be a huge loss. the few games i've watched in which he played, he has not impressed me. gave away way to many balls.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 24, 2019 11:16 am

FIFA world team of last season Frenkie and Matthijs from our beautiful club. V Dijk a 3rd Dutch.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 24, 2019 12:39 pm

SPL schreef:FIFA world team of last season Frenkie and Matthijs from our beautiful club. V Dijk a 3rd Dutch.
I saw the team and it was a total joke. Modric and Marcelo were pretty poor for Real Madrid whom Ajax knocked out of the CL last season. That they left out Andrew Robertson of Liverpool who might be the best LB around right now was puzzling. How could they pick three central defenders (no right fullback was chosen)? The two Ajax choices were right be me given how central they were to Ajax's march through the CL last season.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di sep 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Marcelo wasn't even in the Real squad that we faced last year. What a joke 11
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do okt 03, 2019 9:47 pm

With the good performance by Ajax in the CL and Feyenoord, AZ, and PSV in the Europa League, Dutch have moved up two places in the UEFA Competition rankings moving above Ukraine and Turkey.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Good results by all the Dutch sides so far.Could even catch Belgium above them in those rankings.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo okt 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Feyenoord currently down 1-4 away to Fortuna :blush.gif: :drecul.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Amol schreef:Feyenoord currently down 1-4 away to Fortuna :blush.gif: :drecul.gif:
I guess Jaap Stam was not the answer to their prayers.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 06, 2019 6:15 pm

PSV still win.Ihatteren their young talent has lost his father today to cancer. Never mind who he plays for that does not matter my thoughts go out to this lad.I was 24 when my father died and I felt cheated but this lad is only 17.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 21, 2019 8:23 pm

The short list for the Ballon d'or was announced today. Of the 30 players, FOUR were at Ajax last season!!!!! On the list were Tadic, van de Beek, de Jong and de Ligt. Amazing :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr feb 14, 2020 7:53 pm

In some what big news today - Manchester City banned from all UEFA competitions for next two seasons. Victory for football. So many more billionaire funded clubs left to go. Next up PSG.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » vr feb 14, 2020 8:38 pm

i'm sure a few folks will receive some cash under the table and this will be overturned with a 750k fine

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di feb 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Chelsea thoroughly taken apart by Bayern and lost Alonso on a VAR-review RC. Couldn't happen to a 'nicer' team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Chelski used up all their luck in that 4-4 sham of a game. Hakim says he is joining Chelski because of Lampard but if they dont qualify for CL next season Lampard will be sacked !

Plaats reactie