Ayman

Re: General Football Discussion

Bericht door Ayman » za mei 26, 2018 12:38 pm

SPL schreef:Interesting post Ayman.Jupiler league still producing Dutch talents
Thanks. Source = Football-oranje.com

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Ajax ladies won the championship the other day with a win over Twente.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 02, 2018 11:35 am

Good news. From the season 2020-21 all artificial grass will be banned in the Eredivisie. Better late than never eh?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 14, 2018 6:55 pm

i am not going to watch much WC but in my cricket messageboard 's sweep I drew Denmark. With Dolberg,Schone and Eriksen plus many people in Denmark are called Lund ( my surname) I will cheer them on .Dont want Kasper to do too well otherwise he could leave this summer.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jun 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Golovin looks like a good player, plays left midfield, he played as a winger against Saudi Arabia in the world cup opening game. I doubt CSKA will let him go easily.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Germans lost. Dutch and English fans will be united in cheering. Lozano the goal,dont think he will be in PSV come end of August.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jun 17, 2018 10:48 pm

SPL schreef:Germans lost. Dutch and English fans will be united in cheering. Lozano the goal,dont think he will be in PSV come end of August.
PSV will get some good money for Lozano!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jun 21, 2018 9:07 pm

Looks like Tagliafico maybe coming home early. Argentina were thrashed 3-0 by Croatia

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jun 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Ayman schreef:Looks like Tagliafico maybe coming home early. Argentina were thrashed 3-0 by Croatia
They are really bad with no creativity at all in the MF. I feel bad for Messi as he really has no support at all. He should have stayed retired from the NT; this one was never going to end well. I'm not sure that they can beat Nigeria based on what I've seen of that team. I thought Tagliafico was one of the better players on the team tonight.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jul 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Christian Eriksen and Lasse Schöne both miss in the penalty shoot out and Denmark are now headed home. Feyenoord's Jorgensen missed the third Denmark PK. Dolberg did not play.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo jul 01, 2018 10:57 pm

I can't see why Croatia should win the WC. Nothing special tonight! Denmark with an inferior team almost went through. Hup Belgie Hup!!
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 02, 2018 12:27 am

souras84 schreef:I can't see why Croatia should win the WC. Nothing special tonight! Denmark with an inferior team almost went through. Hup Belgie Hup!!
I would like to see Belgium win as well. However, I thing the fix is in and Russia will squeak through as winners.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 02, 2018 10:46 am

Here in England they just talk about the quarter finals and Switzerland and Sweden will be easy.Seem to overlook Colombia who I predict will beat England.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 02, 2018 12:45 pm

SPL schreef:Here in England they just talk about the quarter finals and Switzerland and Sweden will be easy.Seem to overlook Colombia who I predict will beat England.
Given how this tournament is going, I'm not sure England can beat Sweden or Switzerland. Agree about Colombia but that may be dependent on whether James can play for Colombia.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 02, 2018 1:14 pm

My son ,who has watched all the games also said Sweden and Switzerland will be hard for England.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma jul 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Don't forget that Sweden was in the same group as Holland and left them out of the World Cup. Then they went against Italy and kicked them out of the tournament also. Finally they were in the same WC group as the holders Germany and we all know what happened there! So Sweden are a tough nut to crack
May the Force be with you

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di jul 03, 2018 11:39 am

On another note, has anyone been keeping track of how many Ajax and ex-Ajax players there are among the teams in the tournament? It seems to me that they easily outnumber any of the other club teams.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 03, 2018 12:06 pm

rjf1 schreef:On another note, has anyone been keeping track of how many Ajax and ex-Ajax players there are among the teams in the tournament? It seems to me that they easily outnumber any of the other club teams.
Ajax Showtime has been running a list but I don't think the number is greater than Real Madrid's present and past players (other than Benzema, I think all the other starters are in this WC). One thing I found out that surprised me was Felipe Luis of Brazil was at Ajax as an 18 year old. He was with the club only one season and did not see any first team action.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di jul 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Orange14 schreef:
rjf1 schreef:On another note, has anyone been keeping track of how many Ajax and ex-Ajax players there are among the teams in the tournament? It seems to me that they easily outnumber any of the other club teams.
Ajax Showtime has been running a list but I don't think the number is greater than Real Madrid's present and past players (other than Benzema, I think all the other starters are in this WC).
The amount of former Eredivisie players is incredible big.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 03, 2018 7:01 pm

Sanchez Suarez Vertonghen Vermaelen Alderweireld,Luis still there.

I am about to watch England but I don't get a buzz out of watching any football that does not involve Ajax ,and that includes even watching our U17's.

I am off to Jersey Channel Islands on Friday for 5 days but if England are in the quarters my only footy thought this weekend will be of what happened last year on 8th in Austria. Never mind the WC this weekend will be sad for all Ajax fans as they think of what might have been.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 04, 2018 10:56 am

All England are celebrating ,we won a penalty shoot out. Sweden will be tough so the press are not going overboard
but quarter finals and a penalty shoot out makes this a successful WC for us.

Dreadful game and Colombia were frankly a disgrace to football and a decent ref would have sent at least 2 of them off.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 04, 2018 1:05 pm

SPL schreef: Dreadful game and Colombia were frankly a disgrace to football and a decent ref would have sent at least 2 of them off.
The match official, Mark Geiger, is an American and there has been a lively discussion of is performance over on the Big Soccer website. I thought he did an OK but not great job. The head butt was one missed call as was the Ashley Young studs up hit on the Colombian MF. In the second case, England were mysteriously awarded a free kick. this was always going to be a difficult game to call and I'm not sure even Bjorn Kuipers would have done better. Kuipers is being mentioned as the lead candidate for the final match which would be a first for a Dutch ref.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo jul 04, 2018 7:59 pm

Not a big fan of England’s approach. Their game plan seems to be to get corners and then con the VAR system for penalties. Don’t think they are technical enough to beat a good side, but they may not meet one until the final.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Just saw the first half between France and Belgium and I genuinely think that Martinez has setup the team incorrectly. The midfield 3 (Witsel, Fellaini & Dembele) have 0 creativity and their play is being forced down the wing.

Hazard 's positioning is too deep for him to really run at Pavard. By the time he's into his run, the French are double/triple teaming him and he can't cut the ball in in MF.

I would bring on Mertens for Dembele into the LWB/LW, Witsel and Fellaini into DM and Hazard into an AM role.

Plaats reactie