Steven Pienaar

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Steven Pienaar

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 03, 2005 1:56 pm

I will not start new threads for every Ajax player right now (they will pop up whenever there's anything to discuss about that particular player), but we need a Steven Pienaar thread right now.

On Sunday Amsterdam's local news network, AT5, reported that Pienaar had been arrested by the police. He was reported by his girlfriend, who accused him of domestic violence. She claimed that he had molested her when they had a fight.

Four days later it seems like the true story is slightly different: Pienaar reportedly broke up with his girlfriend after the Den Haag game after which she pretty much attacked him. This was made public by Pienaar's lawyer, Mrs Benedicte Ficq. Pienaar's ex-girlfriend does not have a scratch and Pienaar now considers to start a lawsuit against her for false accusations...
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 12, 2005 2:21 pm

Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » za feb 12, 2005 2:45 pm

As always there must be three sides to the story:

His, hers and the truth.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 12, 2005 3:42 pm

Yeah.

It sounds like an ordinary fight that got a bit out of hand: screaming, hysteria, scratching, holding wrists, pushing, etcetera. Sounds like pressing charges (from either side) would be a bit over the top. This was just a slightly out of hand fight, where no-one got seriously molested. Even if Pienaar would be guilty of pushing her to the floor - and she would be guilty of scratching his face, the police would probably do nothing else than telling these two: behave yourselves and leave each other alone. Dismissed!

Doesn't sound like a legal matter at all, to be honest.

It's none of our business. Not serious enough to be of our business. Absolutely and totally irrelevant to the world of football.

K.
Still alive...

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » za feb 12, 2005 4:50 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:It sounds like an ordinary fight that got a bit out of hand: (snip) the police would probably do nothing else than telling these two: behave yourselves and leave each other alone. Dismissed!
Unless they were in Los Angeles, in which case it would be the subject of several high-profile court cases and at least one TV mini-series...

Let's see... who would you cast as Pienaar? That's a poser...

Sorry, this is total nonsense. I'll shut up now. :redcard:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 18, 2005 8:48 am

Pienaar's been to the hospital for a scan. It appears that he's overstretched a medial ligament. 'Just' overstretched, not torn. Which is good news. He will be out for two to four weeks, according to a report on the Planet.nl news portal.

Could have been worse. I wasn't paying attention when it happened, but both of my mates said: ouch, that looks really bad.

Anyway: Koeman will once again have to be creative in midfield on Sunday. We're still missing Galásek and Sneijder also. Lindgren in the starting team on Sunday (Heitinga - Lindgren - VDV)? Probably.

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr feb 18, 2005 8:51 am

You gave up hope (?) that Koe is going to play de Ridder?
I think I lost my fucking headache

Ik ben ik

Bericht door Ik ben ik » ma feb 28, 2005 12:45 pm

From Ajax Network:

According to the newspaper 'Algemeen Dagblad', PSV is interested in Simon Cziommer (Twente), Mika Vayrynen (Heerenveen) and our Steven Pienaar. PSV is looking for midfielders, as Mark van Bommel and Johan Vogel are supposed to leave next summer.
Kan het aantal characters van een signature niet opgehoogd worden van 125 naar 175 ofzo?

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di mar 01, 2005 3:04 pm

Ik ben ik schreef:From Ajax Network:

According to the newspaper 'Algemeen Dagblad', PSV is interested in Simon Cziommer (Twente), Mika Vayrynen (Heerenveen) and our Steven Pienaar. PSV is looking for midfielders, as Mark van Bommel and Johan Vogel are supposed to leave next summer.
From Sky Sports.com:

Here is the link:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... tball_Home

Ik ben ik

Bericht door Ik ben ik » di mar 01, 2005 6:04 pm

:offtopic:

Maybe it's an idea to put the links in BBcode:

Code: Selecteer alles

[url=http://www.website.com]text[/url]
Then you'll get something like this.
The link you posted is a bit out of size, so this page gets scrollbars. If you put it in BBcode, the layout won't change.
Kan het aantal characters van een signature niet opgehoogd worden van 125 naar 175 ofzo?

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo mar 02, 2005 7:53 am

Ik ben ik schreef::offtopic:

Maybe it's an idea to put the links in BBcode:

Code: Selecteer alles

[url=http://www.website.com]text[/url]
Then you'll get something like this.
The link you posted is a bit out of size, so this page gets scrollbars. If you put it in BBcode, the layout won't change.
Ah cool, I was trying to work out how to do that the other day...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Pienaar interview on Ajax USA!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 04, 2005 8:04 am

Attention everyone!

As usual, we did an interview with an Ajax player during our annual Ajax USA trip to Amsterdam (thanks to the Ajax press department for that). In the past we talked to folks such as Co Adriaanse, Jari Litmanen, Kees Zwmborn, Julien Escudé and Ronald Koeman. This year Jim sat down with Steven Pienaar for a quick chat.

The interview is now up on Ajax USA:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/interviews/stev ... -2005.html

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Contract extension

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 11:49 am

According to the hosts of FC Godenzonen on AT5 television Ajax have not offered Steven Pienaar a contract extension yet. Which is odd, as his deal will expire in 2006. The player himself has repeatedly said that he wants to stay at Ajax and would love to sign a new contract. His agent confirmed this and added that he had advised Pienaar to stay. Danny Blind is also a big Pienaar fan and would love to keep him.

So, Ajax, what's this all about then...?

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 12, 2005 6:39 pm

I believe we have 8/9 players whose contracts are up in 2006 and I assume Blind and Ajax will be reviewing these at present.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Contract extension??

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 19, 2005 10:06 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:According to the hosts of FC Godenzonen on AT5 television Ajax have not offered Steven Pienaar a contract extension yet.
Still no contract offer for Stevie, according to AT5...

What the f#ck's going on? This guy's great, he's picking up form and we're going to need Pienaar and Sneijder if VDV goes.

Come on, Ajax. Give this guy the contract renewal he deserves!! And do it NOW (before he starts taking the current situation as an insult).

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di apr 19, 2005 10:14 pm

the strange thing is that the guy everybody knows wants to leave, Trabelsi, did receive an offer for a contract extension. Strange things indeed
I think I lost my fucking headache

carcajou

Re: Contract extension??

Bericht door carcajou » di apr 19, 2005 11:40 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:According to the hosts of FC Godenzonen on AT5 television Ajax have not offered Steven Pienaar a contract extension yet.
Still no contract offer for Stevie, according to AT5...

What the f#ck's going on? This guy's great, he's picking up form and we're going to need Pienaar and Sneijder if VDV goes.

Come on, Ajax. Give this guy the contract renewal he deserves!! And do it NOW (before he starts taking the current situation as an insult).

K.
The same goes for De Ridder... Field him and give him a contract extention, for Christ's sake !!
meh :|

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo apr 20, 2005 2:43 am

I continue to be of the opinion that Trabelsi may use a contract offer from Ajax as a way to set a benchmark for his services,but that he's good as gone. I think DeRidder is caught in a numbers game and may well go.I agree that Ajax shouldn't fiddle about re: a new deal for Steven Pienaar.He is too good to lose.If the brass hats are using injury as any kind of indication of player value, they best apply it to the whole club( as in who hasn't been nicked?) while they're at it.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » wo apr 20, 2005 10:34 am

Great to see Steve picking up some form again,I still remember him giving Patrick Viera the runaround at Highbury a couple of seasons ago,it would be great if he could get back to that level.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » do apr 21, 2005 6:58 pm

I am very happy to see him gaining his form again. I hope that Pienaar is offered a contract proceeds to do well at Ajax. However, if he will have to go through the same bs that he went through under Koeman, I hope he leaves and becomes the superstar he should be.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr apr 22, 2005 7:51 am

how could he miss that goal ? terrible

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jul 10, 2005 12:44 am

Good news! Ajax will resume their talks with Steven Pienaar about a contract extension.

There were talks this summer, but no agreement was reached: Ajax refused to offer Pienaar a similar salary as the better earners of the squad and Pienaar more or less took that as an insult. After a while Ajax decided to stop talking and keep Pienaar for another season. His deal expires in 2006, so that would mean he can leave on a 'Bosman' after this season.

According to Martin van Geel, however, Pienaar and Ajax will continue talking sometime soon.

That's good news and I still firmly believe that Pienaar wants to stay. Just give him a salary similar to that of Johnny Heitinga (why not???) and he will sign a new deal.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jul 10, 2005 1:34 am

Pay him is right.At least he tends to have a positive impact when he plays.Galasek,Lindgren,Maduro and Lindenbergh are hardly offensive dynamos.Re-sign Pienaar to provide offensive spark and versatility.One o-mid,Sneijder, is simply not enough.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 09, 2005 7:41 am

Newspaper Algemeen Dagblad reports about De Ridder, Obodai, De Mul and Lindgren today, just like De Telegraaf (see the Players Leaving thread), but they also report that Ajax and Steven Pienaar are almost there: they've more or less reached an agreement about the extension of Pienaar's contract and it is expected that the South-African will sign a renewal for one or two years. He has asked Martin van Geel some time to think - and Van Geel has granted him that. Both parties have said that there is now a 'positive feeling' about the talks.

Nigel de Jong, meanwhile, has told the club that he wants to talk about a possible contract renewal in November.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 09, 2005 10:21 am

Whats in November?

Well good news about Pienaar and de jong for that matter, pity for de ridder.
Get a Cock

Gesloten