Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: Former Ajax Players

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef:Some of you remember the Frank and Ronald de Boer saga, almost 20 years ago, just after the world cup, where they announced they wanted to leave! This was, of course after they had signed a contract with Ajax until the year 2004!!!! Here's the link, pretty interesting analysis, especially Frank de Boers epiphany https://www.theguardian.com/football/19 ... story.ajax
Great post
Guys think about this. 20 years ago we couldn't keep key players at 28. Fast forward to today we struggle to keep key players at the tender age of 18!!! God help us!!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 24, 2018 11:27 am

Only 3 really big rich clubs outside of England ie Real ,Barca and Bayern. All others are selling clubs. PSG just a rich mans toy in a smaller league . EPL has become too rich at the top 6.The other 14 are financially in a different league although they all get 100m per season from TV.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jun 03, 2018 11:23 pm

Viktor Fischer: "I thought I was better than Ajax. The problem now is that the young players perform well at Ajax but instantly think they're Madrid/Barca worthy, which brings hostility and negativity in camp. It doesn't work like that"

zeux

Bericht door zeux » zo jun 03, 2018 11:40 pm

Ayman schreef:Viktor Fischer: "I thought I was better than Ajax. The problem now is that the young players perform well at Ajax but instantly think they're Madrid/Barca worthy, which brings hostility and negativity in camp. It doesn't work like that"
They should print this - in a large font - and hang it in the locker room. In a golden frame. And neon arrows pointing to it.
Spot on qoute.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 04, 2018 12:00 am

zeux schreef:
Ayman schreef:Viktor Fischer: "I thought I was better than Ajax. The problem now is that the young players perform well at Ajax but instantly think they're Madrid/Barca worthy, which brings hostility and negativity in camp. It doesn't work like that"
They should print this - in a large font - and hang it in the locker room. In a golden frame. And neon arrows pointing to it.
Spot on qoute.
I tweeted Justin Kluivert about it !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 27, 2018 11:37 am

Davy Klaassen joins Werder Bremen for 14m euros. I wish him all the best and he will do well in Germany.Everton just the wrong club at the wrong time.

He is now 25 but before he is 30 I predict he will be back at Ajax. About a year or so a go his Dad said he would happily play for Ajax all his career but probably will try abroad at 24 or 25 but return before he is 30.

This will be just like Daley.Donny is a similar type think he too will leave for 4 or 5 years and return.These 3 are real Ajax kids ie they try the big outside world but we all know their hearts are in Ajax.

I will say these 3 are good players but not world toppers.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 04, 2018 8:03 pm

Timothy Fosu-Mensah joins Hertha Berlin on a season's loan ,Dilrosun has already left Man City and gone to Berlin.

I guess Hertha is possibly a step up from Crystal Palace but had he stayed and played regularly for us he would be looking at bigger clubs to join by now.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Hedweges Maduro has retired age 33 ,finished in Cyprus. Has said recently he will start training and Ajax is where he wants to be.

Last post above was a bit premature as Fosu-Mensah has not yet left Manu.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 10, 2018 8:47 pm

Fosu-Mensah joined Fulham on a season's loan.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 26, 2018 11:29 am

It's now reported that Richedly Bazoer can leave Wolfsburg as he is not going to get much playing time. I remember the time when he was being valued as a potential player for Barcelona and I used to make fun of him in my player ratings. It's sad that these players don't receive an honest appraisal of their abilities (or maybe they do and do not choose to believe them). Bazoer had some good matches with Ajax but his lack of handling skills was always holding him back from moving to a higher level. I wish him well wherever he ends up.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Anwar El Ghazi has joined Aston Villa in the championship.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo aug 26, 2018 4:00 pm

And provided an assist on his maiden appearance!
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 31, 2018 1:29 pm

Vurnon Anita has signed with Willem II and will be joining Aras Ozbilitz in Tilburg.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Bazoer to Porto

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Bazoer now on loan at Utrecht and sounds like Fosu-Mensah is leaving Fulham where he has been on loan but not doing much .Aston Villa his next destination according to the press.

Meanwhile in the cup last night Liverpool played with a very young side and coming on after 6mins was ex Ajax U17 player Kai Hoever.He turned down a contract with us last summer as he wanted to earn big money in England and after talking to both Manchester clubs and Chelski joined Liverpool . He only played for our U17 the 2nd half of last season as a right back but last night played Cd and impressed.

Good luck to him but I am wondering would he be playing in our U19 this season ? Dest looks a good RB and both Jurrien Timber and v Gelderen have played at Cd and I dont believe Hoever would have got in above these 3!!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di jan 08, 2019 10:28 pm

SPL schreef: Good luck to him but I am wondering would he be playing in our U19 this season ? Dest looks a good RB and both Jurrien Timber and v Gelderen have played at Cd and I dont believe Hoever would have got in above these 3!!
Hoever will from now on probably play in Liverpool Under 23.
But indeed, he was not rated as one of the most talented guys in the Ajax academy.

But heeey, Liverpool has got to do something as they do not have anything like a real youth academy but still need some 'home grown players'...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 30, 2019 2:20 pm

Amin Younes can't get into a match at Napoli and is off on loan to Celta Vigo.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 10, 2019 6:44 pm

Wöber in the starting lineup for Sevilla again today!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm

Orange14 schreef:Wöber in the starting lineup for Sevilla again today!
Wöber is bound to play almost every match.
The people over there told him they plan to play with 3 central defenders and he's the only left footed defender available.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Bergkamp is back in football as assistant coach of Jong Almere City.They play in Div 2 ie the 3rd level of Dutch football.Good luck to him a nice easy no pressure job.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 24, 2019 1:24 pm

Ruud Krol one of our greats is 70 today .A brilliant defender from that incredible team of the early 70's .He is still coaching a club in Tunisia.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Wesley Snjeider and Gregory van der Wiel both announced their retirements from football today. Both have been without clubs since the end of last season.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Max Wöber's time in Spain was brief. He moved back to Austria with Red Bull Salzburg

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jan 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Mink Peeters an ex-Ajax youth player is now moving to Jong Volendam for 1.5 years. He went from Ajax to Real Madrid and didn't really do much of anything there. Was playing in the Netherlands (VVV & Almere City) for the last few years on loan from Madrid.

Jonk is doing some great work at Volendam so lets see what happens here.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Peeters didn't play much at Almere and has been in Serbia since last summer.Volendam are 4th ,only 5 points off the top.He will play Jong Volendam who are in div 2 ie 3rd level of league.So hope he makes it to their 1st team.

Plaats reactie