Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

souras84

Re: Former Ajax Players

Bericht door souras84 » wo feb 15, 2023 10:03 pm

I still think he's a decent defender. But not suitable for the Ajax game. Having to defend with 60 meters behind you, means running and being agile. His stature doesn't help him. In Torino I think he plays in a 3man defense, a more static type, which is better for him. The same goes for Botman. He's definitely a very good player, but could be really exposed in an Ajax/City/Arsenal type of game. Still, do we have a resale percentage?
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 16, 2023 2:46 pm

SPL schreef:
wo feb 15, 2023 9:43 pm
I see Torino want 50m for Schuurs and Manu and Liverpool fancy him. Ideally we wanted a left footed defender to replace Martinez but under Heitinga Alvarez has played CD and he is right footed. Thus Schuurs could easily have played with Timber
I think Alvarez plays on the right side when he is paired with Timber. Schuurs came on several times last year and played on the left side replacing Martinez. In retrospect, letting Schuurs go was a wrong decision.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jun 29, 2023 10:51 pm

Viktor Fischer has retired at age 29. He was immensely talented but suffered a serious hamstring injury in 2014 that forced him to miss almost an entire season. He never had the explosiveness after that and moved on from Ajax to several other clubs.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jun 30, 2023 8:14 pm

Sad to see Fischer retire. He had immense potential, but like Orange14 said, he was never the same player after he came back from that injury.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma dec 11, 2023 1:53 pm

Wow is Daley Blind having a very fine season with Girona. The central defender is starting every match and his team is atop La Liga having defeated Barca yesterday, 4-2.

Plaats reactie