New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 03, 2005 2:03 pm

So, we landed Charisteas and the club announced that that will be it for this season. A new midfielder? Replacements for Trabelsi and Maxwell? They will follow in the summer.

Nevertheless, the New Players thread was always the longest one on SoccerPages. All your rumors and recommendations to the Ajax scouts belong right here.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do feb 03, 2005 3:50 pm

As for Maxwell I want to know one thing:

What do we have on that position coming from the youth? Anything to have within a years time?

Otherwise I would recommend looking into the local market and try to stick with JOB if possible. I know this is a dead boring suggestion but I just don't know any left fullbacks available for Ajax.

Anyways; new forum, Will probably take some time to get used to it but it's nice that we have something up and running at least.

Cheers boys, se you in A-dam I hope. (still looking into acommodation)

/ Per (in this forum with a capitol P!)
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do feb 03, 2005 3:52 pm

Per schreef:As for Maxwell I want to know one thing:

What do we have on that position coming from the youth? Anything to have within a years time?
Isn't our new Brazilian guy Felipe left back too, or am I wrong?
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Marillion
Site Admin

Bericht door Marillion » do feb 03, 2005 3:55 pm

Per schreef:As for Maxwell I want to know one thing:

Maybe Felipe. He is a U21 international for Brazil who is in Amsterdam until the end of the season. I haven't been able to see him play myself but according to the match and trainingreports he has the same style as Maxwell. If he makes a good impression to the technical staff he will sign a contract.

Eric

Bericht door Eric » do feb 03, 2005 3:56 pm

You are correct. However they decribe him as simular to Maxwell, which equals 'not good at defending' in my book.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » do feb 03, 2005 3:56 pm

You are correct, unfortunately his defending is possibly worse than Maxwells. Rumours are going around Ajax isn't very satisfied with Felipe so I guess we can write him off.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » do feb 03, 2005 5:13 pm

Of course we still have John O'Brien...there are rumours he played the whole 90 minutes with the youthteam without getting injured!!
I think I lost my fucking headache

beelzebub

Bericht door beelzebub » do feb 03, 2005 5:17 pm

Lucas schreef:Of course we still have John O'Brien...there are rumours he played the whole 90 minutes with the youthteam without getting injured!!
Take that for a fact: http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=4217/dbid=38 ... fpage=1821

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za feb 05, 2005 3:46 am

Having JoB back would be a huge boost to ajax. he will fill the gap nicely if Maxwell leaves in the summer (provided he can stay fit all season).

Does anyone know what the 'feel' is around ajax with JoB? ie: are they happy to give him another year, given his past injuries?

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » za feb 05, 2005 4:58 am

Last year they gave him a one-year contract, cutting his paycheck down to peanuts with extra cash thrown in for first-team appearances.

I guess that means no.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za feb 05, 2005 10:45 am

Ok, forgot about Filipe, I guess that sould be a good solution together with JOB (but I´ve learnt not to trust is recoveries by now).

JOB provides both class and routine and Filipe provides the youthful enthusiasm and hope for the future. As it should/could be on every spot in a really good team.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do feb 10, 2005 8:44 am

If Ajax need another striker, Swedish striker Markus Rosenberg, in whom Ajax has been interested before, could be a good choice. He was one of the better Swedes yesterday in his debut against France. This guy is going to be something big, I'm sure.

But now that we have an experienced and young talented striker it's probably not necessary with another talented one.

Feest

Bericht door Feest » do feb 10, 2005 4:55 pm

jakobg schreef:If Ajax need another striker, Swedish striker Markus Rosenberg, in whom Ajax has been interested before, could be a good choice. He was one of the better Swedes yesterday in his debut against France. This guy is going to be something big, I'm sure.

But now that we have an experienced and young talented striker it's probably not necessary with another talented one.
It wasn't his debut, as I saw him play alongside Johan Elmander vs Mexico te other day. He looked rather clusmy that day, by the way.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 10, 2005 5:10 pm

Steef schreef:He looked rather clusmy that day, by the way.
Good! Zlatan and Charisteas also look like spastic ostriches.

Let's sign him up!

:eusa_dance:

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » vr feb 11, 2005 4:17 pm

Steef schreef: It wasn't his debut, as I saw him play alongside Johan Elmander vs Mexico te other day. He looked rather clusmy that day, by the way.
Okay, but this was his real debut. The one against Mexico was with a team without the best players.

Anyway, I don't think he's clumsy at all. He's got kinda the 'Zlatan mentality' and I think the two will be great together in the future. Rosenberg will be the next big thing from Sweden, if you ask me.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 26, 2005 3:20 pm

As a 'service' to all the clubs who want to go shopping at AZ, their president, Dirk Scheringa, issued their price list in an interview with newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

Here you go:

Denny Landzaat: 12 million euros.
Jan Kromkamp: 15 million euros.
Joris Mathijsen: 10 million euros.

Scheringa said that none of the Dutch 'Big Three' can currently afford to buy one of these players.

K.
Still alive...

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za feb 26, 2005 3:28 pm

Do we want any of them? To me they're just names, never seen 'em play...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 26, 2005 3:32 pm

Ajax have been linked with Landzaat on several occasions in the past few seasons. We could use a midfielder like him: from the Ajax school, a 'leader', but also physically strong and defensively solid. He's got the 'body' that some of our midfielders lack.

As for Kromkamp (right fullback) and Mathijsen (central defender): Kromkamp is pretty much the most wanted Dutch defender at the moment and he would be the perfect guy to replace Trabelsi.

Mathijsen is a good defender, but not necessarily better than Escudé or Grygera, if you ask me. I would not really be interested in him, but Landzaat and Kromkamp? Yes! They have 'body', they're offensive but defensively strong, they're Dutch and they have some experience.

But if we want them both it's gonna cost us 27 million... So forget it.

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za feb 26, 2005 6:04 pm

Left-backs certainly aren't growing on trees. I can't think of any that are cheap enough for Ajax. Possibly Clive Clarke at Stoke City, but I don't think he'd be good enough for Ajax. The potential is there though.

As for a centreback, I would have suggested Michael Dawson, but Spurs have bought him.

Landzaat is seriously overrated. What about Rochemback at Sporting Lisbon? How much money would Sporting want for him?

SoCal Ajacied

Bericht door SoCal Ajacied » za feb 26, 2005 9:29 pm

yeah I agree that Kromkamp is pretty good, at least in the only time I watched him play, the England-Holland friendly. but the best defender on the field was Boulharouz IMO. anyone knows if we can get him ?

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » zo feb 27, 2005 6:11 pm

bryan schreef:Landzaat is seriously overrated. What about Rochemback at Sporting Lisbon? How much money would Sporting want for him?
Wow, Rochemback would be awesome. I expect Barca to keep him if he gets EU citizenship by next year (I don't see that happening). What a good player he has become while in Portugal, also what a shot! :worshippy:

I think a move to Holland may be a step back from him though, however, this is the type of purchase that could help the Dutch league. To prove that good players from bigger leagues are willing to move there.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo feb 27, 2005 8:37 pm

I doubt Ajax would spend 12million on Denny Landzaat, unless it's over 4.5 or 5 years.Plus, I'm wondering if Maduro isn't our new #6 anyway. Saw him play there @ Den Helder this summer . i've seen him play there for Jong Ajax in Beloften Competitie matches also. The young man is very good in any role he has been utilized in.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma feb 28, 2005 6:03 pm

Someone should go talk to this kid's parents.
Click on the kid's picture at the bottom of the page to see the 5 minute streaming video.

http://www.bercasio.com/football/jean_carlos.wmv.htm

:xyxthumbs:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SoCal Ajacied

Bericht door SoCal Ajacied » ma feb 28, 2005 11:20 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Someone should go talk to this kid's parents.
Click on the kid's picture at the bottom of the page to see the 5 minute streaming video.

http://www.bercasio.com/football/jean_carlos.wmv.htm

:xyxthumbs:
I read somewhere that Man Utd is already trying to sign him

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » di mar 01, 2005 8:31 pm

:pukey:
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Gesloten