Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma okt 08, 2007 10:22 am

Translated from Voetbal International:

'Van Basten wouldn't go to Ajax for 100 million'
08/10/2007 09:17

If Henk ten Cate leaves Ajax the Amsterdam club doesn't need to bother knocking on the door of the KNVB. The football federation does not envision the national coach Marco van Basten taking on dual resposibilities.

One of the scenarios for the replacement of Ten Cate is that Van Basten would, as of Januari 1st 2008, combine the functions of national coach and Ajax coach. The National team will only be playing friendlies from that date onwards until the Euro finals Austria and Switzerland.

'Absolutely out of the question', was the reaction of KNVB-director Henk Kesler in De Telegraaf. 'Not for a hunderd million euros. We will not stand for the national coach and his assistant John van 't Schip doing the two jobs at the same time. Oranje desrves to get their full and undivided attention on their way to the Euro finals.'

Ajax must probably look for a new coach, because Ten Cate is listed as the next trainer at Chelsea under manager Avram Grant. Ajax and Chelsea are meeting on Monday to discuss the compensation package.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 08, 2007 10:27 am

Manneken Pis schreef:
Ajax must probably look for a new coach, because Ten Cate is listed as the next trainer at Chelsea under manager Avram Grant. Ajax and Chelsea are meeting on Monday to discuss the compensation package.
how much do Chelsea ask Ajax to give them so they take HTC ? :drecul.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 08, 2007 11:02 am

I wouldn't even want Van Basten and/or Van 't Schip...

My 'wishlist' would be:

1. Louis van Gaal
2. Co Adriaanse
3. José Mourinho
4. Michael Laudrup

Martin Jol would not be on it. Van Basten/Van 't Schip (as a duo; not just one of them) would be somewhere lower on the list.

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma okt 08, 2007 11:39 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I wouldn't even want Van Basten and/or Van 't Schip...

My 'wishlist' would be:

1. Louis van Gaal
2. Co Adriaanse
3. José Mourinho
4. Michael Laudrup

Martin Jol would not be on it. Van Basten/Van 't Schip (as a duo; not just one of them) would be somewhere lower on the list.

K.
It appears Ko that we have to go down to number 4 on your list before we get to one that the men in grey suits are likely to consider. I still reckon Foppe de Haan for an interim period would be a good signing but with the KNVB's attitude over van Basten we can delete this thought.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma okt 08, 2007 12:13 pm

Someone somewhere believes that we CAN get Louis van Gaal, or that we should get Guus Hiddink. Would you all kindly share your thoughts about this?

Thanks

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 08, 2007 12:23 pm

If I remember correctly, one of the first wise moves of the Jaakke era was to part ways with van Gaal ...
Appie, stay strong !

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma okt 08, 2007 12:25 pm

Wim Jansen could do the job until the end of the season.

Top manager and friends with Cruijff I believe.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma okt 08, 2007 1:38 pm

seriously: none of you likes the old wise leo beenhakker? neither for an interim period?
O tempora o mores

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 08, 2007 1:50 pm

orange goblin schreef:seriously: none of you likes the old wise leo beenhakker? neither for an interim period?
As a temporarty solution he might in fact be an option...

I hadn't even thought of him yet.

He's an opportunistic old chap, so you should never build your future upon him, but as a 'crisis manager'... Could be an option. Good thinking.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma okt 08, 2007 2:12 pm

orange goblin schreef:seriously: none of you likes the old wise leo beenhakker? neither for an interim period?
I mentioned him before along with De Haan.

I like them both and I think they'll do well, although Ko's idea of Laudrup sounds nice as well.

BTW something to read: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ov ... HD=holland
Get a Cock

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma okt 08, 2007 3:26 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef: I mentioned him before along with De Haan.

I like them both and I think they'll do well, although Ko's idea of Laudrup sounds nice as well.

ops, it's true: I am sorry man :confused.gif:
O tempora o mores

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma okt 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Ajax "granted" Ten Cate permission to leave the club. Chelsea and Ajax reached an agreement. Official statement on Ajax.nl.

Only Ten Cate and chelski have to reach their agreement... but I don't think that will cause problems.. :smallgrin.gif:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 08, 2007 3:45 pm

After being approached by Chelsea, Henk ten Cate asked the Ajax management last week permission to start negotiations with the Premier-League side. After internal deliberations, Ajax granted permission.

Ten Cate kan bij Chelsea negen miljoen euro verdienen in drie jaar.

Imagine that : 9 M€ in 3 years ! I'd rather not know how much he earned with Ajax. :rules.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

K.J. Huntelaar

Bericht door K.J. Huntelaar » ma okt 08, 2007 4:08 pm

Great news, just please leave. And take the management with u.
Absolute Ajax and Olimpija Ljubljana Fan

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 08, 2007 4:10 pm

K.J. Huntelaar schreef:Great news, just please leave. And take the management with u.

the management ? which management ? there is no management except on the payroll
Appie, stay strong !

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma okt 08, 2007 4:50 pm

Good Riddance! Maybe now we can be a European club again next year?!

Oh, I forgot, the only way to do that is to spend some money but it is all in the bank! And to make matters worse, we are going to sell KJH to Juve, a club that cheated their way over us in 96 to win the Champions League, got Zlatan to hurt our captain so we could let him leave, cheated in a CL game with a crooked ref, and probably does not have the money to pay for what he is worth in the Tranfer Market (over 30 million Euros, IMO).

We need to send the "management" packing along with him to Chelsea. Roman could use some misers to re-coop some of his millions that Jose spent on mediocre and underachieving players!

Nice of the KNVB to not allow us to have van Basten back, especially after we were nice enough to give them OUR coach in the first place. I don't know if he is the man to help us out of this mess, or any of them for that matter. I never though that van Gaal or Co were bad. I would like Frank Rijkaard I think but almost no chance of that happening.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma okt 08, 2007 4:54 pm

Just about anyone that can decide how they want to play, what type of players they need to execute that - and then stand up to the board on those two issues - would be fine with me.

Funny thing is that these three criteria probably leaves the list very short. Sure Mourinho fits them perfectly (remember: he didn't just buy superstars for his team but always types of players to fit his idea), but can we really get him realistically?

Anyways...I hope that this madness will come to an end soon. I'm sick and tired reading endless threads on how terrible the coach is. Let's just get one and hold on with him for a couple of years. We need some fucking continuity in tactics, rectruiting of talent, player investments and training!

ALWAYS :anew.gif:
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma okt 08, 2007 4:55 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I wouldn't even want Van Basten and/or Van 't Schip...

My 'wishlist' would be:

1. Louis van Gaal
2. Co Adriaanse
3. José Mourinho
4. Michael Laudrup

K.
That's a pretty good list. We even have millions to spend (maybe) which just could attract Jose! He said he wanted to learn one more language, how about dutch?! What about Capello? Maybe he could use his "outbursts of rage" to yell at the management?!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 08, 2007 4:58 pm

Expect Young Ajax's Adrie Koster to take over for the time being, at least 'til January and perhaps for the rest of the season.

K.
Still alive...

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma okt 08, 2007 5:00 pm

Per schreef:Let's just get one and hold on with him for a couple of years. We need some fucking continuity in tactics, rectruiting of talent, player investments and training!

I agree, but we have to get a good one! We have to think long term. We have to expand and fix our scouting network. We need to start looking at South America and Africa for some diamonds in the rough. We have to rebuild our youth system.

Onward and upwards! :ajaxscarf.gif:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma okt 08, 2007 5:03 pm

He's busy getting Poland qualified for Euro 2008.
Not sure why the Polish Football federation would take a different position from the Dutch one (RE Marco v B).

I like the old bugger though...would be happy to see him in the hot seat...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma okt 08, 2007 6:18 pm

Well (I actually haven't said a thing till last season) I believe we don't need only a good tactician but also

1. Change of mentality, meaning I don't want to see again a match in which our players and especially defenders play worse than amatures or better like their being payed to underperform. They lack the spirit. And that's a problem cause you are playing in Ajax and for most of them it's their beloved team and you MUST have the winner mentallity.

2. Stop selling players so fast and not replacing them, maybe because you wait for the academy kids to advance. We have money but cant attract big or good names easily. You will say that isnt the Ajax way but its the 2000s football way. At least lets do what psv did the last 4 years with a nice team all around. If the team starts performing good in Europe maybe our best players wont leave after 2-3 seasons with us. Maybe they'll stay till 24-25

3. If you want to play 4-4-3 because you invented it and the national team plays the same, do it. But you MUST HAVE PLAYERS of the past decade calibre or at least Heitinga type not Hunter at most of the positions. Nowdays football is won with a mixture type of 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 systems

Wow that's a lot but it was time I spoke.
May the Force be with you

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma okt 08, 2007 10:45 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:
Per schreef:Let's just get one and hold on with him for a couple of years. We need some fucking continuity in tactics, rectruiting of talent, player investments and training!

I agree, but we have to get a good one! We have to think long term. We have to expand and fix our scouting network. We need to start looking at South America and Africa for some diamonds in the rough. We have to rebuild our youth system.

Onward and upwards! :ajaxscarf.gif:
Yeah, well, I thought I was implying it but reading again I can see that might have come off like: "get anyone".

I would also prefer a good one. :welcome:

I think Adriaanse would be great thinking about it.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di okt 09, 2007 10:20 am

Does Ajax get some sort of compensation from Chelsea? If so about how much?
Get a Cock

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di okt 09, 2007 10:32 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Does Ajax get some sort of compensation from Chelsea? If so about how much?
About 1 milion Euro's......

Plaats reactie