Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » do feb 24, 2005 9:34 pm

After last nights result I may be able to fit in Tuesday and Wednesday. Tempted yet?

Co Adriaanse is God

Bericht door Co Adriaanse is God » vr feb 25, 2005 12:05 am

Not just the real Sir Alex, but you, the poster who typed this, no, a bowl of cereal could be a better coach for Ajax than Koeman, seriously. He's so insistent that a coach's role is exaggerated (when it's going badly for him, though he will talk about his achievements as being HIS achievements - when it's going bad it's the players, or the fans - yes, he blamed the fans openly in the press after the Den Bosch game), well then maybe Ajax shouldn't have a coach at all. It would have the same effect of no organization at all of where and how players should move and pass and no leading figure leading the players...
"The manager's job is to bring together the differing wills of each individual into one collective will." - Co Adriaanse

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr feb 25, 2005 1:35 am

Fuck Ferguson, he'll probably sign Roy Carroll.

manila

Bericht door manila » vr feb 25, 2005 8:16 am

Hi Menno and everyone.

It's been months since I last posted coz I was busy but yesterday I was unlucky enough to watch the game against Auxerre and I felt I had to come here and say KOEMAN ERA HAS ENDED.

I used to defend him in the past but now he is undefendable. With these players he is expected to do much better. Simple as that.

Now, the question is, who shall be his successor ? And I have no idea. What I don't want to see is Ajax begin a coach changing pattern which goes on for ever as in the case of Morten Olsen, Wouters, etc...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 10:40 am

I don't think the board will sack him today, for practical reasons: they're travelling back today and then they'll have precisely one day to prepare for Roda. There's no time for it now, quite simply.

But I demand that 'The Press Conference' will be announced on Monday! Even if we win (which we won't)!

EDIT:
AT5 Text reports that Arie van Eijden does "not want to talk about Koeman's position" right now. He wants to think about the situation today. Chairman John Jaakke admitted that a Koeman dismissal is no longer out of the question.

K.
Still alive...

Daily Blind

Bericht door Daily Blind » vr feb 25, 2005 1:06 pm

And he is gone :cheer:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

BREAKING NEWS

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 1:07 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, the moment has arrived!

NOS Teletekst reports that Koeman 'will leave' Ajax, according to 'well-informed sources within the club'. Unconfirmed as yet (they're running it as an anonymous quote), but it is a fact that the trade in Ajax stock has been temporarily interrupted (which means: 'breaking news').

Today's the day!

K.
Still alive...

ghost dog

Bericht door ghost dog » vr feb 25, 2005 1:10 pm

What a good news, Champagne :D

Eric

Bericht door Eric » vr feb 25, 2005 1:20 pm

Well, trade in Ajax stock has been postponed before, without resulting in earth moving news. For the same they will come with a press conference stating the boards continuing confidence in Koeman and a prolongation of his contract to 2010...
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » vr feb 25, 2005 1:22 pm

Yeah, this moment had to come. I got to watch my first Ajax game in a long time yesterday, and what a game... :nooo:

This team looks so much less dangerous than the same team did 1-2 years ago. They young players have matured and should now be better? Or is this not how it should be? Okay, Zlatan and Chivu are missing, but what the hell.

New Coach - New Era!
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 1:43 pm

NOS Teletekst slightly changed their headline...

It was:
"Koeman gone as Ajax coach"

It is now:
Koeman gone as Ajax coach

Without the quotation marks, which means that we can forget about the 'according to sources' bit. This is for real.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 1:50 pm

Report on AT5.nl:

Ronald Koeman resigned as head-coach of Ajax this morning. According to our reporter at the Amsterdam ArenA the players are currently being informed about the situation.

The 41 year-old coach was under heavy pressure in recent weeks due to the club's disappointing results. The press are not welcome at this point. Journalists and reporters are sent away from the parking deck in front of the Ajax offices, which is normally open to the press.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 25, 2005 1:51 pm

Eric

Bericht door Eric » vr feb 25, 2005 1:51 pm

Okay, step one in the recovery of the patient Ajax... but for the (near) future of the main Ajax squad it is essential the board comes with a suitable replacement, not patchwork.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 25, 2005 1:53 pm

Now that it appears official, does anyone care to speculate on possible replacements?

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr feb 25, 2005 1:58 pm

We have a few names in this topic:

http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic ... highlight=

You probably can't read dutch, but without any doubt you are able to vote!
I think I lost my fucking headache

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 25, 2005 2:00 pm

Lucas schreef:We have a few names in this topic:

http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic ... highlight=

You probably can't read dutch, but without any doubt you are able to vote!
Thanks for that. I actually can read (and speak) dutch, and I will certainly vote! :xyxthumbs:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Ajax.nl confirmation

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 2:00 pm

Here's the official confirmation:

http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=1322/contentid=39255

Champagne! :blub:

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr feb 25, 2005 2:04 pm

It is sad though that Koeman himself is the one that had to make the conclusion...if it was for van Eijden Koeman still would be our coach
I think I lost my fucking headache

Eric

Bericht door Eric » vr feb 25, 2005 2:04 pm

aveslacker schreef:Now that it appears official, does anyone care to speculate on possible replacements?
I think that the populair vote has two favorites, Co Adriaanse and Henk ten Cate. The first seems rather unlikely without Arie van Eijden resigning as well. The latter is a possibility, however this morning he stated he was not interested in the position since he is feeling right at place in Barcelona.
Other possibilities are Danny Blind (though he lacks experience as head coach and spine), Neeskens (sacked by NEC Nijmegen earlier this season, but not known for his attacking style of play) and a whole string of possibilities like former Ajax coach Morten Olsen (together with the oldest Laudrup as assistentcoach), Trond Sollied of Club Brugge, Robert Maaskant of WillemII to name a few.

At the moment it's anyone's guess...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 2:27 pm

News report is up!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2004-2005/ ... coach.html

That is: the basic, first version of a news report. I am extending it as you read! ;)

K.
Still alive...

cdnajaxfan

Johan gets my vote

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr feb 25, 2005 3:17 pm

I noticed Cryuff in the crowd art the "Football for Hope" game. Maybe since he suggested our replacement coach for the job of Oranje coach he could coach Ajax for us, it's the least he could do!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Re: Johan gets my vote

Bericht door Philippe » vr feb 25, 2005 3:44 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:I noticed Cryuff in the crowd art the "Football for Hope" game. Maybe he could coach Ajax for us, it's the least he could do!
and pigs have wings ...

I would rather have him as the new chairman

cdnajaxfan

Re: Johan gets my vote

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr feb 25, 2005 3:54 pm

philippe schreef:
cdnajaxfan schreef:I noticed Cryuff in the crowd art the "Football for Hope" game. Maybe he could coach Ajax for us, it's the least he could do!
and pigs have wings ...

I would rather have him as the new chairman
Yes, the chairman can hit the high road as well and he would be a good chairman too!

ajaxnumberone
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxnumberone » vr feb 25, 2005 5:13 pm

Yes, What are potential coaches? I think John is the best name because he understands how to lead Ajax to be on the right track :bis: .

Plaats reactie