Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 05, 2017 7:48 pm

The comments about Bosz leaving is an eye brow raiser, to say the least. Not too long ago, people were complaining about him for several reasons. His love affair with Traore, who was useless at the right flank. His insistence at playing Veltman at right back, when clearly Tete proved to be fair better in that position and of course his odd substitions from time to time. Granted he brought Ajax closer to the European Odyssey, but I wouldn't say I am going to miss him. I am just concerned on who will replace him. I don't want Stam, he is Frank de Boer 2.0, I sure as hell don't want Van Gaal back. Certainly not Schmidt, he is an outsider. I said it before, it's best to promote Marcel Keizer.

P.S. If Dollberg follows Bosz to Dortmund, will there be riots? :drecul.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Telegraaf journalist Valentijn Driessen believes internal problems and friction at Ajax are the reason for Peter Bosz’ likely departure.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Bosz and his assistent Hendrie Krüzen reportedly don't see eye to eye with Dennis Bergkamp and Hennie Spijkerman, who feel left out. #ajax

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » di jun 06, 2017 12:40 am

Ayman schreef:Bosz and his assistent Hendrie Krüzen reportedly don't see eye to eye with Dennis Bergkamp and Hennie Spijkerman, who feel left out. #ajax
Bosz doesn't see eye to eye with Bergkamp and the geniuses who make the decisions at Ajax decide to let the manager go....!!! :confused.gif:

Sandro

Bericht door Sandro » di jun 06, 2017 7:16 am

orange14 schreef:At least I won't have to see that gray scarf any longer; it was getting tiresome
:biggrin.gif: Looking from the bright side.
"Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top".

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » di jun 06, 2017 10:58 am

Agree with the most of you guys that this is kind of idiotic. After a understandable rough patch at the beginning Bosz did get the team playing decent enough football and now that the most difficult part is over and the ground work is complete, he's gone and we have to start over again.

But yes, Keizer would be a interesting choice, cause then we wouldn't have to start over. He knows the system and he knows the players and undisputedly he has done very well with the jong squad. Most of all, he knows who from the jong is ready to make that next step and who needs more time. I'm sure Nouri and co. would be less keen to think about playing opportunities elsewhere if their jong coach would be making the calls in the first team cause I'm sure Keizer would be more willing to give chances for our young stars.
"We're on a mission from God."

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jun 06, 2017 11:25 am

Slightly unrelated, but do the owners of the Ajax shares have voting rights? Maybe like a Rangers Fanclub has started to do, we start buying stock under the umbrella of an Ajax fanclub. The current market cap is about 180 million $. If all Ajax fans start putting in 10$ a month, we can pretty much buy this back in a few years.

Unless we do that, we will continue to lose good people just because they don't agree with Bergkamp and Spijkerman.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » di jun 06, 2017 11:46 am

At least Bosz leaves pretty early in the pre season. This should give the new coach at least some time to get things going. The thing is that we have very important games coming already in the end of july with the CL qualifications.

Fword have a certain place in the CL and have a good thing going with van Bronckhorst. Don't know can they hold on to their squad, but it seems they can go in to the new season with less turmoil than us. So, I'm worried. Do we have time to get the new coach to settle in in time cause don't think we have much room to spill points if we want to reclaim the league title.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jun 06, 2017 12:35 pm

King Litti schreef:At least Bosz leaves pretty early in the pre season. This should give the new coach at least some time to get things going. The thing is that we have very important games coming already in the end of july with the CL qualifications.

Fword have a certain place in the CL and have a good thing going with van Bronckhorst. Don't know can they hold on to their squad, but it seems they can go in to the new season with less turmoil than us. So, I'm worried. Do we have time to get the new coach to settle in in time cause don't think we have much room to spill points if we want to reclaim the league title.

By any chance are you on reddit? I saw the exact same comment posted there

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » di jun 06, 2017 12:44 pm

No, I'm not. Kind of creepy. Was it really exactly the same?! Maybe this is some kind of a copywrite infringement and I should be compensated :drecul.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jun 06, 2017 1:20 pm

In any event. Van der Sar: "I have mixed feelings about Bosz leaving, but we didn't want to deny him this opportunity."

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jun 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Amol schreef:Slightly unrelated, but do the owners of the Ajax shares have voting rights? Maybe like a Rangers Fanclub has started to do, we start buying stock under the umbrella of an Ajax fanclub. The current market cap is about 180 million $. If all Ajax fans start putting in 10$ a month, we can pretty much buy this back in a few years.

Unless we do that, we will continue to lose good people just because they don't agree with Bergkamp and Spijkerman.
I am not sure how the corporation is structure in terms of voting rights. The one example that is illustrative is the Green Bay Packers of American football. They are publicly owned but the shareholders don't have voting rights (it is also not traded on the exchange). The stock issuance was done to raise working capital for Ajax.

I'm not sure that Bergkamp wants to be a trainer. Obviously his fear of flying would be problematic in European competitions. Spijkerman is over 60 years of age and it's not clear how much longer he wants to be involved. I don't think we know everything that was going on.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jun 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Van der Sar: "Our new manager must have the same football vision as Bergkamp and Spijkerman. We're satisfied with our assistants."

Cronyism?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 06, 2017 6:55 pm

I just read that Bosz wanted a different role for Spijkerman and appoint his own assistant in place but Ajax said no they would decide if and when he goes and who replaces him.

So Bosz is out and some old assistant is still guaranteed a job.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jun 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Just researched Erik ten Hag, his record isn't much different from Peter Bosz's pre Ajax record, i.e. Heracles promoted under Bosz, while Go Ahead Eagles promoted under ten Hag. Or Vitesse finishing fifth under Bosz, while Utrecht finished 4th AND qualified for the Europa league under ten Hag. There are parallels.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jun 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Ajax could go really crazy and hire Marcelo Bielsa!!! :biggrin.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di jun 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Orange14 schreef:Ajax could go really crazy and hire Marcelo Bielsa!!! :biggrin.gif:
I always liked him. Wasn't he the Bilbao coach they year they reached the final in Europa League? The same year we went out against United.

And I think they played similar attacking football, until a destroyer like Mourinho, called Diego Simeone played a very defensive Atletico and won the final
May the Force be with you

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jun 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Jaap Stam has emerged as the strongest contender to fill the vacancy at Ajax. I hope Reading do everything they can to keep him. As I said before he is Frank de Boer 2.0, this will be a major set back. According to one poll, Ajax fans voted, Stam 39% Ten Hag 22% Seedorf 10%

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » wo jun 07, 2017 2:29 am

I'll say this once again Roger Schmidt should be our guy, if not him then Tuchel. I don't trust any of the other options!!

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » wo jun 07, 2017 12:42 pm

I suppose Schmidt has the strongest resume. Ok Seedorf was in Milan, but got fired after 4 months. I guess what could hold Keizers appointment is the fact that he hasn't managed an Eredivisie side and well, Ajax is the biggest of them all. It is a big jump but Keizer could be a good choice and probably a lot cheaper than Schmidt.

Don't know how fast would Schmidt settle in the Ajax way of playing. Also not sure does he have a vision for playing and developing young talent. At least he kept the young and talented finnish striker Pohjanpalo on the bench at Leverkusen though the team was struggling to score goals and Pohjanpalo was the one of the most efficient goal scorers in the league (scoring 6 goals in 11 games and needing only 30 minutes/goal). Though I guess it would have been a tough call to sub a team icon like Kießling or a big name like Chicharito. I hope our next manager is willing to make those tough calls and give chances to our youngsters and rest big names especially if they are not on the top of their game.

Tough decicion ahead. Shmidt or Keizer I think. Just not feeling Stam would be the right man even though he could help our defensive game.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo jun 07, 2017 12:51 pm

I would go for Keizer.

Disaster scenario's would be Aron Winter and/or Danny Blind. :blush.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jun 07, 2017 1:10 pm

It's been stated that the problems with Bosz and the Ajax management started six months ago. I find this interesting but somewhat difficult to believe (the press like to make little stories very big). There is a lot of "he said, (s)he said" in all these stories. It's like Kurosawa's great film, "Rashomon"; lots of different things with unusual perspectives depending on who you read (believe???). If there was so much discord over the last six months (this means it started right after the winter break) why did Ajax do so well? Why was Spijkerman still allowed to do the player briefings for the substitutes who were going into the matches? Why wasn't there a player revolt? Why is Bergkamp being elevated in all of this when he has only a marginal role within the organization compared to Keizer, Winter, and other youth trainers?

I think there probably was some dissatisfaction but the media are probably pumping this up. There were other jobs opening up in Germany (Leverkusen for one). Does anyone think Bosz would have jumped ship for that job?

For those who say that Keizer doesn't have enough experience, you only need to look to van Gaal and de Boer. Both were either youth trainers or assistants before taking over the Ajax senior job and have to be rated as two of the top trainers in history.

I don't know how this all plays out. Overmars seems to be settling into his job and has made some very good transfer decisions lately. What I don't know is what the other members of the advisory board make of all this. There is some urgency to making a quick decision as the CL qualifying round is 7 or so weeks away!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Its between Stam and Keizer .Just pray its not Stam ,dreadful football and he will just move on to the 1st big club who comes in for him.

Keizer has done little before this season but the football of Jong Ajax was simply beautiful to watch ,pure Ajax and Cruijff

Sandro

Bericht door Sandro » wo jun 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Piet Keizer is Marcel Keizer's uncle. I just found that out, so I thought it might be nice to share :ajaxsmiley.gif:
"Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top".

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jun 07, 2017 4:32 pm

If only Reading won promotion, that would have given us reassurance that Stam will rule out a return to Ajax. But it's 50/50. As for Ten Hag being ruled out, I thought that was a bit rash. What worries me if they appoint Stam with Keizer as his assistant.

Plaats reactie