Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Orange14 » za nov 12, 2022 11:01 pm

I fully agree the Schreuder has lost the team. The big question is whether they do a caretaker or try to bring someone in. I've been impressed with Pascal Janssen at AZ every time I see them play. I don't see any other managers in the Dutch league right now that can do the job.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma nov 14, 2022 12:05 am

I’m no fan of Schreuder. The slow, bowing football Ajax is playing reminds me of the awful Frank de Boer period except without the 1–0 victories.

But I’m not certain that replacing him will solve everything. I’m also not sure who they’d replace him with. My guess is they hope the unrest dies down a bit over the international break and the results improve next year.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 14, 2022 12:23 pm

Agree things wont be great straight away but thats because we have spent badly ,especially in defence which is the real problem. Wijndal Sanchez are no better than what is in our Young Ajax side ,Bassey cannot defend. Blind is too slow and Rensch still struggles .Timber only signed to 2025 as he expects to leave next summer.

The players seem to have given up on Schreuder and if he continues I fear things will get worse. Watching recent games has been aweful and this man goes down as possibly the worst coach this century and we have had some bad ones.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma nov 14, 2022 7:14 pm

Tom_ schreef:
ma nov 14, 2022 12:05 am
But I’m not certain that replacing him will solve everything. I’m also not sure who they’d replace him with. My guess is they hope the unrest dies down a bit over the international break and the results improve next year.
I think this is about right. The key issue is who they would get. Some people on other boards throw around names such as Tuchel and Ponchettino but those guys want big salaries and guaranteed contracts. Juventus are in a bind right now in that it would cost €70m to get rid of Allegri who most supporters thing should go. There are no real Dutch contenders for the Ajax job other than Pascal Janssen at AZ but I don't know if this is would be too high pressure a job at this stage. Ajax need someone like Jesse Marsch at Leeds United who has the team playing Ajax style of football with just as bad a defense as Ajax. :drecul.gif: His players love him and give 110% on the pitch. He was good at Salzburg but didn't work out at Leipzig. I do watch a lot of Leeds matches and he has them playing above their heads.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

FearNoArt

Bericht door FearNoArt » ma nov 14, 2022 8:53 pm

Maybe I´m the only one still believing in schreuder in here. There are moments of great football and I can definitely not see the de boer style of play. though the defence and pressing needs major improvement.
If he is to be sacked what about bring back the man who brought back the ajax way of playing in 2017.... Peter Bosz

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 14, 2022 10:10 pm

I read that as PSV dropped points yesterday the Board will keep Schreuder !!. With this useless man we will finish 4th as AZ will be a head of us at the end.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 16, 2022 9:33 pm

Johnny Heitinga extends contract to 2025 ,doing a good job with Young Ajax

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 16, 2022 11:55 pm

SPL schreef:
wo nov 16, 2022 9:33 pm
Johnny Heitinga extends contract to 2025 ,doing a good job with Young Ajax
I think so as well. He's been given the mandate to rotate the team as much as possible so that all the Jong Ajax players get approximately equal playing time. It's one reason that the results are often wild, beating very good teams and losing to minnows.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 17, 2022 12:35 pm

Evidently Ajax have decided not to fire Schreuder .Van der Sar and Hamstra and Huntelaar are in charge appointed this clown and have now decided this season is going to be a big downer. Reading the comments on Showtime today I feel the same ,we will finish 4th and with 100m already wasted in the summer Schreuder and the 2xH's will waste the other 100m.

If we do not qualify for CL next season our financial position will be in problems, Alvarez and Timber are the only 2 who will fetch over 30m.

Very depressed and although I will watch and follow Ajax for ever I am finished with this season . We are now headed back to the pre Cruyff revolution days.

Van der Sar you have made a hugh mess since the summer but the shareholders still want you as they voted you to continue only last week.I am not sure the fans still want you!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 27, 2023 2:35 pm

So 2 months too late after the disaster week v PSV Vitesse and Emmen the worst coach in Ajax history has finally been sacked. Last Friday the team said they had lost confidence in the coaching staff but the Board took no notice. Monday they just said a new assistant was needed.He should have been sacked last Friday.

Last night was a game where I dont think one player looked fit to be called an Ajax player,Volendam had one shot at goal one chance and scored.NEC was the same and both games the goals were from free kicks.

V d Sar ,Hamstra chose Schreuder and have over seen 100m being wasted on poor signings.Still think Bergwijn is good enough and Conceicao worth 5m .Brobbey is down to Overmars and we should never pay 15m for someone 6 months after walking out for free. As for the other signings they are not good enough ,

Last summer we needed to rebuild but we are now in almost meltdown state. Klaassen,Tadic,Steks ,Pasveer all need to go, Timber,Kudus and Alvarez will go in the summer.No one is left and with Europa League facing us thats about 70m in CL money we wont get.I have zero faith in the Board and V D Sar should go along with Hamstra asap.

No idea who will be new coach but they need to have the Ajax DNA and in no circumstances must any new players be signed in the the next 5 days.We cannot afford to let Hamstra waste any more money.

Apologies for the long ramble and moan but I am a 71 year old Englishman who loves Ajax with a passion. I am angry at the mess those in charge have made of my beautiful club and JC would be turning in his grave.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » vr jan 27, 2023 3:01 pm

Marcelo Bielsa? :)

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr jan 27, 2023 3:13 pm

Ajax DNA....

Blind, Van Basten en Wouters had 'Ajax DNA' and sucked.

Erik ten Hag was the absolute antithesis of the Ajax DNA and was outstanding.

It all comes down the character and coaching quality.

I have no clue who is suitable for Ajax. Slot from Feyenoord? Don't like him, but he is for sure doing a good job.

Personally I would like the coach from Atalanta Bergamo, Gasperini. But from Serie A to Eredivisie and from a succesfull Atalanta to a struggling Ajax....

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jan 27, 2023 5:23 pm

Van basten schreef:
vr jan 27, 2023 3:01 pm
Marcelo Bielsa? :)
He is one of my favorites of all time but I don't think it will be a good fit. He also hardly stays anywhere for more than 2 years and it takes that long to get his system in place. He never learned English when he was managing Leeds and I'm sure he won't learn Dutch.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jan 27, 2023 5:27 pm

Reports are that Heitinga will be the interim trainer. This makes sense as they should not rush into hiring someone full time given it is the middle of the season and they need to carefully look at candidates.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za jan 28, 2023 12:46 am

sounds like they are after zlatko dalic, the croatian national team coach, to take over after this season. I wonder what makes them think that he would want to come here…

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 28, 2023 2:06 pm

Hope Heitinga does well and I am sure more youngsters will get time. Regeer ,was due to go on loan to Emmen but with Heits now in charge he is staying put and likely to get some games at RB ahead of the hopeless signing Sanchez.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do feb 02, 2023 8:16 pm

Heitinga is coach for the rest of the season with experienced Dwight Lodeweges his assistant. He has joined from Heerenveen.

A good decision and hope Johnny gives some of our youngsters playing time .

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » vr feb 03, 2023 7:34 am

Where does Michael Reizeger fit in now?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 03, 2023 12:45 pm

Reizeger is still an assistant coach

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di feb 07, 2023 4:48 am

I'm back after a long hiatus from here. Watching Schreuder's Ajax had killed my spirit.

In Heitinga we trust (for now). The joy is back on everyone's faces. There are a lot of problems to be solved in the team, but a step at a time.

Other teams are so hopelessly bad, that we still stand a good chance of winning the Eredivisie this year.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di feb 07, 2023 8:53 am

Amol schreef:
di feb 07, 2023 4:48 am
I'm back after a long hiatus from here. Watching Schreuder's Ajax had killed my spirit.
That's exactly the same thing that happened with me - couldn't stand to watch what was happening. Hopefully we'll be playing a lot better style of football from now on.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 07, 2023 12:27 pm

Welcome back ,it really was dire under Schreuder.I have not enjoyed watching them but did so because they are the only football team I want to watch.I would rather watch our U17 or U18 games than watch an EPL game. We now have a coach with Ajax DNA in him and bringing on those 3 kids as subs was wonderful, our club is being returned to normal.

Yes I now believe we will be champs as the other 4 teams are all poor.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 07, 2023 1:37 pm

A very good article on BBC football page today on Ajax's current problems. Worth a read ,sorry no idea how to cut and paste it here.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di feb 07, 2023 1:59 pm

SPL schreef:
di feb 07, 2023 1:37 pm
A very good article on BBC football page today on Ajax's current problems. Worth a read ,sorry no idea how to cut and paste it here.
This should work: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64532692

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di feb 07, 2023 3:40 pm

SPL schreef:
di feb 07, 2023 12:27 pm
Welcome back ,it really was dire under Schreuder.I have not enjoyed watching them but did so because they are the only football team I want to watch.I would rather watch our U17 or U18 games than watch an EPL game. We now have a coach with Ajax DNA in him and bringing on those 3 kids as subs was wonderful, our club is being returned to normal.
Thanks! Don't get me wrong - I was still watching most if not all the games. But the losses against Napoli and Liverpool (to an extent) and then the feckless draws against Eredivisie minnows made me want to not talk about Ajax.
Yes I now believe we will be champs as the other 4 teams are all poor.
100% agreed :biggthumpup.gif:

Plaats reactie