Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 03, 2005 2:18 pm

There was a highly disturbing rumour in the Dutch press the other day, about Arie van Eijden wanting to make himself technical director...

My God, no...

Luckily it turned out to be bollocks, that is: if board member of technical affairs, Klaas Nuninga, is to believed.

Anyways: all about the 'suits' running the club can be posted here!
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door carcajou » do feb 03, 2005 2:21 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:There was a highly disturbing rumour in the Dutch press the other day, about Arie van Eijden wanting to make himself technical director...

My God, no...

Luckily it turned out to be bollocks, that is: if board member of technical affairs, Klaas Nuninga, is to believed.

Anyways: all about the 'suits' running the club can be posted here!
I suggest that we merge this thread with the "New Vak425 pathetic joke corner"...... ;)

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do feb 03, 2005 8:05 pm

DEAR GOD NO!!! I'm already on the pepto bismol bottle- a- day plan with this team. I can't take much more of John" Nero" Jaakk-ass and Arie van Idioten.Like Nero,the chairman plays the lyre while bad things happen.Really despicable.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr feb 04, 2005 2:06 pm

Don't really rate this Arie van Eijden guy at all especially after he didn't have the common decency to reply to a letter I sent him about the Willem II combi fiaso a couple of years ago. I mean if the Assistant Mayor of Tilburg can be arsed to reply, why couldn't he take a few seconds out of his posturing and penned a reply.
As for TD - what a laugh :D
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 26, 2005 3:27 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Don't really rate this Arie van Eijden guy at all
The 'angry young man' of Dutch footie journalism, Hugo Borst, lashed out at Arie van Eijden in his column in newspaper Algemeen Dagblad: "He should admit that he's guilty, apologize to the fans, show solidarity with Koeman and step down. But he doesn't have the balls for that."

Way to go, Hugo. I agree 100%.

It wasn't the most interesting thing, though. More interesting is Borst's claim that Arie van Eijden has a special deal with Ajax: he will receive a bonus of 300,000 euros if the club finishes the season with a positive (financial) result!

That would be a VERY dodgy deal, as it would effectively mean that it is in Van Eijden's personal interest to sell players. Did that deal already exist when we sold Zlatan to our toughest Champions League opponent...?

Please note that Hugo Borst is a rebel, who will sometimes kick a fuss about nothing, insult people and yell all kinds of nonsense. But if this is true, it would be a very dodgy deal indeed.

Whatever the truth is: I really hate Arie van Eijden and think that he should go.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Directors wanted!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 15, 2005 8:25 am

Okay - now that we have a new head-coach... We need not one, but two new directors, namely a technical director and a director of youth system.

A surprising candidate for the position of TD popped up in De Telegraaf today: Frank Rijkaard! Throughout the season there have been rumours that Rijkaard is unhappy in Barcelona, obviously not due to a lack of succes but due to the fact that Barcelona is a political snakepit. The Telegraaf article has Arie van Eijden saying that he's been in touch with Rijkaard and that he "did not say no", although he definitely wants to finish the season with Barça.

Arie van Eijden is quoted saying: "Not a 'police officer' as a technical director but more of a 'people's manager'. Rijkaard could do a fantastic job!"

This is really surprising...

As for the youth system man: I haven't heard a single name yet (which is no surprise, because the position has only been vacant for a day...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 15, 2005 9:58 am

Just read the Dutch-language thread about the new director of youth system, elsewhere on Ajax Talk...

Some irrelevant names were dropped in that one (Litmanen, for example), but also a few very interesting ones. The most realistic one, probably, is that of Simon Tahamata, former left winger of Ajax and a man with a lot of experience as a youth coach and as director of youth system at Germinal Beerschot Antwerp, back in the time when they were our 'satellite club'. Could be a serious option, actually...

Another interesting name: Wim Jonk, currently board member at Volendam, but also a former Ajacied who loves working with youth.

And - a personal thought of mine - how about one of the Mühren brothers (Gerrie or Arnold, probably the latter)? Just dropping a few names, but Tahamata surely sounds alright.

K.
Still alive...

ajaxnumberone
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxnumberone » wo mar 16, 2005 9:38 pm

Yeah, I 've read the news Ajax has its desire to get Rijkaard as the new TD. I think it's good contact at this time. Ajax needs to rebuild the system at once.
Rijkaard, i think he 've got experience gradually from Euro2000 and now he's in Nou Camp. Maybe we need someone who can motivate all players and understand them as their brother. We need a solid structure !!

Marijn

Bericht door Marijn » wo mar 16, 2005 11:16 pm

Van Eijden denied the rumour that there's been any contact between the club and Rijkaard at AT5, a local tv-channel. De Telegraaf had been making things up in order to make their analysis fit. So I guess you could forget about that option for a while.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."
-The Usual Suspects

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mar 17, 2005 9:03 am

This whole Rijkaard thing doesn't make much sense. Why would they pursue him for the TD role and not the coach role? Personally, I would much rather the club pursue him (if it is at all serious) as coach. But it is probably all hogwash anyway.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 17, 2005 9:18 am

aveslacker schreef:But it is probably all hogwash anyway.
Yeah - seems so.

I kind of believed the rumour that there had been contact, because De Telegraaf actually printed some quotes from Arie van Eijden. They had him confirming it.

But the next day he denied and said it was all nonsense. To be honest I do not know who's more unreliable: Van Eijden or De Telegraaf. I know for fact that both lie quite freqeuently.

Van Eijden also claims that Blind was always the number one choice and that Ajax never talked to Martin Jol. That's an example of a 100% lie by Arie van Eijden. The sports guys at the paper I work saw Jol talk to Ajax with their own eyes.

But De Telegraaf prints footie bollocks all the time (or very, very premature stuff, at the very least), so in this case I'm not sure as to whether there ever was contact with Rijkaard.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do mar 17, 2005 10:01 am

What are the rules for tampering, i.e. as in the Chelsea approach to Ashley Cole(still under contract at Arse), with a manager still seeing out his deal? Perhaps Pinocchio van Eijden :eusa_liar: is trying to cover his tracks.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Van Eijden

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 8:40 am

According to prominent Dutch football journalist Johan Derksen Ajax's Board of Members will have a meeting on Tuesday night for which general director Arie van Eijden has not been invited. One of the topics to be discussed is... Van Eijden and the question to which extent he's to be held responsible for the current unrest within the club.

Not sure if this is true, but it would be a nice one...

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Re: Van Eijden

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di mar 22, 2005 8:48 am

Kowalczyk schreef:According to prominent Dutch football journalist Johan Derksen Ajax's Board of Members will have a meeting on Tuesday night for which general director Arie van Eijden has not been invited. One of the topics to be discussed is... Van Eijden and the question to which extent he's to be held responsible for the current unrest within the club.

K.
RIGHT THIS IS THE CHANCE GUYS......ON YOUR KNEES NOW!

:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_liar: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 22, 2005 8:50 am

All right. But who is responsible for the club's policy if not the Chairman ?
Well, just asking you know. :hypocrite:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mar 25, 2005 3:12 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:According to prominent Dutch football journalist Johan Derksen Ajax's Board of Members will have a meeting on Tuesday night
K.
who paid for the drinks ? :bier:

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr mar 25, 2005 3:21 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:According to prominent Dutch football journalist Johan Derksen Ajax's Board of Members will have a meeting on Tuesday night for which general director Arie van Eijden has not been invited. One of the topics to be discussed is... Van Eijden and the question to which extent he's to be held responsible for the current unrest within the club.

K.
Any news from that meeting ?
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 25, 2005 3:36 pm

Nope... I think Van Eijden democratically and unanimously decided that he can stay...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Ton Pronk

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 29, 2005 11:17 am

Dutch football journalist Johan Derksen said yesterday (in football talkshow Voetbal Insite on RTL5) that Ajax's head of scouting, Ton Pronk, is about to retire. Pronk has reached the age of 65 and will step down, Derksen said.

Pronk (a former Ajax player himself) has been in charge of Ajax's scouting department for a long time, so this would be quite a change in the organisation... But since it's purely an age thing, Ajax probably saw it coming and I'm sure they have a successor lined up (Gerrie Mühren, perhaps?).

K.
Still alive...

Re: Ton Pronk

Bericht door 343 » di mar 29, 2005 11:32 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Ton Pronk, is about to retire. Pronk has reached the age of 65 and will step down, Derksen said.
Ton Pronk born on 21-05-1941. You do the math, Ko.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 29, 2005 1:16 pm

I see... I just quoted a brief report on Ajax Netwerk, so err... don't shoot the messenger... ;)

K.
Still alive...

Bericht door 343 » di mar 29, 2005 2:24 pm

Yeah, just like i did. But i did a little research like i always do, when Johan Derksen comes up with a poop...uh....scoop.

Can we assume that Pronk has to retire?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 29, 2005 2:30 pm

343 schreef:Yeah, just like i did. But i did a little research like i always do, when Johan Derksen comes up with a poop...uh....scoop.

Can we assume that Pronk has to retire?
Fact checking... Making assumptions... You could be one hell of a geat journalist. :eusa_dance:

Seriously though: I don't think Pronk has been forced to leave... He's been there forever and seems to have done pretty good work for the club most of the time. He's never been involved in any conflicts. As far as I know there's never been discussion about him.

Most employees in Holland call it quits somewhere between 60 and 65. I think Pronk's decided to call it a day. That's something journalists have to accept: there isn't always an exciting story behind everything...

But you can always check. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

Bericht door 343 » di mar 29, 2005 2:48 pm

According to Alexander (Yeah, i know. But lately his AJAX-news is reliable!!) there is an ongoing investigation (within AJAX!) into the ''questionable activities'' of Pronk his involvement in some AJAX-transfers.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Van Eijden on his way out...?

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 04, 2005 7:48 pm

Okay - this is VERY remarkable news. In tonight's FC Godenzonen show on AT5 television, host Barbara Barend claimed that Arie van Eijden has announced that he will step down a.s.a.p. as general director of Ajax.

Van Eijden position was recently an official point of discussion during the club General Meeting of the Membership. The Board of Members discussed Arie van Eijden's position, as well as the question to what extent he is to blame for the disappointing results, the contracting and the departure of Louis van Gaal, the departure of Ronald Koeman or, in other words, the crisis within the club.

The majority of the members felt that he could stay and is doing a good job. However, according to Barbara Barend he announced on that same night that he will step down as soon as the club has found a successor. At the moment there is no director of youth system and no technical director. That is the reason why Van Eijden announced his decision behind closed doors and will wait until a successor has been found.

This is what Barbara Barend said in FC Godenzonen. I am posting this here and not as a news report on Ajax USA or anything, for the simple reason that I think Barbara Barend is a blabbering little b*tch and not too much of a great journalist. She kind of likes speculation (although I guess she really couldn't say this if it weren't true...).

Arie van Eijden is currently under heavy pressure: last week a business website named Bestuursvoorzitter.nl reported that Arie van Eijden's salary has gone up from 388,000 euros in 2003 to 633,000 euros in 2004 (that's +63%):
http://www.bestuursvoorzitter.nl/beloni ... php?cid=29

This caused a major stir amongst the fans: how can his salary increase that much while Ajax's profit went down, Dutch economy as a whole is not exactly great and the team is having an absolute crap season? Ajax.nl even published an official press statement from the club, in order to explain that the large part of the pay-raise are pensioner's premiums or whatever. During the Heerenveen away game, however, the fans were constantly chanting stuff like "Arie profiteer" and "Arie, thief of Ajax".

If Barbara Barend is right, the publication of his salary was not a factor: Van Eijden reportedly announced his decision during the General Meeting - which was before his income was made public by Bestuursvoorzitter.nl.

If this is true it's breaking news. Barend's claim itself is pretty big news already, I would say...

To be continued for sure.

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie