Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Re: Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di apr 24, 2018 8:04 am

It's the malaise of Dutch football in general, the same old names and ex stars jumping from one gig to the next, while providing not one fresh idea or innovation. I fear Ajax/Dutch football still has far to fall before it hits the bottom and starts to bounce back....

This is a rather good summary:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... t-football
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za apr 28, 2018 7:07 am

Danny Blind was officially appointed as a member of the commissioners at Ajax last Monday. In a conversation with De Telegraaf, Blind said "Don't rule out the possibility of Van Gaal''

But Louis van Gaal is on his way to Everton!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jun 01, 2018 4:11 pm

Ajax have brought back on of our top scouts Urbain Haesaert back from Anderlecht. Great news I say.

Now we need to figure out how to keep our players for 3-4 seasons once they're in the 1st team.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do nov 22, 2018 11:58 am

The Swiss Ramble twitter feed had just tweeted an analysis of Ajax's financial performance. Worth a read if you're into those things, although no great surprises. Can find it here:

https://twitter.com/swissramble?lang=en
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do nov 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:The Swiss Ramble twitter feed had just tweeted an analysis of Ajax's financial performance. Worth a read if you're into those things, although no great surprises. Can find it here:

https://twitter.com/swissramble?lang=en
Thanks! I sent him an e-mail a while back suggesting that he do this analysis. Last one was back in 2010: http://swissramble.blogspot.com/search/label/Ajax
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo dec 16, 2018 12:39 am

Random question for the Dutchies on the board - does anyone know the contact information for the Ajax NYC office?

My son (5 years old) goes for soccer training at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan. I was talking to the main coach over there this morning, about Ajax opening an office in NYC and he's very keen on starting some kind of partnership with them.

The coach is Nigerian and still fondly remembers Kanu playing for us :smile-ajax.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Amol

Can I suggest you PM Thijs .He posts on the Dutch site and works for the club and is likely to get someone to contact you.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo dec 16, 2018 3:17 pm

SPL schreef:Amol

Can I suggest you PM Thijs .He posts on the Dutch site and works for the club and is likely to get someone to contact you.
Good idea. Let me pm him.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 16, 2018 3:32 pm

i have met him and he is sure to help. Glad the name of Ajax is being spread amongst the young of NY

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo dec 16, 2018 11:03 pm

My son wears his Ajax kit for training :ajaxsmiley.gif: . I pm'ed Thijs earlier and waiting for a response.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr dec 21, 2018 2:58 am

No luck with getting in touch with Thijs. Anyone have any ideas?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 21, 2018 1:15 pm

I would just remind him again .He may well get someone to contact you!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma mar 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Overmars contract has been extended by Ajax till the year 2024. Ending rumours that he will be on his way to arsenal

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma mar 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Ayman schreef:Overmars contract has been extended by Ajax till the year 2024. Ending rumours that he will be on his way to arsenal
Hmm when they extended Wesley Sneijder's contract they sold him to Real Madrid a week later.
Ajax did upgrade Arek Milik's contract and almost at the same moment of signing he was transfered to Napoli.
Monchi from Spain was candidate number 1 to become director at Arsenal, but he decided to return to Sevilla. So now Arsenal perhaps still wants Overmars?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 18, 2019 8:37 pm

British press decided he was going and wanted to leave.He says plenty of challenges still at Ajax, especially with youth and the first team.Good news.

In the next few months :

1.Lots of selling and buying for the 1st.

2. Clearout at Jong Ajax as half the squad are not good enough.

3. Lots of kids coming up 16 need contracts and youth needs an overhaul with maybe better scouting and bring in coaches on merit and not because they are old players.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Since Wim Jonk left a couple of years ago, do Ajax have someone overseeing the youth program? I don't recall. although we have been critical of Overmars, he has certainly maximized player value on transfers. I think he would like to see Ajax succeed in European football even though it's getting to be a difficult job given the lackluster performance of other Dutch teams in Europe which is bad for the coefficient.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mar 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Orange14 schreef:Since Wim Jonk left a couple of years ago, do Ajax have someone overseeing the youth program? I don't recall. although we have been critical of Overmars, he has certainly maximized player value on transfers. I think he would like to see Ajax succeed in European football even though it's getting to be a difficult job given the lackluster performance of other Dutch teams in Europe which is bad for the coefficient.
There's a guy named Said Ouaali who took over from Jonk. Honestly, I don't know a lot about him.

You guys think that there's any chance of Jonk ever coming back?

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mar 19, 2019 1:39 pm

Amol schreef:
Orange14 schreef:Since Wim Jonk left a couple of years ago, do Ajax have someone overseeing the youth program? I don't recall. although we have been critical of Overmars, he has certainly maximized player value on transfers. I think he would like to see Ajax succeed in European football even though it's getting to be a difficult job given the lackluster performance of other Dutch teams in Europe which is bad for the coefficient.
There's a guy named Said Ouaali who took over from Jonk. Honestly, I don't know a lot about him.

No chance. Bridges were burnt especially with overmars. Although he should go into management otherwise he is wasted

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mar 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Ayman schreef:
Amol schreef:

No chance. Bridges were burnt especially with overmars. Although he should go into management otherwise he is wasted
Probably written somewhere in Overmars' new contract - that he can leave if Bergkamp/Jonk rejoin Ajax :drecul.gif:

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mar 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Just read that Alfred Schroeder is leaving at the end of the season to become Hoffenheim's new coach. Apparently Christian Poulsen will be the new assistant coach.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mar 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Amol schreef:Just read that Alfred Schroeder is leaving at the end of the season to become Hoffenheim's new coach. Apparently Christian Poulsen will be the new assistant coach.

No thanks. Poulsen is weak and pussified.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Losing an experienced and highly sort after assistant to be replaced by a novice !! If we dont win the title this year will ETH survive?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di mar 19, 2019 8:40 pm

SPL schreef:Losing an experienced and highly sort after assistant to be replaced by a novice !! If we dont win the title this year will ETH survive?
Ayman schreef:
No thanks. Poulsen is weak and pussified.
Ten Hag gave Poulsen a few months of internship at Ajax. Most of the time he has spent at the 1th team, he made a very good impression and got offered this job.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di mar 19, 2019 8:43 pm

Not only former Ajax and FC Copenhagen player, but has also been under contract by Juventus, Sevilla, Liverpool, Schalke 04.

92 matches for the Danish national team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 18, 2019 9:07 pm

Reiziger is the new assistant 1st team coach in place of Aaron Winter ,who will get another position. a new Jong chief coach is needed.

Plaats reactie