Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

GangstaRiB

Re: Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door GangstaRiB » za apr 16, 2022 10:39 pm

SPL schreef:
vr apr 15, 2022 11:31 am
My pal ,a Man u fan, asked what I thought of ETH going .I said I had no idea why Manu want him . Only picks the same 11 players,no plan B when he cannot breakdown 10 man defences and currently we are not seeing the football associated with Ajax.

I dont like Manu ,thats being polite as I would want both PSV and Feyenoord to beat them. They are a team full of egos and I give him a year .
Interesting. The manager that put ajax back on the European football map is, since it became apparent that he is to sign with ManU, suddenly no good?

The last couple of weeks have been difficult. But overall… he has been the best manager at Ajax since Van Gaal. He never blames opponent or referee but will always try to improve his own side. And look at the stats of Ajax under EtH. It almost doesn’t get better.

ManU will be a hell of a job. Would love to see him succeed. But for sure he will be highly wanted at other clubs if ManU doesn’t work out. He has the same work ethic as Pep or Klopp.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 17, 2022 8:29 pm

I have been fed up with him most of the season in the league.Not using his subs and sticking to same 11.Football has been poor and not worthy of Ajax at times. Yes he has done well in Europe,in 2019 he had Ziyech,Frenkie and Donny in Mf with deLigt in defence. This season we were overhyped as Rangers beat Dortmund .

He has done a good job and I hope he can win the title and go out a hero.

Not belittling him buy a forward line of Berghuis Haller and Tadic and a MF of Klaassen ,Gravenberch and Alvarez is woeful and not worthy of Ajax.Thats no better than Frank de Boer's Ajax.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di apr 19, 2022 4:12 pm

Like SPL, I've been complaining about U-shaped football most of the season. Our great results in the 1st half of the season were hiding the problems which had -
- not building the bench by only focusing on a core group of 12
- not planning for potential injuries due to overuse and bad luck
- not knowing what to do when playing against a very defensive team

If you saw the pass-maps all season, you would've seen an eerie similarity to the ones under FDB. It was a house of cards waiting to fall. And it's now falling all around us.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di apr 19, 2022 4:16 pm

Also, not giving more chances to some of our younger kids with 4-0, 5-0 leads!! In my opinion - those were the times you could give some of these kids experience. They've been sitting on the bench/playing in the KKD and have 'lost' an entire season.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 21, 2022 12:41 pm

It's finally official, EtH is off to ManU. Ajax are expected to receive a compensation fee of about €2M. van der Gaag who had been mentioned as a possible Ajax manager is also moving to ManU. I hope ten Hag and the players can stay focused and win the Eredivisie this season. I think Ajax will have some difficulty finding a new manager as there is going to be a lot of changes in the player roster over the summer. If they don't get CL football by winning the league, it will be doubly difficult. I still like Lucien Favre but he's not Dutch.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do apr 21, 2022 12:53 pm

Hard to see next season going well for Ajax - new manager and coaches, new TD and at least a few players to replace.

Only thing we know for sure is we’ll be playing a 4-3-3

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo feb 08, 2023 11:06 pm

We are rumoured to be talking with Julian Ward (Liverpool TD) to take over as our TD. Mike Verweij (De Telegraaf) reported it, so seems generally reliable.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 09, 2023 2:16 pm

Amol schreef:
wo feb 08, 2023 11:06 pm
We are rumoured to be talking with Julian Ward (Liverpool TD) to take over as our TD. Mike Verweij (De Telegraaf) reported it, so seems generally reliable.
From what I have read he is prohibited from taking a new job for a year as part of the agreement with Liverpool.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do feb 09, 2023 4:49 pm

Orange14 schreef:
do feb 09, 2023 2:16 pm
Amol schreef:
wo feb 08, 2023 11:06 pm
From what I have read he is prohibited from taking a new job for a year as part of the agreement with Liverpool.
The Ajax Twitter Army seems to be confident that the 1 year clause only applies to EPL clubs. Don't know how the Twitter army is so sure.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 30, 2023 10:56 am

Edwin v d Sar has resigned . He has done the right thing as a lot of the mess this season is his fault .He should have got a proper replacement for Overmars last May and Schreuder should have been sacked after the Emmen game in November,when he clearly lost the players.No idea who takes over but it must be someone with Ajax DNA and an ex player.Jordi Cruijff has left Barca!!

Peter Bosz may well be the new coach as V D S seemed to be in his way.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mei 30, 2023 4:10 pm

VDS resignation was inevitable. He generally did a decent job over the years with Overmars and Geelen.

However
a. not looking to get a replacement for Overmars
b. not getting rid of Schreuder after some heavy losses in October
c. not asking Reizeger to take on as caretaker
d. throwing Heitinga into the deep end and not giving him insights about what's happening in the background.....

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di mei 30, 2023 5:27 pm

what a cop out statement he also gave announcing his leave, “it doesn’t feel good to take decisions about the future in the coming period?” no shit, things are always easy when it’s going great. typical c suite response

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mei 30, 2023 6:16 pm

kezme44 schreef:
di mei 30, 2023 5:27 pm
what a cop out statement he also gave announcing his leave, “it doesn’t feel good to take decisions about the future in the coming period?” no shit, things are always easy when it’s going great. typical c suite response
Yeah normally you announce you're standing down and wait till the new person takes over. That way there's a warm handover from one person to the next.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jun 01, 2023 2:52 pm

Mislintat just confirmed that Heitinga won't be the head coach next year. We are looking for someone new and he'd like to keep Johnny in some capacity.

I'm generally in favor of this. Not sure who the new coach will be, so will need to wait and watch.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jun 01, 2023 3:31 pm

Amol schreef:
do jun 01, 2023 2:52 pm
I'm generally in favor of this. Not sure who the new coach will be, so will need to wait and watch.
Rumor is it might be the Norwegian club Bodo Glimt's trainer Kjetil Knutsen. He's done a really good job with that team and I watched some of their matches last season.

Huntelaar's contract was extended to 2027 what ever that means.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 01, 2023 5:35 pm

KJH will be Mislintat's assistant but dealing with Youth Contracts and Young Ajax contracts and liaising with scouting youths.Glad he is doing this side of things.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 04, 2023 1:31 pm

Jan van Halst has been named interim General Manager as AZ will not release Alex Kroes who is the one Ajax wants in the position. I think this is about two months too late and it's not clear when Kroes will join the management.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 05, 2023 2:05 pm

Alex Kroes will be released by AZ on March 15 and can move over to Ajax to take the GM position. This is good news!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 05, 2023 8:47 pm

Heitinga is now West Ham assistant manager under David Moyes ,he played under Moyes at Everton so they know each other.Good experience for him.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di sep 19, 2023 8:18 pm

Ajax in turmoil.

It was already brewing in the media, now Ajax launches an official investigation into Sven Mislintat buying a player that has an agent who owns stocks in Sven’s privately owned company.

It doesn’t look good.

Personally I’m disappointed in Sven who has bought a load of second division shit players. But if he also has a personal interest in these transfers… well that’s it then! :rules.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 19, 2023 8:42 pm

Evidently Sven wants to sack the coach but he appointed him . Ajax in a complete shambles at present.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di sep 19, 2023 11:49 pm

Wonder what Tadic is thinking. He made the right call to abandon ship.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo sep 20, 2023 12:33 pm

IMO, Mislintat is going to be sacked before Steijn if it comes to that.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo sep 20, 2023 12:44 pm

I reckon they are obviously planning to sack him.

I assume “unofficial” arrangements between agents and technical staff is common in professional football, but the fact it’s coming out in the media in this case suggests to me someone at the club wants him gone.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo sep 24, 2023 10:20 pm

Mislintat has been sacked. To be honest, all of us thought that he bought one too many random lower league players and block spots in the first team which would've been useful for some of the kids.

I still don't understand how Steijn has a job. However, they probably are keeping him for one more game while they figure out who the next coach will be.

Plaats reactie