Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 06, 2019 1:16 pm

Overmars was offered the Technical Director position at Barcelona and turned it down. This is a good sign and shows his commitment to continuing to build Ajax along with ten Hag.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Turned down one of the 2 biggest clubs in the world ,Real the other.Great news ,as long as he makes Juventus pay the asking price for de Ligt!!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di nov 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Overmars has extended his contract to 2024. He received a large upfront bonus for this but will have to pay back a pro-rated amount if he leaves before the contract is up. van der Sar has been offered a new contract but that requires finalization at the shareholder's meeting. I think we can say that the two of them have done a very good job.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo nov 13, 2019 12:33 am

Jup he will get 250.000 euros bonus for every year he stays at the club, so Overmars has received 1,25 million euros to stay at the club until 2024. Probably this is peanuts for the Premier League, but in Holland it is considered as a pretty big directors bonus.

Perhaps Ajax has paid the full amount directly now in 2019 because Overmars said he will stay at this club for multiple years and the 2019 year is financially so succesful after a semi final in the Champions League that AFC Ajax NV will have to pay a lot of taxes unless you can justify some extra expenses for this same fiscal year.

Recently there was a nice interview with Overmars, perhaps YouTube can give English subtitles.
Amusing to hear Overmars talk about himself where he makes the conclusion that he can be a pretty weird guy for the people he directly works with and that requires a quite balanced group of people who directly work with him and can handle this. AC Milan and also Arsenal showed interest, but he is not anxious to go. It will take again multiple years to build up a structure at those clubs and get them to a next level. It took many years at Ajax to get where you want to be so Overmars (and Van der Sar) do not want to leave now they finally see the results from their work.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr nov 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Video about Van der Sar's contract extension until 2023: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YWFMKDiLjqk

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Edwin contracted to November 2023 great news,he and Overmars want to stay and build up our great club.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mar 01, 2022 2:26 pm

Jordi Cruyff has been approached regarding the open Technical Director position. He certainly has sufficient experience to take over the spot Overmars vacated. Right now is is a technical advisor at Barcelona.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mar 01, 2022 3:47 pm

Luis Campos - previous TD at Monaco and Lille had apparently applied for the position. I have nothing against Jordi, but what has he really achieved, for us to go for him?

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di mar 01, 2022 9:47 pm

I’m wondering how much his name has to do with this. Personally I don’t know anything about him, good or bad.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mar 02, 2022 4:52 am

Jordi Cruyff had a good vision for Maccabi Tel Aviv, back then he appointed Peter Bosz. He hasn't done too badly at Barcelona, so we can agree he has experience. But would he be keen on going to Ajax as a TD? He doesn't have much affiliation with them.
I do remember in my first season as an Ajax fan, I was hoping Ajax would sign Jordi Cruyff, instead they went for Dani from West Ham, who wasn't so bad in his first few seasons. But I think Jordi Cruyff would have had an impact as a player for Ajax in the coming dark seasons that were to follow from season 96-97 to 2000-01 season

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 13, 2022 10:19 pm

SPL's favorite player, Klass Jan Huntelaar is joining the technical staff at Ajax!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 14, 2022 1:54 pm

Yes Orange good news,KJH looks like he will deal with youth development side to start with.He is also getting his coaching badges.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 21, 2022 1:17 pm

Overmars has a new job as TD with Antwerp.They have a rich owner who is investing his money. I am sure the women employed by Antwerp are not happy.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 13, 2022 12:13 pm

Seems it certain ETH to Manu .Will be very surprised if he succeeds.If Ronaldo,Pogba and Maguire remain he wont last a year. Too many egos. Thanks for all you have done for Ajax but this season , just wanting the same 11 or 12 players ,not using subs properly so backup squad are undercooked has been a problem.In recent months our football does not look like the beautiful football of Ajax as we fail to break down moderate teams and struggle to create chances and goals.

We will see many players going this summer and new signings needed so the right time to move on.Just hope ETH can bring us the title.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 13, 2022 12:42 pm

I honestly have no idea who Ajax will bring in as the next trainer. I would like to see Marcelo Bielsa but the language difficulty is too big. Heitinga has done well at Jong Ajax but is too raw. Perhaps Wim Jonk is the only logical candidate.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do apr 14, 2022 5:24 pm

I will truly be shocked if ETH succeeds at ManU with his current methods. They have a big squad and bigger egos. If he sticks to his favourite 11 players over there and boxing out everyone else, he's going to have a mutiny on his hands.

Good luck to him.

Where does Ajax go from here? It's going to be an interesting ride again over the next few years.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do apr 14, 2022 7:30 pm

eth won’t last 6 months as coach there

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr apr 15, 2022 12:42 am

kezme44 schreef:
do apr 14, 2022 7:30 pm
He likely return to manage PSV when van Nistleroy shows how incompetent he is as a trainer!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 15, 2022 11:31 am

My pal ,a Man u fan, asked what I thought of ETH going .I said I had no idea why Manu want him . Only picks the same 11 players,no plan B when he cannot breakdown 10 man defences and currently we are not seeing the football associated with Ajax.

I dont like Manu ,thats being polite as I would want both PSV and Feyenoord to beat them. They are a team full of egos and I give him a year .

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr apr 15, 2022 5:46 pm

SPL schreef:
vr apr 15, 2022 11:31 am
My pal ,a Man u fan, asked what I thought of ETH going .I said I had no idea why Manu want him . Only picks the same 11 players,no plan B when he cannot breakdown 10 man defences and currently we are not seeing the football associated with Ajax.

I dont like Manu ,thats being polite as I would want both PSV and Feyenoord to beat them. They are a team full of egos and I give him a year .
Exactly!!

We've reverted to playing U shaped football with a squad which is many times as expensive as FDB's was. Last 2-3 years in the last 1/3rd of the season, some of the core 11 players get hurt because of overuse. And we get into massive holes in Europe and in the Eredivisie. We got lucky in 2018-19 because the Dutch didn't play the WC in 2018. The core of that particular Ajax team was Dutch.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr apr 15, 2022 5:49 pm

kezme44 schreef:
do apr 14, 2022 7:30 pm
I give him up to Feb/Mar. He'll be done by then, unless he has a complete transformation in his ways.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 15, 2022 8:41 pm

Talk of him taking Jurrien Timber and I have seen Ajax rate him at 70m. Given he lives at home with Mum ,shares a bedroom with Quinten and his other brother is evidently his agent I would think his family wont want him anywhere near this revolting club full of big overhyped over rated egos.Just look at how Donny's career has come to a full stop.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za apr 16, 2022 12:30 pm

I don't understand why Dutch teams do not have release clauses in contracts. It's mandatory in La Liga and most Portuguese teams have them as well.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » za apr 16, 2022 12:56 pm

Since Bosz left us, I haven't seen a team he managed, to end up in a better situation than the one he inherited. Seems like he is a one trick pony, that thinks only about attacking football. On Thursday, Lyon ended up losing 0-3 to West Ham. Alarming
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za apr 16, 2022 8:28 pm

I don't rate Bosz at all. I'm curious what Lucien Favre is doing these days. He was decent managing Dortmund until he had a string of injuries and losses. He teams do play like Ajax with lots of high pressure.

Plaats reactie