Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » za apr 30, 2022 4:51 pm

Gravenberch has made it official, he is not going to sign a contract extension with Ajax. Ajax are now in a tough position as Bayern are coming in with a low ball offer. I don't know if Ajax can find another team that will come in for more money or not.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za apr 30, 2022 5:18 pm

what’s the lowball offer? 17 plus add ons? he said he’d sign a one year extension if the club gets a lowball offer because he owns them. I’d say let’s see what his word is worth. fucking bayern are the parasites of the bundesliga and cannot compete with rest of Europe anymore, definitely on the decline. just today they lost to mainz. not sure gravenberch wants to go there but the under 20s always know better

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 11, 2022 1:00 pm

German media reporting that Bayern and Mazraoui have agreed to terms. Salary is €8M which is too rich for Ajax. I wish him well and hope he stays healthy as he is a quality RB.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 14, 2022 11:44 am

Jong Ajax goalie Calvin Raatsie is leaving on a free.His contract is up and he wants more playing time. I note he comes from Volendam so maybe a move there! Oranje U21's playing Euro qualifiers next month and he is included with Gorter and Scherpen.
He is a decent goalie but at Jong he has Gorter and Setford ahead of him so wise to leave.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 18, 2022 12:43 pm

Danilo has joined Feyenoord on a free. Why was this player not sold last summer when we could have got 7 or 8 M

Gravenberch's father said Ajax thought Ryan had an option they could extend his contract by a year and thus Ryan felt undervalued by Ajax and Overmars.Bayern reported before Ajax decided to talk of a new contract.

Mazraoui of course should have been extended last summer but given his injury record I doubt anyone would have paid more than 5m for him last summer.

Overmars has made a lot of mistakes last year and we are losing money through it.

Why on earth are Ajax not giving Jurrien Timber a new deal , he looks like going this summer.Talk of 40m a joke, 60 min should be asked for.

I do wonder if anyone is actually dealing with contracts and maybe we need some one who needs to make decisions.

Next week Oranje U19 play 3 games towards U19 Euros and of the 4 Ajax players Hillen's contract expires next month and Prince Aning the LB still has no contract.

Apologies I do have bee in my bonnet about youth players not getting contracts but over the last 12 months Ajax have acted like a Sunday amateur club over players contracts.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 18, 2022 1:00 pm

From what I have read, Huntelaar and Hamstra are handling these things. Overmars had a real mixed bag of results. He brought is some excellent transfers and some quite poor ones. I agree that his biggest fault was not extending contracts early enough. Ajax spend so much money developing youth players and then don't want to spend the incremental amount to keep them. I understand the absence of big television revenue poses a major difficulty. I think EPL teams receive €100M per year in television money.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 18, 2022 7:49 pm

Hamstra and KJH will probably do a decent job for us. The mess we have of free transfers and contracts not being extended quickly is down to Overmars.

Our 2 new men wont have that mess for next season . With Nico and Gravenberch off, the only 1st teamers with contracts to 2023 are Blind Pasveer and Klaiber(he has a option of another year) Main 2 extensions for 1st teamers Timber and Taylor ( both currently to 2024).

Leaving aside contract extensions and signing up youth talent we will have alot of selling and buying this summer. Cannot believe all the rumours just hope Martinez and Timber have another season.

Meanwhile we have a lot of players from Jong to unload.Squad was about 20 at the seasons end with 5 or 6 returning from loan and well over 15 being promoted from U18, Today Steven vd Sloot a RB,with an expiring contract has left to Schalke. He was not good enough at Jong level ,joined us from Feyenoord 3 years ago.

Hamstra and KJH are going to earn their money this summer. Over the moon my hero is back working at Ajax.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 19, 2022 8:23 pm

Details of Jong players leaving is a bit like a dripping tap. Today Gibson Yah leaves on a free.A CD cum DMF and still not 19, Played a few times for Jong over the last 2 years ,mainly as sub but has had a lot of injury. Had a contract for this season with an option but Ajax have decided not to take up the option.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo mei 22, 2022 1:04 am

Jurrien Timber is moving to Man Utd apparently its imminent, he didn't play in the friendlies in Curacao, that explains it

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 22, 2022 12:11 pm

The english tabloids believe Jurrien is going but he has carried a bit of an injury the last few weeks so not playing 20 mins means little.

Manu will have to sell Maguire otherwise where will Jurrien play ! Manu will still want 50m for that carthorse so apart from maybe Villa or Newcastle dont see anyone else buying him. Linderhof and Varane are not thought to leave manu.

I think Jurrien will be mad to join them and will end up like Donny . He lives at home with Mum and brothers, shares a bedroom with Quinten. If he went to Arsenal I think he would probably settle but manu are a team full of overhyped egos.One bad game and Neville,Ferdinand and Keane will be shouting for his head.

ETH will be lucky to avoid the sack after a year .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 22, 2022 1:56 pm

No way is Timber physical enough to play CB in the EPL. He will always face bigger stronger attackers in every game over there. It's still not clear what his best position is. He is far better suited to the Bundesliga.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 23, 2022 7:33 pm

Tyton ,who only joined on a short term deal due to injuries ,has signed for Twente.

Would point out Pierie, Magallan,Bande and Kotarski have returned from loans and Jong players De Waal,Giovanni and Douglas have all returned also. 7 players with nil future all have to be sold

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 24, 2022 2:22 pm

Mazraoui officially introduced at Bayern yesterday. I wish him well and hope he is able to stay injury free. Part of me wishes that Overmars extended his contract but I guess it is a difficult call when a player is often missing because of injury. I think he would have left this season in any event and it's just a shame that we did not pick up a nice transfer fee. I do think that when healthy, he is as good a RB as any player in Europe.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 24, 2022 7:35 pm

Agree your post Orange .This time last year we would have struggled to get 5m due to his injuries.I wish him well .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 24, 2022 8:57 pm

Inter Milan confirm Onana has signed. Dont wish him any luck at all.

Also just read Bayern and Ajax agree on 25m for Gravenberch. A good amount as he has 1 year left on his contract and is not really ready for a regular place at Bayern.Has left us too early and can see him being loaned out in a years time.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 25, 2022 5:20 pm

Gravenberch is off both sides have agreed.19m fixed with 5.5m add ons easy to obtain.Not sure why just 20m plus 5m but these figures come from the dutch press.Future sale we get 7.5%.

I think its a good amount with 1 year left of his contract and he is not yet consistant and far from ready for Bayern. Taylor is ready to take over.

I wish him well and at least we are going to get 25m

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 27, 2022 9:38 pm

Raatsie,who has already left, has signed for Utrecht, wish him well there.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 28, 2022 11:46 am

Gibson Yah has also joined Utrecht and will play for their Young side.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 02, 2022 11:26 am

Liam v Gelderen sold to Groningen for 450,000 plus 20% resale . Not good enough for our 1st but will have a decent career.
With Mazraoui,Graveneberch V Gelderen all gone and Brobbey back at Liepzig we have no Raiola players left. A bit ironic now he is dead!

Jurrien has said he is off to Oranje duty then holiday and wont decide anything until then.He wants to make sure he plays regularly and if he goes to manu he wont play every week. Gut feeling he will stay another year.Going to manu will be a big mistake for him.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jun 02, 2022 2:58 pm

I hope Jurrien does stay an extra year for his sake and our sake. Playing a full season (without the drama at ManUre) would help him get better prepared for the rest of his career. Also key to him being a potential starter in the WC.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » za jun 04, 2022 9:16 am

I think he’d really struggle with life at manure.. very hostile environment which he just doesn’t need

Also, think he’s a little lightweight for the premier league, but maybe ETH knows more than me?! :drecul.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 04, 2022 11:57 am

English press make up all the Jurrien to manu stories but more stories now that he is staying.Mum and his brothers may well be influencing him. Donny went to manu and it has killed his career,barely played for 2 years.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 13, 2022 9:18 pm

Gravenberch to Bayern now official 18.5m plus 5 m of add ons and 7.5% of future sales. Good luck to him ,at least we get some money .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 19, 2022 11:51 am

Croatian goalie Kotarski ,who has spent last season on loan in Croatia has now signed to stay there.No fee mentioned but maybe about 500,000. Think we paid 2m for him but he was never that special with Young Ajax.

V Gelderen's transfer to Groningen was completed and we get 450,000.

We have a few players who were loaned out and now need to be sold.Magallan,Bande,Pierie have all returned and Young Ajax players De Waal,Giovanni and Douglas have no future.

Will be interesting to see what Ajax do with Young Ajax players Salah-Eddine,Unuvar,Hansen and Llansana as all have out grow that level.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jun 19, 2022 1:59 pm

Jurrien Timber set to stay at Ajax. van Gaal gave him good advice, he took it because he is smart.
As for Man United fans, they are thick as pig shit. They argue it doesn't stop van Gaal from picking Bergwijn and Ake for the national team. The difference is, The Dutch squad has a shortage of good LCB's and a shortage of good wingers. While Timber's position has fierce competition

Plaats reactie