Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Ayman » wo aug 14, 2019 6:23 pm

Overmars did hint about Dolberg's possible departure that nobody is talking about as per Reddit. Seriously, keeping him at Ajax is just going to prolong the issue he is having, in regaining his form, yes I know a number of fans want him to stay, but it's not good for either Kasper nor Ajax nor the other up and coming strikers. Look, we have Tadic, we have Huntelaar, who are doing a far better job than he is. It's better to part ways, giving Dolberg chance after chance, is like a dog chasing it's tail, we will just be in the same situation in 6 months time. No other striker would be tolerated, no matter how good he was when he set the field alight in his first season. I don't want to give examples because it will open can of worms and stray off the main subject.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo aug 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Maybe sending him on loan in a team that plays the preferable football, might be the best for him. I guess Magallan will be next and Labyad the third in the row...
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 14, 2019 7:31 pm

Real it seems doesn't want Donny so he will likely stay .

As for Dolberg he missed a practice game today between Jong Ajax and Ajax B players so straight away rumors he is going.

I dont see him making it with us in our present set up with Tadic as striker and at 36 KJH is still fit shows hunger and fire that Dolberg has never shown.

For us to get money for Dolberg we probably must hope for a loan and hope he scores goals.Would prefer Heerenveen or AZ where he could get back to form away from the glare and pressures of Ajax.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo aug 14, 2019 7:41 pm

It's pointless, it's better he gets sold to a team in Germany, France or Portugal. He needs a new era, and Ajax need to get rid of this burden, as stated previously, not only do Ajax have Tadic and Huntelaar but also other youth talents such as Lassina Traore and Danilo Perriera coming through. Dolberg is just taking up the space, he will stunt their progress.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Not sure Dolberg has much transfer value right now. Bosz was a big fan and gave him the starts in the Europa League season. His injuries last season curtailed his development. I think there is a mental aspect also right now that he has to get over. If the club is going deep into Europe they need three choices for #9. The way Tadic was hacked at last night was not good and if he is out injured for any period of time the club is in trouble.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo aug 14, 2019 9:19 pm

We are not that deep at #9. If we sell Dolberg, we have Tadic, a 36 year old striker and an unproven 18 year old. This is one or two injuries away from absolute disaster.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 16, 2019 10:44 am

Could be Dolberg is being rented to Hoffenheim for the season ,will be under Schreuder.Ajax dont want to sell as they hope he can rediscover his scoring ability. Seems like a good move for all.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Update on Dolberg ,his agent wants money from a transfer and Nice it seems want to buy. He has plenty of talent but I feel he is mentally weak for top football. Go to France and disappear with an average French side probably never hear about him again. In 2 or 3 years he will be back in Denmark where Boilsen,Andersen and Fischer ended up.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 17, 2019 1:26 pm

We may have a replacement for Dolberg if he leaves. Apparently Racing Club is sending Mateo Cassiera back to Ajax. :blub.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 19, 2019 12:23 am

Dolberg to NIce for 20m plus add ons of possible 5m .A big amount for someone who has not performed for 2 years! Our no 3 striker.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 19, 2019 12:49 am

SPL schreef:Dolberg to NIce for 20m plus add ons of possible 5m .A big amount for someone who has not performed for 2 years! Our no 3 striker.
Huntelaar says he can play until he is 40. I saw 38 year old Aritz Aduriz of Athletic Club score a wonder goal on an over head kick to beat Barcelona Satuday. Huntelaar takes good care of his body and he certainly is a more than capable substitute. Traore and Pereira will get some playing time, probably in cup matches now. Best of luck to Dolberg and it's too bad we don't have our own 'Thor' around now.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 26, 2019 7:14 pm

Jong Ajax goalie Stan v Bladeren has signed a 1 year contract with a year's option with Helmond Sports. Never a regular and with Kotarski,Scherpen and El Maach ahead of him no chance of playing time this season.

Cleared out all the surplus players from the Jong squad now.From the main squad V Leer ,de Jong and Labyad need to go in the next week as their playing time is minimal.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma aug 26, 2019 11:15 pm

Dolberg is still an Ajax player and I'm starting to feel like he's gonna stay till the end of his contract...
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 27, 2019 11:06 am

Nice have just been bought by a rich British billionaire and the takeover has only just gone through .Nice couldn't give us a Bank guarantee until this takeover was complete so expect Dolberg to go by the end of the week.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 29, 2019 8:26 pm

Ajax confirmed Dolberg to Nice for 20.5m. Bonuses and resale not confirmed.Sorry to see him go but I dont think he is mentally strong enough for big footy. If he does not make it in France he will end up back in Denmark with Fischer,Boilesen and Anderson.

de Wit not yet confirmed.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 30, 2019 1:50 pm

de Wit to AZ confirmed ,fee 2m not yet confirmed .Not good enough for us but I wish him well .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 30, 2019 1:55 pm

SPL schreef:de Wit to AZ confirmed ,fee 2m not yet confirmed .Not good enough for us but I wish him well .
de Wit is more a version of Siem de Jong, not quite quick enough for the Ajax MF. He did get some nice minutes in the CL last season and it was good for ETH to bring him on at the conclusion of Wednesday's match. Good luck at AZ, they have a horrible EL draw with ManU, FC Astana (Kazakhstan), and Partizan Belgrade

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Jong Ajax goalie v Bladeren failed a medical with Helmond and has a wrist injury and is staying with us.

We still have v Leer spare and one too many Jong goalies now v Bladeren stays.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo sep 01, 2019 3:46 pm

I see Cassiera ,who has been out on loan in Argentina ,has been sold to Belenenses of Portugal. No fee mentioned but it wont be over 1m but 40% resale.Think we just wanted to get him sold. Good luck to him.

Tomorrow we may still see v Leer go but Labyad turned down ADO saying he wanted to stay.Siem does not seem fully fit and guess he will just stay to January when hopefully he will leave(he only has a contract to June 2020)

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 02, 2019 4:15 pm

Looks like Lisandro Magallan will go to Deportivo Alaves on a one year loan. This is the same club Jordi Cruyff played for when they had a good run in the Europa League some years ago. Magallan was just not good enough for Ajax, always a step too slow on defense.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Good move ,doubt we will see him return. In a year he will stay in Spain for 5m or so.Bad signing and Boca fans said he was poor.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 02, 2019 7:42 pm

There is an option to buy so we wont see him again.

As I said yesterday Labyad and de Jong were not going to leave today but still time for V Leer.If he stays he wont even get on the bench ,just train and get his money.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Relief transfer deadline is finished and only 4 players left of whom de Ligt and de Jong were the only key players.

Labyad and Siem de Jong wont feature much but we have way too many goalies . V Leer and V Bladeren wont see playing time and El Maach is just Jong No 3 goalie but U19's have 3 goalies also.10 goalies for 3 teams when only 7 are needed.A good clear out needed in January.

Getting rid of Cassiera and Magallan yesterday was good business.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di sep 03, 2019 10:20 pm

I genuinely never understood the Magallan transfer at all - so I'm really happy that he's being rented out to Alaves for the year with an option to buy.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 03, 2019 11:30 pm

Amol schreef:I genuinely never understood the Magallan transfer at all - so I'm really happy that he's being rented out to Alaves for the year with an option to buy.
You win some and you lose some. Magallan was a starter for one of the top two clubs in Argentina. I think maybe Ajax didn't realize that he was just not quick enough.

Plaats reactie