Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 16, 2023 11:54 am

Dusan is signing for Fenerbache for 2 years and not getting more money .He turned down Saudi Arabian money to stay in Europe.

Reading fans on Showtime I do wonder if they are real fans having ago at him. This guy never missed a game,could have left us in 2019 but loves the club and gave his all.Inspiring captain and did a great job looking after the younger players. He was faced with 1 final year as a player with us and maybe not always play.He probably is not happy that we are going to rebuild slower than he hopes.

His time to leave is right,he wants 2 more years where he can play regularly and just enjoy it. I am sure he will then return as a coach. This man is a hero and is not motivated by money.I do wish the Dutch lads on Showtime gave respect to a man who gave his all to us and achieved his ambition to play for the most beautiful club in the world

Good luck Dusan,thank you for 5 great years and return to train our kids. After Litmanen he is the greatest non Dutch player ever at our wonderful club.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo jul 16, 2023 12:50 pm

Totally right SPL! If he stayed they’d be moaning about him being over the hill.

You mentioned Jari, I would include Schöne too, but i can’t remember many other players who’ve come from outside the youth system been as good as those three over a long period.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 16, 2023 1:48 pm

Agree with Schone who along with Dusan and Jari 3 greatest foreign imports.

PS.Going way back the foreigner who had the greatest success was German Horst Blankenburg CD who played in the 1971,72 ,73 CL finals and part of the greatest ever football team . I watched the 1972 final the other day,beautiful breathtaking football and Total football at its brilliant best.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 18, 2023 6:06 pm

Sad to see Tadic go, but I think it opens up an opportunity for Kudus/Bergwijn to take a more leading role.

I think he definitely would've seen lesser playing time this year than what he's used to.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 20, 2023 7:19 pm

Fulham offered 17m for Bassey but he wants to stay for the time being and see what happens at Ajax. He can always go to a club in the EPL like Fulham and Brighton but Ajax are still a big name in Europe.

Everton fancy Brobbey but he has said he is not leaving this summer.

So only Alvarez and Kudus look like going at present . We then need to replace Kudus at Right wing ,and Timber at CD ,Alvarez has been replaced at DM by Tahirovic with V d Boomen and Vos all playing at 6.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 21, 2023 8:55 pm

Bassey now told he wont be first choice LCD or LB so expect him to leave

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 22, 2023 11:52 am

That was quick Fulham and Ajax agree on 21m for Bassey with a resale clause. Not sure Bassey wants to leave but Hato is ahead of him and Kaplan will be backup with Milovanovic from Jong rated.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za jul 22, 2023 3:29 pm

it’s amazing that someone wants to pay 21 million for bassey. I think there’s still a big issue around his salary as Fulham apparently want to give him less than what he makes here

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 22, 2023 8:29 pm

Our coach has told Bassey he wont get a starting spot and should go.In Uk he pays more tax hence the wages problem Steijn also does not rate Salah-Eddine or Wijndal(joining every fan of Ajax)He says Hato can play LB and we bring in another LCD or we buy another LB and Hato at LCD.

Chelsea evidently talking to Kudus .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 22, 2023 9:59 pm

SPL schreef:
za jul 22, 2023 8:29 pm
Steijn also does not rate Salah-Eddine or Wijndal(joining every fan of Ajax)He says Hato can play LB and we bring in another LCD or we buy another LB and Hato at LCD.
I saw that comment as well and it strikes me as just bizarre. He has an equal problem with Rensch at RB who is a space cadet in terms of forgetting to cover back. At least Salah-Eddine goes forward with purpose. Steijn must think that Ajax have an infinite transfer budget and we continue to be linked to lots of MFs when we really need to shore up the back line.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 23, 2023 12:38 pm

Agree with you Orange. Only defender I rate is Hato ,although we have not seen Kaplan.S-Eddine is decent as backup and Blind should still be here.Wijndal is not fit for purpose. Sanchez cannot defend and Rensch is poor.

I too wonder why we are currently looking to buy another MF ,the Armenian lad from Russia. but believe he is a creative MF so hopefully Klaassen will go.We do need creativity in MF and it would be great if Kudus had another year.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 26, 2023 8:27 pm

Sounds like Bassey is about to sign for Fulham and Chelsea want Kudus so hope we may actually buy some defenders. We are going to buy 2 x Cd's

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo jul 26, 2023 8:47 pm

We're heading into August and I really can't understand the situation. Is our economical situation so dire? So dire that we can't buy a 10-15 million player? Our defense is seriously empty. We almost don't have starters for God's sake! What the hell is going on?
May the Force be with you

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do jul 27, 2023 12:09 am

I’m not sure it’s worth it. They bought a bunch of players at that level last season and not one of them looks like they will be in the starting 11 this season. (Maybe Brobbey).

We may have to put up with a few crap years while we wait for another crop of young players.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 27, 2023 1:05 pm

We need to be careful who we buy as of last summer's 10 signings only Bergwijn is good enough .He did cost too much and being a left wing when we had Tadic was crazy but he is quality and will score goals.

Bassey is the 4th to go and Wijndal and Sanchez can leave tomorow as neither are good enough. Brobbey a good back up striker but paying 16m to get him back was crazy.

Kaplan still not fit and maybe we will never see him as he could just go back to Turkey in time . Conceicao quick, good dribbler but zero end result ,just runs into defenders when in the area and cannot cross. Very uninspiring in Tuesdays friendly but Godts looked a different class.

So we do have to be careful with buying as we have no CL money.

Klaassen sounds like he is off to Besiktas on a free and Kudus will leave soon. Alvarez its all quiet not sure clubs want to pay 40m for a limited footballer.

Youth needs to be given a chance and Godts up front and Fitz-Jim, Vos and Misehouy in MF are ready for the squad.No youth ready for defence although Gooijer impresses and just read he is talks over a long contract.A RB and can play RCD also played LB but he is right footed.

Dont see us buying any full backs but 2 CD are needed in the next 2 weeks and a back up striker

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 27, 2023 1:18 pm

souras84 schreef:
wo jul 26, 2023 8:47 pm
We're heading into August and I really can't understand the situation. Is our economical situation so dire? So dire that we can't buy a 10-15 million player? Our defense is seriously empty. We almost don't have starters for God's sake! What the hell is going on?
The problem is there is a real lack of quality central defenders in the Ajax price range. Even the Croat Sutalo will cost €20M and indications he would prefer to play at Fiorentina. I think we will be lucky to get one decent CD and maybe a 2nd striker. I would not waste any money and time looking for MFs as there are enough including the young Ajax players.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do jul 27, 2023 1:51 pm

Couldn't we go for Sanchez from Tottenham??
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 27, 2023 6:15 pm

souras84 schreef:
do jul 27, 2023 1:51 pm
Couldn't we go for Sanchez from Tottenham??
His salary demand will likely be too high and quite frankly he is not as good on the ball as Alvarez.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 28, 2023 8:26 pm

Bassey officially to Fulham 22.5m so we almost get our money back although I read Rangers get 10% of resale. He was never a good enough footballer for Ajax,just a good tackler and quick.Wish him well in Fulham.

So back in May we needed a backup striker and back up RCD to Timber.Both positions still need filling but we now have 1 CD,Hato aged just 17 although Alvarez can play at RCD until he goes.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za jul 29, 2023 4:38 pm

Glad we have now sold Bassey. We now need to get a couple replacements in defense at the very least.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 30, 2023 1:30 pm

Botofoga from Brazil want Sanchez on loan but have no money.Dont rate him but we should only let go if we get the 5m back.

That leaves Wijndal and Salah-Eddine at Lb both moderate, Rensch only RB ,who is poor and Hato at CD promising. The club seems to be in shambles at present even the players are questioning the lack of signings.

We could sell more players before any arrive.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jul 30, 2023 4:07 pm

SPL schreef:
zo jul 30, 2023 1:30 pm

That leaves Wijndal and Salah-Eddine at Lb both moderate, Rensch only RB ,who is poor and Hato at CD promising. The club seems to be in shambles at present even the players are questioning the lack of signings.
The problem is pretty straight forward. Without Champions League football there is a large projected deficit. My understanding is that all the player salaries were contingent on this revenue and if Ajax did not qualify for CL football, those salaries could not be adjusted downwards. This is different than if players get bonuses for Euro qualifying and play as opposed to it being fixed in the wage line. This was fundamental mismanagement of a sports team. It is unclear who was at fault here and perhaps Overmars played a role. One of the reasons Tadic could go is that his €6M salary could be wiped off the books. they need to dissolve Klaassen's contract as well but I doubt the player would go along with that as he probably cannot find another team to play for at his current salary.

Steijn and Mislintat were dealt a bad hand that was made worse by key players leaving. If there are no takers for Alvarez, he will likely be the starter at RCB.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 30, 2023 5:17 pm

Lack of CL leaves 70m hole in the budget but you are right the wages are not adjusted for lack of CL this season. Klaassen,Berghuis,Bergwijn are the 3 big earners and Klaassen needs to be offloaded as he is no longer good enough to be a starter

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 03, 2023 6:45 pm

Latest rumours are about Burnley having serious interest in Daramy. I have this odd feeling that he'll go the Premier League and suddenly find his form ala Botman.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 03, 2023 8:01 pm

Amol schreef:
do aug 03, 2023 6:45 pm
Latest rumours are about Burnley having serious interest in Daramy. I have this odd feeling that he'll go the Premier League and suddenly find his form ala Botman.
Not to worry; you cannot coach away a bad first touch.

Plaats reactie