Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Amol » ma jul 20, 2020 2:36 pm

We absolutely need to keep Botman, even if Nico stays.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 20, 2020 8:50 pm

Most days we get stupid made up rumours of players in and out but today is the ultimate .Real and Barca will keep an eye on Kudus.

Less than 48 hours with the club I read this nonsense.

Twente wanting Ekkelenkamp on loan is fact not rumour.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jul 22, 2020 6:35 am

SPL schreef:
ma jul 20, 2020 8:50 pm
Most days we get stupid made up rumours of players in and out but today is the ultimate .Real and Barca will keep an eye on Kudus.

Less than 48 hours with the club I read this nonsense.

Twente wanting Ekkelenkamp on loan is fact not rumour.
There seems to be a lot of hype regarding Kudus, sure he is a talent, but he is going to need a lot of time to adapt and settle in, after all he is only 18. Can see him being in the reserve for the first season. As for Twente and Ekkelenkamp, Ekkelenkamp needs to be on the fringes for the attacking midfield and perhaps even as a false number 9. Twente are more likely to get Noa Lang on loan who can play at number 10 and on the flanks. Talgiafico staying would be huge! That said, Mazraoui has played as back up for his position, therefore Botman leaving won't hurt Ajax that much. Not to say I wasn't disappointed, I just don't think it will hurt Ajax as much as say other players leaving e.g. Veltman, Dest, van de Beek and of course Tagliafico.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Chelsea seem to want Nico.He has a fixed price of 25m which is cheap but he is nearly 28 and playing in Dutch footy so thats still a 20m profit for us in 2 years.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jul 22, 2020 5:14 pm

SPL schreef:
wo jul 22, 2020 2:23 pm
Chelsea seem to want Nico.He has a fixed price of 25m which is cheap but he is nearly 28 and playing in Dutch footy so thats still a 20m profit for us in 2 years.
It's likely to be a rumour from the agent, to gain interest from other clubs. I hope so anyway, since Chelsea stated that Chilwell is their number one choice.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Ayman schreef:
wo jul 22, 2020 5:14 pm
SPL schreef:
wo jul 22, 2020 2:23 pm
It's likely to be a rumour from the agent, to gain interest from other clubs. I hope so anyway, since Chelsea stated that Chilwell is their number one choice.
Doesn't the EPL have a requirement for a percentage of English players under contract? I seem to remember that some wealthy clubs were bumping up against this.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jul 25, 2020 4:03 pm

Usually it's the second half of the transfer window which gets more worrying, as things can change in a heartbeat. So far Onana is in the 'likely to stay' column Tagliafico is in the 'likely to leave' column while both van de Beek and Veltman are 50/50 As for Dest he in the 'leans towards staying' column. As for the youngsters, it's difficult to tell at the moment, For me it's just about Sontje Hansen and Kenneth Taylor. I gave up on Brobbey, he wants first team football, but he won't be even second in the pecking order for the number 9 position.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 25, 2020 6:23 pm

With match day revenue in the toilet for all Euro leagues because of COVID-19, a lot of clubs are either selling players or announcing no new high wage transfers coming in. I suspect this is what has been happening and teams with a lot of debt on their balance sheets won't be buying. English clubs have television money but even this won't fully make up for lost revenue. Ajax may come through the transfer window in OK shape.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo jul 26, 2020 1:55 am

When does the window close this season?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jul 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Tom_ schreef:
zo jul 26, 2020 1:55 am
When does the window close this season?
October 5!!! :1evil.gif: From what I can see the opening dates seem to vary by league.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 26, 2020 7:26 pm

Man u and Chelsea qualify for CL so they will have bags of money to spend.

Onana and Tagliafico will leave but I have my doubts about Donny. Veltman will likely join a mid table EPL or a decent German side.

On the youths renewing I too think Hansen and Taylor are the 2 key players to keep. Lots of interest in them. Not sure Brobbey will leave .His half brothers are the Luckassen's and the one at PSV being loaned to Anderlecht,said he hopped Brian was staying.

Brobbey has always indicated he wants to make it at Ajax.Think signing for Raiola may complicate matters but Gravenberch signed ok .

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jul 26, 2020 8:07 pm

SPL schreef:
zo jul 26, 2020 7:26 pm
Man u and Chelsea qualify for CL so they will have bags of money to spend.

Onana and Tagliafico will leave but I have my doubts about Donny. Veltman will likely join a mid table EPL or a decent German side.

On the youths renewing I too think Hansen and Taylor are the 2 key players to keep. Lots of interest in them. Not sure Brobbey will leave .His half brothers are the Luckassen's and the one at PSV being loaned to Anderlecht,said he hopped Brian was staying.

Brobbey has always indicated he wants to make it at Ajax.Think signing for Raiola may complicate matters but Gravenberch signed ok .
Well since Leverkusen have launched a big for Onana, he is out of the 'likely to stay column' and now in the 'lean towards leaving column' Talgiafico is in the 'likely to leave column', Donny van de Beek and Veltman are in the '50/50 up in the air column' (I think I need an Excel sheet). In any event, I would be very surprised if Ajax were to go into negotiations with Leverkusen, since the bid is way below the asking price.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma jul 27, 2020 8:39 am

Orange14 schreef:
zo jul 26, 2020 2:58 pm
October 5!!! :1evil.gif: From what I can see the opening dates seem to vary by league.
Thanks - that is quite a way off!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Leverkusen have just said that they have not bid for Onana , just another made up story.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 27, 2020 1:38 pm

ESPN here in the US have Onana down as a €30-40M transfer value. I really doubt Ajax could get that much. The only club that might be able to is Chelsea but they would have to sell Kepa first and that would likely be at a big loss for what they paid him. Too many clubs have to offload players because of the loss of match day revenue. I continue to believe it is difficult to predict any transfers right now.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jul 29, 2020 10:03 pm

Fck Joel Veltman. May Brighton and Hove get relegated ASAP. He will come crawling back to Amsterdam. Sell out!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 29, 2020 10:04 pm

Joel Veltman has joined my local team Brighton and Hove Albion.No fee mentioned but 8m maybe. A good club established in EPL.
Good luck to him and thanks Joel for all you have done for our club.

PS He is going to wear no 34 ,wonderful.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 29, 2020 10:35 pm

I saw the shirt number selection as well. Great choice. Veltman would have left earlier had it not been for the knee injury and it's good that he is fit enough to move to a new challenge.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo jul 29, 2020 11:15 pm

I’m reading there was a 900k release clause in his contract. I hope we got more for him. I wish him luck. Found him a mediocre defender but he has his good moments.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 29, 2020 11:20 pm

kezme44 schreef:
wo jul 29, 2020 11:15 pm
I’m reading there was a 900k release clause in his contract. I hope we got more for him. I wish him luck. Found him a mediocre defender but he has his good moments.
that is the amount I saw as well. He also picked the most inopportune times to foul opponents. I remember him picking up an early yellow card in the Chelsea match and then a second one later on.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jul 30, 2020 2:36 am

I too feel we let him go for peanuts. I totally understand he stayed an extra year and has been at Ajax for 18 years - but still don't agree with the 900k :confused.gif:

Time now for one of Schuurs/Alvarez/Timber to really show up this year.

I agree with Orange14 - Veltman would always find a way to pick an early yellow in a lot of games.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do jul 30, 2020 3:08 pm

sounds like he also could have gone to atalanta and lyon. i guess he really wanted to go to england. i doubt he'll be a starter, the game might be a bit too fast for him over there.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jul 30, 2020 3:29 pm

Why would he not go to Atalanta? They play attractive football, are in CL and don't play in a league where running hard back and forth for 90 minutes is required.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 30, 2020 8:23 pm

He just wanted to go to EPL. Brighton will still be near the bottom next season so good luck to him. They are well covered for CD and he will cover RB.

As part of him agreeing last summer to stay another season he got a new contract with the promise he could leave this summer for a nominal fee of 1m.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » vr jul 31, 2020 1:10 am

Amol schreef:
do jul 30, 2020 3:29 pm
Why would he not go to Atalanta? They play attractive football, are in CL and don't play in a league where running hard back and forth for 90 minutes is required.
money

Plaats reactie