Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Tom_

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Tom_ » do aug 01, 2019 11:21 am

Seems to me like at the start of every season Schöne is seen as second or third choice for the MF, but he always ends up winning a spot and being pretty important. Maybe he won’t play a role this year but I’d be disappointed to see him go.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 01, 2019 12:09 pm

Schöne's contract expires next June and it's likely that Ajax won't renew it (I could be wrong). The team has a lot of MFs these days. I know Edson Alvarez was brought in as a back line player but the Mexico NT looks at him as a defensive MF. If they don't renew Schöne he can leave on a free transfer but it's doubtful that Genoa will pay much for an over 30 MF. Most of the Italian clubs play a slower game than the Eredivisie so that league might suit him.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Tom_ schreef:Seems to me like at the start of every season Schöne is seen as second or third choice for the MF, but he always ends up winning a spot and being pretty important. Maybe he won’t play a role this year but I’d be disappointed to see him go.
I totally agree. I would just keep him until he retires. Always fights for his spot and never complains about the position he's been played in or about sitting on the bench.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do aug 01, 2019 9:04 pm

After watching all these new gifs the players recorded, I am almost certain Ziyech and Neres are staying. Let's hope the same happens to Donny. If all of the above are true, I think Bergwijn will have to move somewhere else, if at all
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 02, 2019 11:25 am

Rumour from Spain today Real have agreed to Donny coming. Pogba wont leave Manu as they want 150m .Hope this is not true.

We will soon know ,if Donny doesn't play tomorrow, but Ajax should now say season starts tomorrow no more sales of star players.

Ajax wont let Schone and Donny go!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr aug 02, 2019 11:55 am

SPL schreef:Rumour from Spain today Real have agreed to Donny coming. Pogba wont leave Manu as they want 150m .Hope this is not true.

We will soon know ,if Donny doesn't play tomorrow, but Ajax should now say season starts tomorrow no more sales of star players.

Ajax wont let Schone and Donny go!

The agreement between Ajax and Donny was, that if a big club were to come and make a bid for him, he would be allowed to leave. This is pretty much a done deal. And with that in mind, Mazraoui can play in his position instead of right back. Which would be good for him.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 02, 2019 12:07 pm

While I would prefer for van de Beek to stay, the team is loaded with potential MFs. Neres, Ziyech, Tadic, Mazraoui, Ekkelenkamp, de Wit, and Lang could all play #10. that being said, I hate Madrid with a passion and never want any Ajax player to go there.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr aug 02, 2019 12:50 pm

It's Florentino Perez who wants to sign van de Beek, Zidane wants Pogba. Zidane is at loggerheads with Florentino Perez. I hope somehow Zidane wins! But unlikely, I mean if you are a football player, why would you go to a club, where there is unrest, and the coach wanted someone else instead of you!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 02, 2019 12:57 pm

Ayman schreef:It's Florentino Perez who wants to sign van de Beek, Zidane wants Pogba. Zidane is at loggerheads with Florentino Perez. I hope somehow Zidane wins! But unlikely, I mean if you are a football player, why would you go to a club, where there is unrest, and the coach wanted someone else instead of you!
The club is likely to have a train wreck of a season. They looked very poor in the pre-season matches and lots of people expect Zidane to be sacked if Madrid don't come out of the gates fast. Their defense is very fragile and the MF is old and slow. the only quality they have up front is Hazard and he cannot carry the club by himself.

If I were van de Beek, this is the last team I would want to go to.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr aug 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Possibly the worst moment for a star player to leave... 4 days before the crucial first leg champions league qualifier!!!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 02, 2019 3:04 pm

souras84 schreef:Possibly the worst moment for a star player to leave... 4 days before the crucial first leg champions league qualifier!!!
van de Beek has only noted that there is interest and some of what has been reported is not true. Overmars should slap a €60M price tag for the transfer. If Madrid are willing to pay that then the club should accept the transfer.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr aug 02, 2019 3:36 pm

Very bad idea for Donny. If he is plan B, what happens when Perez is able to sign Pogba in Jan or next summer? Donny will be a gloried sub.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za aug 03, 2019 2:47 pm

As if the transfer news wasn't bad enough. Lasse Schone is expected to sign a deal with Genoa till 2021, with an option of another year. according to Fabrizio Romano. What a player, an amazing guy, he has seen it all, been through it all. And contributed greatly! Lasse, Good luck!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 04, 2019 12:30 pm

I know we are always a selling club but we must now tell base players they cannot leave once we get to August and the season starts. Lasse is going and so is Donny. We are now losing 2 key players and need to buy quickly. If we were in the CL group stages no problem but we have 4 qualifiers for the rest of the month and I fear us not getting through.

Rumour from Madrid press we are only getting 50m! Sorry thats a joke,we should ask 70m thats what we want for Neres and Donny is no less a player.

If we are happy to let Donny and Lasse go at this stage then I wont be surprised if Neres and Ziyech still go and even Veltman wants out.

Dont get me wrong ,losing players to bigger leagues is a part of life in Ajax but not in August.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 04, 2019 7:05 pm

I wonder what type of agreement Overmars has with the players regarding transfers. I too don't think the club should let starting players leave once the season starts. It would be nice if the club had release clauses in contracts but I think that only is a feature in the Spanish league.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma aug 05, 2019 11:49 am

I think losing Donny would be worse for us than losing de Jong. de Jong is more stylish but Donny contributed more IMO.

@Orange what do you mean about release clauses?

I’ve said this before—when Ajax is signing players I think they should put it in their contracts, “Ajax doesn’t answer transfer requests after the first official match of the season” or something. Plenty of time to sort out a transfer before the season starts.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Tom_ schreef:
@Orange what do you mean about release clauses?

I’ve said this before—when Ajax is signing players I think they should put it in their contracts, “Ajax doesn’t answer transfer requests after the first official match of the season” or something. Plenty of time to sort out a transfer before the season starts.
A release clause, the amount of money that has to be paid to the team in order to break the contract, is part of the requirement in La Liga. I don't know all the ins and outs of this but there has been legal action taken by Athletico Madrid against Barcelona over the Griezman transfer. The release clause was €200M but it was set to drop to €120M as Griezman was entering the final year of his contract. Athleti claim that the transfer was agreed to this past spring before the player technically entered the last year of the contract and that Barca owed the full €200M. I suspect there will be a settlement of some type. Since the release clause is a standard part of the contract, players cannot force a transfer unless it is met (I'm not a lawyer so this is just my understanding.

EU laws have changed regarding player contracts and I know that there are clauses in some contracts where players have a right to a transfer if the team gets relegated (Juventus lost 4-5 players when they were demoted back in 2006 because of the scandal; Ibrahimovic was one of those who forced a transfer). there is also a mechanism for a player to force a transfer but I don't know how that works. I'm not sure that it is legal for Ajax to put a clause in contracts as you describe.

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyout_clause & https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... pa-neymar/

Tom_

Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Tom_ » ma aug 05, 2019 10:31 pm

Ok thanks. I basically assumed they were a way for players to force the club to sell if the amount was met. I never looked at it from the other way around, i.e. club *won’t* sell unless the amount is met.

PS I’ve always wondered why it’s legal for employers (clubs) to buy and sell staff (players) from other companies! Just seems odd. But I’m not a lawyer either.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 05, 2019 11:27 pm

Tom_ schreef:Ok thanks. I basically assumed they were a way for players to force the club to sell if the amount was met. I never looked at it from the other way around, i.e. club *won’t* sell unless the amount is met.

PS I’ve always wondered why it’s legal for employers (clubs) to buy and sell staff (players) from other companies! Just seems odd. But I’m not a lawyer either.
In US professional baseball, players are tied to the club for the first four years before they can become a free agent.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Lasse finally a Genoa player.Sorry to see him go but thanks for 7 great years,never moaned gave 100% every minute and I wish him and his family a happy time in Genoa.Hope he returns as a coach in the future.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za aug 10, 2019 7:46 am

Tom_ schreef:I think losing Donny would be worse for us than losing de Jong. de Jong is more stylish but Donny contributed more IMO...
My sentiments exactly. If you look back at one of my previous posts, I wrote that Barcelona might have regrets about which midfielder they took. (Although, looking at highlights of Barcelona preseason games, Frenkie looks to be doing quite well.)

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za aug 10, 2019 10:54 am

I hope there is truth to this latest piece https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/08/1 ... ntil-2020/ delaying the signing of van de Beek to 2020. It would make sense, since Real Madrid are struggling to offload players/midfielders to make room for new signings. Also they want to spend BIG on Neymar.
Furthermore, van de Beek is not only a key player, but he is the face of this current Ajax generation, he is the symbol of Ajax. Without him, it will feel empty, as if the Ajax team would lose it's soul.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Seems like he wont be going this month which is great news.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » za aug 10, 2019 1:17 pm

If Donny stays this year, I would like to see a prediction of the 20/21 team. Considering that Tagliafico, Neres, Ziyech, Donny and possibly some more will leave

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma aug 12, 2019 9:37 am

souras84 schreef:If Donny stays this year, I would like to see a prediction of the 20/21 team. Considering that Tagliafico, Neres, Ziyech, Donny and possibly some more will leave
But Donny even said talks/negotiations are ongoing between Ajax and Real Madrid, whatever that means. I would just love if the news of him leaving is postponed till another year.

Plaats reactie