Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

cdnajaxfan

Re: Yakubu wants out

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » za feb 12, 2005 1:43 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:Yakubu wants a permenent move to Vitesse apparently according to skysports.com:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... el=Holland
Hey, I just noticed that they have Trabelsi's picture instead of Yakubu's! Check it out!

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » za feb 12, 2005 1:52 pm

Well Trabelsi wants to leave Ajax too
I'M NOT A COMPLETE IDIOT!
...some parts are missing

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » zo feb 13, 2005 3:56 pm

Dr. Living Stoned schreef:Well Trabelsi wants to leave Ajax too
Couldn't have seen this one coming... ;)

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do feb 17, 2005 10:11 am

BPBlueSox schreef:
Dr. Living Stoned schreef:Well Trabelsi wants to leave Ajax too
Couldn't have seen this one coming... ;)
Various press reports are stating that Graeme Souness was at the ArenA last night, assessing Trabelsi......

It's still a shame that two of our best attackers (sic); Mr T. and Maxwell, will be leaving this summer....but it's not exactly a surprise.....the surprise will be if we if we have the right replacements in place for the start of next season.... :eusa_pray:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

cdnajaxfan

John O'Brien has left Ajax

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma feb 21, 2005 12:48 pm

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do feb 24, 2005 8:19 pm

I'd hope for replacements like Vincent Kompany for Mad Max..young and talented...and Jan Kromkamp...Oranje quality...replacing HT (halftime?), er Hatem Trabelsi.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di mar 01, 2005 3:03 pm

From Sky Sports.com:
Hiddink is looking for replacements for van Bommel. Apparently,
Simon Cziommer, who is on loan at Twente from Schalke, Heerenveen's Mika Vayrynen and Ajax midfielder Steven Pienaar have sprung to Hiddink's attention this term.

Here is the link:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... tball_Home

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo mar 23, 2005 11:11 am

According to Voetabal International, Maxwell has said in an interview that he does not foresee leaving Ajax this summer. He says given how badly he's performed he can't see a club from "the big eight" coming after him. He says his morale has been bad, despite the best effort of staff and team-mates to help him. He also says he was hurt by people saying that he had stopped trying because he was waiting for the big transfer in the summer.

Hmm....difficult to tell if this is a "come and get me" plea to the bigger clubs, or sincere. I guess I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as he's always struck me as a straight shooter...but then again I don't know what his agent has told him to say.

a) when does his contract run out?
b) who's his agent?
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo mar 23, 2005 11:53 am

Manneken Pis schreef: a) when does his contract run out?
b) who's his agent?
Contract til' 2006 I think, and his agent is Mino "Juve Man" Raiola

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 23, 2005 7:13 pm

There is an article about Maxwell in the April WorldSoccer. It says he has a clause in his contract that says the sell on price is a maximum £8.5M expires 2006 and all the top clubs after him etc.

Like VDV he is not placing his best and I am not sure he will go to one of the really big teams. I predict he will go to a Liverpool, Valencia Roma type of club and we wont get £8.5m for him.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 30, 2005 10:29 am

Some news from Voetbal International magazine about two of our loanees...

Heerenveen have postponed their decision on Victor Sikora. The left winger, still on an Ajax contract, is currently loaned out to the Frisian club, but he hasn't seen much action due to injuries. Heerenveen have the option to land him permanently, but want to see more of him first.

(For the record: I checked a Heerenveen fan forum the other day and the fans seem to have seen enough of him to conclude that Sikora is shit... I think they'll send him back to Ajax.)

Meanwhile in Arnhem...

Vitesse are very happy with Abubakari Yakubu, who's doing very well for them. The club would like to keep him (or even buy him), but as you may or may not know Vitesse have had some pretty serious financial problems in recent years. The city pretty much saved their arses, financially, and they now have to account for all of their expenses to the city council (they've pretty much been placed under the city's legal restraint).

VI reports that the supporters are now raising money for Yakubu (not sure for what: for extending the loan deal, for his wages...?). Anyways - nice gesture.

My gut feeling: Yakubu will still be in Arnhem next season - whereas Sikora will be with us, playing for Young Ajax...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 31, 2005 4:11 pm

Today is 'D-Day' at the ArenA... 'Can I Stay Or Can I Go' day, if you wish...

I published two news reports on Ajax USA today: this one and this one.

A quick round-up...

Out are...
- Yannis Anastasiou (contract not renewed)
- Cedric van der Gun (loaned out to Den Haag, no new deal)
- Pius Ikedia (loaned out to RBC, no new deal)
- Sebastian Rusculleda (loan, no contract offered)
- Gaston Sangoy (loan, no contract offered)
- Filipe Kasmirski (loan, no contract offered)
- Robert Zwinkels (Young Ajax, contract not renewed)
- Ruud Kras (Young Ajax, contract not renewed)

The ones to stay are...
- Rasmus Lindgren (new contract until 2007)
- Hans Vonk (new contract until 2006)
- Robin Muller van Moppes (Young Ajax, new deal until 2006)
- Niklas Moisander (Young Ajax, new deal until 2006)
- Henrik Moisander (Young Ajax, new deal until 2006)
- Etienne Esajas (Young Ajax, new deal until 2006)

(Please note that the ones who have been offered one year deals - Vonk, the Moisanders, Muller van Moppes and Esajas - have not actually signed their new deals just yet. However, they are all expected to do so).

We're still waiting for decisions about...
- Thomas Vermaelen (loaned out to RKC)
- Abubakari Yakubu (loaned out to Vitesse)
- Victor Sikora (loaned out to Heerenveen)
- Edgar Manucharyan (try-out, to be signed permanently...?)

It is a law in Holland that employees on a contract that expires in the summer season (not only footballers, but people working in the TV industry also have seasonal contracts) must be informed about their future before April 1st, otherwise the contract will be automatically extended for one year. That explains today's avalanche of team news... The contracts of players such as Vermaelen and Sikora will not yet expire this summer, so a decision about them does not have to be taken today.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do mar 31, 2005 4:32 pm

Seems that the big laundry we all needed is on its way. I guess it was pretty much time to lighten the ranks.... Which means more money for good players (from either the out- or the inside).

Let's hope this money will be spent with long term vision and vista.
meh :|

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do mar 31, 2005 5:19 pm

I hope that Yakubu will return, he's doing very well at Vitesse. And Yakubu is far better than Obodai.

Edgar Manchayan (or something) seems a huge talent, i saw him against the Barcelona friendly and was doing pretty well. Then he got injured and didn't show much, but the Ajax-scouts must be impressed.

Vermaelen is a bit of unknown to me, he's doing alright at RKC at the moment. But RKC is not a real testcase in my opinion.

Sikora --> get rid of that sucker!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do mar 31, 2005 5:33 pm

I guess ajax will be shopping this summer looking for a left back if Filipe´s not staying, i was also hoping for Songoy to get a contract just too have another southamerican around, but oh well maybe he just couldent cut it.
Yakubu would be good to see again but with Maduro having his big break and vittesse wanting too keep him badly i dont think he´ll be back
I sure hope Sikora stays in Friesland, i dont really know any off the rest well Lindgren was a keeper for sure after his debut and i have a feeling we should keep Vermealen although are luck with belgians has not been very good lately.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do mar 31, 2005 6:41 pm

It seems Ajax have made up their mind about defensive midfielders.Lindgren, Galasek,if healthy, and Maduro are in.Yakubu and Obadai are expendable IMHO. Sikora? Yo Victor,time to find a 4th division side somewhere.

I'm more concerned about the fullback slots and replacing Rafael van der Vaart with someone who will work AND has a scoring touch.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do mar 31, 2005 6:45 pm

Also, find a striker worth a tinker's damn if Babel is to play on the left..or as cover for him. Charisteas ? His form depends on what day of the week it is.i think he was a panic buy,albeit of decent quality.

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » vr apr 01, 2005 9:40 am

The deadline for Ajax to tell Vitesse they want Yakubu back has expired last night. Vitesse now has first option to buy him for 750.000 Euro's. Since they don't have the money fans are currently trying to bring the money together...
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 01, 2005 5:47 pm

Not surprised with any of the names released except possibly Filipe.

I think Obodai will go but he is one of about 7/8 players whose contracts are up in 2006 that the club will need to decide next.

Big question which goalie will go? I believe Lobont will go .The club might keep him for one for more season and let Steks out on loan . I still see Steks as the long term goalie.

PS On the list of loaned out players Quanseh still has one more year of contract.Surely the club can pay him off rather than loan him out for what must be a record 4th year.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 01, 2005 9:46 pm

SPL schreef:PS On the list of loaned out players Quanseh still has one more year of contract.Surely the club can pay him off rather than loan him out for what must be a record 4th year.
SPL, you're amazing... You know 'em all by heart... You could be the Ajax treasurer...

I totally forgot about Quansah; he's not even on the Ajax.nl list of loaned out players:
http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=112862/nodb=true

Which makes me wonder: why isn't he on it? Did we miss anything? Was his contract dissolved or something?

He was loaned out to Heracles and still plays there:
http://www.heraclesalmelo.nl/clubinfo/s ... p3?id=1759

But his loan deal at Heracles will expire at season's end, so indeed: you would have expected Ajax to announce a decision about his future also... but they didn't. Strange...

Does anyone know anything? What will happen to this guy next season? His Ajax contract will expire in 2006...

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma apr 11, 2005 11:32 am

On the trip home last night I was chatting with a scout from Bolton Wanderers who had been at the game (he had also attended games at ADO and Heerenveen over the weekend) to report back on the AZ number 9.
In passing he did say though that Arsenal (ie Wenger) is very keen to sign Maxwell if (probably when) Ashley Cole goes to Chelski. Apparently Wenger is a very big fan of Maxwell's.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » ma apr 11, 2005 11:59 am

Great news! That means we're going to get some good money for him. Now just hope that Cole leaves Arsenal soon so the negotiations can begin!
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Eric

Bericht door Eric » ma apr 11, 2005 12:04 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:On the trip home last night I was chatting with a scout from Bolton Wanderers who had been at the game (he had also attended games at ADO and Heerenveen over the weekend) to report back on the AZ number 9.
In passing he did say though that Arsenal (ie Wenger) is very keen to sign Maxwell if (probably when) Ashley Cole goes to Chelski. Apparently Wenger is a very big fan of Maxwell's.
What are the requirements for a non-EU player to get a working permit in the UK?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma apr 11, 2005 12:17 pm

Eric schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:On the trip home last night I was chatting with a scout from Bolton Wanderers who had been at the game (he had also attended games at ADO and Heerenveen over the weekend) to report back on the AZ number 9.
What are the requirements for a non-EU player to get a working permit in the UK?
A player must play in a certain percentage of their national team's games over the last year (I think the number is 60 or 70%). Failing that, the team can appeal the Home Office for an exception.

I think that's how it works, but I'm not 100%.

Eric

Bericht door Eric » ma apr 11, 2005 12:23 pm

Then Maxwell would most probably never get a permit if he is not seen as 'an exception'.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

Plaats reactie