Ajax Youth & Amateurs

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr apr 25, 2008 7:18 pm

Azeri schreef:
Peter schreef:This means that this lad is a good one?
This just means that this lad is Venezuelan :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Give him a chance boys,besides, the simple fact that Ajax gives a tryout to someone from my country is enough to make me jump.

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ibs2JQWg9M

Its pretty long and not very good but it has footage from his junior years but he is 18 right now and one of the top Venezuelan prospects.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr apr 25, 2008 8:47 pm

I just think it is nice to see that we are looking beyond Groningen for talent.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 29, 2008 6:26 pm

The European under 17 championships take place in Turkey from May 4th to 16th.and of the Dutch squad of 18, 7 are from Ajax. Eurosport on sky
is showing the games. Hollandv Turkey 4th,Serbia 7th and Scotland on 10th
I note they are showing repeats of the games.

The 7 ajax kids are Roly Bonevacia, Lorenzo Burnet,Geoffrey Castillion,
Lorenzo Ebecilio, Ricardo Van Rhijn and Rodney Sneijder all of whom have been given contracts with the club plus Dico Koppers, who is only just 16 and an Under 16 player and International this season who obviously is very good to be promoted to the next age group early.

Hope some of you catch some games and we can see what the future of Ajax is!!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di apr 29, 2008 6:58 pm

SPL schreef:The European under 17 championships take place in Turkey from May 4th to 16th.and of the Dutch squad of 18, 7 are from Ajax. Eurosport on sky

Lorenzo Ebecilio, Ricardo Van Rhijn and Rodney Sneijder all of whom have been given contracts with the club plus Dico Koppers, who is only just 16 and an Under 16 player and International this season who obviously is very good to be promoted to the next age group early.

I would really like to take a look at little Rodney Sneijder...Wesley's younger brother....some people say he' san exact carbon copy of his older brother.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

kraz11
Contacteer:

Bericht door kraz11 » zo mei 04, 2008 6:49 pm

SPL schreef:The European under 17 championships take place in Turkey from May 4th to 16th.and of the Dutch squad of 18, 7 are from Ajax. Eurosport on sky

Just saw the last 20 minutes of the turkey-holland game and the dutch
were quite horrible
though Castillion looks strong and impressive

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 04, 2008 11:43 pm

They lost 3-0. Will look at the highlights tomorrow as 5 Ajax kids played!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma mei 05, 2008 2:05 am

SPL schreef:They lost 3-0. Will look at the highlights tomorrow as 5 Ajax kids played!
Well that cant be good..... :confused.gif:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Dutch U17'S Beat Serbia 1-0 with Castillion of AJAX scoring the only goal.
If they beat Scotland on Saturday they should reach the semis.

6 out of the 7 Ajax kids played today, only the youngster 16 year old Dico Koppers has not got on the park of the Ajax 7.

KNVB.nl give details in Dutch but for us English speaking UEFA.com has excellent coverage.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 08, 2008 2:36 pm

An article from Wesley Sneijder states that when Real madrid came courting his little brother Rodney he told Real to lay off and told his brother to stay at Ajax, where he would get in the first team easier and he could go off to Real once he was an established player. Wesley does not agree with kids going off abroad to big clubs.

Well done Wesley.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Dutch U 17's beat Scotland 2-0 and qualify for the semis. May well play either Spain or France.

I watched most of the game , in between gardening!!! Castillion and Van Rhijn scored, both of course are Ajax boys. With Ebecilio coming on as a sub again it meant we had 6 Ajax lads in action. Only Ajax lad who has not seen any action is Dico Koppers, who is a year younger than the others.

Hard to judge kids at that age , Sneijder looks ok , Castillion is avery big striker who clearly has an eye for goal.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 13, 2008 10:47 am

Holland U17's play Spain in the European U17's semi tonight. It is on Eurosport Ko 20.00CET 19.00BST.As previously stated 6 young Ajax kids have played already.

The striker Geoffrey Castillion was quoted on eurogoals last night by Tim Cable, who commentates on Dutch games on channel 5 and is knowledgable on Dutch soccer. Showing the Suarez goal from saturday he said he will have to step up and take the leading role next season possibly with Castillion, whom Van Basten rates highly.

I will also mention that the Dutch U19's have 3 Euro qualifying games coming up and 3 of our lads are in the squad, Anita, who was only 19 last month (as he seems to have been around for along time.) In addition
Daley Blind and Christian Supusepa both regulars in our A1 youth team are picked.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 14, 2008 11:50 am

Holland U17 lost 2-1 to spain U17 in last nights semi.The game went to extra time.

Sneijder scored a good goal and I was impressed with all the 5 Ajax kids who started. Castillion looks a good prospect as a striker but the commentator talking about him being in our first team next season is a little premature. Snejder and Bonevacia look good in midfield and in defence Burnet at left back and Van Rhijn in the centre all have futures hopefully in our first team .The 6th Ajax kid Ebecilio came on for as a sub and played as an attacking midfielder.

The Spanish had 7 starters from Barcelona's youth so the Dutch did well.

Spain play France in Fridays final.

Next up is the Dutch U20's in Toulon next week with all games on eurosport.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 14, 2008 6:53 pm

This is the time of the year when the 19 year olds who do not get a contract look for other clubs. We have about 8 such players who have all played in our A1 , senior youth team this year and are now 19 or nearly 19
and have been released.

4 of these lads are already fixed up with decent clubs.

Kevin Huijsman a left back and central defender Ismo Vorstermans have joined Utrecht and Darryl Lachman, a defender and Frank Olijve , a midfielder, have joined Groningen.

Olijve, unlike the other 3 has played regularly for the A1's this season and the article confirming his going says that the signing of South African Daylon Claassen is the possible reason why Olijve has not been offered a
contract.I hope this Claassen turns out ok as the current SA Lewis has not set the reserves alight in the 2 years he has been here!

I am probably talking nonsense , as usual , but I bet in 3 years time Claassen has dissappeared back to SA and Olijve is a regular in the Dutch league.

We do have a lot of young midfielders with Sarpong Anita Donald Hasselbaink plus Van Der Heijden and Blind can both play midfield.And of course Sneijder and Bonevacia look good at U17 and will surely break through to our reserves in the next year.

With 36 in our A1 and A2 squads ie 18 and 19 year olds it is not easy to decide on who to give contracts to unless someone really sticks out.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 14, 2008 8:00 pm

SPL said:
With 36 in our A1 and A2 squads ie 18 and 19 year olds it is not easy to decide on who to give contracts to unless someone really sticks out.

Yeah I agree...it can be a bit of a gamble sometimes.....but hopefully...it would be for the right reasons i.e. A dilemma that every coach wants

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do mei 15, 2008 11:38 am

Hmm considering Van Basten will give Slingaard a chance next season, I hope more youth get that chance as well. Sarpong, Goossens, VD Heijden in particular. These names are rather "big" in our youth and they should be given the chance to live up to it.
Get a Cock

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do mei 15, 2008 3:38 pm

I think we're going to be seeing a lot more of the youth (this years and next years) playing first team next season. Mostly because I think next season, and probably the one after, will not go as well as the last few. I think it really all depends on who we lose and who we purchase. I'm more optimistic if we can hold on to big players (like Huntelaar, Suarez) but if we don't replace them and fix the problems we already have, it's going to get worse.

I think the worse things go, the more willing the team will be to take risks; the end result will probably be putting some of the youth into action. I think van Basten as a product, is also more willing to take a chance on someone (more so than ten Cate and Koster have). It seems that there was a breakthrough a few years ago with a lot of young players (van der Vaart/Babel/Sneijder/Emmanuelson/Maduro) that came about because of not so spectacular results, something I think may repeat itself.

Maybe I should be more optimistic and hope they can breakthrough as part of a successful season otherwise.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do mei 15, 2008 3:51 pm

van Basten wasn't scared to try some youth and/or inexperienced players in the Dutch squad, I hope he is willing to do the same for Ajax.

Who knows what talent may be found.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 18, 2008 9:47 am

The Ajax Saturday-1 amateurs have won the cup for their district, by beating Hollandia (from Hoorn) in the final at De Toekomst: 3-1 after extra time (1-1 after regulation). Goals from Kurdo Mohamad, Sergio Cameron and Marc Stuut.

Here's a photo report on Ajax.nl:
http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154417/contentid=66508

The Saturday-1 amateurs are doing the club proud, I must say. For years in a row they've done exceptionally well: in the cup, but especially by consistently playing in the top flight of Dutch amateur football, the Hoofdklasse.

Hang on, you may be thinking: they're not even competing for the title in the Hoofdklasse, they're normally in the bottom half of the table... what's so great about that?

Let me explain. Most Hoofdklasse clubs are only amateur clubs in theory. They pay their players good money and in many cases they have bigger attendances and bigger budgets than First Division clubs.

The ironic fact is that the amateur sections of professional clubs (Ajax are not the only club with an amateur section) do not pay their players at all. The amateur teams of professional clubs really are unpaid amateurs. There is hardly any such thing as a budget. No management. The only things the Ajax amateur section can offer the players are great facilities (De Toekomst) and the Ajax jersey. But no cash. No cars.

And it shows: the amateur sections of other professional clubs (including PSV) have never played in the Hoofdklasse. They're First Class or lower and can't compete with the semi-professional organizations that many of Holland's bigger amateur clubs are. The Ajax amateurs are the exception to the rule: they made it to the Hoofdklasse and they're still there, quite probably with the only squad of true amateurs in their league.

Great work. Keep it up, Saturday-1.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 03, 2008 11:19 am

The Ajax season is not officially over until this Saturday! It is youth cup finals day in Almere at Omniworld. I see our A1 and talented B1 team of Rodney Sneijder are playing. Would note that our under 15's C1 team are playing and they have several kids who have played for Dutch U15.

Is anybody making the short trip from Amsterdam to Almere on saturday?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jun 20, 2008 6:17 pm

19 year old Renaldo Jongbloet a striker has signed to 2010. He scored alot of goals up to Christmas with the A2's and then played and scored goals for the A1 , senior youth . He also played for the reserves a couple of times at the end of the season.

Another local boy again.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 13, 2008 5:23 pm

I see 17 yr old Greek goalie is training with our first team . He is likely to start the season in our A2 youth team.

Gentenaar is injured Vermeer in China. Of the 2 reseerve goalies Padt is injured and Ouwerkerk appears unavailable . The A1 youth team are in a tourny in Spain and the 2 senior youth goalies Marco Bizet and Danny Burger are over there so young Kostas is training with Steks and the first team.

The A1 team in Spain lost 1-0 to Real Madrid , 3-0 Kashiwa Japan and 2-2 with Liverpool . They beat Guarani Brazil 1-0 for 7th place.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 24, 2008 8:31 am

Good result for the Ajax A1: a hard-fought 2-1 win against Feyenoord, booked with ten men.

Ajax took a 1-0 lead (goal from Florian Jozefzoon) and were totally dominant in the first half. Feyenoord converted what was pretty much their first chance immediately after the break. Then, Ricardo van Rijn was sent off (second yellow, 50th minute). But Ajax remained the better side, hit the woodwork twice and sealed the win in the 75th minute. Goal from Rodney Sneijder (indeed: younger brother!).

Coach Frank de Boer was almost constantly standing by the sideline in the dying minutes, fanatically coaching his (ten) boys. Nice one.

K.
Still alive...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo sep 24, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks for the update and please continue to provide more as the season goes on. It's hard over here finding results and I'm interested to see how some of these players progress!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo sep 24, 2008 8:54 pm

Evidently Juventus have watched our A1 team and want Marvin Zeegelaar, 18 year old left winger.

He is not under contract with us but if Juve get him they have no reserve team so what football will he play?Would imagine we might give him a contract if we think he is any good. In the Fword game we had 7 players under contract and Zeegelaar only played 70 mins .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 15, 2008 12:30 pm

Reading an article on goal.com about some Serbian kid going to Manu.on trial.

Article stated the kids club Partizan are rated the 2nd most productive youth system in Europe by FIFA.And the most productive youth sytem in Europe according to FIFA. AJAX of course.Still great to see such things in print.Just hope we can bring through some real talents and keep them for a few years !!

Plaats reactie