Ajacieden in Oranje

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

sonicdream

Bericht door sonicdream » wo feb 09, 2005 8:22 pm

Ridders DID try to impress a little, I must admit.

But by that time Young Oranje was already leading 0-2.

BUT he was mostly very effective, even when he played left wing occasionally during the 2nd half.

Most of his passes/crosses were accurate and timely, and yes - he even ran back to defend on a few occasions...

Just my two cents as they say...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 09, 2005 9:17 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Where? Midfield? Or do you displace Rosales?
Can be both!

You can create a spot for him in midfield:

Vonk; Trabelsi, Heitinga, Escudé, Maxwell; De Jong, De Ridder, Pienaar; Rosales, Charisteas, Mitea.

Or upfront: De Ridder, Charisteas, Rosales.

The latter option sounds particularly good to me, as it is a legitimate way to keep Mitea out of the team. The poor kid looks like he's never played football before these days.

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » wo feb 09, 2005 9:40 pm

Didn't you post in another thread that Rosales shouldn't be put on the left? I think it was in the Dutch Ajax - ADO thread, if I remember correctly.

But as a Feyenoord-fan, I'd love to see De Ridder in the line-up. The kid is utter shite!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo feb 09, 2005 9:56 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
Where? Midfield? Or do you displace Rosales?

I agree, if he's in form...God knows we need all the help we can get....but how do you fit the pieces of the puzzle together?
Remember that De Ridder is a natural n°10, not a winger, so indeed he could play as a midfielder.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do feb 10, 2005 12:24 am

Good to see Maduro playing at this level. He must have been one of the only players on the park who has never played a league game.

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » do feb 10, 2005 12:45 am

Steef schreef:Didn't you post in another thread that Rosales shouldn't be put on the left? I think it was in the Dutch Ajax - ADO thread, if I remember correctly.

But as a Feyenoord-fan, I'd love to see De Ridder in the line-up. The kid is utter shite!
Ko was more upset by that fat toad trying Pienaar again as a Right Winger than the option to put Rosales on the Left Wing-position. On top of that he tried Babel as supporting man, so there were more than enough No-no's to get Ko furious. Also if remembered correctly.
I'M NOT A COMPLETE IDIOT!
...some parts are missing

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do feb 10, 2005 2:52 am

Where did de Ridder play against England? Wing?

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do feb 10, 2005 6:23 am

you have to feel a little for de ridder. he does have a fair bit of talent, but how can you show it week in week out if:
a. you don't get selected
b. you get selected in the subs but never come on
c. you get selected as a sub and only have a run for the last 5 min of a game so you dont get a chance to do anything?

If Rosales wasn't playing, i would still be surprised if koeman picked de ridder anyway...give the kid a decent chance before he decides to leave.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

England - Holland: 0-0

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 10, 2005 7:36 am

I think this was quite a good result for Holland. If you look at the team England fielded and the team Holland fielded... Their team was definitely closer to their 'strongest possible line-up'. Most of the stars were there, whereas we were missing most of ours. And I think Holland played quite well. They got stuck in. Not bad.

Hell - I thought Van der Vaart had a good game! No kidding.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do feb 10, 2005 9:05 am

I agree. I thought vdv, while not doing anything spectacular, actually gave 100% the entire game. Its the most positive I have seen him play for some time. was also impressed with Kromkamp (even though he isn't form ajax!). thought heitinga was a bit disappointing.

Frans

Re: England - Holland: 0-0

Bericht door Frans » do feb 10, 2005 9:07 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I think this was quite a good result for Holland. If you look at the team England fielded and the team Holland fielded... Their team was definitely closer to their 'strongest possible line-up'. Most of the stars were there, whereas we were missing most of ours. And I think Holland played quite well. They got stuck in. Not bad.

K.
England had at least their top 4 centre-backs out of the game, and still Makaay was practically anonymous. I would have expected some goals with the respective defences that were on display, not to mention the attacking talent.

A full strength 'Oranje' squad would easily hold it's own with the best I think, especially if Stam got his act together and made himself available.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 10, 2005 10:06 am

Frans schreef:England had at least their top 4 centre-backs out of the game.
Yeah, okay, so they were missing a few of their best defenders John Terry and Sol Campbell, but still: Gary Neville, Ashley Cole, Carragher... that's still very much a serious England defense, whereas Holland played with Boulahrouz, Mathijsen and Kromkamp, who are hardly more then debutants (I think they only played in a couple of friendlies and possibly a real game against some small-timer). Holland's defense was almost entirely new.

Meanwhile, England played with their first choice midfielders (Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard) and forwards (Owen, Rooney), whereas Holland missed Davids and Van Nistelrooy. Very unusual for Oranje: of the thirteen players used, nine are playing in the Dutch Eredivisie. That must have been quite a long time ago.

Although the game wasn't spectacular, I think Holland looked surprisingly 'solid' and 'mature' for an 'Eredivisie team'. Well done.

And yeah: Jan Kromkamp is a good player. An option for next season to replace Trabelsi...?

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do feb 10, 2005 10:25 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Although the game wasn't spectacular, I think Holland looked surprisingly 'solid' and 'mature' for an 'Eredivisie team'. Well done.

And yeah: Jan Kromkamp is a good player. An option for next season to replace Trabelsi...?
K.
Kromkamp meets the requirements. attacking minded PLUS he can actually defend. That would make a nice change to the ajax line-up ;) OK so that was a bit harsh to Escude.

I think your right also about the 'Eredvisie team' looking solid. I always felt that if they needed to they could have easily lifted a gear. The game was fairly dull overall though, but thats friendlies for you.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do feb 10, 2005 3:03 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:And yeah: Jan Kromkamp is a good player. An option for next season to replace Trabelsi...?

K.
Isn't De Jong enough replacement for Trabelsi? The few times I saw him playing as right back I was very impressed.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » do feb 10, 2005 3:11 pm

jakobg schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:And yeah: Jan Kromkamp is a good player. An option for next season to replace Trabelsi...?

K.
Isn't De Jong enough replacement for Trabelsi? The few times I saw him playing as right back I was very impressed.
I totally agree with you. I think he has better defensive skills than Trabelsi and also has more technical skills. I think de Jong can even be better than Trabelsi on that position.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » do feb 10, 2005 3:43 pm

jakobg schreef:Isn't De Jong enough replacement for Trabelsi? The few times I saw him playing as right back I was very impressed.
I don't like the guy as a RB. Think he's much more useful in a attacking role. I think he's better as Pienaar.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

De Jong

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 10, 2005 4:16 pm

As long as De Jong doesn't play central defender he's great indeed...

But I agree with the Doc: I like him better as a midfielder (right midfielder, preferably) than as a defender (or fullback).But he's very versatile, that's for sure. The sad thing for De Jong is that he seems to be the best second man for many positions... That's why he spends so much time on the bench these days. Aron Winter had kind of the same problem in the 1980s.

K.
Still alive...

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » do feb 10, 2005 4:48 pm

Aron was even useful then as he was in 1999-2002. There were, as there were in the 80's much better players, but the difference was they didn't play for Ajax.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 08, 2005 2:23 pm

Wow - talking about a meteoric career...

Oranje boss Marco van Basten did not only select De Jong, Stekelenburg, Heitinga, Van der Vaart and Sneijder for the World Cup qualifiers against Romania (Bucharest, 26 March) and Armenia (Eindhoven, 30 March), but also Ryan Babel and Hedwiges Maduro!

Babel was more or less expected to be selected, due to Arjen Robben's injury. Van Basten thinks Babel can be an alternative for the left wing. But Maduro...? Wow - that's a tremendous surprise.

Mind you, we're talking about a 'pre-selection' here. A few players will drop out on 18 March, when Van Basten will announce his definitive squad for the two qualifiers. Maduro is expected to be one of them, but he's absolutely over the moon with his pre-selection.

Seven Ajacieden, all under 23 and emerged from the Ajax youth system, in Oranje. That's a very good sign.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mar 08, 2005 2:40 pm

Not totally surprised re: either selection. Koeman(my last mention,I promise) deciding to play him on the left, Babel's positive attitude about the switch, high level of play, and the match-up problems he presents for opponents must've had his former coach smiling ear to ear.

I've had the pleasure of watching Hedwiges Maduro play for Jong Ajax 5 times.You could tell that all the kid needed was a chance to break thru.With Ajax, it's usually due to injury.He's versatile(center back or #6),pacy, and I thought he was quite good in the air.Not surprised MvB ,etc..will run a ruler over him.Another example of a coach being well acquainted with a player before hand.

Zitgaar
Contacteer:

Bericht door Zitgaar » di mar 08, 2005 3:21 pm

I have to say: wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » di mar 08, 2005 5:24 pm

Totally stupid! these young guys are not ready for this at all! I hope it won't go to their head!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo mar 23, 2005 2:57 pm

Sp!ts reports that it doesn't expect a single Ajacied in the Oranje starting eleven for Saturday's away gamev; Romania. According to their analysis there isn't a single position where another player isn't more in form. Any Stattos out there know how long it's been since that happened?

Based on Sunday's debacle, I for one can't really argue with that.... :sad:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 23, 2005 3:21 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Sp!ts reports that it doesn't expect a single Ajacied in the Oranje starting eleven for Saturday's away gamev; Romania. According to their analysis there isn't a single position where another player isn't more in form. Any Stattos out there know how long it's been since that happened?
They're just writing that so that they can attack Van Basten if he does play an Ajax player...

That's what we do (us, journalists...).

K.
Still alive...

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » wo mar 23, 2005 3:33 pm

All journalists are scum...ehm, except for Ko. :D

Plaats reactie