Ajacieden in Oranje

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Ajacieden in Oranje

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 03, 2005 3:20 pm

Stekelenburg has lost his spot, but Van der Vaart, Sneijder and Heitinga have been called up by Marco van Basten for Holland's 09 February friendly in Birmingham, against England.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Ajacieden in Oranje

Bericht door Blind3 » do feb 03, 2005 7:40 pm

Speaking of England v. Holland, my esteeemed colleague, Raimond van der Ngiau by name, told me that Fox Sports World will carry the U-21 match next Tuesday and the Senior Friendly next Wednesday.IIRC, the times were 15.00 and 14.30 respectively,EST, in the States.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do feb 03, 2005 9:11 pm

:cheer: Aren't Vermeer, Maduro & Emanuelson in the under -21 ?? Hoping to see them in action on tuesday.

DanK

Re: Ajacieden in Oranje

Bericht door DanK » za feb 05, 2005 3:40 am

Blind3 schreef:Speaking of England v. Holland, my esteeemed colleague, Raimond van der Ngiau by name, told me that Fox Sports World will carry the U-21 match next Tuesday and the Senior Friendly next Wednesday.IIRC, the times were 15.00 and 14.30 respectively,EST, in the States.
For those that live in the Asia Pacific region, ESPN (pacific rim) are showing the game live from 6:30 am Melbourne Time Thursday morning...and to relate this back to Ajax players (or in this case former ajax players). Davids has been overlooked:
http://www.soccer365.com/EUROPEAN_NEWS/ ... 0857.shtml

Frans

Bericht door Frans » za feb 05, 2005 10:26 am

The squad seems strangely light on talent in the front line. No RvN. No Van Hooijdonk. No Robben. Hopefully Makaay takes his chance to impress.
From having four frontline strikers at euro2004, to just one. Things had better pick up before the qualifying for the world cup restarts.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za feb 05, 2005 10:45 am

sometime too many strikers can be a bad thing. makaay as a lone striker up front is as good as anything around europe at the moment. as you said "Hopefully Makaay takes his chance to impress"...a hat-trick would be nice :)

Robben is a big gap to fill though.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za feb 05, 2005 11:44 am

DanK schreef:For those that live in the Asia Pacific region, ESPN (pacific rim) are showing the game live from 6:30 am Melbourne Time Thursday morning...
Awesome, wonder if I can be bothered to get up at 6, drive round to my parents' house and watch it...

[EDITED TO MAKE MYSELF LOOK LESS STUPID]

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » za feb 05, 2005 12:24 pm

Ko, maybe I'm just a teaser but your topic title is in dutch, maybe the dutchies know what "Oranje" [Orange=thr nickname of our national team] is, but is "Ajacieden" a known word in America?

Welcome by the way to all AjaxUSA members, nice to have you aboard. :xyxthumbs:
I'M NOT A COMPLETE IDIOT!
...some parts are missing

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » za feb 05, 2005 12:30 pm

Isn't Nigel de Jong another Ajax-player that wasn't called up by Holland's boss?

Frans

Bericht door Frans » za feb 05, 2005 2:54 pm

Chugger schreef:
DanK schreef:For those that live in the Asia Pacific region, ESPN (pacific rim) are showing the game live from 6:30 am Melbourne Time Thursday morning...
Awesome, wonder if I can be bothered to get up at 6, drive round to my parents' house and watch it...
Day off work, sleep in till 8.30. Watch the game. (provided of course the decoder doesn't screw up like it did for the Ajax-Bayern game.)
Laatst gewijzigd door Frans op ma feb 21, 2005 9:08 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » zo feb 06, 2005 12:37 am

Dr. Living Stoned schreef:Ko, maybe I'm just a teaser but your topic title is in dutch, maybe the dutchies know what "Oranje" [Orange=thr nickname of our national team] is, but is "Ajacieden" a known word in America?

Welcome by the way to all AjaxUSA members, nice to have you aboard. :xyxthumbs:
First of all, thanks for the welcoming and thanks for letting us be here.

As for Ajacieden, we don't know the word, but when we start following Ajax and speaking to Dutches, we learn what it means. :headbang:

Btw, for the ones expecting Makaay to make use of his chance, I have heard he does not have one. Word is Kuijt is starting. If this is true, that is crazy!

Frans

Bericht door Frans » zo feb 06, 2005 3:52 am

astabooty schreef:
Btw, for the ones expecting Makaay to make use of his chance, I have heard he does not have one. Word is Kuijt is starting. If this is true, that is crazy!
I'd expect Kuijt to start on the wing, not as the central striker. He played well on the wing against the czechs.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo feb 06, 2005 8:09 am

Cant believe that Holland wouldn't use Makaay as the main striker. They have overlooked him for far too long. He is probably the #1 in the world at the moment and has been one of the top strikers for some time now.

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » zo feb 06, 2005 12:02 pm

i think kuijt and makaay both start. Makaay as deepest stiker, and kuijt as a supporting man. Kuijt is very good in picking up and passing the ball towards the deepest striker.
Its like playin as Ajax did in the time that Marco was a player of Ajax. Makaay in the Marco role, Kuijs as a new Johnny Bosman. Not a bad idea.

Further more the absence of Davids gives VDV a new change. He grew a lot as a midfielder last few months. and while his name doesn't appear on the scoresheets as often as it did he is really back! A very hard working midfielder. Don't say vicious, he isn't mean, he just wants to win.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young England - Young Holland: 1-2

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 09, 2005 9:45 am

Young Oranje (the Holland U-21 team coached by Foppe de Haan) have won their friendly away game against Young England: 1-2. The name of Fulham's Collins John may sound English, but the kid is Dutch. He gave Holland the lead in the first half at Derby County's home ground. Vitesse's Eldridge Rojer made it 0-2. After the break England pulled a goal back (header by Leroy Lita), but that was it. Holland's win was well deserved.

As for the Ajacieden: Daniël de Ridder played the full 90 and Young Ajax's Hedwiges Maduro was brought on as a substitute to play the final 15 minutes. Former Ajacied Boy Waterman (now playing for Heerenveen) was in goal.

K.
Still alive...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo feb 09, 2005 10:36 am

Saw the game on Sky last night, and I have to say I was toataly impressed by Daniel De Ridder. He had an outstanding game and was much the best man on the field of either team. The SKY commentators were also deeply impressed, as I suspect were the legions of EPL scouts in the stands. The best performance I've ever seen him give. He appears to have learned how to cross the ball accurately - which is good.

Also excellent was Nicky Hofs, he bossed midfield for much of the game, however towards the end his temprament started to get the better of him, and he lost the plot somewhat, allowing England back into the game. He was yellow carded, but he really should have been sent off for an assault on Richardson. If Hofs can learn to control his temper he could be a valuable asset for Ajax in midfield at some date in the future.

Just fyi, Boy Waterman was a total catastrophy in goal. I can't remember the last time I saw a goally who looked that terrified.

He has two responses to crosses...

1. To try and punch (or flap, I should say) at them, and completely miss.

Or

2. To try and catch them, and drop the ball at the opponents feat.

If the England strikers had been half awake, he would have gifted them 3 or 4 goals.

An embarrasment to the nation.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 09, 2005 11:29 am

The Purple Cow schreef:Just fyi, Boy Waterman was a total catastrophy in goal. I can't remember the last time I saw a goally who looked that terrified.
Can't say I'm surprised. I was never too impressed with him in the Ajax youth. Then he moved to Heerenveen and made his Eredivisie début in their home game against Ajax. He looked terrified indeed and seemed very insecure on high balls.

Didn't stop them from hammering us 4-1, btw. :X

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 09, 2005 11:31 am

The Purple Cow schreef:Saw the game on Sky last night, and I have to say I was toataly impressed by Daniel De Ridder. He had an outstanding game and was much the best man on the field of either team. The SKY commentators were also deeply impressed, as I suspect were the legions of EPL scouts in the stands. The best performance I've ever seen him give. He appears to have learned how to cross the ball accurately - which is good.
This is nice to hear.

Errr, no, it's not nice to hear. Because Ronald F. Koeman keeps refusing to give the guy a shot - and will continue to do so.

Ridders must play! Now is the moment.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo feb 09, 2005 12:19 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: This is nice to hear.

Errr, no, it's not nice to hear. Because Ronald F. Koeman keeps refusing to give the guy a shot - and will continue to do so.

Ridders must play! Now is the moment.

K.
Where? Midfield? Or do you displace Rosales?

I agree, if he's in form...God knows we need all the help we can get....but how do you fit the pieces of the puzzle together?
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo feb 09, 2005 12:29 pm

De Ridder can also play on the midfield or even as a left winger

---------------Lobont--------------
-Trabelsi-----Escude-------O'Brien

--------------Heitinga--------------
---de Ridder--------------Vaart---
---- (Pienaar)
--------------Sneijder-------------

Rosales------------------Boukhari
------------------------- (de Ridder)
---------------Babel---------------
I think I lost my fucking headache

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » wo feb 09, 2005 12:51 pm

Lucas, De Ridder's a right winger, not left, Rosales can play as left winger too.

Feest

Bericht door Feest » wo feb 09, 2005 1:01 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Saw the game on Sky last night, and I have to say I was toataly impressed by Daniel De Ridder. He had an outstanding game and was much the best man on the field of either team. The SKY commentators were also deeply impressed, as I suspect were the legions of EPL scouts in the stands. The best performance I've ever seen him give. He appears to have learned how to cross the ball accurately - which is good.

The guy was utter crap! He was clearly trying to impress scouts with useless step-vers, nutmegs and keeping the ball at his feet for as long as he could every time he received a pass. He didn't once deliver a useful cross and didn't care about tactical organization or defending back.

But I guess to those without much soccer-knowledge it looked fairly impressive. :nooo:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 09, 2005 1:07 pm

Steef schreef: But I guess to those without much soccer-knowledge it looked fairly impressive. :nooo:
Can you please behave normally, Steef...?

This is not the way to discuss something - and you know it.

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » wo feb 09, 2005 1:11 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Steef schreef: But I guess to those without much soccer-knowledge it looked fairly impressive. :nooo:
Can you please behave normally, Steef...?

This is not the way to discuss something - and you know it.

K.
It's early and I'm waiting on my cofffee - sorry!

Nonetheless, De Ridder was a complete waste.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo feb 09, 2005 1:14 pm

I just think you are completely wrong.

As do all the Sky commentators and post match analysts, btw.

Plaats reactie