Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Other Eredivisie Teams

Bericht door Orange14 » za feb 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Vitesse very poor, losing to Twente 0-2. van Aanholt gets a well deserved Red card and will miss the Feyenoord match next week. Looks like they are on the ropes now.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo feb 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Vitesse will not play feyemoord next week.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Cruijff schreef:Vitesse will not play feyemoord next week.
Correct, Twente play our Rotterdam neighbors next week. Also, I missed the news that Ronald Koeman will not renew his contract at Feyenoord for next season. Probably the right thing to do as he is really not a very good manager.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo feb 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Orange14 schreef:Probably the right thing to do as he is really not a very good manager.
Absolutely, he's been a car crash everywhere he's gone (Fword is actually the least catastrophic).

To think that the KNVB were talking to him about the national coach position is just hallucinogenic.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 16, 2014 7:43 pm

If Fword can do us a favour and beat Twente and we beat AZ we could be 7 points clear this time next week!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di feb 18, 2014 5:47 am

SPL schreef:If Fword can do us a favour and beat Twente and we beat AZ we could be 7 points clear this time next week!
I personally would be happy if 010 finished second, as long as we were in first, just like our little brother ought to.

:onfire.gif: :headbang.gif: :onfire.gif: :headbang.gif: :onfire.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di feb 18, 2014 10:43 am

aveslacker schreef:...I personally would be happy if 010 finished second, as long as we were in first, just like our little brother ought to.

:onfire.gif: :headbang.gif: :onfire.gif: :headbang.gif: :onfire.gif:
When it comes to winning the title, I'm totally impartial -- as long we come in first anyone else can come in second :biggrin.gif: BTW, and not to put too fine a point on it, but shouldn't that be 10100?

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo feb 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Feyenoord is wining at ht in Enschede 1-0. :biggthumpup.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo feb 23, 2014 5:45 pm

2–0 now, so it looks as if we'll be 7 points ahead of both of them.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo feb 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Or not...

Exciting end there, Twente equalised with the last kick of the game. Was anyone else watching? Pèlle totally lost it, but AFTER the final whistle, wonder if the eredivisie will take action?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Not sure whether I am happy with that Twente point or not. The bottom line is Vitesse are 8 behind and F word 9 and we are not going to be overtaken by either so at the worst we will finish 2nd.

We might drop some points but Twente will as well .Having dropped 4 points from our last 13 games I would not put money on us dropping more than 6 more points and Twente would need to win just about every game.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo feb 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Tom_ schreef:Or not...

Exciting end there, Twente equalised with the last kick of the game. Was anyone else watching? Pèlle totally lost it, but AFTER the final whistle, wonder if the eredivisie will take action?
This is worth a suspension for sure.

But even more fun is to beat Feyenoord next Eredivisie round with Pèlle on the pitch. Then after the match he will get a 4 or 5 week suspension. My oh my, then he will get frustrated. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo feb 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Haha, very true! I was asking because it reminded me of that situation with Guidetti a few seasons ago where he got a second yellow for taking off his shirt and had to miss Feyenoord–PSV... :drecul.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma feb 24, 2014 1:45 am

Yes also hilarious. :drecul.gif:

Does someone still have that moving image with Ronald Cowards reaction after that Guidetti yellow card? :smallgrin.gif:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 24, 2014 7:48 pm

In case you missed it. Here's Pellè going spare... http://youtu.be/NT0Hr5M4QyA

:smallgrin.gif:

A very wise thing to do with the Classic coming up next... My God, what a moron. He kicks the Twente dug-out, then almost bumps into Twente's president (Joop Munstermann) and then he kicks a big hole in one of those 'sponsor screens' of a TV crew...

The official rule is that you can be yellow a red carded until 30 minutes after the final whistle. The referee didn't notice this, so no card was shown on the spot. Therefore, the KNVB prosecutor is on the case. Pellè will be banned for a few games, for sure. But here's what makes it tricky. The club has the right to appeal against the verdict. If they do so, the final verdict will be next Monday - and Pellè will be eligible while the case is pending...

The unwritten rule in football is: you accept the penalty if the player was very clearly wrong and deserves the ban. But this is their main man - and it's the Classic.

Interesting...

The most hilarious scenario: Pellè gets banned, Feyenoord appeal against it only to make him eligible for Ajax, we stuff Feyenoord with Pellè and after the weekend he gets a longer ban.

K.
Still alive...

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di feb 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:In case you missed it. Here's Pellè going spare... http://youtu.be/NT0Hr5M4QyA

:smallgrin.gif:

A very wise thing to do with the Classic coming up next... My God, what a moron. He kicks the Twente dug-out, then almost bumps into Twente's president (Joop Munstermann) and then he kicks...

:drecul.gif:

But heey! Joop Munsterman is always standing on the wrong place. Just check over here after about 34 seconds :smallgrin.gif:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ueJZfFpE8

(Even a good laugh for those who do not understand Dutch)

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di mar 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Cruijff schreef:Yes also hilarious. :drecul.gif:

Does someone still have that moving image with Ronald Cowards reaction after that Guidetti yellow card? :smallgrin.gif:
This one ? :drecul.gif:
Afbeelding
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mar 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Our new signing 17 year old Zivkovic has scored for Groningen v Vitesse. Come on lad do your new team a favour and score another couple.

PSV play this weekend so if Vitesse can drop points we will be 6 points clear with game in hand ie home to Twente.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mar 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Vitesse lose 3-1 at Groningen . PSV should beat Roda easily so we will be 6 points clear at the top this weekend and not even played.

If we only draw with Twente next week we would then only need a max 9 from 5 games.And the others will still drop points.

PSV are the only team in real form with 7 wins on the trot before tonight but even max from their last 6 will only take them to 68. They too will drop points sooner or later.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » za mar 22, 2014 9:43 pm

I am still afraid of the big 'certainty" of us being Champions.

Another thing bothering me. What was Van Basten saying on camera, during their defeat in Rotterdam??
May the Force be with you

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo mar 23, 2014 5:45 am

SPL schreef:Vitesse lose 3-1 at Groningen . PSV should beat Roda easily so we will be 6 points clear at the top this weekend and not even played.

If we only draw with Twente next week we would then only need a max 9 from 5 games.And the others will still drop points.

PSV are the only team in real form with 7 wins on the trot before tonight but even max from their last 6 will only take them to 68. They too will drop points sooner or later.
I hope that our players are watching PSV squeak up the table and will play with a little more urgency the rest of the way. It wasn't that long ago that we were in a position similar to PSV's and managed to win the league despite the odds.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 23, 2014 12:55 pm

aveslacker schreef: I hope that our players are watching PSV squeak up the table and will play with a little more urgency the rest of the way. It wasn't that long ago that we were in a position similar to PSV's and managed to win the league despite the odds.
THIS!!!!!! :smile-ajax.gif:

I think that it's entirely possible that PSV will run the table and we cannot afford any more lackadaisical play!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 23, 2014 2:19 pm

PSV have to play in order

Groningen H

Heerenveen A

FWord H 13 th April

Zwolle A

NAC H

You can see them winning the lot on current form although a draw v Fword would finish both of them imo. Vitesse I rule out as they are falling away.

On paper Twente can get to 70 points( which is the most of all our challengers) and the only team who could overtake our Gd so its vital we take points from them.
Looking up their record since winter and whereas like us its 4 wins 1 draw at home their away record is crap 1 win ,2 draws 2 defeats. And overall they have won only 2 of their last 7 games and last week v AZ it was with the last kick of the match, so they are in worse form than us .

We should still do it though.I still predict 2nd place wont get more than 66 points .

If we beat Twente next week that will put us back as odds on favourites.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mar 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Vitesse drew 2-2 at home to Heerenveen tonight and we can now forget them . PSV scored in 3 mins v Groningen so should be another easy win for them.

If PSV win every game they still only get to 68 and we need only 9 to finish above them as our GD is far better.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mar 29, 2014 10:43 pm

SPL schreef:Vitesse drew 2-2 at home to Heerenveen tonight and we can now forget them . PSV scored in 3 mins v Groningen so should be another easy win for them.

If PSV win every game they still only get to 68 and we need only 9 to finish above them as our GD is far better.
PSV just lost 2-3. Our new signing Zivkovic is better than any striker we have on the current roster. He's really fast and plays tough! I can't wait to see him on our side.

Plaats reactie