Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Other Eredivisie Teams

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Just watched the 2nd half of the PSV-Groningen match where PSV won 2-1. Lozano was stretchered off in the first half with a possible concussion (he scored both PSV goal). Groningen had a 5-3 counter attack with former Ajax youth player Warmerdam on the ball. He was too greedy and didn't pass to the 2 open players preferring to shoot instead and made a mess of it. Serhuis came on late but did little. No help this weekend.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Excelsior beat Feyenoord 2-1 so back to normal crap for Feyenoord.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 03, 2019 2:34 pm

SPL schreef:Excelsior beat Feyenoord 2-1 so back to normal crap for Feyenoord.
Absolutely hilarious. I don't think there will be any Feyenoord players on the Eredivisie team of the week (but they may be on the team of the weak!!!).

ADDED: I just looked at the box score and saw that our old striker el Hamdaoui plays for Excelsior!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 10, 2019 6:41 pm

PSV drew 2-2 at Utrecht after being 2-0 down.5 points dropped in 21 games I dont see them being caught by us.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 10, 2019 6:41 pm

PSV go down 2-0 in the first half but get two second half goals to split the points at Utrecht. There was a controversial VAR no-call of what I thought was a take down of a Utrecht player in the box late. Ajax now are 6 points adrift of first.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo feb 10, 2019 7:36 pm

If I’m reading it correctly, that’s their 15th goal later than the 85th minute this season, which has ‘saved’ them 7 points.

Meanwhile, VAR doesn’t really seem to make the officiating any fairer, it just slows the games down. Why wasn’t Huntelaar sent off for that elbow? Why wasn’t that double hand ball in the penalty box even looked at? I don’t object to video refereeing in general (it works OK in cricket) but there doesn’t seem to be a framework for applying the rules evenly in football, so I wonder what it adds. Maybe it’s for the spectacle.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Tom_ schreef:If I’m reading it correctly, that’s their 15th goal later than the 85th minute this season, which has ‘saved’ them 7 points.
I think our match announcer on ESPN+ said that 20% of PSV goals have come in the last 10 minutes of matches. Pretty amazing.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma feb 11, 2019 12:37 pm

SPL schreef:PSV drew 2-2 at Utrecht after being 2-0 down.5 points dropped in 21 games I dont see them being caught by us.
We aren't going to catch them. After the way we blew our chance to take over first place with those two travesty goals we gave up at the end of the game, it was obvious to me that this season is going to be a complete repeat of last year. The loss at Heracles just drove home the point. We may come close -- we may even get another chance to take over the top spot -- but, in the end, we will fall short yet again. We just don't have that little extra in determination that it takes to be champions. Hate to say it, but at this point, I'm just riding out the season with absolutely no expectation of us finishing any higher than second.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma feb 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Playing against them, while being 3 points behind (at least) will only suit their style of play. Counterattacking our fragile 2019 defence. Let's hope that, on that day, another Ajax shows up. A determined and do or die team
May the Force be with you

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma feb 11, 2019 4:33 pm

rjf1 schreef:
SPL schreef:PSV drew 2-2 at Utrecht after being 2-0 down.5 points dropped in 21 games I dont see them being caught by us.
We aren't going to catch them. After the way we blew our chance to take over first place with those two travesty goals we gave up at the end of the game, it was obvious to me that this season is going to be a complete repeat of last year. The loss at Heracles just drove home the point. We may come close -- we may even get another chance to take over the top spot -- but, in the end, we will fall short yet again. We just don't have that little extra in determination that it takes to be champions. Hate to say it, but at this point, I'm just riding out the season with absolutely no expectation of us finishing any higher than second.
We lack the will to win. The kids are showing that they want to win, but suddenly in 2019, the will to win has disappeared.

In the first half of this season, even if they went down a goal, I was generally confident that they would claw back and win the game. I don't see that at all right now. Not sure if this was because of Overmars selling De Jong and Wober mid-season.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za feb 16, 2019 9:43 pm

PSV do it again with a goal from Donyell Malen in the 95th minute to draw even with Heerenveen. Heerenveen, to be frank, were very poor on the ball all night long but did take to good goals in the first half. They really ran out of gas near the end and just had trouble defending. Denis Johnsen, our loanee to the Frisians, came on in the 2nd half and had a nice run in on goal with a stinging shot off the crossbar. PSV drop 2 points and are home to Feyenoord next weekend.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 16, 2019 10:01 pm

Noticed a 95th min goal ,last minute. Win v NAC and its only 4 points behind so not over yet.PSV are nothing special just keep scoring late goals to get out of jail.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Feyenoord are lifeless again today losing to Groningen on an own goal 1-0. I doubt we will get any help from them when they play PSV next weekend.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Feyenoord only get motivated when its Ajax.Sad little club !

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Feyenoord are 0-1 up against PSV with just over 15 long minutes to go, well long if you are an Ajax fan

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 24, 2019 4:00 pm

And it's PSV 1-1 Feyenoord, Lozano...an instant response, it's only a matter of time before PSV make it 2-1

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 24, 2019 4:21 pm

Thank heavens for that! There were 3 minutes of stoppage time, and the ref allowed to go over by 20 seconds as PSV were on the ascendancy. But full time and its PSV 1-1 Feyenoord. Ajax have their destiny back in their own hands!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Wow, Vermeer had a super day in goal for 10 man Feyenoord when van Beek got sent off at the 60th minute. Jorgenson scored at the 70th minute only to be followed by Lozano's equalizer. Feyenoord's defense held firm and the margin is now TWO points!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 24, 2019 4:45 pm

Wow indeed ,just back from my cycle ride and thought 3-1 PSV ,but 1-1 great.AZ away and PSV at home ,both next month are the 2 tough games although we are capable of dropping points against anyone

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo feb 24, 2019 11:33 pm

Saw the entire PSV-Feyenoord game as well. I generally have no idea how PSV win all those games. Feyenoord I thought were generally better all game.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma feb 25, 2019 12:41 am

I watched it, too. Have to say that when it comes to shot stopping Vermeer is second to no one.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma feb 25, 2019 1:41 pm

rjf1 schreef:I watched it, too. Have to say that when it comes to shot stopping Vermeer is second to no one.
His overall game was excellent yesterday. HIs ball distribution and kicking were flawless. Let's hope he does not repeat it this Wednesday. :biggrin.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma feb 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Orange14 schreef:
rjf1 schreef:I watched it, too. Have to say that when it comes to shot stopping Vermeer is second to no one.
His overall game was excellent yesterday. HIs ball distribution and kicking were flawless. Let's hope he does not repeat it this Wednesday. :biggrin.gif:
:biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:
Making some blunders this Wednesday would be typical Vermeer, indeed. :drecul.gif:

I think he's one of the most talented goalkeepers I've ever seen, but indeed he has not been extremely consistent in keeping the same form for 5 or 6 matches in a row.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma feb 25, 2019 8:52 pm

Cruijff schreef: :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:
Making some blunders this Wednesday would be typical Vermeer, indeed. :drecul.gif:

I think he's one of the most talented goalkeepers I've ever seen, but indeed he has not been extremely consistent in keeping the same form for 5 or 6 matches in a row.
I still remember the Utrecht game from about six years or so ago when he had one of the worst matches a keeper could ever have.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma feb 25, 2019 10:23 pm

Orange14 schreef: I still remember the Utrecht game from about six years or so ago when he had one of the worst matches a keeper could ever have.
Ah, the 6-4. :blush.gif: :blush.gif:

Plaats reactie