Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Re: UEFA Cup results

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr feb 18, 2005 9:28 am

jakobg schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef: Heerenveen will go out, no doubt, but it must be said that they were very unlucky. They were actually the better side and did not deserve to concede a late second Newcastle goal.

K.
But what a beauty Newcastle's second goal was. Pure class.
Yeah...but scored by an absolute thug (Bowyer). I don't know if you saw the whole game but in the first half he elbowed someone in what should have been a red card offence.....the British press I read today said it was "harsh", but then they also said Newcastle's win was deserved, so what do they know....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Manneken Pis

Re: UEFA Cup results

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr feb 18, 2005 12:41 pm

Yeah...but scored by an absolute thug (Bowyer). I don't know if you saw the whole game but in the first half he elbowed someone in what should have been a red card offence.....the British press I read today said it was "harsh", but then they also said Newcastle's win was deserved, so what do they know....
Slight correction as I read more reviews...the Newcastle press seem quite realistic, it's the London press that lack a grip on reality. This is often the case in England when talking about "provincial" teams (or Scottish ones)...if they win everything is rosy, if they lose it's a crisis.

To reuse an old quote "The British team (let's say...Celtic) left full of hope, but the Scots returned after having been well beaten.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 20, 2005 10:42 am

PSV 4, NEC 1. No surprises there. NEC are having a truly miserable season, so I didn't expect anything.

Today could be interesting, tho...

Utrecht vs Feyenerd (12:30)
AZ vs Roda (14:30)

Tough ones for them, especially for F-Word, of course. Who knows?

K.
Still alive...

Co Adriaanse is God

Bericht door Co Adriaanse is God » zo feb 20, 2005 2:34 pm

AZ-Roda JC was 1-5 last season if I am not mistaken. That was when Co uttered his famous 'scorebordjournalistiek' quote, considering AZ dominated the game.

About the Heerenveen game, Heerenveen deserved to win the first half, but they were poor in the second. They deserved to lose the second. In the first half they were amazing though. Vayrinen, Huntelaar, Bruggink and Yildirim were all brilliant. They seemed to lose hunger in the second, and played deeper, not putting so much pressure on Newcastle when the latter were in possession, and when themselves in possession not committing enough men in attack. Yildirim also faded, he played too deep, never tried to get past his man. The turning point seemed to be when Souness changed his formation to 4-4-2 with Robert on for Ameobi. Kluivert moved up alongside Shearer, and immediately became more effective.
"The manager's job is to bring together the differing wills of each individual into one collective will." - Co Adriaanse

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Cancellations

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mar 05, 2005 11:22 am

Believe it or not, but according to an article in Het Parool the past two nights were the two coldest in the Amsterdam area in the history of meteorology. The lowest temperature ever registered in the 'Greater Amsterdam' was minus 11 Celsius. Thursday night it was minus 15.2 at Schiphol (probably a few degrees warmer in the city itself, but an all-time record all the same) and last night was reportedly even colder. Bizarre. It's March, for God's sake, but Amsterdam looks like Moscow. Snow everywhere.

Anyways - so far most professional football games could be played (most of the cancelled games were amateur and youth games so far), but King Winter has no mercy: only one out of nine First Division fixtures could be played on Friday night and in the Eredivisie two matches have already been called off: ADO Den Haag vs Heerenveen and Groningen vs PSV. More will follow, I'm sure.

By the way: Ajax vs AZ will definitely be played. The ArenA has a roof and 'pitch heating' - as you know.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Re: Cancellations

Bericht door DanK » zo mar 06, 2005 1:46 am

Kowalczyk schreef: By the way: Ajax vs AZ will definitely be played. The ArenA has a roof and 'pitch heating' - as you know.
K.
Still standing behind this one Ko? LOL. ;)
Unless this was an early April fools joke:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2004-2005/ ... -roof.html

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mar 06, 2005 11:17 am

That remark is pretty hilarious now... I know. :headbang:

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo mar 06, 2005 12:41 pm

at least its not 2 weeks from now...hopefully the snow has melted away by then.
:eusa_pray:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 07, 2005 6:52 pm

RKC had 5 former Ajax players (all ex- reserves in fact ) in action yesterday, Greene, Krohn-Dehli, Rustenberg, Vermaelen( who scored a goal) and Elmas.

Greene left a year or two ago but the others were all in our reserves last season (and indeed this season for Vermaelen) . In addition they have 2 other players from our reserves of last season Promes and Longuet, both currently out injured.

Do any of you know of a time when another dutch team had as many as 7 former Ajax players in their first team squad??

PS Barca had 6 a couple of years ago, The De Boers, Kluivert, Overmaars,Litmanen Reiziger . Bogarde was there in 2000 so they might have had 7 then.

Just a little puzzle to get you thinking!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 07, 2005 7:36 pm

Interesting question, SPL...

Lemme think...

I remember the PSV line-up of around 1988 was 50% 'ex Ajax' (Gerald Vanenburg, Ronald Koeman, Søren Lerby, Frank Arnesen, Wim Kieft). Remarkable, but they had only five former Ajacieden. It also has to be said that most of these guys were not originally from the Ajax youth system. Ajax bought them - and then sold them on to PSV, who were a lot richer than us at the time.

The only other club I can think of would be Haarlem, in the years that we used them as our 'satellite club'. In 2001-2002, for example, they had Serge van den Ban, Serginho Greene, Erik Piket, Sijmen Tol, Didi Longuet, Mark Stuut, Darl Douglas and Alpha Turay.

That's eight, but Ajax had a partnership with Haarlem at the time (so it doesn't really count). Besides: some of these Haarlem boys (such as Stuut and Turay) only played for Ajax at a very young age, whereas the guys now playing for RKC all had a youth contract at the very least and a professional contract in most cases.

So, actually, RKC may have a record here! Thanks for pointing this out, SPL...

K.
Still alive...

Bericht door 343 » ma mar 07, 2005 7:48 pm

Don't forget the Telstar-team. The ''Haarlem of the 80's'', Ko.

There were quite a few ex-Ajacieden that played for that particular club.....Panhuis, De Graaf, Gerber, Achmad....and more!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mar 08, 2005 3:21 pm

Time for Willem II to lose the nickname "The Ajax of the South" .Now the name can be worn in earnest by RKC.Or at least, "The Ajax of the not quite as far south as Tilburg".

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr mar 18, 2005 9:33 pm

I guess this is the end of the European road for the bulbs....

I sincerely don't see them defeating Lyon in the quarters...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za mar 19, 2005 6:12 am

Actually i believe they got the best draw they could get, not that i want them to go trough but you have to be realistic, dutch teams play well against french clubs and besides y would prefer them(lyon) over chelsea,milan,juve and even bayern any day and lets not forget that the last team PSV beat was a french team(Monaco).

Although i must say i was impressed by the 7-2 trashing Lyon gave Bremen, one things for sure though whoever wins this draw will be this years cinderella story in the champions league... Ahhhhhhhhh bright memories of the great run we had 2 years ago comes to mind then again the ending was too painful too remember :huh: :eusa_doh:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 01, 2005 1:17 pm

From NOS Teletekst:

The match between FC Den Bosch and Feyenoord, scheduled for Wednesday 06 April, has been forbidden by the mayor of Den Bosch, Mr Jo Rombouts. The mayor decided to 'veto' because he feels that FC Den Bosch have failed to create a safe situation at their home ground. He fears that the match can not be played without incidents.

Rombouts says that the situation inside the stadium is so unsafe at the moment that no professional football games can be played there with people on the stands. Two weeks ago there were very serious violent escalations during before, during and after Den Bosch's home game against Roda JC. Supporters of the home side destroyed the fencing during that game and attacked the travelling Limburg fans with sharp, iron objects.

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » vr apr 01, 2005 1:25 pm

Good chance we get the three points and a 0-3 victory now. That would be pure bullocks as Feyenoord would normally beat Den Bosch by more than three goals, and we need to strengthen our goal-difference if we still want to have a chance of overtaking AZ (and Ajax).

Furthermore it wouldn't give Kuyt a chance to smash in another two or three. :nooo:

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr apr 01, 2005 2:14 pm

30/9/2001 FC Den Bosch - Feyenoord 0-0
13/8/1999 FC Den Bosch - Feyenoord 0-4
21/11/1992 FC Den Bosch - Feyenoord 1-5
6/12/1987 FC Den Bosch - Feyenoord 3-1
14/9/1986 FC Den Bosch - Feyenoord 1-1
22/9/1985 FC Den Bosch - Feyenoord 1-1
16/12/1984 FC Den Bosch - Feyenoord 1-2
31/8/1983 FC Den Bosch - Feyenoord 1-1

F's results @ Den Bosch in the last 25 years,

I figure most F'fans will settle for an easy 0-3...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » vr apr 01, 2005 11:18 pm

Dubbel schreef: I figure most F'fans will settle for an easy 0-3...
I think most Den Bosch fans would be happy with 0-3. I'm no Feyenoord fan, but I think they could take Den Bosch to the cleaners. Don't forget they have scored 20 more goals then Ajax in the league. (and their goals conceded are irrelevant because Den Bosch can't score anyway)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

First Division update...

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 04, 2005 12:31 pm

A quick update of the Dutch Gouden Gids Divisie ('Yellow Pages Division'), a.k.a. the good old First Division...

After 28 matches (there are 19 teams, so the season is 36 games; eight more to go) it seems like Sparta Rotterdam and Heracles Almelo are the only remaining candidates for the championship and direct promotion. Sparta are tops (62 points), Heracles have 58 points. The gap between Heracles and the numbers three (VVV-Venlo) is eight points. You'd say that they're no longer in the race.

As usual the First Division champions will get promoted directly. Two more slots in the Eredivisie are at stake in the post-season promotion/relegation play-offs. These play-offs will be played in two groups, each consisting of one Eredivisie team (#16 and #17) and two First Division sides. These First Division sides are not necessarily the numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the table, but the winners of the four 'periods' of nine games in which the season was divided. In theory a team can qualify for the play-offs by winning the first 'period' of nine games - and then drop all the way down by losing everything the rest of the season. Last season, for example, De Graafschap got promoted and they were only 6th or 7th on the table.

In most cases the champions of the First Division also won a 'period'. In that case their spot in the play-offs will be taken by the highest team that did not win a 'period'.

The teams in each group will play each other home and away. Obviously, the group winners will play in the Eredivisie next season.

The first three periods of this season were won by the current numbers 1, 2 and 3 on the table: Sparta Rotterdam, Heracles Almelo and VVV-Venlo. TOP Oss and FC Dordrecht are tops in the fourth period, but they still have a long way to go.

As for Haarlem, the club we still have a 'technical partnership' with: they had a remarkably good start of the season and were all optimistic, but they went downhill in the New Year and are currently 13th. Another crap season for them. But there was good news: the city has granted permission for the building of a new stadium for Haarlem (which they need badly, as everyone who's ever been to a Haarlem home game will agree...).

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma apr 04, 2005 9:09 pm

Cheers for that Ko - and they say that you learn something every day.

I do keep an eye on the 1st division and I have to admit I was genuinely confused about how some of the promoted teams got there from looking at the final tables (I've never found an explanation and never been that curious enough to ask) - I'd never heard of that system of sets of nine games - I wonder if that was thought of by the same "brains" at the KNVB who dreamt up the CL lottery for next season :eusa_doh:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di apr 05, 2005 12:10 pm

So ehat do you guys thinko about PSV tonight? My guess is that we can cheer the night off with a decent loss for the boys from Eindhoven.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di apr 05, 2005 12:22 pm

Let 'm either win or let 'm lose with big numbers. If I had any say in it. Bet on a draw though if you're putting any money on it. I think both teams will be afraid to lose and I don't believe much in Psv or in French clubfootball. So, 0-0?

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di apr 05, 2005 1:32 pm

Dubbel schreef:So, 0-0?
Can't see that happening, with Lyon being the topscorers in the competition. I hope PSV win, but I think Lyon will win easily.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 05, 2005 4:03 pm

Come on, Lyon!

Hammer the wankers!

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di apr 05, 2005 4:30 pm

To me Lyon is a far better team. french club football is also better than the Eredivisie in my book and I both hope and believe that PSV will get a thrashing. :yes:
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Plaats reactie