Grab Bag Of Random Posts

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Tom_

Re: Grab Bag Of Random Posts

Bericht door Tom_ » ma okt 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Did you know Finland has its own emoji alphabet, including this one?

https://finland.fi/emoji/the-king/

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di nov 06, 2018 3:00 pm

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but here it is anyway:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ons-league
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 06, 2018 7:04 pm

MP

Guardian a good read also many of the comments. Agreed with the one Ajax are the greatest club for their history
trophies won ,players produced and of course the hugh influence on football and many of todays clubs.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Here in England I never ever meet anyone who follows Ajax or Dutch football but I did yesterday whilst walking in wood a few miles from home.

My and wife and I saw few people on our walk but this guy ,in his 60's, had a lovely Rhodesian Ridgeback dog and we started talking .He said the dog's name was Zeus I said Greek God of something but I am no good at Greek mythology.
I said my football team was called Ajax named after a Greek warrior. Shock reply came back his Dad came from Rotterdam and he is a life long Feyenoord fan. We laughed and had a few jokes about our clubs and then spent 15 mins debating Dutch footy,he and his son have been to Sparta and Roda in the last year .

We could have talked a lot more but his dog and my wife were both waiting patiently .

So have any of you met fellow Ajax or Dutch fans away from football?

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma mar 04, 2019 11:08 am

Didn't know where to post this so decided here was as good as any place...

The Football Times has a new book out dedicated to Ajax:

https://thesefootballtimes.bigcartel.com/product/ajax

At £10 it looks a great deal!

Here's the sales blurb:

Welcome to issue two of the club series by These Football Times. This is 140 pages of original photos, art and words dedicated to Ajax. Featuring:

- The making of AFC Ajax
- How Amsterdam changed the face of world football
- The homes of Ajax
- Louis van Gaal: the Ajax diaries
- Ultras
- The making of Marco van Basten
- The rare genius of Jari Litmanen
- Johan Cruyff: the player
- Johan Cruyff: the manager
- Dennis Bergkamp: the Ajax diaries
- Ștefan Kovács: the made who improved Rinus Michels' Ajax
- Ajax of Africa
- De Toekomst: the dream factory
- The eight greatest kits in Ajax history
- The evolution of a logo

... and so much more!

Released 29 March. Order now to guarantee your copy. Strictly limited numbers - once they're gone, they're gone.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do apr 18, 2019 1:57 am

I will put it over here.

Andy van der Meyde, several Ajax fans still know him from a spectaculair Champions League campaign....
....He is now a YouTube vlogger, a week ago he took Peter Bosz for a ride but earlier this month, Kasper Dolberg.

A talk with some stupid dick jokes, about Hakim Ziyech's ridiculous fashion & the shoes of Matthijs de Ligt, about living on your own in Amsterdam, about wanking, about whether to speak Dutch yes or no, about not having a girlfriend, about being a striker who was scouted as a winger, about how the JC Arena responds when Ajax plays a shitty match, about his debut under Peter Bosz and his time as an Ajax U19 player:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuRgeSDQPy8

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do apr 18, 2019 4:43 am

Saw the entire video - was absolutely amazing hahaha. Mathijs needs to buy some new shoes and not wear the same beaten down ones all year hahaha

Of course I remember Andy. His life got a little crazy after he left Ajax - lots of drugs and alcohol. He apparently had a pet zebra during his time at Everton. Glad to see he's doing ok.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do apr 18, 2019 4:59 am

Amol schreef:Saw the entire video - was absolutely amazing hahaha. Mathijs needs to buy some new shoes and not wear the same beaten down ones all year hahaha
Haha yes this is perhaps one of the best parts of the video. :biggrin.gif:
Andy van der Meyde brings the subject to material stuff... he spots Kaspers watch and wants to know... does Dolberg like to wear a nice watch and yes Kasper, do you think you are doing pretty fine contracted until 2022 on a "more than okay Ajax salary" ? :smile-ajax.gif:

And then "which teammates wear clothes you that surprise you or which you will never put on? Dolberg calls Matthijs de Ligt "a cheap bastard" wearing the same pair of shoes almost 365 days a year and then the worst thing... it are sloppy Adidas sport shoes. :excited.gif: Matthijs got the pair of shoes for free from sponsor Adidas. :smallgrin.gif:
So FC Barcelona and also Juventus want to offer De Ligt a 9 million or even a 11 million (yearly) salary .... a shitload of money but perhaps this guy, the captain of Ajax prefenrs to spend 0 euros on how he is dressed. :smile-ajax.gif: De Ligt has a girlfriend in Volendam now (she is a daugther of a former Ajax and Feyenoord player) and perhaps Matthijs just prefers lifting trophies when being captain of his home team instead of making a big, big transfer.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do apr 18, 2019 5:26 am

Cruijff schreef:
Amol schreef:Saw the entire video - was absolutely amazing hahaha. Mathijs needs to buy some new shoes and not wear the same beaten down ones all year hahaha
Haha yes this is perhaps one of the best parts of the video. :biggrin.gif:
Andy van der Meyde brings the subject to material stuff... he spots Kaspers watch and wants to know... does Dolberg like to wear a nice watch and yes Kasper, do you think you are doing pretty fine contracted until 2022 on a "more than okay Ajax salary" ? :smile-ajax.gif:

And then "which teammates wear clothes you that surprise you or which you will never put on? Dolberg calls Matthijs de Ligt "a cheap bastard" wearing the same pair of shoes almost 365 days a year and then the worst thing... it are sloppy Adidas sport shoes. :excited.gif: Matthijs got the pair of shoes for free from sponsor Adidas. :smallgrin.gif:
So FC Barcelona and also Juventus want to offer De Ligt a 9 million or even a 11 million (yearly) salary .... a shitload of money but perhaps this guy, the captain of Ajax prefenrs to spend 0 euros on how he is dressed. :smile-ajax.gif: De Ligt has a girlfriend in Volendam now (she is a daugther of a former Ajax and Feyenoord player) and perhaps Matthijs just prefers lifting trophies when being captain of his home team instead of making a big, big transfer.
Yeah its an interesting aspect of who the players are - as people. We only get to see them for 2-4 hours a week, on a stage. But away from that, these are real people.

If Mathijs is still wearing beat down sneakers, maybe he doesn't care too much about money yet. Maybe just maybe he stays for another year or two. Its not that they make 30k a year at Ajax. They make decent money compared to other 19-20 year olds.

His gf's father (Molenaar) was asked about where Mathijs is going and he said I'm staying out of this. Lol.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do apr 18, 2019 5:27 am

Also saw Andy's video with Dusan Tadic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9wsdrU4n0Y

He seems like such a nice and simple guy who has a lot of respect for Ajax. He will most likely not go anywhere and stay till the end of his contract. Fingers crossed.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do apr 18, 2019 5:44 am

My favourite Tadic video is when he is with 3 or 4 team mates, I think the others are Mazraoui, Schöne, Lamprou and Onana answering questions from the young Ajax fans.

On the yearly "Ajax Kidsclub press conference".

The Ajax media teams picked some questions the young fans did send in and then this little guys (also girls) are allowed to ask their question to the player.
Tadic is completely relaxed around the kids and is speaking Dutch to them.

One of them asks from which of their Ajax teammates the farts smell the worst. For Tadic it is then almost impossible to quit laughing.
Also the children want to know which "tasks in the household" he dislikes most. Tadic says washing the dishes. Tadic is actually helping his wife at home in the kitchen. Probably Pogba, Feillani and eliminated from Champions League Aguero don't do that at home. Now and then they f*ck the newest nanny and then replace the nanny for the 16th or 17th time but I don't see them making theirselves useful in other ways. :neutral.gif: :blackcat.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr apr 19, 2019 5:58 pm

I know that especially Amol really loves this kind of clips. It probably has English subtitles too.

Matthijs de Ligt with Frenkie de Jong in Touzani TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CROkRd0Oon0

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za apr 20, 2019 7:43 am

Cruijff schreef:I know that especially Amol really loves this kind of clips. It probably has English subtitles too.

Right about that - love these videos! These guys are such normal people. I would never in a 1000 years imagine some of the Real and Barca primadonnas ever doing this stuff.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za apr 20, 2019 7:45 am

Cruijff schreef:Also the children want to know which "tasks in the household" he dislikes most. Tadic says washing the dishes. Tadic is actually helping his wife at home in the kitchen. Probably Pogba, Feillani and eliminated from Champions League Aguero don't do that at home. Now and then they f*ck the newest nanny and then replace the nanny for the 16th or 17th time but I don't see them making theirselves useful in other ways. :neutral.gif: :blackcat.gif:
Hahahaha :drecul.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za apr 20, 2019 7:57 am

Amol schreef:
Cruijff schreef:I know that especially Amol really loves this kind of clips. It probably has English subtitles too.

Right about that - love these videos! These guys are such normal people. I would never in a 1000 years imagine some of the Real and Barca primadonnas ever doing this stuff.

Correct. They have just love for the game.
But also a lot of love for their local team. I am pretty sure that in modern football with everybody earning 45 million euros this is now extremely important.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za apr 20, 2019 7:58 am

And I'm pretty sure too that from all 4 Champions League semi finalists in the Ajax team they are laughing by far most often.

The smile and the joy has been disappeared for quite a long time after the Nouri incident of course. :blush.gif: :blush.gif:

Also both Matthijs and Frenkie have very normal girlfriends:

This time in VP's WAGs (Wives and Girlfriends) Justus with Mikky Kiemeney, Frenkie de Jong's girlfriend and we get to know the lady behind this Ajax player:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFRisUZS9Zo&t=27s

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za okt 17, 2020 11:48 am

Not sure where to post this.

On Ajaxshowtime today is a big article on the NY fans and the Dutch guy who set up the fan club ,runs the Ajax shop. Evidently you NY Ajax fans have your own pub there.

Great read ,await comments from our American pals on here.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » vr jan 22, 2021 4:27 pm

german bild magazine reporting this morning that eth is leaving at the end of this season to replace rose as the coach of borussia mönchengladbach.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di jan 26, 2021 12:20 pm

kezme44 schreef:
vr jan 22, 2021 4:27 pm
german bild magazine reporting this morning that eth is leaving at the end of this season to replace rose as the coach of borussia mönchengladbach.
Talk of Ten Hag as a candidate also... or so the Ajax podcasts are saying ("Branie" & "Pantalic Podcast").

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jan 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Barcelona are in deep financial problems because of no match day revenue during the pandemic. There is some question whether Ajax will receive further payments on the Dest and de Jong transfers. I wonder if the club can request the players return in lieu of payment.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di jan 26, 2021 4:03 pm

I’m pretty sure I read (if my Dutch serves me correct) that we have a bank guarantee so this should not be an issue

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di jan 26, 2021 10:45 pm

It seems that Ajax ‘sold’ the transfer fee of Frenkie to a third party (didn’t know that was possible but I don’t have any doubt some financial wiz kids are turning it into even more money...). So Ajax is in the clear. Perhaps that third party needs to hire some debt collectors. :smallgrin.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr jul 30, 2021 2:00 pm

Orange14 schreef:
ma jul 12, 2021 9:27 pm
our neighbours daughter Katy Ledecky

Apparently some other swimmers are able to beat your neighbours daughter Katy Ledecky!
Who would have thought?!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 30, 2021 3:17 pm

Cruijff schreef:
vr jul 30, 2021 2:00 pm
Orange14 schreef:
ma jul 12, 2021 9:27 pm
our neighbours daughter Katy Ledecky

Apparently some other swimmers are able to beat your neighbours daughter Katy Ledecky!
Who would have thought?!
The Aussie swimmer is really good. Ledecky swam a great 1500 freestyle. I think she still has the 800 to swim today.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 30, 2021 7:43 pm

I noticed she finished 2nd in the 400m and knew she is Orange 14's neighbour's daughter.

Plaats reactie