Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts)

Bericht door SPL » do nov 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Ajax OS states this sunday's game will be on Ajax tv, Does this mean we can get it outside of Holland and if so how? Will it cost and can we get it easily??

Hopefully if we cannot get it this way then NVS will continue on sopcast!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr dec 04, 2009 8:49 pm

For anyone with ESPN Classic in the UK they are showing the excellent film 'En Un Momenta Dado' about Johan Cruijff at 2230 tonight
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo dec 20, 2009 11:45 pm

If anyone hasn't already seen it Ajax v Inter Milan, 1972 European Cup Final is on ESPN Classic at 1130 on Wednesday (23rd).

Seen this programme already, ITV highlights with Brian Moore commentating so it's a good show.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo feb 07, 2010 11:50 am

Just a quick post from me. ESPN is showing the Twente game tonight at midnight and also thr Juventus home game live - going out today so just looked to see whether the Twente game was on to record and the banner advert for the Juve game was a nice extra surprise.....

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 12, 2010 9:27 pm

bad news NVS who have supplied our sopcast links this season appear to have closed down .

Thestreamfactory.net who supply nvs has closed so we may not get any more live streams.!!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 12, 2010 10:19 pm

well I appear to have got it wrong . NVs is working and showing tonights dutch game and lists Ajax on NVS1 for tomorrow.

the streamfactory.net which appears to supply nvs appears to have closed down . It lists the matches and which NVS link . When I looked earlier to check the Ajax game will be on it appeared to have closed down and all the live NVS channels on sopcast were offline .

Hope it works tomorrow.

Sorry for any confusion . Hopefully someone more up with streams will clarify.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za feb 13, 2010 1:52 am

FWIW, I sent a note to ESPN 360 complaining that they seemed to have dropped the Ajax matches since the first of the year. They still carry PSV matches live but not Ajax. They did carry every single one during the first half of the season. I'm not sure what the reason is other than they seem to be showing lots of college basketball matches. I sure hope we can get a Sopcast feed tomorrow.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 13, 2010 10:04 pm

After my little panic yesterday it worked as normal today thank goodness.

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr mar 19, 2010 12:21 am

Why oh why do the ASS CLOWNS at espn360 ONLY show P$V games? This is - what? - the TENTH week in a row of P$V games? Do they really think that having a Mexican on your team rates this kind of exclusive coverage? That would be sad if it were true.

That said, this is the second week in a row that I'm actually interested in watching the P$V game. I only wish they'd show the Ajax game the next day, too. Looks like I'll be trolling for a SOPcast channel again...
Mark it 8, Dude.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mar 19, 2010 2:27 am

ajaxusa schreef:Why oh why do the ASS CLOWNS at espn360 ONLY show P$V games? This is - what? - the TENTH week in a row of P$V games? Do they really think that having a Mexican on your team rates this kind of exclusive coverage? That would be sad if it were true.

That said, this is the second week in a row that I'm actually interested in watching the P$V game. I only wish they'd show the Ajax game the next day, too. Looks like I'll be trolling for a SOPcast channel again...
It is a pain in the butt for sure. I sent an note through the web site but as you might imagine, never heard back
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di aug 17, 2010 2:13 am

Orange14 schreef:
ajaxusa schreef:Why oh why do the ASS CLOWNS at espn360 ONLY show P$V games? This is - what? - the TENTH week in a row of P$V games? Do they really think that having a Mexican on your team rates this kind of exclusive coverage? That would be sad if it were true.

It is a pain in the butt for sure. I sent an note through the web site but as you might imagine, never heard back
So... this season started the same way... first two weeks, two P$V games on the schedule. So I sent a brief note, claiming to have proof that there are many more Ajax fans than P$V fans in the USA. (I don't have proof, but I'm still sure I'm right.) They wrote back thanking me for the feedback and saying they'd forward to Programming.

Anyway, maybe coincidentally, they added Ajax to the schedule this weekend. A change in policy, or a mere aberration?

Maybe you US-based guys could go to http://espn.go.com/espn3/feedback and tell them you want more of the same...
Mark it 8, Dude.

Think14
Contacteer:

Bericht door Think14 » di aug 17, 2010 2:37 am

This is great news Ajaxusa.
ESPN 360 was a reliable way for fans in the states to watch games last fall, I hope they keep up the coverage. Relying on crappy P2P links is a total pain in the ass.

www.think14.squarespace.com
-
AFC Ajax Blog.
:ajax.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di aug 17, 2010 10:30 am

ajaxusa schreef:
Orange14 schreef:

So... this season started the same way... first two weeks, two P$V games on the schedule. So I sent a brief note, claiming to have proof that there are many more Ajax fans than P$V fans in the USA. (I don't have proof, but I'm still sure I'm right.) They wrote back thanking me for the feedback and saying they'd forward to Programming.

Anyway, maybe coincidentally, they added Ajax to the schedule this weekend. A change in policy, or a mere aberration?

Maybe you US-based guys could go to http://espn.go.com/espn3/feedback and tell them you want more of the same...
Ajax USA GETS RESULTS!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 17, 2010 12:25 pm

ajaxusa schreef:
Orange14 schreef:

I hope you are right about this!!!! I remember last season, every Ajax match was carried until January when all of the sudden they dropped coverage. I think ESPN has some European rights to Ajax matches so it can't cost them a lot of money to carry the matches.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di aug 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Orange14 schreef:I hope you are right about this!!!! I remember last season, every Ajax match was carried until January when all of the sudden they dropped coverage. I think ESPN has some European rights to Ajax matches so it can't cost them a lot of money to carry the matches.
I have a couple of theories about this. One is that it's simply out of their hands, that whatever deal they have with the Eredivisie predetermines which game is available to them. (Seems unlikely.) The other is that they know nothing about the league and just chose PSV based on either the number of championships won in the past few years, or because PSV has a Mexican national player - and many of the tv-watching fans in the U.S. are Mexican-American or just plain Mexican. In any event, helping them to make the right choice is what I do. I'm all about good choices.

:smallgrin.gif:
Mark it 8, Dude.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 17, 2010 4:40 pm

ajaxusa schreef:Maybe you US-based guys could go to http://espn.go.com/espn3/feedback and tell them you want more of the same...
Thanked ESPN over 2-3 paragraphs on their website. Feeling icky for thanking Disney :smallgrin.gif:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo aug 18, 2010 1:44 am

ajaxusa schreef:
Orange14 schreef:I hope you are right about this!!!! I remember last season, every Ajax match was carried until January when all of the sudden they dropped coverage. I think ESPN has some European rights to Ajax matches so it can't cost them a lot of money to carry the matches.
I have a couple of theories about this. One is that it's simply out of their hands, that whatever deal they have with the Eredivisie predetermines which game is available to them. (Seems unlikely.) The other is that they know nothing about the league and just chose PSV based on either the number of championships won in the past few years, or because PSV has a Mexican national player - and many of the tv-watching fans in the U.S. are Mexican-American or just plain Mexican. In any event, helping them to make the right choice is what I do. I'm all about good choices.

:smallgrin.gif:

Hit the nail right on the head, last year they mainly showed two teams, PSV and AZ...PSV because of Salcido and Rodriguez and AZ because of Moreno...since the mexican experiment has turned out so well now they are trying to balance out...Ajax has Suarez,Twente has Rosales (Venezuelan) and of course Ruiz (Costa Rica) and AZ still have Moreno so now the latin american players are more spread out thus will see more teams play.

PS: ANd no Feyenoord :1evil.gif: :biggrin.gif:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

grachtdog
Contacteer:

Bericht door grachtdog » wo aug 18, 2010 6:18 am

Amol schreef:
ajaxusa schreef:Maybe you US-based guys could go to http://espn.go.com/espn3/feedback and tell them you want more of the same...
Thanked ESPN over 2-3 paragraphs on their website. Feeling icky for thanking Disney :smallgrin.gif:

I've added my thank you's today too. I actually phoned them last year when they stopped with the Ajax and started showing that other team; I don't think the guy on the phone knew what the hell I was talking about. Anyway, between the Vitesse match on Saturday and the Dinamo game today, I've whet my appetite for more. Hope it becomes a season worth watching!
XXX

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Well, I see ESPN3 has dropped us from this weekend's schedule. They are, however, showing the PSV match on Sunday. I figured it was all too good to last! :confused.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za aug 21, 2010 6:45 am

Does anyone know why Ajax are playing their home games on Saturday evenings this season? That really sucks for me with the time difference -- Sunday lunchtime in Amsterdam is Sunday evening in Melbourne, whereas Saturday evening in Amsterdam is the middle of Saturday night here...

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za aug 21, 2010 10:03 am

Chugger schreef:Does anyone know why Ajax are playing their home games on Saturday evenings this season? That really sucks for me with the time difference -- Sunday lunchtime in Amsterdam is Sunday evening in Melbourne, whereas Saturday evening in Amsterdam is the middle of Saturday night here...
It's the middle of the night for me, too -- even later than you by a couple of hours -- but it looks like later on in the year they are going to have games at reasonable hours (for us).

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » za aug 21, 2010 10:04 am

Chugger schreef:Does anyone know why Ajax are playing their home games on Saturday evenings this season? That really sucks for me with the time difference -- Sunday lunchtime in Amsterdam is Sunday evening in Melbourne, whereas Saturday evening in Amsterdam is the middle of Saturday night here...
Has to do with our midweek games.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di aug 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Ajax - Kiev will be broadcasted on the french channel Sport +.
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 24, 2010 6:56 pm

NVS on Sunday were asking for donation before you could use it . Surely no one in Holland would bother as you can pay to watch the game on TV .As for the rest of the world will many bother.

All the time I can get a decent stream it will be ok . I will only have to pay £10 per month for ESPN but Ajax would be the only games I would watch and although all 3 games so far have been on , Vitesse was shown as delayed, but once all the leagues start I am not sure Ajax will be on each week.
So I wont bother at present .Rojadirect gave me a good stream last Sunday.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 24, 2010 7:26 pm

SPL schreef:NVS on Sunday were asking for donation before you could use it . Surely no one in Holland would bother as you can pay to watch the game on TV .As for the rest of the world will many bother.
But there was no way to donate from the USA which makes it meaningless for me. I wish the ESPN Internet channel would show the Ajax matches but they seem enamored of PSV.

Plaats reactie