Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

rjf1

Re: Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

Bericht door rjf1 » za jul 23, 2016 11:56 am

That Russian site (http://livetv.sx/en/) almost always has an Ace Stream link for Ajax games. I watch the games full screen on a 22" monitor -- resolution is really good -- especially when the link is for an HD telecast.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za jul 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Cool, thanks. Do they broadcast the streams in Dutch? Last time I checked ace stream was a mess, hopefully they improved it over the past couple of years...

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za jul 23, 2016 12:08 pm

I just looked at the Fox Sports NL website -- they said you have to register through your TV provider -- so how do you use it without a TV provider -- seems like you can't. Or, they also talk about a Sports Go subscription -- is that instead of a TV provider? It wasn't all that clear.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za jul 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Tom_ schreef:Cool, thanks. Do they broadcast the streams in Dutch? Last time I checked ace stream was a mess, hopefully they improved it over the past couple of years...
Usually the streams are in Spanish and Russian -- there are usually several to choose from -- some being better than others. Ace Stream has gotten a lot better in the last couple of years -- very rarely tears up or stops to buffer -- you can always switch to a different stream if the one you are watching goes bad. I very rarely have to do that.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Sky are part of Fox and we have a Fox soccer channel in the US. they don't carry Dutch league matches. Last season we had NGSN, a Dutch based internet company (they sponsored a Jupiter league team), that carried the Sky feeds got, all the matches as well as a bunch of other leagues. They were forced to close down in April and never said why. I don't, know if they will come back. The price was very good and they archived the feeds.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

Bericht door Tom_ » za jul 23, 2016 2:17 pm

@rjf1 exactly, that's how it *used* to work: Fox Sports GO was an Internet-only subscription. But it seems like they won't be offering it this season, although the following line still shows on the page:

Wil je direct live toegang en liever alleen FOX Sports GO? Dat kan ook. (Do you want direct access and prefer only GO? That's also possible.)

...but the option doesn't exist when you try to sign up.
Laatst gewijzigd door Tom_ op za jul 23, 2016 2:21 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za jul 23, 2016 2:19 pm

@orange Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on NGSN too. Their site says "relaunching this summer", but it wouldn't be the first vapourware site if they never come back up...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 23, 2016 6:41 pm

But NGSN was only available in the US.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr aug 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Strange message on Fox Sports about their streaming service. Basically they're saying their servers aren't up to demand, so they aren't allowing new subscriptions. No idea where this leaves me, since I'm not a new subscriber, but I can't see any way to extend my account. You would think if Fox has "too many customers" they'd buy some more server capacity, but maybe they're happy for "illegal" (P2P/flash) viewing to take up some of the load. After the hassles trying to find a good stream on Wednesday (I saw a total of about 20 minutes, I reckon) I'm not optimistic about getting good access to games this season...
Momenteel krijgen we geregeld vragen over de beschikbaarheid van FOX Sports GO. Het afgelopen jaar hebben we een grote groei gerealiseerd in het aantal FOX Sports GO-abonnees. Dit in combinatie met het eveneens sterk stijgende online en mobiel kijkgedrag naar FOX Sports via de apps van de tv-aanbieders (GO is standaard onderdeel van het FOX Sports tv-abonnement) zet het streaming platform onder druk. We hebben deze zomer hard gewerkt aan onderhoud van ons platform.

Nu de Eredivisie weer van start gaat kunnen we ons platform de komende weken serieus testen. Om de kwaliteit van de live stream te kunnen blijven waarborgen voor de huidige tienduizenden FOX Sports GO gebruikers kunnen we tijdens de testfase geen nieuwe gebruikers toelaten. Onze excuses voor eventueel ongemak, maar we werken hard aan onze online dienstverlening.
Google translate schreef:Currently, we regularly receive questions about the availability of FOX Sports GO. This past year we have achieved a huge growth in the number of FOX Sports GO subscribers. This in combination with the likewise soaring online and mobile viewing habits to FOX Sports via apps from the TV providers (GO is a standard part of the FOX Sports TV subscription) converts the streaming platform under pressure. We have worked hard this summer maintenance of our platform.

Now start the Premier League again will we be able in the coming weeks seriously test our platform. In order to continue to guarantee the quality of the live stream for the current FOX Sports GO tens of thousands of users, we can not allow new users during the testing phase. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are working hard on our online services.
Laatst gewijzigd door Tom_ op vr aug 05, 2016 9:23 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Tom - that's a bummer. We have Fox Sports to Go here in the US but they don't carry the Dutch league games. I don't think they have the same server problem as over in Europe. They don't have much football on it these days since they were outbid for the EPL games by NBC Sports. I'm still waiting to see if any one picks up the Dutch matches for the US. The Spanish channel Univision Desportes is showing the Utrecht/PSV match but that's the only one.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr aug 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Ah well. It can't be as bad as the late 90s/early 2000s when the cable providers bought up rights and didn't broadcast, and there was no flash streaming!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jan 25, 2018 6:59 am

Continuing the Fox Sports/vpn conversation here with Tom and Cruijff. I'm setup with NordVPN and with a Fox Sports.nl account.

Now to watch foxsports2go, its asking me to sign up with a tv provider and then later activate foxsports2go. I'm sorry if these questions are appearing really dumb.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do jan 25, 2018 9:15 am

Hey Amol, sorry about the delay. Feel free to DM me!

So have you *paid* for fox sports, or just made an account?

Here's what I see when I go to ACCOUNT -> 4 Abonnement:

FOX Sports GO - Seizoenspas
verloopt op: 30-06-2018 10:00

This means I'm subscribed until June.

To answer your other question, I've been on ibVPN for around 5 years and I'm generally happy with them. They have fast support if something goes wrong, and a smart DNS rule for foxsports.nl which is faster than VPN.

EDIT

And ibVPN has a referral link, if anyone's planning to sign up and wants to give me a kickback. https://www.ibvpn.com/vpn-start/ODIwNTk=

If not just go to ibvpn.com and sign up as usual :)

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do jan 25, 2018 9:28 am

Hang on a second, I opened up a private tab and now I can't see the sign up page for fox sports go either. That's annoying!

There was a thing two seasons ago where they said they would only make it available via TV providers, but I contacted them via twitter and they let me sign up. since then I've been able to renew without any problems.

Maybe one of the locals can help (@Cruijff?), or you could try asking them directly.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jan 25, 2018 1:19 pm

It is a real shame that NGSN which was a Dutch based Internet football provider to the US went under. They were on line for about 18 months and carried all the Eredivisie matches as well as some other leagues. All the matches were archived and you could watch replays any time. I think they ran into a rights issue and some of the leagues refused to allow them feeds. A year ago they said they would re-launch but never have.

What puzzles me is why television providers do not make better use of the Internet to sell streams. They can tell by your Internet connection your location and should be able to easily sell into foreign markets with very little overhead. If Netflix can sell a month subscription for $10US, the Eredivisie/For (or is it Sky over there) should be able to do the same thing. It's just ridiculous that we have to search for streams every weekend.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jan 25, 2018 6:11 pm

I sent a group pm to Tom and Cruijff. I am going to do my best to make this happen and then will draw a nice process flow for everyone else. :ajaxscarf.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do jan 25, 2018 7:20 pm

We should be able to fix this easier. I will contact Fox Sports to inform them that some weeks of the month I will work abroad and need to have the football broadcasting on a mobile device.

And then I can share the login code with you.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do jan 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Orange14 schreef:What puzzles me is why television providers do not make better use of the Internet to sell streams. They can tell by your Internet connection your location and should be able to easily sell into foreign markets with very little overhead. If Netflix can sell a month subscription for $10US, the Eredivisie/For (or is it Sky over there) should be able to do the same thing. It's just ridiculous that we have to search for streams every weekend.
As far as I can tell, it's because the big networks (Fox being a major offender) are clinging on to the bundle model, where you have to pay them for the basket weaving channel, lawn mowing channel etc. to get the bundle that includes the football via cable TV.

I guess the leagues sell the rights to TV broadcasts on a country by country basis and no one is prepared to pay the big bucks for worldwide-ish internet streaming of the eredivisie (like BeIn sports does for the Spanish league). That's pretty easy to circumvent with a VPN, if you have a fast internet connection.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jan 25, 2018 10:47 pm

Cruijff - I owe you a case of beer if this works out.

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » do jan 25, 2018 11:16 pm

Cruijff schreef:We should be able to fix this easier. I will contact Fox Sports to inform them that some weeks of the month I will work abroad and need to have the football broadcasting on a mobile device.

That will never work legally. Fox don’t have the legal rights to stream it abroad.

A VPN is your best bet but not easy to pull off.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jan 26, 2018 1:17 am

I'm all set with the VPN with servers in Netherlands. Getting about 30 Mbps download through that.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr jan 26, 2018 6:15 am

raymon schreef:
Cruijff schreef:We should be able to fix this easier. I will contact Fox Sports to inform them that some weeks of the month I will work abroad and need to have the football broadcasting on a mobile device.

That will never work legally. Fox don’t have the legal rights to stream it abroad.

But with a working VPN which make the ip looks Dutch and a legal 'FOX Sports GO' subscription it will probably work, I suppose?
How do you watch the games since you moved abroad, Raymon?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr jan 26, 2018 6:15 am

Amol schreef:I'm all set with the VPN with servers in Netherlands. Getting about 30 Mbps download through that.
That should be more than fast enough.
Don't know if Tom_ already replied to your PM but his method should work..! :biggthumpup.gif:

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » vr jan 26, 2018 8:25 am

Cruijff schreef:
raymon schreef:

But with a working VPN which make the ip looks Dutch and a legal 'FOX Sports GO' subscription it will probably work, I suppose?
How do you watch the games since you moved abroad, Raymon?
Sky Sports sometimes show the big games but otherwise an illegal stream from the usual websites.

VPN will work but Fox is not crazy either, they scan the same sites that offer free VPN. Your best bet is if you’re working for a Dutch company and they provide you with a VPN (for home working or abroad) but giving out those details to others would be gross misconduct.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr jan 26, 2018 11:26 am

I can’t see why fox would care? They get paid, their streams are geoblocked so there’s no legal issue...

The VPN thing has been working almost flawlessly for me since back in the days of eredivisie live. Apart from a hiccup every now and then, the only time I’ve had problems has been when my internet connection was too slow.

Plaats reactie