Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo aug 14, 2005 6:43 pm

Well I haven't really followed the whole Talpa situation. Mainly because I can't receive that channel anyway. But you have to pay to receive it in Holland right?

The joke now is that here on Aruba we have the channel BVN (Beste van Vlaanderen en Nederland) and they seem to have arranged that they can show us the Talpa program of football, meaning the highlight show. This is a great relief to me because now I'll be sure to catch a glimpse of Ajax every weekend, even if ESPN shows a PSV or Feyenoord game. Isn't it sort of weird though that you all have to pay to get to see it (or you'd have to watch it on internet, but it waits to be seen whether this is all topnotch) and that we don't. I'm happy about it but it seems weird, doesn't it?

Then again I barely ever get to watch Ajax in the stadium.

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » zo aug 14, 2005 6:48 pm

Have you tried the link on the previous page? Does that not work for you??
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo aug 14, 2005 6:50 pm

Raymon schreef:Have you tried the link on the previous page? Does that not work for you??
Thanks Raymon, but as I said there's no need for me to watch it on the internet anymore as BVN is supplying us with the Talpa football program.

Thanks anyway! :xyxthumbs:

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » zo aug 14, 2005 7:03 pm

We don't have to pay for Talpa. The only thing we have to pay for is Versatel, which supplies us with live coverages.

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo aug 14, 2005 7:06 pm

Oh, I never noticed the Talpa channel on tv when I've been in Holland. Am I missing something? :blush:

peter

Bericht door peter » zo aug 14, 2005 7:10 pm

It's a new channel. They've launched it yesterday. So it's not your mistake. Nickelodeon provides us with cartoons in the afternoon, and in the evening Talpa is broadcasting.

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo aug 14, 2005 7:12 pm

Oh alright then. So Talpa has taken over the rights of the HCE highlights from Sportjournaal and Versatel has taken over the rights of the live games from Canal +, right?

peter

Bericht door peter » zo aug 14, 2005 7:14 pm

:xyxthumbs:

I forgot to remember that on every Fridaynight, RTL5 will broadcast a live match as well.
Laatst gewijzigd door peter op zo aug 14, 2005 7:20 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo aug 14, 2005 7:19 pm

Alright, thanks for the update bro :xyxthumbs:

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma aug 15, 2005 10:13 am

Raymon schreef:A bit of a small screen. Thank God for temporary internet files...

Try opening this in your Media Player: http://www.garnierstreamingmedia.com/as ... tream1.asp

Enjoy..
Its streaming a test pattern, but that probably because its not broadcasting at the moment...at least its not coming up with errors like before.

Cheers Raymon.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma aug 15, 2005 6:52 pm

DanK schreef:
Raymon schreef:A bit of a small screen. Thank God for temporary internet files...

Try opening this in your Media Player: http://www.garnierstreamingmedia.com/as ... tream1.asp

Enjoy..
Its streaming a test pattern, but that probably because its not broadcasting at the moment...at least its not coming up with errors like before.

Cheers Raymon.
Well I must admit I wasn't hoping for that much as I'm still on ye-olde dial-up internet but I was quite surprised by the result, perfect picture and sound, unfortunately just the one picture, from the split-second the conection was made but at least the sound kept going so I got some commentary till I gave up. Memo to self - sort out broadband internet!!
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za aug 20, 2005 11:01 am

rellipskip schreef:Hallo anybody

Me and two friends are going to new york this coming week and wee are seeking a bar were wee can see Ajax Vs Bif. Please help.
K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo aug 21, 2005 12:44 pm

“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 23, 2005 9:57 am

Over Pasanen's Head and SE6 Ajacied:

Can you please post the names and addresses of those London pubs you always go to, where they always show Dutch games... I'm in touch with a Danish guy (Brøndby fan) who will be in London on Wednesday and would like to watch the game...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 23, 2005 10:18 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Over Pasanen's Head and SE6 Ajacied:

Can you please post the names and addresses of those London pubs you always go to, where they always show Dutch games... I'm in touch with a Danish guy (Brøndby fan) who will be in London on Wednesday and would like to watch the game...
Right. OPH replied to my e-mail. The information may be useful for Ajax fans who want to watch a game in London, so here goes.

There's a pub in Central London (just off Leicester Square) where they show loads of games and have access to countless TV stations from all over the world.

De Hems
11 Macclesfield Street
LONDON, W1V 7LF
Tel: 0871 332 4896
(nearest tube station: Leicester Square)

Just give 'em a call and see if they can help you. If not, this is your second option:

The Famous Three Kings (a.k.a. the 'F3K')
171 North End Road
FULHAM, W14 9NL
Tel: 0871 332 6425
(nearest tube station: West Kensington)

Thanks, OPH! :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di aug 23, 2005 7:44 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Over Pasanen's Head and SE6 Ajacied:

Right. OPH replied to my e-mail. The information may be useful for Ajax fans who want to watch a game in London, so here goes.

There's a pub in Central London (just off Leicester Square) where they show loads of games and have access to countless TV stations from all over the world.

De Hems
11 Macclesfield Street
LONDON, W1V 7LF
Tel: 0871 332 4896
(nearest tube station: Leicester Square)

Just give 'em a call and see if they can help you. If not, this is your second option:

The Famous Three Kings (a.k.a. the 'F3K')
171 North End Road
FULHAM, W14 9NL
Tel: 0871 332 6425
(nearest tube station: West Kensington)

Thanks, OPH! :xyxthumbs:

K.
Just read your post Ko. I'll be in "De Hems" from about 1/2 hour before kick-off (need to re-check that London time after the disaster of the first leg). They'll definately show the game. I'll be wearing this years home shirt with "Anastasiou 17" on the back if anyone wants to say hello (there won't be too many of them around :headbang: ).
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

raymon
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » wo aug 24, 2005 11:22 am

Does anyone know if this game is broadcasted somewhere (in the area of) in Bedford or Cambridge? :eusa_pray:

gforce99

Bericht door gforce99 » vr aug 26, 2005 1:57 pm

Any Americans out there get ESPN Deportes?

raymon
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » vr aug 26, 2005 11:07 pm

'People' have told me that Ajax - Feyenoord will be shown on one of the channels in this quite little program. I am going to try it. It seems it will be broadcasted on GOALTV2.

http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/media/ppstreamsetup.exe

raymon
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » zo aug 28, 2005 11:30 am

Above post does work guys!

Drecul

Bericht door Drecul » zo aug 28, 2005 11:30 am

u better f***cking believe it!
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win- M.Ghandi

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di aug 30, 2005 8:41 am

Kowalczyk schreef:There is an upside and a downside to the whole De Mol thing...<SNIP>
For you foreigners it won't make much of a difference. I actually think that your chance of seeing an Ajax game on a regular basis will increase. Talpa are only interested in money, so I'm sure they'll try to strike some international deals for Eredivisie rights sooner or later. They are more likely to do that than the NOS.

K.
K has proven to be quiet prophetic ( :worshippy: ) on this....

In Belgium, Canal+ is offering new sports packages ("Prime Sport") with digital subscriptions that will include live Eredivisie games, and internationals from countries other that Belgium (i.e. Holland). The services will be provided by the Telenet cable provider (mostly Flemish part of the country). The French speaking parts of the country have a different version of Canal+ ("Be.") who's sports package focuses on the French league, but as I live on the Flem side (just) I don't care.

As always, things are complicated in this little country, but I think the net result will be more access to Eredivisie voetbal......

:eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

cdnajaxfan

Ajax-Arsenal game on TSN in Canada

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » za sep 10, 2005 2:09 pm

The Ajax-Arsenal game on Sept. 27th will be showed tape delay at Midnight (Technically 0:00 in Sept. 28th) on TSN (The Sports Network) in Canada.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Re: Ajax-Arsenal game on TSN in Canada

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo sep 11, 2005 6:22 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:The Ajax-Arsenal game on Sept. 27th will be showed tape delay at Midnight (Technically 0:00 in Sept. 28th) on TSN (The Sports Network) in Canada.
Same thing goes for ESPN International tape delay 8 pm eastern for those of you in the US.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo sep 14, 2005 7:56 am

Dear frogs,
We can watch this evening's game on canal-satellite for 10€.
The price was about 5€ per game last season .... but still that's better than "watching the game on uefa.com" ...
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie