Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Re: Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do feb 20, 2014 7:47 pm

This question may have been posed already, if so apologies...

Can anyone let me know (particularly the Dutchies) if there are any decent Ajax podcasts out there.
In Dutch is not a problem.

Cheers,

MP
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di jun 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Great news for next season is that Sky is to launch Sky Sports 5, which is dedicated to european football... and most excitingly will have large coverage of the Eredivisie... :blub.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jun 13, 2014 10:48 am

I have been away for a few days,but came home last night and sky were advertsing this new channel and suddenly our magically shirt appears with the news that Dutch football is on Sky .Great news .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo dec 31, 2014 11:08 pm

Wiziwig closed up shop today because of new laws in Spain where they were headquartered. http://www.wiziwig.tv/offline.html Too bad as they were always a reliable source for streams and didn't have all the popups that some of the Russian based sites do. I guess we will need to find a new source of stream information in the new year.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Bad news as wiziwig was the best of the streams. I used Firstrow.eu.so just went on there and it still works but I notice it says visitors from UK and USA are not welcomed as it is illegal for them to show streams in those countries. Not sure what comeback there would be but I wont use this.

I imagine some more streams will appear.Clearly the Premier league are behind all this.They make so much money but not everyone wants streams for the Premiership.

I am lucky that sky are showing Ajax games but who knows if that is a just a one off year.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jan 02, 2015 1:31 am

I've heard a lot of people complain that firstrow streams tend to come with viruses and trojan horses. I find that rojadirecta is still pretty reliable.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo jan 04, 2015 9:40 am

The best site I have come across is the Russian one: http://livetv.ru/en/

They stream everything and, for some reason, always give the eredivisie a prominent place on their page.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jan 04, 2015 3:18 pm

rjf1 schreef:The best site I have come across is the Russian one: http://livetv.ru/en/

They stream everything and, for some reason, always give the eredivisie a prominent place on their page.
I've used that one in the past but they have lots of pop ups and one always worries about malware with Russian sites.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

FearNoArt

Bericht door FearNoArt » za jan 10, 2015 11:43 am

Tjeck this site out, they show all Ajax matches and alot of other matches around the world..

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jan 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Which site, FearNoArt?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 10, 2015 3:06 pm

The following sites lists streams:

http://www.rojadirecta.me/
http://livetv.sx/en/

I have used both in the past though the livetv.sx site has lots of pop ups and some sketchy links.

FearNoArt

Bericht door FearNoArt » za jan 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Whoops, sorry forgot the name of the site.. here you go : http://sportlemon.org/

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za jan 17, 2015 5:48 pm

This could be useful, a friend just alerted me to the fact that there are subreddits for most football clubs and links to match streams often get posted in there. I checked and there is indeed an Ajax subreddit (forgive me for just catching up to the 21st century). Here's the thread for yesterday's game, looks like there were streams posted: Match Thread: Ajax - FC Groningen [Round 18 - 20.00CET].

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 16, 2015 5:19 pm

Just saw a post on Big Soccer about a new streaming service that will be carrying all Eredivisie matches. It's only available for the USA at this point in time. They are carrying other leagues as well but only those don't already have a big US contract (Russia, Portugal, Bolivia, Chile). It's free for the next three months which will get to the end of the league season. I don't know what the subscription price is as I couldn't find it in a quick review of the site. You can stream to computer AND other mobile devices which is cool. Web site is: https://www.ngsn.com/

I will likely give it a try and hope it beats stream searching. :blub.gif: They won't have CL or EL football as those are already contracted for.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo mar 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Fox Soccer is so ridiculous - they are currently showing the Rangers game (Scottish Championship) live on tv and yet they refuse to show the Dutch league.

This makes no sense at all does it?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo mar 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Perhaps Glasgow Rangers is giving away money to make stations show their games....... :blush.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Fox Soccer would need to pay more money to carry Dutch league matches in the US. Sky Sports, part of the Murdoch media empire that includes Fox Sports, has rights to the league. I know they broadcast matches in England as SPL watches them on Sky. I don't know whether the Scottish league is popular in the US or not as I've never watched a single match. As I've already noted, if you are in the US you can watch Dutch matches via the new Internet channel ngsn.com As far as I could tell this is the same stream that Sky has the commentators were English. Matches are archived and can be watched after they are played. I had a choir rehearsal yesterday so I couldn't watch the ADO match until dinner time here in the US.

I have a computer hooked up to my TV so I was able to stream it directly to the big screen. The picture was good with some occasional ghosting but there were no dropouts such as occur with many Internet feeds. The service is free for the next three months and then will cost about $7/month.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 04, 2015 8:06 pm

I was out this afternoon but checked to see if the main streams were working but bad news for us in UK.livetv and rojadirect are now blocked by sky on orders of the high court .Expect all other providers in Uk are the same.Seems as if here in the UK all main illegal streams are being shut down.Obviously EPL is behind it but Sky and BT are paying millions so want them shut down.

I did read that sky's deal with eredivisie is for 4 years so I will be lucky again this season.In the end the only 2 games sky did not broadcast were our last 2 matches.( as the title was already won they did not show any live games for those last 2 rounds).

If I want to watch any of our European games or Dutch cup I will probably have to go without.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mar 12, 2016 9:21 pm

Looks like NGSN.com who carried Eredivisie matches have folded. No live matches are being shown this weekend but they do have the archived ones still up. This is bad news for those of us in the US who enjoyed watching high quality feeds. They were getting the Fox Sports feed. I guess there must have been a money problem somewhere. I thought is was too good to be true. I don't know why in this day and age that Fox and the other big broadcasters don't show matches over the Internet for a subscription. They know from the IP address where your computer is and I for one would pay a reasonable price for Ajax/Eredivisie matches.

Back to streams I guess!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mar 12, 2016 11:04 pm

Quick update. Someone over on the Big Soccer forum pointed out that Ajax matches are carried on Univision Deportes, our Spanish language network here in the US. It's part of my cable package that includes BeIn sports. Tomorrow's match against NEC will be carried live.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr jul 22, 2016 7:02 pm

From what I can see on the Fox Sports website, their "Fox Sports GO" internet-only service won't be available without a subscription to Dutch pay TV for the coming season: http://www.foxsports.nl/abonneren/#fox-sports-go

Not sure what the point of this is, maybe one of the Dutch members knows what's going on. Otherwise, it looks like it's back to flash streams for me this year!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Looks like streams in the US. I don't think NGSN is coming back.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » za jul 23, 2016 12:33 am

Orange14 schreef:Looks like NGSN.com who carried Eredivisie matches have folded. No live matches are being shown this weekend but they do have the archived ones still up. This is bad news for those of us in the US who enjoyed watching high quality feeds. They were getting the Fox Sports feed. I guess there must have been a money problem somewhere. I thought is was too good to be true. I don't know why in this day and age that Fox and the other big broadcasters don't show matches over the Internet for a subscription. They know from the IP address where your computer is and I for one would pay a reasonable price for Ajax/Eredivisie matches.

Back to streams I guess!
Like MLB. I have a subscription. The site checks if i am outside the blacked out region and off I go.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jul 23, 2016 9:58 am

Orange14 schreef:Looks like streams in the US. I don't think NGSN is coming back.
SPL uses Sky Sports and in the UK can often see Ajax live via the red button. Is it possible to receive that overseas?
Tom_ schreef:From what I can see on the Fox Sports website, their "Fox Sports GO" internet-only service won't be available without a subscription to Dutch pay TV for the coming season: http://www.foxsports.nl/abonneren/#fox-sports-go

Not sure what the point of this is, maybe one of the Dutch members knows what's going on. Otherwise, it looks like it's back to flash streams for me this year!
How did you watch the games last seasons?
You've paid a small amount to get FOX SPORTS GO?

Probably this service will stay available for people who have a tv subscription to this in The Netherlands. So perhaps a couple of Dutch Ajaxtalk members could share their online account with some of you guys as sharing the login codes is possible.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za jul 23, 2016 11:54 am

Yeah, I paid for Fox Sports for about five years now (used to be called eredivisie live) and used a "smart dns" that makes it look as though I am in the Netherlands.

Plaats reactie