Mauro Rosales

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

pizza 5

Mauro Rosales

Bericht door pizza 5 » za feb 19, 2005 11:18 pm

Sorry to upset my good mate kozalowski(?) but this guy Rosales is crap.Ok so I dont get to see him every game,but I have never seen him have a good one.He is just to small,I think to make a living as a professional footballer you have to be taller than mini-me.He gets knocked off the ball to easily and spends 50% of the time on his arse or getting back up again.Maybe if we kept the roof closed he wouldnt have to contend with the wind in the stadium as well.The guy is a dwarf.His legs are so short they almost dont reach the ground.We should sell him back the the Enchanted Forrest F.C. where he can play happily with all the other elves and pixies.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Co Adriaanse is God

Bericht door Co Adriaanse is God » zo feb 20, 2005 1:50 am

You seem to have latched on to the idea doing the rounds among many Dutch Ajax supporters that Ajax should all of a sudden have only tall, physically strong players. Well you also need smaller players because they have extra speed and mobility, especially on the wing (take as examples Overmars or Wright-Phillips). Rosales has been one of the stronger players this year with his movement around the pitch, linking up wth the striker, Trabelsi, the midfield - his runs and movement are a constant threat - and he's scored several this season too; but you may be partially right because he doesn't get enough crosses in. He's a more free-moving winger, not the old-fashioned knock-it-forward-and-cross type (who are too predictable to be honest, and easy to defend against). He has been in a slump recently though, which games have you seen of him? His first five or so games were poor, then he burst into life in October and had great form up till the winter break, then since the restart has struggled again. In a recent interview, though, he has said that in the next few weeks he really wants to step it up.

Holland is physically an extremely tough league. Part of the reason I think Ajax has had success in the past is because it didn't try to fight physique with physique, but played a system based on physical, tall teams' weaknesses, i.e. they were slower, generally had less technical ability, less stamina. Ajax's fast-paced one-touch passing game and flowing movement on and off the ball created problems for physical teams. Now, however, Koeman is fighting physique with physique, and Ajax's play is static and based far more on aerial power, with long ball played far more often than I can ever remember in Ajax's history. This gives the advantage to teams who have less skill than Ajax but more physique.
Laatst gewijzigd door Co Adriaanse is God op zo feb 20, 2005 1:56 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
"The manager's job is to bring together the differing wills of each individual into one collective will." - Co Adriaanse

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » zo feb 20, 2005 1:55 am

I totally agree with pizza... I am so totally unimpressed by rosales I heard all these great stories about him before he came well I haven't seen anything of it... he was suposed to have a really good long pass well I havn't seen one good assist...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 20, 2005 10:33 am

Best Ajax purchase in many, many years. Absolute star. He seems to be losing some form at the moment, but Den Haag away, Feyenoord at home, Willem II away, Bayern at home (to name but a few)... Yummie. What a delight to see this guy in action.

I personally think Maxwell, Trabelsi, Sneijder and Rosales are our four best players by far. Seriously.

K.
Still alive...

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » zo feb 20, 2005 12:57 pm

Rosales is definatley not in the same league as Overmars or Wright-Phillips.He goes missing in games for long periods and contributes little to the total team play.Some small guys can still be robust and hold on to the ball because of a low centre of gravity(I seem to remember Maradona holding off the entire England defence and he was no giant).We need a mixture of tall and short players but this guy is a dead loss.In my view he should be shipped out as we change into a 3-5-2 system.4-3-3 with two wingers who cant beat players or cross a ball to a loan striker are not going to create many goal scoring chances....and this is exactly what we have at the moment.

We should play 3-5-2

Grygera-Heitinga-SQD

Trabelsi-Pienaar-VDV-Scneijder-Maxwell

Babel-Bubble

These players in this formation would get us moving in the right direction.

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » zo feb 20, 2005 1:02 pm

Oh Yeah....and Guus Hiddink as coach.If you gave him these young players in this formation we would clean up in Holland and at least make an impression in Europe as well.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma feb 21, 2005 9:34 am

pizza 5 schreef: We should play 3-5-2

Grygera-Heitinga-SQD

Trabelsi-Pienaar-VDV-Scneijder-Maxwell

Babel-Bubble

These players in this formation would get us moving in the right direction.
I do agree on 1 thing. Why does Koeman persist with 4-3-3 when it is not working at all???

Would play a slight variation on the 3-5-2 though, would be more a 3-4-1-2 formation.
Trabelsi-Escude-Maxwell
De Ridder-Pienaar-Scneijder-Rosales
VDV
Babel-God knows who
Please Mr Koeman put De Ridder in the team for good...

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr feb 25, 2005 8:49 pm

Yet ANOTHER crap performance from the vertically challenged one last night.Lets hope that Koeman takes him to his new club.Even for the goal it was Trabelsi who made the run, beat the defender and picked out the cross.Babel done really well with the finish,it must have been a real shock to recieve a decent cross from the wing.Shows what could happen if we did have a decent winger though.Anyway,lets hope the new coach switches to
3-5-2.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za feb 26, 2005 9:48 am

vs. Auxerre was the first time I've seen the bloke play, and I wasn't that impressed really. I know he's had good performances (so I'm told), but he spends a lot of time diving and getting the ball taken off him...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za feb 26, 2005 10:57 am

Chugger schreef:vs. Auxerre was the first time I've seen the bloke play, and I wasn't that impressed really. I know he's had good performances (so I'm told), but he spends a lot of time diving and getting the ball taken off him...
He's a star, I saw him against Den Bosch, he wasn't really good but on some occasions he just made fun of his defender. He showed great crossing skills in training, too. Besides two of my argentinian friends told me that he is the bomb. I tend to believe them, and I guess that with much time (he doesn't know the language, its fucking cold, the team plays like crap) everything will be fine.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 26, 2005 2:59 pm

Pizza 5 will change his mind soon enough. I betcha.

Matter of time.

Wait and see, Pizza. Wait and see.

K.
Still alive...

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » ma mar 21, 2005 10:55 pm

USELESS F***ING DWARF.

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » ma mar 21, 2005 11:55 pm

he still sucks, havn't seen one good cross in four games...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 11:03 am

Ro-saales!!
Ro-saales!!
Ro-saales!!
Ro-saales!!

:headbang:

K.
Still alive...

joey
Erelid

Bericht door joey » di mar 22, 2005 11:07 am

Rosales is the best winger we have. By far. :yes:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 22, 2005 11:14 am

He sucks : nothing but running like mad and getting brought down 30 meters away from the goal.
Appie, stay strong !

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mar 22, 2005 11:36 am

philippe schreef:He sucks : nothing but running like mad and getting brought down 30 meters away from the goal.
Hail Rosales !

Arwin

Bericht door Arwin » di mar 22, 2005 11:58 am

joey schreef:Rosales is the best winger we have. By far. :yes:

I haven't seen him playing many good matches for Ajax. I hope he needs some rest and will become the player we all want to see, but currently I'm very dissapointed with his play.

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » di mar 22, 2005 12:46 pm

joey schreef:Rosales is the best winger we have. By far. :yes:

Hahahahaahahaaha that is true... but I'm not sure you meant that in a positive way...

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » di mar 22, 2005 11:19 pm

Rosales is a winger??????

I thought wingers are supposed to beat opponents and get crosses into the box.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mar 23, 2005 8:59 am

he is a falling winger
Appie, stay strong !

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo mar 23, 2005 9:32 am

its hard to judge players at the moment as the entire team is playing crap football. rosales has huge potential, but then again, so does most of the team. maybe if they learnt how to play football with passion again we would be raving about not only rosales, but most of the rest.

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » wo mar 23, 2005 10:08 am

how can you tell rosales has potential, I haven't seen any signs in that direction, at least with players like van der vaart, pienaar, sneijder there have been games where they played brilliantly, I haven't even seen a brilliant moment with rosales.

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » do apr 07, 2005 8:20 pm

I have just had a text from my good mate Kozlawowski(?) to say that our man crossed the ball for the first goal tonight.He then went on to say that Mitea scored it with a header??????
I have a feeling he may be pissed and seeing things.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » do apr 07, 2005 8:49 pm

Pizza 5 I think he must be pissed as I swear I saw Rosales with a red nose,face paint and big shoes at our local big tent show tonight?

Gesloten