Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

A'dam Tournament

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 26, 2006 1:40 pm

Internazionale replace Galatasaray in LG Amsterdam Tournament 2006

http://english.ajax.nl/show/id=118083/contentid=47320

Doesn't make a difference for Ajax. We would not have played Galatasaray/Inter anyway. We play Porto and Man United.

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr mei 26, 2006 4:02 pm

Kowalczyk said:
Doesn't make a difference for Ajax. We would not have played Galatasaray/Inter anyway. We play Porto and Man United.

Thats where you are wrong mate, Ajax now play Inter instead of Porto. God knows why.....

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 26, 2006 4:21 pm

WTF... You're right.

That's bollocks. We've played Inter five times in recent seasons (one friendly and four 'real' games) and now we're supposed to enjoy another friendly against them...?

No way!

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr mei 26, 2006 5:04 pm

Kowalzcyk said:
WTF... You're right.
That's bollocks. We've played Inter five times in recent seasons (one friendly and four 'real' games) and now we're supposed to enjoy another friendly against them...?
No way!

My mate is a Porto fan, he claims Ajax are scared of Porto...lol, as if Porto are stronger then Inter, well he seems to think Porto are stronger then Inter. I think it may have something to do with Adriaanse, for some funny reason, then again, practically the whole board is replaced, so I dont know, I should imagine this was the board's decision.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 26, 2006 6:09 pm

Ayman schreef:My mate is a Porto fan, he claims Ajax are scared of Porto...lol, as if Porto are stronger then Inter, well he seems to think Porto are stronger then Inter. I think it may have something to do with Adriaanse, for some funny reason, then again, practically the whole board is replaced, so I dont know, I should imagine this was the board's decision.
Seriously - that's not true. It's not even Ajax's tournament. Ajax can't take these decisions.

They want to sell as many tickets as possible, and that's why I find this decision a bit odd: most Dutchies would be more up for a game against Porto than for a game against Inter, for sure.

Perhaps it's got something to do with live broadcasts in Italy or something.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 28, 2006 1:09 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:According to reports here in Holland Barcelona have invited Ajax for their traditional pre-season game (Joan Gamper Cup) at the Nou Camp. It is the opening game of the new season for Barcelona. Last season they invited AC Milan.
Right. This one ain't gonna happen. Ajax turned the invitation down, because the game doesn't fit into their pre-season agenda: the Champions League qualifiers will be (too) close by that time. Barcelona have now invited Bayern Munich instead.

I hope they will invite us again next year or the year after.

In the mean time, Ajax did add another pre-season game against a Dutch non-league side to their schedule: SV De Lutte vs Ajax on 12 July, kick-off 19:30 CET. We will add it to out pre-season matches page on Ajax USA.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo mei 28, 2006 5:26 pm

RE: Barca,Ajax are too busy with friendlies as it is. I'm just glad a few players will be getting a post-WC break.I wouldn't mind less friendlies if it meant CL Q success and a good start in the league. As for Inter, playing Inter again...2002 and 2005 CL and at least twice in the Amsterdam Tourney in recent years...is really getting monotonous.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

A'dam Tournament

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 06, 2006 10:36 pm

Just noticed something that I hadn't noticed before...

The Amsterdam Tournament is on Friday 04 August and Saturday 05 August this year. In previous years it was always on Friday and Sunday. Check the official website of the tourney...

http://www.lgamsterdamtournament.com/schedule.php

Ajax play Inter on Friday and Man Utd on Saturday, for those interested in going.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 27, 2006 9:50 am

In the winter break Ajax will go to South Africa, just like last season, for a visit to Ajax Cape Town, a friendly against the 'sister club' and one or two other friendlies.

At season's end a trip to China is on the agenda. Ajax go there for commercial reasons: general director Maarten Fontein used to work in China and he knows the market there. He believes that Ajax can make shitloads of money in China. Ajax will also play two or three friendlies in China during that trip.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo sep 27, 2006 10:30 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:In the winter break Ajax will go to South Africa, just like last season, for a visit to Ajax Cape Town, a friendly against the 'sister club' and one or two other friendlies.

At season's end a trip to China is on the agenda. Ajax go there for commercial reasons: general director Maarten Fontein used to work in China and he knows the market there. He believes that Ajax can make shitloads of money in China. Ajax will also play two or three friendlies in China during that trip.

K.
I think it about god damn time we start marketing the team better abroad, Ajax has always seemed to be in a dutch cocoon, meanwhile other teams (including PSV) start delving into other markets especially the asian one. I think it certeanly a move forward and a very good move.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 31, 2006 10:02 am

Just one friendly confirmed for the winter break so far:

Ajax Cape Town vs Ajax Amsterdam

To be played on Sunday 14 January 2007, kick-off time 15:45 (local time, that's 14:45 CET). Venue: Cape Town's Athlone Stadium. Ajax will be on a training camp in Cape Town from 08 to 17 January.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 11, 2007 11:33 am

From Elf ('Eleven') magazine:

Ajax have decided to call off their post-season trip to China. The club management feel that the entire squad should take a summer break from June 9th onwards.

Another reason to cancel the trip is the fact that some of the Ajax players will be called up after the season for friendly internationals. This would have made it impossible for Ajax to play their China friendlies with their best players.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Pre-Season Friendlies, Summer 2007

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za apr 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Good news!

After two pre-season trips to Germany, Ajax want to restore an old tradition this year: the 'U.K. friendlies'. Opponents are as yet unconfirmed, but according to Ajax Netwerk the club has been in touch with Aberdeen FC, who reportedly told Ajax 'no thanks'. Hopefully they'll find a few nice opponents.

Of course Ajax will also go to De Lutte in July for their traditional pre-season training camp in the east of The Netherlands. Three friendly fixtures have been confirmed so far: amateur sides GFC (16 July) and Quick '20 (18 July) and (very nice!) a match against First Division outfit Go Ahead Eagles (21 July).

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Re: Pre-Season Friendlies, Summer 2007

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo apr 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Good news!

After two pre-season trips to Germany, Ajax want to restore an old tradition this year: the 'U.K. friendlies'. Opponents are as yet unconfirmed, but according to Ajax Netwerk the club has been in touch with Aberdeen FC, who reportedly told Ajax 'no thanks'. Hopefully they'll find a few nice opponents.

K.
I understand that Braintree Town have a free date. Ko - maybe you can influence a decision in Amsterdam and I will try and put in a good word over here for Ajax.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo apr 15, 2007 4:16 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:

K.
I understand that Braintree Town have a free date. Ko - maybe you can influence a decision in Amsterdam and I will try and put in a good word over here for Ajax.
:xyxthumbs: from me. At least I can get there. Yeez, Amsterdam itself is about 2 x closer than Aberdeen which I saw mentioned as another possible UK friendly.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo apr 18, 2007 4:30 pm

K.
It will finally be in Scotland : Rangers (July 24th) and Falkirk FC (July 28th).

http://english.ajax.nl/web/show/id=1548 ... ntid=62510
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 18, 2007 4:47 pm

YES! F*CKING YES!

:tifoajax:

That's bloody fantastic. I especially look forward to Falkirk. Rangers is nice, but I've been to Glasgow many times and they're one of those clubs we will probably play again in UEFA competition, sooner or later. I love the smaller clubs. Smaller places. Let's all get pissed up in Falkirk.

http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/falkirk.htm

K.
Still alive...

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo apr 18, 2007 5:19 pm

Have been to both places many times in my days following the Jags - so looking forward to renewing old rivalries. Also Falkirk have a new ground and not Brockville which sadly they moved from - very old fashioned ground with a shed running down one side. But nice enough town and only 40 mins from Glasgow by train.

Should be a good trip but surely must be another game inbetween - or could mean a few days trip back to home town in Highlands

Slainte
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » wo apr 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:YES! F*CKING YES!

:tifoajax:

That's bloody fantastic. I especially look forward to Falkirk. Rangers is nice, but I've been to Glasgow many times and they're one of those clubs we will probably play again in UEFA competition, sooner or later. I love the smaller clubs. Smaller places. Let's all get pissed up in Falkirk.

http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/falkirk.htm

K.
I'll most defnitely be there, for the rangers game as well, fucking love that club. Best news i've heard since Davids signed :yes:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 26, 2007 12:49 pm

... and one more overdue news report, boys and girls!

Here's a little something on the pre-season campaign for this summer:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2006-2007/ ... shape.html

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

A'dam Tourney

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 15, 2007 8:11 am

According to Sky TV, Ajax, Atletico Madrid and Newcastle United have been contracted for this summer's Amsterdam Tournament at the ArenA. The fourth particpating team is as yet unconfirmed, but - according to Sky - will be an Italian side.

The dates for the tournament: Thursday 02 August and Saturday 04 August.

Mind you: this has been announced by Sky, but has not yet been confirmed by the LG Amsterdam Tournament itself, or by Ajax, for that matter.

K.
Still alive...

elliquido

Bericht door elliquido » di mei 15, 2007 9:54 pm

i'll be there..
by car, with the boat to newcastle
for sure
NOOIT meer Seedorf a.u.b.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 16, 2007 8:35 am

Ummm, the Amsterdam Tournament (with Newcastle United) is in Amsterdam...

Or are you talking about the friendlies in Scotland?

K.
Still alive...

elliquido

Bericht door elliquido » wo mei 16, 2007 11:55 am

the friendly's in scotland
NOOIT meer Seedorf a.u.b.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » do mei 17, 2007 9:43 am

Re the sub-standard line up for the 2007 Amsterdam tournament.

I'm not sure if this means that Ajax now recognise that they can't beat top-class football teams anymore, or that the tournament has lost its pulling power after players got sent off and banned in the tournament in the last couple of years. Ferguson said that he would never bring Manchester United back to the tournament after Rooney was sent off and earned himself a three match ban in the real world.

I think Adidas is going to have to pull a lot of strings to keep this tournament afloat in the future.

Plaats reactie