Former Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 12, 2007 10:23 am

philippe schreef:Maybe it is the right time to get in touch with van Gaal and offer him a nice job with Ajax for next season ? :bigups:
That won't happen, but I do believe that we haven't seen the last of Louis van Gaal at Ajax... Just a feeling.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma mar 12, 2007 11:08 am

Kowalczyk schreef: I do believe that we haven't seen the last of Louis van Gaal at Ajax... Just a feeling.

K.
I do hope the near future will prove you right, the sooner the better.:inlove2
Appie, stay strong !

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma mar 12, 2007 12:03 pm

I would be very surprised if vG took over the Oz role, but I think we could do much worse. I know with Oranje it didn't work, but then I think the Australian team doesn't have the ego to match most of the Dutch players and would probably thrive of vG's type of approach.

I would much prefer him than say Klinsmann, who is another name getting thrown around here.

From the interview though, I think he would love the challenge, but he would love a chance of winning the WC with a "bigger" country more so.

Can't say I blame him.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma mar 12, 2007 1:57 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
philippe schreef:Maybe it is the right time to get in touch with van Gaal and offer him a nice job with Ajax for next season ? :bigups:
That won't happen, but I do believe that we haven't seen the last of Louis van Gaal at Ajax... Just a feeling.

K.
Exactly. It's just a matter of time, when he becomes an ajax coach again

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma mar 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Van basten schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
Exactly. It's just a matter of time, when he becomes an ajax coach again
Self fulfilling prophecy ?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 12, 2007 3:14 pm

Van basten schreef:Exactly. It's just a matter of time, when he becomes an ajax coach again
Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, I would say, but when Ten Cate disappears from the stage (whenever and for whatever reason) I think Van Gaal will be a 'dark horse' for the job, for sure. Could be a good idea to put some money on it when the time comes...

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma mar 12, 2007 3:49 pm

there we are :biggrin:
Appie, stay strong !

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma apr 02, 2007 9:14 am

Van Gaal signed for two more years with AZ.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 12, 2007 11:36 am

Let's talk Van Gaal! :headbang:

In the Ajax vs NAC Breda match thread I called Van Gaal a "great coach", to which our good mate Van Basten replied that the man is not a great coach, because he failed to qualify for the World Cup 2002 with Holland.

Please allow me...

@ Van Basten: If one bad fuck-up means more to you than the rest of his career... well, alright.

Van Gaal's work at Ajax, AZ and even Barcelona can not be denied. At Ajax and AZ he was an absolute king. At Barcelona he wasn't, mainly because he clashed with his players and the press over there, but he did win the Spanish championship with them and in retrospect the results weren't all that bad.

As for 'Oranje 2002': I am convinced that a lot of shit was going down in that team, at the time. We have no idea. Van Gaal must have made huge mistakes, but I also believe that the boys of his own 'Class of 1995' were pretty much out of control by this time. And they were ageing too. It was a sinking ship - and Van Gaal happened to be the captain.

Don't get me wrong: he wasn't the right man in the right place at the right time, and he didn't exactly shine, but I'm pretty convinced that certain bad developments within that squad were unstoppable. And the '2002 disaster' alone definitely doesn't make Van Gaal a bad coach or manager.

K.
Still alive...

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do apr 12, 2007 11:52 am

i never said that he is bad manager :eusa_naughty: :D he is very good, but not great

If AZ will win eredivise and the KNVB cup this year, then i will take my hat and acclaim that he is great one :D

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 12, 2007 11:58 am

Ah, right... :aai:

K.
Still alive...

Thom

Bericht door Thom » do apr 12, 2007 1:30 pm

He is great already...no doubt in my mind about that. I love the guy, his presumptuousness, his socalled arrogance, the sheer conviction that he is right and others aren' t: I love it. Van Gaal on the 5 countries that he may manage during 2010: he allows them to contact him. What self-confidence! Ajax should never have let him go, big, big mistake. His wishes should have been Ajax' command. :worshippy:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 12, 2007 3:15 pm

Thomvak425 schreef:He is great already...no doubt in my mind about that. I love the guy, his presumptuousness, his socalled arrogance, the sheer conviction that he is right and others aren' t: I love it. Van Gaal on the 5 countries that he may manage during 2010: he allows them to contact him. What self-confidence! Ajax should never have let him go, big, big mistake. His wishes should have been Ajax' command. :worshippy:
Didn't he leave after losing a power struggle to Koeman?

Oops.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Thom

Bericht door Thom » do apr 12, 2007 3:26 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Thomvak425 schreef:He is great already...no doubt in my mind about that. I love the guy, his presumptuousness, his socalled arrogance, the sheer conviction that he is right and others aren' t: I love it. Van Gaal on the 5 countries that he may manage during 2010: he allows them to contact him. What self-confidence! Ajax should never have let him go, big, big mistake. His wishes should have been Ajax' command. :worshippy:
Didn't he leave after losing a power struggle to Koeman?

Oops.
Yep. Think so. Doesn't make it any better. They should have kicked Koe out and left him in. For life.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Yep. Think so. Doesn't make it any better. They should have kicked Koe out and left him in. For life.
Definitely not one of the better choices made by the powers that be at Ajax. :nooo:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 12, 2007 4:31 pm

Yeah, they chose the wrong guy's side, for sure.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » do apr 12, 2007 7:41 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Let's talk Van Gaal! :headbang:

In the Ajax vs NAC Breda match thread I called Van Gaal a "great coach", to which our good mate Van Basten replied that the man is not a great coach, because he failed to qualify for the World Cup 2002 with Holland.

Please allow me...

@ Van Basten: If one bad fuck-up means more to you than the rest of his career... well, alright.

Van Gaal's work at Ajax, AZ and even Barcelona can not be denied. At Ajax and AZ he was an absolute king. At Barcelona he wasn't, mainly because he clashed with his players and the press over there, but he did win the Spanish championship with them and in retrospect the results weren't all that bad.

As for 'Oranje 2002': I am convinced that a lot of shit was going down in that team, at the time. We have no idea. Van Gaal must have made huge mistakes, but I also believe that the boys of his own 'Class of 1995' were pretty much out of control by this time. And they were ageing too. It was a sinking ship - and Van Gaal happened to be the captain.

Don't get me wrong: he wasn't the right man in the right place at the right time, and he didn't exactly shine, but I'm pretty convinced that certain bad developments within that squad were unstoppable. And the '2002 disaster' alone definitely doesn't make Van Gaal a bad coach or manager.

K.
:yes:

And another thing or 3: the retirement of Bergkamp, the injury problems Louis had to contend with for the home fixtures v's Portugal and Ireland and the drug scandal which deprived him of Frank de Boer and Davids for the crucial Dublin showdown with the Irish Republic.

Netherlands v's Ireland - injured players: Davids, Zenden, Stam, Numan, Van Nistelrooij and Overmars.

Netherlands v's Portugal - injured players: Zenden, Stam, Numan, Van Nistelrooij, Van Bronkhorst and Ronald de Boer.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 13, 2007 7:20 am

Oh dear, ajaxusa continued to discuss Louis van Gaal in the Ajax vs NAC thread... Cheeky bugger.
ajaxusa schreef:And now I'm ready to be chided by Ko for straying off topic... :sad:
Don't be afraid, man. I'll have mercy on you. All I will do is re-post your message here... There we go!
ajaxusa schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef: We have a good coach; they have a great one.
I've always had a good feeling about Louis, maybe because he was the coach when I first "met" Ajax, and when coincidentally they were becoming the best team in the world. Something about the guy that I really like. When you have the opportunity to meet him, he looks you in the eye and actually listens while you talk.

I can say the same of Co Adriaanse - great interview... but most definitely NOT about Koeman or Danny Blind. No judgment on their abilities as managers. But (strictly by my own experience) they were not engaging conversationalists. Maybe that's why Louis and Co are better with the young players...

Here's a picture of Louis with my son, at a game at De Toekomst. He could not have been more gracious and friendly to us...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/travel/2004pics ... ry-02.html
K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mei 25, 2007 8:40 am

Adriaanse says no to fey@dron, desperately looking for a new coach.
Hard luck :drecul.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr mei 25, 2007 10:21 am

philippe schreef:Adriaanse says no to fey@dron, desperately looking for a new coach.
Hard luck :drecul.gif:
This is very good news IMHO.
Fword are spiraling into their very own Nine Circles of Hell...couldn't happen to a nicer club (other than perhaps ADO).

I have a feeling he'll pop up in the English Premiership soon.

I also think despite the acrimonious way he left Ajax he still has a soft spot for us in his heart. I think the fans helped this enormously by offering him a massive bouquet of flowers when he was AZ coach after there had been some negative chanting from a minority at a previous Ajax v. AZ encounter. The chanting had clearly affected him and the repairs were made. You could see he appreciated the gesture.

If some of the suits at Ajax can swallow their pride I would not be surprised if he came back at some point in the future.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr mei 25, 2007 11:05 am

I'm not sure there are many 'suits' left from those who fired him, right ?

And from what I read this morning, Adriaanse is said to be waiting for Ajax, as Ten Cate contract ends next season...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za mei 26, 2007 6:34 am

Cedric_AeF schreef:I'm not sure there are many 'suits' left from those who fired him, right ?

And from what I read this morning, Adriaanse is said to be waiting for Ajax, as Ten Cate contract ends next season...
Rumors, rumors, rumors...
http://theworldgame.com.au/home/index.p ... &cid=89058
"But the report that he will sign at Ajax when Henk ten Cate steps down after next season, as De Telegraaf wrote, is rubbish."

But there is also the saying "Never say never".

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do jun 14, 2007 8:15 am

Manchester City want Adriaanse :neutral.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jun 14, 2007 1:35 pm

philippe schreef:Manchester City want Adriaanse :neutral.gif:
Also heard (or read, actually) a rumor that they want Koeman. I hope not.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do jun 14, 2007 2:48 pm

philippe schreef:Manchester City want Adriaanse :neutral.gif:
Given Man City's problems with the guy who's trying to buy them (but had all his assets frozen in Thailand) Co would be crazy to go there. The Sevilla coach has already told them to go take a walk....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Plaats reactie