Markus Rosenberg

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Markus Rosenberg

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jun 07, 2005 1:10 pm

Time for an individual player thread for this dude, so that Per and Jakob can post their crap here...

;)

News report is up on Ajax USA! (a bit later than usual, I know; I was away for a concert...).

Welcome, Markus!

K.
Still alive...

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » di jun 07, 2005 2:23 pm

Indeed, Weclome!

If the article is true, I like the idea of a skilled, hard-working center :cheer:

Jocke27

Bericht door Jocke27 » di jun 07, 2005 8:59 pm

I'm from Malmö and I've seen Rosenberg since he was about 11-12 since I'm a year younger. I've even played against him a couple of years ago.
Rosenberg is one of the most talanted players Sweden has produced, with a few exceptions (Zlatan, perhaps?).
He has a tremendous speed and is a true goalscorer.
I've read that he's supposed to play "the number 9" but that surprises me when he's pretty short and he's much better when he's going deep behind the opponents' defenders.
He will be compared to Zlatan but you can't expect that much. Zlatan is one of the "hottest" players in Europe right now and will, according to me, become one of the best players in the world.
And Markus is a totally different kind of player. First of all, he will not cause nearly that much trouble that Zlatan after all, did:).
Zlatan never really became the goalscorer that the Ajax fans wished. Unfortunately for the Ajax fans, that has started now.
I'm confident that Rosenberg will win the Dutch "scoringleague" because he's got goalscoring in his blood...
I hope and believe that Ajax will improve his development even more so that Sweden will have two worldclass, former Ajax-players helping us take revenge on you for the unfair lost in EURO 2004...:)

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » di jun 07, 2005 9:59 pm

I've read that he's supposed to play "the number 9" but that surprises me when he's pretty short and he's much better when he's going deep behind the opponents' defenders.
Fortunately, we have different standards...Rosenberg is apparently 1.85 or so, about 10cm taller than the average AJAX-player at this moment.
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di jun 07, 2005 10:01 pm

Jocke,

thanks for the breakdown of Markus' playing style. I'm a bit afraid that the no9 won't suit him either, but then again it didn't really fit Zlatan either the first season and a half.

Great having another Swede around too.

Cheers

/ Per
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jun 08, 2005 9:19 am

Per schreef:Jocke,

thanks for the breakdown of Markus' playing style. I'm a bit afraid that the no9 won't suit him either, but then again it didn't really fit Zlatan either the first season and a half.

Great having another Swede around too.

Cheers

/ Per
Jocke-

Welcome.

Question for everybody: If Rosenberg isn't a true #9, where will he play? Is he going to be another Sonck-type 442 striker? (God, I hope not.) Is he versatile enough to play on the wings, a la Babel?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Eric*

Bericht door Eric* » wo jun 08, 2005 9:21 am

I understood he is rather quick, though his ball controle leaves much to be desired. You do the math.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jun 08, 2005 9:46 am

Mr. Milton schreef:I understood he is rather quick, though his ball controle leaves much to be desired. You do the math.
Sounds like me, only without the speed. :eusa_dance:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aeckersand

Bericht door aeckersand » wo jun 08, 2005 11:06 am

Today Rosenberg denies that he's offered the number 9 jersey. He said he didn't care about the number and it already was taken by charisteas.
Jocke27 schreef:I've read that he's supposed to play "the number 9" but that surprises me when he's pretty short and he's much better when he's going deep behind the opponents' defenders.
I am not going to correct Jocke here, but isn't it true that this year Markus has played a bit lower since Afonso been taking an extreme striker roll never passing the ball. And Markus has adjusted very well. And different from the rest here I think that he handles the ball with great control even though he isn't a Zlatan or a Ronaldinho.
I think he's very alround and he is in a stage were he needs to develop another 10-20% to become an attraction in Netherlands and I definetly think will make it as a number nine type of player.

And don't forget to check out all the goals he will do against Norway tonight. The highlights will probably show up after the match or at least tomorrow at www.svt.se/fotboll

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jun 08, 2005 12:38 pm

I could imagine him and Babel playing well together, I dont care about Charisteas. :eusa_dance:
Get a Cock

Jocke27

Bericht door Jocke27 » wo jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Well, Rosenberg was loaned to Halmstad last season where he won the swedish "scoringleague". Halmstad was able to fully use Rosenbergs speed because they played very much on counter attack.
He was always running deep.
Since Malmö FF is perhaps the best team in Allsvenskan (The Swedish League), they dominate most of the games.
It's true that Afonso has played on a strikerposition this season but he's the one of the two who comes down to receive passes from the midfield and Rosenberg is the one who goes deep.
Rosenberg has been good this year but he has only scored one goal. On the other hand, he leads the assistleague which he also won last year in Allsvenskan. It might have something to do with the fact that Malmö FF always dominate the games, that he's only scored one goal.
I must admit I'm a bit worried that the dominating and offensive style of play that Ajax has in the dutch league won't suit "Mackan". I'm still optimistic because I think he's got the potential to become a worldclass-player.
But to be honest, my first reflection is that Charisteas is much better suited for the number 9-position.
I know Ajax has always played 4-3-3 but it would be perfect for Charisteas and Rosenberg with 4-4-2. Ofcourse then alot of other players wouldn't be fully used so you could just ignore that:).
To the welcome, thankyou, but I was on this site more that a dousin times a day when Zlatan played in Ajax:).

Eric*

Bericht door Eric* » wo jun 08, 2005 10:01 pm

I share your fear that Rosenberg would function better in a 442 formation with a more neutral or defensive style of play than a pressing team like Ajax.
But surely the scouts and coach took this into consideration as they always do... :D

Surstad

Norway 3 - Sweden 2

Bericht door Surstad » wo jun 08, 2005 11:32 pm

No goals for Rosenberg today and we won 3-2 against Sweden..... :eusa_dance:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 09, 2005 12:18 pm

Um, 'Sweden', is there anything we should know in this article?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/sto ... 22,00.html

K.
Still alive...

aeckersand

Bericht door aeckersand » do jun 09, 2005 12:54 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Um, 'Sweden', is there anything we should know in this article?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/sto ... 22,00.html

K.
Nothing that will make you happy. Rosenberg did a poor performance yesterday. He blaims his form, and denies the fact that the turbulence around him lately had a negative effect on his game.

Then the newspaper speculates that Rosenberg is bought to Ajax to only play in the international matches since that's where his speed can be used while the power of Charisteas is better in the league where the opponents will mainly try to defend against the big and powerful Ajax. I think that's quite stupid logic, but they say dutch media gave for this information.

Feest

Bericht door Feest » do jun 09, 2005 2:06 pm

What's the word on Elmander is Sweden? Is he still highly rated? 'Cause in my honest opinion the guy is utter shite.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do jun 09, 2005 2:26 pm

Steef schreef:What's the word on Elmander is Sweden? Is he still highly rated? 'Cause in my honest opinion the guy is utter shite.
Apparently he had a good game yesterday (I didn't see the game).

He's a bit up and down. Plays a good part for Brondby in the Danish league but he will probably never ba a key international player, at least not in my eyes.

He's a bit hyped up here now.

aeckersand

Bericht door aeckersand » do jun 09, 2005 2:31 pm

Per schreef:
Steef schreef:What's the word on Elmander is Sweden? Is he still highly rated? 'Cause in my honest opinion the guy is utter shite.
Apparently he had a good game yesterday (I didn't see the game).

He's a bit up and down. Plays a good part for Brondby in the Danish league but he will probably never ba a key international player, at least not in my eyes.

He's a bit hyped up here now.
Maybe so, but if you're Laudrup's pet and he wants you to play like himself. Then you have something.

Some journalist asked the question to Elmander. Maybe it's you who should have been picked up by Ajax not Rosenberg. "Yes maybe, but better not, probably wouldn't ne to popoular in feyenoord."

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do jun 09, 2005 3:15 pm

I would never dream of taking someone's pet :koe:

Jocke27

Bericht door Jocke27 » do jun 09, 2005 3:35 pm

The article states according to "dutch sources" that Rosenberg is supposed to be the main alternative in Champions League/UEFA-cup but will sit on the bench in the Dutch League.
The thought is logical in a way but what club buys a player that only is meant to play in CL/UEFA-cup?
Rosenberg is very lucky he's already signed to Ajax because his effort in yesterday's loss against Norway 2-3 (1-0 in halftime, 10 of 11 players in second half wasn't in the "important" game in the World Cup Qualifiers against Malta saturday) was horrible.
I think he managed two or three(!) correct passes and he mostly ran around looking very lost.
Well, he's form hasn't been good the past couple of months so hopefully that will turn around just in time to his arrival in Amsterdam...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jun 09, 2005 9:08 pm

I've just watched the "highlights" of last nights Sweden - Norway game on Eurosport - our man was indeed very anonymous and I fell asleep in the end :sad:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr jun 10, 2005 5:39 pm

I think this guy could be good,lets give him a chance.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di jun 14, 2005 11:04 am

A poor performance yesterday again.

He's in the slump of a lifetime!

Rather now than in a couple of months, right?

Eric*

Bericht door Eric* » di jun 14, 2005 11:15 am

Yay, that inspires a lot of confidence in our new striker...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di jun 14, 2005 1:25 pm

Mr. Milton schreef:Yay, that inspires a lot of confidence in our new striker...
I guess not, but he's 22, he's entitled to a slump now and then. And I think that the whole deal with Ajax is probably in his head right now.

Gesloten