K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Re: Olaf Lindenbergh

Bericht door Per » do jun 09, 2005 4:52 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Here you go: the official Olaf Lindenbergh thread! :yes:

K.
I hadn't even heard it was official.....man I gotta keep up better.

I have no idea what to think of this transfer, you all seem to be pretty split on him. I he going to replace v d V or is he another type?
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » do jun 09, 2005 6:18 pm

I dont know anything of him really. All I can say is that I am happy that there will be an experienced player in the squad. I hope he is the leader type.

I'd like to know what kind of effect this will have on Maduro. Will he now play as a substitute?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 09, 2005 6:49 pm

I too would like to know where Maduro will play as he finished the season as defensive midfielder in place of Galasek.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do jun 09, 2005 7:11 pm

Of what I had read, and it's now confirmed by Ko in his news, Olaf is more a player like Galasek.
So I was wondering why replace him by another player with the same profile, a few years younger but not really better (I don't really know in fact) ? Ok, he was injured this season, but still... And we have Maduro now. But Galasek may be on his way to Benfica, so, this and the fact that Galasek is injury-prone could explain this transfer.

But Maduro would have to stay on the bench, or move in defence, but I'm not sure he can (left back would be great by the way).

I've also read there were rumours that Blind would play with a 3-4-3 next season. I really don't know if it's true, but it could make sense if Maxwell is not replaced and it would leave a place for Maduro on mildfield.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jun 09, 2005 8:50 pm

Not really too sure what to make of this one. I saw him a few times for AZ last season and have some of the games on tape so will be trawling back through them to learn a bit more about him.

Do we know how much the transfer fee was in the end - last I heard, the two sides were just too far apart.

I do follow previous sentiment though - it's nice to have a bit of experience in the team (and he does keep the "home" tally up by being Dutch too which is good to see - I'm no xenophobe but I do like to see Dutch players in the team)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jun 10, 2005 8:01 am

Any word on the transfer fee?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr jun 10, 2005 9:59 am

Transfer fee is approx. 2 million. That's a reasonable price. He is a versatile player and i personally find him better than Galasek. Speaking of Galasek, he will probably move to a Spanish club where he can earn more money to support his family.

Everybody wants a "big" nam, but Lindenbergh will do his work silent and good.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr jun 10, 2005 11:27 am

Where did you find news on Galasek going to Spain?
Get a Cock

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jun 10, 2005 11:48 am

GangstaRiB schreef:Transfer fee is approx. 2 million. That's a reasonable price. He is a versatile player and i personally find him better than Galasek. Speaking of Galasek, he will probably move to a Spanish club where he can earn more money to support his family.

Everybody wants a "big" nam, but Lindenbergh will do his work silent and good.
That's a relief. I'd heard rumors that a 5 million euro fee was in the offing, which would have been seriously wrong. I agree that 2 million is quite reasonable. Sounds like a pretty smart purchase to me.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr jun 10, 2005 6:07 pm

I still think we need another experienced midfielder. I remember in the season 2002/03 we did well in europe and we had two experienced midfielders in Galasek and Litmanen, it helps alot and does make a difference. Now that we have aquired the services of Olaf Lindenburgh (lets not get carried away) we should turn our attention to Denny Landzaat who can play in the number 10 position and will provide Sneijder and Pienaar stiff competition, I know it will be hard, hey no one said it will be easy, but it seems that Real Madrid have lost interest in him according to my Spanish sources. Its worth a try, I mean he might think we are ambitious and he is 29, a four year contract...sign him for £4 million, value for money. Ofcourse I expect AZ Alkmaar would want more £££ for him naturally but its just a thought

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za jun 11, 2005 1:42 pm

A good addition, especially if Galasek follows Koeman as Sporting Life has rumoured.Lindenbergh is at least a couple of years younger than Galasek. With Davids saying he wasn't ready to return to the Netherlands yet,Lindenbergh looks about the best value for money at d-mid.Plus, 2 mil beats the 6 mil I saw quoted by AZ any day. Midfield will be plenty competitve for places. Sneijder's offensive skills look a necessity with Rafael van der Vaart gone. But after that, Lindenbergh, Maduro, De Jong,and Lindgren...to name 4... look in a dogfight for playing time.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 11, 2005 6:27 pm

Galasek is only one year older for the record. Midfield does need to be sorted out , I would imagine Galasek will go along with Obodai but Ajax need to sort out Pienaar aand De Jong's contracts as a matter of urgency.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jun 13, 2005 10:10 am

SPL schreef:Galasek is only one year older for the record. Midfield does need to be sorted out , I would imagine Galasek will go along with Obodai but AJAX need to sort out Pienaar aand De Jong's contracts as a matter of urgency.
According to the Portugese press Ronald Koeman wants to lure Pienaar to Benfica... Which is bad news.

The good news is that the club are talking with both Maduro and Emanuelson about long-term contracts - and both players say that they will do it.

I still think Nigel de Jong is just 'playing hard to get' and that he will sign a renewed deal. Actually, I think Pienaar won't go to Benfica and do the same thing.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma jun 13, 2005 4:25 pm

As long as Sneijder stays :eusa_dance:
Get a Cock

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 13, 2005 6:01 pm

It is Crucial that de Jong and Pienaar stay, and ofcourse id like to see maduro renew his contract. But not Emmanuelson, he is a crappy left back i saw him last year in a friendly against QPR he is useless. As for Sneijder I dont mind him staying aslong as he learns how to defend as a midfielder and toughen up aswell.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di jun 14, 2005 12:32 pm

Yeh I agree, Emanuelson is shit, but I think Pienaar will leave looking for challenge.But I think Olaf would make a good addition in the back
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jun 14, 2005 12:51 pm

So much for Urby then... :nooo:

Come on lads, give the kid a break. How many chances he's had...? Two?He's playing at the World Cup for U-20s at the moment, so he can't be that terrible.

It amazes me: Urby Emanuelson is shit... Markus Rosenberg is already a bad-buy because he's had two crap games in Sweden since he signed for Ajax... Cheer up. Jeezz.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di jun 14, 2005 2:24 pm

In the youth games I wasn't that impressed, I havent seen Rosenberg play so i dont know about him, but we'll see how Urby does...
Get a Cock

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jun 14, 2005 10:48 pm

Urby´s problem is more a manner of confidence, he´s still got time to grow, but in the end i dont think he´s gonna make it, if he were good enough then we wouldent be looking for a left back right now.

Oh and by the way lindenbergh sounds good :xyxthumbs: lets see what he has in store.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 15, 2005 10:47 am

Having also been at the QPR game I agree Urby did not look a world beater but I judged him on the fact that he was 18 years old and had just come out the youth team with barely a reserve game played. He has now had just 1 season as a pro so give him a chance.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 15, 2005 11:03 am

Folks, let's discuss Lindenbergh in this thread...

I just created a special thread for Urby:
http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic.php?t=5494

I re-posted your comments in that thread. Let's continue the Urby-bashing over there... ;)

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 30, 2005 9:35 am

In some other thread I wondered what happened to Lindenbergh...

Here's the deal: he was injured, but recovered and played for Young Ajax in Arnhem yesterday night. It was bad night in many ways: they got stuffed (7-1) and Lindenbergh picked up a new injury. A reporter of Highlow.nl spoke to him after the game and published this slightly depressed-sounding quote on the website: "I'm not well. Picked up an upper leg injury again. Someone hit my upper leg with the knee. It's all stiff now. Tomorrow we'll find out what the situation is, but it doesn't feel good."

Right. It would seriously suck if it's serious, because I have a feeling we might need this guy very soon.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 20, 2006 1:52 pm

In this week's Sportweek magazine Olaf Lindenbergh admits that he is 'looking out for a new club'. He wants to leave Ajax, preferably in January. Lindenbergh says that he has talked about this with Martin van Geel and Henk ten Cate - and the club is reportedly willing to co-operate.

However, Lindenbergh has a contract until 2008 and Ajax paid 2.6 million euros for him - and they want to get a reasonable transfer fee for the 32 year-old midfielder.

I kind of like Lindenbergh. He's a good player. But let's face it: it's not really gonna happen for him and I totally understand for a guy his age that he wants to play.

There have been some rumours that Feyenoord are interested in him, but in the Sportweek interview he says: "I'll probably move abroad."

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo dec 20, 2006 6:58 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: However, Lindenbergh has a contract until 2008 and Ajax paid 2.6 million euros for him - and they want to get a reasonable transfer fee for the 32 year-old midfielder.

K.
I'm afraid that no one will pay more than 1 mln euro... It's the highest price we can get for him. Lindenbergh doesn't have a big chance to join any bigger club, so 1 mln is also impossible :nooo: .

Gesloten