Urby Emanuelson

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mar 28, 2006 8:21 pm

Someone in the Ajax hierarchy has a brain. If they sign Maduro to a similar deal, they will have the following players sewn up for several years:

Sneijder has signed til '09
Urby has signed til '11
Maduro until '11??
Huntelaar until '10
Perez until '09
Rosenberg until '09

That's not a bad core -- six quality players, plus they'll have Stam for two years, which makes for a good mix of youth and experience. I'd like to see them lock up a good central defender, who would play alongside Stam for two years and then lead the defense. Or perhaps bring Chivu back on a long-term deal (I know, wishful thinking). Also, they should bring in a good defensive midfielder and another winger. Perhaps a coach, too. :blush:

But I must say it seems like someone up there has more of a clue than old Arie Ferrari.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Frans

Bericht door Frans » wo mar 29, 2006 10:12 am

aveslacker schreef: That's not a bad core -- six quality players, plus they'll have Stam for two years, which makes for a good mix of youth and experience. I'd like to see them lock up a good central defender, who would play alongside Stam for two years and then lead the defense.
What is wrong with Vermaelen and Heitinga? I think they'd be well suited to playing alongside Stam.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 29, 2006 10:18 am

Frans schreef:What is wrong with Vermaelen and Heitinga? I think they'd be well suited to playing alongside Stam.
Yeah. I agree.

I'm not a fan of Heitinga, as you probably know, but I think Vermaelen can develop into a good defender alongside Jaap Stam. It's the ideal situation: an experienced 'giant' and right-footer (Stam) alongside a younger, talented left-footer.

It is very clear that Vermaelen is not ready yet to be the leader of the Ajax defense. At Groningen for example, he was the only 'experienced' (?) guy in the centre (alongside Boakye). He's not ready for that. But with Stam he can develop into a great one, I'm sure.

Then, when Stam quits, who knows Vermaelen will be good enough to coach a young newcomer.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo mar 29, 2006 6:13 pm

Good points. I'd forgotten about those two. And iirc, they will both be with the team until '10 or so.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 21, 2007 1:45 pm

Good news: Urby's injury is nothing too serious. No problems expected for Sunday.

Having said that: I thought he was really shit in Alkmaar, quite possibly the weakest man on the pitch. Perez and KJH were poor, too, but Urby was worse. Their first goal was his fault, 'cos he lost possession in an amateurish way.

K.
Still alive...

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » ma mei 21, 2007 5:40 pm

Urby was worse. Their first goal was his fault, 'cos he lost possession in an amateurish way.

Time and Time again, we have seen this before,with Urby,so is it really
a surprise....
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do mei 24, 2007 3:50 pm

Urby has dropped out of the U21 competition this summer. He is too tired after a "hard campaign with Ajax".

Bad news for the Dutch team :confused.gif:
Get a Cock

MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA)
AT Toto winner 07/08

Bericht door MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA) » do mei 24, 2007 3:51 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Urby has dropped out of the U21 competition this summer. He is too tired after a "hard campaign with Ajax".

who cares about the Dutch Team, it is better for Urby that he can finally go on a holiday. :icon_arrow.gif:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr mei 25, 2007 6:29 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Urby has dropped out of the U21 competition this summer. He is too tired after a "hard campaign with Ajax".

HE HAS SUFFERED FROM EXHAUSTION IN PREVIOUS MATCHES SO IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO LET HIM REST.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za mei 26, 2007 2:51 am

Indeed it is, though Ive got personal dissapointments as I wanted to see him play this summer
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 04, 2007 2:57 pm

Okay: pretty much everybody had a stinker against NAC, but Urby Emanuelson is becoming a serious problem at the moment...

We all know how great he was in his first season and a half as a starter, but the NAC game must have been his worst ever performance on a football pitch. Literally nothing went right for the kid.

I seriously feel that he should be protected and be given some time to pick up form 'in the shade' (= Young Ajax). I know we don't really have options given all the injuries and defensive worries, but still (and I'm going to say something really crazy now...) I'd rather see Heitinga and Colin in the center (or Heitinga/Maduro) and move Vertonghen to left back, than to watch Urby making a complete tit out of himself... At the moment it really is painful to watch him struggle.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo dec 05, 2007 12:48 pm

Oga-Heit-VDHeyden-Vertonghen

LIke u said, drop Urby for now. he's our very own ronaldinho right now.
Get a Cock

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo dec 05, 2007 9:37 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Oga-Heit-VDHeyden-Vertonghen

LIke u said, drop Urby for now. he's our very own ronaldinho right now.
the only problem with that is that even a poor Ronaldinho is still I presume an above average player (note I haven't seen that much of Barca lately).

Something or someone has seriously shot Urby's form though - Sunday was woeful.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo dec 05, 2007 10:19 pm

Urby is this season's Maduro...really bad shape for the kid...these times are dangerous for a young player like him....it can make him grow or it can just destroy his potential...ajaz have to act with a lot of caution here.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma mar 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Urby snubs Spurs
Ajax full-back Urby Emanuelson has revealed he will stay with the Eredivisie club next season despite the reported interest of a number of European clubs.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/urby-snubs-spurs-108390/

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Goal.com reports that Lyon have bid6.5m euros and Hamburg are interested. It just says that MVB does not want to sell him. I am not sure Ajax will want to sell him at this stage .

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo aug 20, 2008 4:00 pm

I'd say sell em. He hasnt performed well lately, even for Jong Oranje, and his versatility doesnt help this Ajax team.

Vertonghen and VDHeijden I would pick above Urby.

Good lad, lots of potential, but hasnt been performing.
Get a Cock

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » di okt 07, 2008 9:19 pm

Oh my God,Im still getting over the game from Sunday.Urby had a nightmare,nearly as bad as V.D.Weil.I dont think he understands what being "goal side"of a player means.Just in case he visits this site and reads these threads it means getting your body between the goal(thats your goal,the one you are defending) and the attacking player.Urby....pay attention...are you listening....forget about your stupid headband for a minute......who am I kidding,hes probably on the wrong side of his computer screen.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo okt 08, 2008 12:19 am

He is goal side. Haven't you noticed? He's always at the side of the opponent scoring the goal.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 27, 2008 8:05 am

Was Ajax vs NEC this guy's best game in years...?

I say: yea.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma okt 27, 2008 9:24 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Was Ajax vs NEC this guy's best game in years...?

K.
From what I saw on the highlights he had a fantastic game.
Scouts in the stands ??? :hypocrite.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Was Ajax vs NEC this guy's best game in years...?

K.
Agree completely. Our defense (despite the limitations) had a solid match. Interesting to read van Basten's comment about flipping Oleguer and van der Wiel in the second half stating he wanted more movement forward from the central defense. I'm beginning to get more optimistic about MvB as a tactician and the team's future.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma okt 27, 2008 3:25 pm

I thought he looked alright against Villa in mid-week as well, especially in providing corners. If I were in charge, I would pretty much give up on him as a fullback and only play him in midfield however. His defense going backwards has still been pretty bad, but he's showing some talent again offensively.
AFCA

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma okt 27, 2008 3:29 pm

I remember thinking that this might be his best game since Inter a few years ago. Including on the defensive end, where he looked utterly decent (a huge step up).

I agree with Orange14 -- it seems like Marco has more of a clue vis-a-vis tactics than any coach we've had since Co.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 19, 2008 12:36 pm

goal.com yesterday put a headline Urby unsettled at Ajax. The article was really about him not knowing where his position in the team is defender, midfield or wing and nothing about being unhappy with Ajax. I posted that the headline seems to suggest he wants away which is not accurate.

I just looked at this article again to see if any other comments and Stefan Coerts who wrote the article, posted a reply that his headline was open to interpretation. Do you know this guy Menno.? I was a bit surprised he replied !

Gesloten