Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Kenneth Vermeer

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 01, 2005 9:37 am

From Sky Sports (link is up on Ajax USA homepage):
New deal for Ajax starlet

Ajax have shown their faith in teenage keeper Kenneth Vermeer by handing him a new contract.

The 19-year-old had a further season to run on his previous deal, but Ajax were keen to offer him some added security.

Vermeer has been handed a new deal which ties him to the club until 2008 and he will act as third choice this term.

The player is happy with the development, with his agent revealing a loan move could be considered for next season.

"Despite the fact that Kenneth is third goalkeeper now, Danny Blind has indicated in a talk to be very positive about him," Vermeer's agent Winnie Haatrecht told De Telegraaf. "He has convinced us to extend the commitment.

"He may not be loaned out because during training sessions he can learn a lot from goalkeeping coach Fred Grim and the other goalkeepers.

"If Kenneth doesn't succeed to climb up to second goalkeeper next season then a loan would be an option."
This dude is officialy in the A-squad, but he is the fourth goalkeeper (well okay: third due to Stekelenburg's injury), hasn't made his official début yet and is almost never on the bench for the first team. He is a Young Ajax player, although he can train with the first team. For that reason we will not run this as news on Ajax USA, but post it here.

We will see more of him in the future -- sure thing.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do sep 01, 2005 12:18 pm

Needs to improve his penalty saves, as seen in the youth champs.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 01, 2005 12:25 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Needs to improve his penalty saves, as seen in the youth champs.
Well, if the only shots he lets in are penalties... then I won't complain.

There's not much you can do against a perfectly taken penalty, you know. I wouldn't blame him for not saving enough penalties...

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » do sep 08, 2005 12:09 pm

As I saw few newspapers in Holland say, that he is on the best way to be the best goalkeeper in Ajax since Edwin van der Sar. Well, they said exactly the same of Stekelenburg. I saw Vermeer only on Youth Championship (big thanks to few German TVs for transmissions) and he seemd to be good goalkeeper. I hope his talent is as good as told us the press and Coort. We need great goalkeeper in Ajax.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 08, 2005 12:56 pm

Stekelenburg is a talent if you look at his technique (he's a stylish goalkeeper) and he's also quite good with his feet, but he starts doing silly things when high crosses come his way. He just panics, he causes unrest in his area and he fails to coach the defenders when the pressure is high. The worst thing is that this doesn't seem to improve. I'm not a fan, to put it diplomatically.

Vermeer is definitely calmer and more self-assured. I haven't seen much of him (for example: I don't know if he's any good with his feet), but he's more my type of goalkeeper than 'the Steek'.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr sep 09, 2005 2:50 pm

I still like Stekie better, the fact that I find him possesing more talent. Vermeer however, I find better in organizing his defenc elike the big buff man ya :headbang:
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za nov 05, 2005 1:05 am

Ajax.nl reports that Kenneth Vermeer has once again sustained a serious injury in training: an outer kneecap has been damaged, surgery is necessary and he will be out for up to three months.

For your information: we normally run injuries that are as serious as this one as news on Ajax USA, but Kenneth Vermeer is currently not in the first squad and has not seen any official action for Ajax-1 yet. That's why we only post it here.

Nevertheless: bad news (for Young Ajax) and speedy recovery to Vermeer!

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 01, 2006 4:39 pm

Kenneth Vermeer is quoted in the press today saying that he would prefer to be loaned out to an Eredivisie side this upcoming season. He wants playing time and experience on the highest level.

I think that would be a good idea. With Stekelenburg and Gentenaar we have two quality goalkeepers. It would be good for Vermeer to play a full Eredivisie season elsewhere.

The guy has really impressed me with Young Oranje lately. I think he's gonna become a great Ajax-1 goalkeeper.

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » do jun 01, 2006 10:21 pm

Yep... Now it's the best solution for him. But it will be better to loan him to the club from the bottom of the table, where he could play regularly.

On the other hand - he shouldn't give up without fight (and at this moment - it's over 2 months to the start of new season). I know that we have Stekelenburg and Gentenaar, but it doesn't mean that they are the only to play...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 02, 2007 5:55 pm

New contract for Kenneth Vermeer!

His deal has been renewed until summer 2010. Nice one. Great goalkeeper. It might be a good idea to loan him out, though. He's now the third man behind Stekelenburg and Gentenaar. It would probably be best if he could plat at the top flight somewhere.

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za feb 03, 2007 9:18 am

Kowalczyk schreef:It would probably be best if he could plat at the top flight somewhere.

K.
Totaly agree, Ko. He doesn't have a big chance to play - even in a dutch cup - so a loan will be perfect. The second option is that he could play in first squad when Ajax play against the teams from the bottom of the table, but I think that in that case Gentenaar will play.

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » za feb 03, 2007 11:05 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef: The second option is that he could play in first squad when Ajax play against the teams from the bottom of the table, but I think that in that case Gentenaar will play.
Stek should play all matches (if he is fit) you can't sub keepers in and out like other players. They're very particular about that (being one, I should know). Bottom line, Stek is our number one and as long as he is doing good and has the trust of HtC, it's his spot to loose. A loan would be a good idea for Vermeer, but I guess the transfer window is closed now and it wouldnt be relevant until the summer?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 04, 2007 1:03 pm

It's July, which means that the new season has officially started. Zdenek Grygera is no longer an Ajacied. Kennedy, Delorge and Heijblok are officially on the club's payrole.

And... Kenneth Vermeer is now officially loaned out to Willem II. Which means that this thread will be closed until he's back. Got something to say about his performances at Willem II? Feel free to post it HERE!

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 06, 2008 7:26 am

Have to say: it wasn't his fault.

The goals weren't his fault, he had a few great saves, even saved a penalty. with a bit of irony you could say that he was Ajax's best man. One of the best, at least.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo okt 08, 2008 12:34 am

I saw the lowlights on Gol TV. Kenneth Vermeer was really left hanging out to dry . If the club had played with an effort equal to his, we might've stolen a point.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 21, 2008 9:58 am

Re-posting...
Ajaxfanuk schreef:I really cant decide whether I like KV or not, some times I think he could be a real contender for the number 1 shirt, But on other occasions he seems completely oblivious and he's dropped a few clangers. Is he a viable choice for number one if we want to realistically challenge for the league? Is Steks better or not (moreover when is Steks returning) I dont think we've been performing well of late all over the pitch, with some notable exceptions ie Suarez.

Is there any hope, or will our luck run out?
aveslacker schreef:Steks is probably the more well-rounded keeper, but Vermeer is probably a better shot-blocker. Vermeer has a lot of work to do in terms of learning how to command his box, something which Steks struggled with but has gotten a lot better at, imo.
K.
Still alive...

SPL

Re: Kenneth Vermeer

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 05, 2009 5:07 pm

He has signed a new contract to June 2013.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do aug 12, 2010 4:14 pm

bad news as he seems to be seriously injured (achilles). six months out reportedly.
well, verhoeven will be the 2nd goalie and bizot the 3rd, although I would better sign Deckers the guy on trial from AZ.
good luck kenneth, and let's hope Maarten stays fit forever.
O tempora o mores

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Yes, indeed, word is out on Twitter: ripped his right Achilles in training. Six months or more.

Sad, sad news. Nightmare for Kenneth.

(Since the show must go on: Jeroen Verhoeven now the man behind Steks).

Edit: Confirmation on Ajax.nl, right HERE.

K.
Still alive...

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Sucks. Completely sucks. Now watch Ajax spend money and sign another GK for the 3rd keeper's spot.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Sad for Kenneth . Get better soon .

I would expect Ajax to sign Deckers as he has been a sub for Az and played 1 or 2 times for Telstar .
He and Bizot can then be our 3rd and 4th goalies.Bizot did not play for the Jong last season and has nil experience. I assumed Deckers was here on trial in case Steks left so he would be the 3rd choice.

Last season we signed Verhoeven when it was not necessary . Padt the 2nd best Dutch U 21 didn't play many Jong games and Bizot Dutch u19 played nil .

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do aug 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Pitty this - get well soon Kenneth.

Suppose if Steks doesn't stay fit we'll have to give Verhoeven a pizza* the action :blush.gif:

(*This might work better in English than other languages btw)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do aug 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Unlike, say, a cruciate injury, there is a significant chance that he may never be the same as a result of this. Achilles tendons are really gnarly. At least he didn't mess up his patellar tendon.

Get well soon, Kenneth. :ajaxscarf.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 22, 2011 11:38 am

Will be back in action next week. Starting with Young Ajax.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 12, 2013 5:57 pm

I never realized, but Ajax's opponents got three penalties in total this Eredivisie season - and Vermeer saved them all. All three of 'em.

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie