New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 12, 2014 1:07 pm

^^Niklas Bendtner is still available on a free transfer! :excited.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di aug 12, 2014 3:55 pm

I assumed Eto'o (or his agent) was trying to get a bidding war going for his salary, in which case there is very little chance he'll come to Ajax. I'm sure de Boer and Overmars know this, and it's been quite an amusing story...

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma sep 01, 2014 8:11 am

So we've sold Daley but signed NO ONE.
We flirted for awhile with Samuel but he's gone to Everton.

This transfer window hasn't been good to us.
AJACIED

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 01, 2014 10:53 am

ofey schreef:So we've sold Daley but signed NO ONE.
We flirted for awhile with Samuel but he's gone to Everton.

This transfer window hasn't been good to us.
We could always try to get Bojan back who looks like he's not good enough to start for Stoke City. :biggrin.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma sep 01, 2014 11:04 am

i dont think we should touch him with a very large pole... jermaine defoe?! apparently hes off QPR or West Ham. Huntelaar? hes been linked with a move away today

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 01, 2014 11:34 am

van Gaal should have done us a favor by sending Chicharito Hernandez our way on loan. Doubt he will get much playing time at Madrid.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma sep 01, 2014 2:25 pm

would have been nice, but cant see hernandez going for it haha,

bryan ruiz has been told to find another club... lets hope its not us. what a big flop he is

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » ma sep 01, 2014 2:54 pm

afcajax73 schreef:would have been nice, but cant see hernandez going for it haha,

bryan ruiz has been told to find another club... lets hope its not us. what a big flop he is
Thought he had a decent world cup. The thing is that the difference between the premier league and the Eredivisie is just huge. It's a different thing to dominate the field in a top club in holland than in a bottom club in the premier league. Wouldn't mind having him in our squad if the price is right.
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Last year we sold Eriksen this last day and came up with Duarte but Eriksen's contract was in its last year so we had no choice and the spurs interest came at the last moment.Eriksen had said he would have extended had he stayed.

This year the Blind to Man U has gone on for over a month and we have probably sold him on the cheap a bit but clearly we have no replacement lined up. We are now chasing around like headless chickens to find some sort of experienced DM

We are gradually putting our better players on longer contracts but still we sell them at the last minute.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma sep 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Poulsen. :ajax.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 01, 2014 5:19 pm

well we do have 1 new player today Zwolle's 33 year old goalie Dierderik Boer.An experienced goalie as backup.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma sep 01, 2014 5:22 pm

SPL schreef:well we do have 1 new player today Zwolle's 33 year old goalie Dierderik Boer.An experienced goalie as backup.
Whoop - doop - de-doo. That should mean the title is in the bag.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma sep 01, 2014 6:31 pm

King Litti schreef: bryan ruiz has been told to find another club...
Thought he had a decent world cup. The thing is that the difference between the premier league and the Eredivisie is just huge. It's a different thing to dominate the field in a top club in holland than in a bottom club in the premier league. Wouldn't mind having him in our squad if the price is right.
:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Thought he had a decent World cup....difference between Premier League + Eredivisie.......playing in the PL IS like playing in the World Cup....and it's starting to get ruddy boring!!!He could dominate the field in the Eredivisie if he's got skill....there seems very little there at the moment!!!

Maybe SPL can back me up on this...but in Rugby, Union and League, they HAVE to move FORWARDS as they pass the ball BACKWARDS five times...maybe a rule should be brought in where if there are more than 3 passes backwards, the possession goes to the other team!!! FOOTBALL IS GETTING SO BORING...ACROSS THE BACK, BACKWARDS, ACROSS THE BACK AGAIN!!!!!
I'm working with a group of kids out here in Greece,,,,ALL of the kids have "Think Positive" on their shirts...they have to LOOK forwards and control the ball themselves while they do this...not just pass sideways and put the onus on someone else!!!

OK, rant over....but all of this "recylce" rubbish.....it's just making soccer LESS entertaining than CRICKET!!!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma sep 01, 2014 6:31 pm

King Litti schreef: bryan ruiz has been told to find another club...

Thought he had a decent World cup....difference between Premier League + Eredivisie.......playing in the PL IS like playing in the World Cup....and it's starting to get ruddy boring!!!He could dominate the field in the Eredivisie if he's got skill....there seems very little there at the moment!!!

Maybe SPL can back me up on this...but in Rugby, Union and League, they HAVE to move FORWARDS as they pass the ball BACKWARDS five times...maybe a rule should be brought in where if there are more than 3 passes backwards, the possession goes to the other team!!! FOOTBALL IS GETTING SO BORING...ACROSS THE BACK, BACKWARDS, ACROSS THE BACK AGAIN!!!!!
I'm working with a group of kids out here in Greece,,,,ALL of the kids have "Think Positive" on their shirts...they have to LOOK forwards and control the ball themselves while they do this...not just pass sideways and put the onus on someone else!!!

OK, rant over....but all of this "recylce" rubbish.....it's just making soccer LESS entertaining than CRICKET!!!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 01, 2014 6:55 pm

I just looked for an up date of news on Showtime and we are looking to sign some crap Mf from Mainz called Niki Zimling, 29 Danish . The comments ,in english via Google translate , all the same a crap player and Overmars should resign . A few of them sending their season tickets back.

This has been a bad week and if this is all we can get we are going backwards as a club. We have now lost all our top players and have a lot of very moderate players.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma sep 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Watched the Mainz game last night...not exactly a good advert for football...Zimiling was just warming the bench...not a very promising buy!!!

:confused.gif: :confused.gif: :confused.gif: :confused.gif:

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » ma sep 01, 2014 7:59 pm

A very odd buy. Or should we be even surprised? Buy low, sell high and buy some crappy guys that may give us a chance to win the domestic title has been the theme for quite some time now.

Where's the ambition? We're not thinking very big are we? If we would splash a little more cash for some quality players plus utilize our youth system we could really go somewhere like through from the group stage in the Cl and that would bring us definitely enough money to justify the couple of decent buys we would need to make.
"We're on a mission from God."

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 01, 2014 8:28 pm

I think there was some sentiment that getting Poulsen was really a bad move. History proved that to be wrong. Of course that is no guarantee that this Zimiling character will be the next Poulsen.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma sep 01, 2014 10:29 pm

The disappointing thing for me is that there were so many players who appear to be suitable, and would probably be interested but we just haven't done anything about it.

I can't comment on the new Danish lad because I've not seen anything from him, time will tell I guess.

I'm off bed! Night all!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Just saw that we have completed a loan deal for Zimiling. One year with an option to buy.

EDIT: Obvious source for information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niki_Zimling

He has played for the Danish NT in the past; hope Overmars knows what this guy is worth.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di sep 02, 2014 2:07 am

Oh, how I miss the days when we had roster stability. As much as I love Ajax, I can't say I like what the modern game has become.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di sep 02, 2014 4:44 am

Seems like we don't have any kind of scouting system in foreign lands to identify potential talent. In the past, we counted on the smaller Dutch teams to come up with them, then feed them on to us after a year or two. But now, the smaller teams are bypassing us completely and selling directly to the major European teams for bigger money. Also, the smaller teams either have found a sugar daddy to bankroll them so that they can buy better talent, or else have worked out deals with the major teams to stock their promising players -- making these teams at least as strong as we are, and in many positions a lot stronger. Meanwhile, we sell off the best of what we do have so that the board can gloat over the size of the bank balance. Unless there is a change, I fear that just as we have slipped from being a European powerhouse, we will become little more than also rans in the Eredivisie, as well.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 02, 2014 11:34 am

Well on paper I think PSV have the best squad and even Twente are on a level with us.I will be surprised if we win the title this season with the current squad,which is not as strong as last season.We moaned when Poulsen and Schone were signed so maybe the latest Dane will surprise us.

Still feel our midfield is not good enough and we have a poor striker.

Ajax are not prepared to spend any money and have a max wage so we are not going to get anyone decent.4 titles in a row has been great and we have a big bank balance and most fans and supporters would expect the club to spend on the weak areas. We appear to be going backwards at present.2 or 3 seasons out the CL will soon eat up that 100m euros in our bank .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 02, 2014 12:56 pm

I was just reading an article that talked about how upset Madrid fans are over their clubs transfers this summer. Now here is a club that spent over €100M to buy players and they also sold a couple as well and yet people are upset. I think this is just the norm these days given the way football has evolved.

I'm not sure what the thinking is in the Ajax management these days. I would think that the first thing they should fix is the policy of handling the 16 year olds so that they don't lose the best talent from the youth. The salary cap is fine with me and I don't think any other Dutch club pays players more than €1M/year. We have been bringing in some young foreign players over the last several years, Murcic being the latest example. Clearly Fischer and Eriksen were astute pickups, jury is still out on Andersen. They also did make a serious run for E'too but it didn't work out. I don't think it's quite fair to say the club is sitting on its collective thumbs doing nothing.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di sep 02, 2014 2:50 pm

I get what your saying about the 16yr olds, but thats a potential money pit in my eyes. how many kids can we give long(er) contracts to who wont make it and it wastes our cash?

Plaats reactie