New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo jul 02, 2008 11:54 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:According to Ajax, replacing Heitinga is a priority, I believe Blind made comments to that effect the other day. However, they surely don't seem to be acting with much urgency on it yet, and sure didn't last year.
Well we are after Henrique....he's a defender....at least.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do jul 03, 2008 2:00 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
gordonvandekamp schreef:According to Ajax, replacing Heitinga is a priority, I believe Blind made comments to that effect the other day. However, they surely don't seem to be acting with much urgency on it yet, and sure didn't last year.
Well we are after Henrique....he's a defender....at least.

Yeah I guess that's part of my worry. We're looking at players we probably won't get and in some cases, probably don't have a realistic chance of getting (Benahyoun). They are good players, but we can't compete with clubs like Barcelona (in terms of finances/attraction/prestige) for some of them.

I'm worried there isn't a back-up plan in a case like Henrique's. I know there's plenty of time left, but I just feel there has been a sense of urgency lacking for the last couple of seasons and I've yet to see it change.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do jul 03, 2008 7:52 pm

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jul 03, 2008 8:53 pm

I like it! :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Edit: assuming this means that they can come up with an appropriate transfer fee, of course.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jul 04, 2008 6:28 pm

aveslacker schreef:I like it! :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Edit: assuming this means that they can come up with an appropriate transfer fee, of course.
Hmm - I guess we're getting Sulejmani after all -

http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154417/contentid=66811

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » vr jul 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Miralem Sulejmani to Ajax --> transfer fee: 16,25 million euros

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr jul 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Alright we got the kid...but i must ask...is he THAT !!!! GOOD ??? over 15 million looks way to much to me for a young player who has only had ONE good season in the eredivisie...he could still flop......damn i hope i eat my word :ajaxsmiley.gif:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 05, 2008 10:55 am

How many more signings are we to make??

1 or 2 central defenders ?

another defensive midfielder?

a replacement for KJh if he goes?

Wouldn't imagine any more!

kraz11
Contacteer:

Bericht door kraz11 » za jul 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Does it mean that we finally have a proper( better and fitter than Perez) replacement for Snejider?

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za jul 05, 2008 5:05 pm

I heard that we are trying to work a loan deal with Barca re: Henrique.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jul 05, 2008 6:21 pm

Blind3 said

[/quote]I heard that we are trying to work a loan deal with Barca re: Henrique.

Fuck that man, Fuck these Big Bucks clubs, we should just offer him a 4 or 5 year deal, if he doesnt want it, his loss, we can go for Douglas Franco, Im sick of people looking at Ajax like its a club dead and buried! :1evil.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za jul 05, 2008 8:29 pm

SPL schreef:How many more signings are we to make??

1 or 2 central defenders ?

another defensive midfielder?

a replacement for KJh if he goes?

Wouldn't imagine any more!
Isn't Sul a replacement for KJH?

I'm guessing that we're going to be getting our money back plus interest if/when we sell KJH.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jul 06, 2008 1:26 am

Henrique might be useful to Ajax at the right price . I this because it seems that Abidal, Milito, Puyol, and now Dani Alves would limit first team back line opportunities there, Also, I saw it indicated that Vermaelen and Vertonghen may have Belgian Olympic team obligations. That could make our d even thinner.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » zo jul 06, 2008 1:54 am

It seems like a lot of money, but we should have it. I've said before I think Sulejmani is a good player, I'll be interested to see if he plays as a winger, sneijder replacement, or huntelaar replacement if he goes.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 07, 2008 6:50 pm

Blind seems to be saying that we only need one defender and the squad is basically complete.Hope my translation is correct !!!!!

Cvitanich is KJH's replacement isn't he????

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » ma jul 07, 2008 9:07 pm

I hope your translation is totally wrong and that the original dutch version says "two defenders and a midfielder who knows how to get the ball to the forwards."
SPL schreef:Blind seems to be saying that we only need one defender and the squad is basically complete.Hope my translation is correct !!!!!
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma jul 07, 2008 11:02 pm

Well by the looks of it Ajax might be puting their faith in our youth system...so our defensive pairing would be Vermealen and some one else and the midfield would be something like Urby,De Jong and Gabri...or Gabri, De jONG AND sARPONG...Add or subtract one you guys get the drift.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma jul 07, 2008 11:06 pm

SPL schreef:Blind seems to be saying that we only need one defender and the squad is basically complete.Hope my translation is correct !!!!!

Cvitanich is KJH's replacement isn't he????
I hope not.... :confused.gif:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jul 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Our squad is big, but not the depth it should have. At least in defense.

Should get another defender, and tone up VDheijden and Slingard.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 14, 2008 1:33 pm

NOS Teletekst and a whole load of other news sources report that Ajax are now officially bidding on PSV's Ismaïl Aissati, but PSV have rejected Ajax's first bid.

Last season Ajax also wanted Aissati. At the time, according to media reports, PSV demanded 5 million euros for the player. It is as yet unknown what they're demanding now.

It is, by the way, quite clear that PSV are playing it tough because the potential buyer is Ajax: last week they were willing to exchange Aissati for Utrecht defender Erik Pieters, whom they ended up buying for 2.5 or 3 million. PSV are now almost certainly asking more because it's Ajax (and can you blame them?).

Aissati himself, meanwhile, has said in the press that he "wants to leave PSV".

More news when it happens...

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma jul 14, 2008 4:58 pm

According to the official site, we have signed Darko Bodul, a striker from Heerenveen, on a free transfer. He will be added to the reserves. Good to see we're still snatching the players Heerenveen have scouted.

Don't know much about him, but I'm curious as to why we've signed more attacking players in the last few days, but no defenders yet.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di jul 15, 2008 1:36 am

MvB knows striking . If he wants to bring in a striker, that's okay with me. That said , I'm also in the Ko camp. To wit : I want defenders (too).
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 15, 2008 12:44 pm

Some PSV dude said today that PSV won't let Aissati go to Ajax. All part of the game, I guess.

MvB, in his turn, says that Aissati really wants to make the move. Which is probably true: they must have talked about it in Austria/Switzerland this summer and Aissati admitted in an interview that he will definitely leave PSV and that Ajax would "surely be interesting" (which actually means "I WANT TO JOIN AJAX - BADLY!"). My gut feeling is that this transfer is gonna happen.

Meanwhile, MvB must also have talked to Khalid Boulahrouz and I would love to have him, but according to today's Algemeen Dagblad it is not an issue. Which I can't understand, really. Ajax should definitely give it a try, unless they don't want him (which would be weird).

They're still after Henrique and actually talking to Barcelona, Van Basten confirmed. "We're talking, but it's a slow process. We don't really know what's going on and even the people at Barcelona don't really seem to know what's going on."

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jul 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:...Meanwhile, MvB must also have talked to Khalid Boulahrouz and I would love to have him, but according to today's Algemeen Dagblad it is not an issue. Which I can't understand, really. Ajax should definitely give it a try, unless they don't want him (which would be weird)...
K.
Boulahrouz is the hard defender we need. Ajax should do whatever they can to get him, especially if he can maintain the level he showed a lot of at the Euros.

He can be the guy to kick the crap out of the oppositions forwards. Fine with me.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di jul 15, 2008 3:37 pm

I agree that adding Boulahrouz would be a really good thing. When he's on his game, he's a step or two above most of the opposition he would be facing in the Eredivisie and it would solve one of our biggest problems. I think trying to get him would be money and time wiser spent than on trying to get Barca to loan out Henrique.

I also think Aissati will likely move here. PSV is just going to draw it out and get as much money as possible out of the whole thing.

Plaats reactie