New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door SPL » do aug 15, 2019 12:31 pm

We seem serious on buying Spanish Mf Dani Olmo a 21 year old attacking MF from Dynamo Zagreb.One of the stars of Spain's U21 Euro champs. He is an ex Barca youth but went to Croatia 5 year ago. They want 40m for him but we are offering 22m plus 40% of any resale.

Dont think this is to replace Donny but our MF looks weak and a quality signing is needed.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 15, 2019 12:57 pm

SPL schreef:
Dont think this is to replace Donny but our MF looks weak and a quality signing is needed.
It might be in anticipation of van de Beek leaving next season which is pretty likely. I don't see any of the other MFs capable of slotting into the #10 position and the only candidate is Unuvar and he is only 16 (though he could be like de Ligt and make his first team debut at age 17).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do aug 15, 2019 1:38 pm

so this years MF will look something like:

Blind - Donny - ? (Marin/Mazraoui/Eiting/Olmo?)
May the Force be with you

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr aug 30, 2019 11:22 am

Ajax are set to loan back Juan Familia-Castillo from Chelsea with an option to buy him... he is a left back/winger/midfielder. They also have an option to buy him. Weird, since he would likely be cup tied, when Ajax play chelsea, depending on the circumstances at Ajax of course.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 30, 2019 11:40 am

I read he had extended his contract recently rather than join Juve for free.Now a month later he is coming home.A talent who has seen the light. Malan ,too saw the light at Arsenal and wanted to come back but he had Raiola so we said no.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 30, 2019 1:07 pm

Ayman schreef:Ajax are set to loan back Juan Familia-Castillo from Chelsea with an option to buy him... he is a left back/winger/midfielder. They also have an option to buy him. Weird, since he would likely be cup tied, when Ajax play chelsea, depending on the circumstances at Ajax of course.
I think that is only an EPL thing. All of the players Ajax have loaned out to Eredivisie teams in the past have played against Ajax in league matches as far as I can recall.

This is just a weird deal IMO. I guess he plays at Jong Ajax. He was a MF during his time with the youth teams but there are a lot of young MFs. Maybe he ends up at LB.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr aug 30, 2019 2:55 pm

Maybe we are trying to figure out the Tagliafico replacement...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 30, 2019 4:34 pm

souras84 schreef:Maybe we are trying to figure out the Tagliafico replacement...
That was why Martinez was purchased. Not clear at this moment what his best position is.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr aug 30, 2019 5:26 pm

My guess is that he's Bakker's replacement. He can fight with Martinez for the LB spot once Nico leaves next summer.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr aug 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Out of all the positions Martinez can play, I don't think he'll end up playing LB. Saying that, what the hell will our axis be this year?

2 center backs + 2 holding midfielders??
I believe LB, RB, AMC (#10) positions are filled.
So that leaves us with the following 8 players for 4 positions:
Blind, Schuurs, Veltman, Martinez, Alvarez, Mazraoui, Eiting, Marin

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 30, 2019 9:24 pm

JFC will be LB for Jong but guess they will be looking to make him Tagliafico's replacement. Salah-Eddine,17 ,is highly rated but Ajax must feel they need someone a bit older hence JFC.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr aug 30, 2019 9:33 pm

Do we know the sum agreed to be payed if we want to buy him back?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jan 02, 2020 11:09 pm

Reading rumors that we are trying to bring back Vertonghen since we don't know how long Blind is going to be out. I've read asking price of 14 million which doesn't make any sense for a 32 year old who has 6 months left on his contract.

Napoli are the other team rumored and I'm guessing they're trying to get him to replace Koulibaly - who in turn is rumored to go to Spurs for 120 million.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 03, 2020 1:31 pm

Doesn't look like Jan will come back this month .Spurs want a crazy 12m and we wont pay that and not sure anyone will. He may want more than our max wage of 3m euros pa.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Talk of us getting Ryan Babel on loan for the rest of the season from Galatasary. He has been in decent form and playing for Oranje and would be a good short term signing as cover for our wings.Promes is now fit but Neres is not ready yet and may not be ready until the end of the month.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jan 07, 2020 4:00 pm

I just read it in the morning as well. Might not be a bad idea. We also don't know how long Labyad is out.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 10, 2020 1:17 pm

Ryan Babel is now joining us on loan for the rest of the season.No option to buy though.

No other new players are expected and Ajax believe they have enough cover for Daley

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jan 10, 2020 1:26 pm

SPL schreef:
vr jan 10, 2020 1:17 pm
No other new players are expected and Ajax believe they have enough cover for Daley
Alvarez is playing at right center back in training and I believe Veltman has played on the left side on occasion in the past. Schuurs looks good on the ball with both feet and maybe can slot in on the left as well. Perhaps this is the thinking.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 10, 2020 8:02 pm

We have signed a new youth player. Icelandic MF Kristian Hlynsson .16 on 1st February and signs a contract to 30 June 2022.

Also signing Brazilian Giovanni from 31st January ,his 18th birthday.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma jan 13, 2020 11:20 am

According to footballoranje.com:

"According to L’Equipe, Ajax are interested in signing AA Gent attacker Jonathan David.

The 19-year-old is having an excellent campaign in Belgium, scoring nine goals and adding seven assists.

David’s performances have drawn the attention of Porto, Lyon and Ajax, according to L’Equipe. Gent do not want to let their top talent leave on the cheap and will demand €20 million.

The Canadian made the switch to Gent from Ottawa Gloucester Hornet two years ago. He has 12 caps for the Canadian national team, scoring eleven times."
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do jan 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Telegraaf are reporting that Overmars wants to bring in the new Brazilian wunderkind Antony, and is prepared to break the club's transfer record.

Here is a compilation ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSYxIrP_VlM

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jan 31, 2020 7:36 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
do jan 30, 2020 5:08 pm
Telegraaf are reporting that Overmars wants to bring in the new Brazilian wunderkind Antony, and is prepared to break the club's transfer record.

Now that I've finally seen a video of this kid, I'm not sure I want us spending 30 million+ on him. He had one successful dribble in the entire first half of the video & a lot of face clutching dives and rolling. None of his passes seemed to be weighted correctly or seemed to have produced any end result. And yes, he doesn't seem to know that he also has a right leg.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » za feb 15, 2020 4:02 pm

Amol schreef:
vr jan 31, 2020 7:36 pm
Manneken Pis schreef:
do jan 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Now that I've finally seen a video of this kid, I'm not sure I want us spending 30 million+ on him. He had one successful dribble in the entire first half of the video & a lot of face clutching dives and rolling. None of his passes seemed to be weighted correctly or seemed to have produced any end result. And yes, he doesn't seem to know that he also has a right leg.
Well, de Telegraaf now saying that the sale is a done deal. Hopefully they know what they're doing...

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za feb 15, 2020 9:36 pm

Amol schreef:Now that I've finally seen a video of this kid, I'm not sure I want us spending 30 million+ on him. He had one successful dribble in the entire first half of the video & a lot of face clutching dives and rolling. None of his passes seemed to be weighted correctly or seemed to have produced any end result. And yes, he doesn't seem to know that he also has a right leg.
Did you notice how the clips mostly cut out before he disposed of the ball? Makes me wonder if he loses it most of the time. We’ll see I guess.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Is Antony eligible to play right away? I know Sao Paolo are in financial trouble and need to sell players to balance the books but don't the transfer regulations mean that he cannot play until next season?

Plaats reactie