New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door SPL » do aug 31, 2023 12:46 pm

An interesting list ,2022 Brobbey and Ocampos also.Only player left signed before 2021 is Klaassen ,2020.

5 or 6 max is ok but last summer was 10 and today Mannsverk is no 11 and who knows no 12 may come tomorrow. The turn over is hugh as players dont stay for long these days and many poor signings but last summer was dreadful.Of last summers 10 ,5 now gone and Conceicao likely to be 6 and they want Wijndal out. 12 months down the line and Bergwijn ,Brobbey and the injured Kaplan only 3 left, even Rulli was going to leave for Bayern.(he is from 2023)

Will be interesting to see how many of this summers players are still here 1st Sept 2024! Hugh problem only 2 Jong players Vos and Misehouy look ready to move up,if they stay!.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 31, 2023 2:38 pm

The other thing that is interesting about the list is even years when lots of players are brought in, only one or two end up becoming impact players. Many end up leaving after a couple of years because they did not work out. It's kind of like the old kitchen joke, 'throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks.' I did not go back to check on the number of Jong Ajax players who moved up to the first team and stuck. I don't think there is a good data base for this that lists players by birth year. It's also complicated because some players come over as 16 year olds so they are not 'long term' academy projects (Frenkie de Jong is a good example along with a number of foreign players) as well as a large number of players who were only on the first team roster for a year.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 01, 2023 11:47 am

So who will we bring in today .Tahirovic is doing well at DM so why do we need this lad from Norway.Vos not considered ready yet but surely he is good enough against the smaller teams.

Defence seems ok but we are short of a real rightwinger. Meanwhile in MF both Taylor and V D Boomen seem short as no 8 and at 10 we have Berghuis who may play more as a 7 and Akpom who I have always thought of as a striker.

We still lack creativity in MF but if we bring in no winger or no 10 today then Misehouy must start to get chances against the smaller sides.Still think Fitz-Jim, Vos and Misehouy should be back up MF. V D Boomen is nothing special.

From players here in 2021/2022 Berghuis,Taylor and Rensch are all thats left and the last 2 were backups for Mazraoui and Gravenberch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 01, 2023 12:22 pm

Sivert Mannsverk signs to 2028 for 6m plus 2.5m add ons . It says this is the end of our buying.We shall see.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr sep 01, 2023 2:23 pm

SPL schreef:
vr sep 01, 2023 12:22 pm
Sivert Mannsverk signs to 2028 for 6m plus 2.5m add ons . It says this is the end of our buying.We shall see.
Is this guy any better than Vos? I see we are now after another left back, Borna Sosa from Stuttgart. Will this madness just STOP.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr sep 01, 2023 3:02 pm

Another LB apparently now for 8M. Borna Sosa from Stuttgart. I assume this means the end of Wijndal and maybe rental for Salah-Eddine.

This is quite mad. I don't even think we're done yet.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr sep 01, 2023 3:31 pm

Amol schreef:
vr sep 01, 2023 3:02 pm
Another LB apparently now for 8M. Borna Sosa from Stuttgart. I assume this means the end of Wijndal and maybe rental for Salah-Eddine.

This is quite mad. I don't even think we're done yet.
From someone who follows Croatian football on another forum where I am a moderator:

"Sosa lost his starting spot in the national team to Perisic in the nations league semifinals and final. Sosa is poor defensively. Lacks concentration and not that good one on one He’s pretty good going forward as he’s a really good crosser and has above average pace. He’s better as a wingback where he can concentrate more on going forward and delivering good crosses. I’m not a fan of the player. "

So maybe this guy is not even as good as Wijndal!!!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr sep 01, 2023 3:46 pm

Based on what Orange14 said, Sosa seems like the same player as Salah Eddine albeit older.

Is Mislintat's bonus tied to the number of deals he completes?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 01, 2023 5:34 pm

Just come back in and trying to catch up.This is player no 12 ,its a joke. We have 4 LB's but Jong Ajax has no LB just Martha a winger

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 01, 2023 7:54 pm

Borna Sosa is having a medical and will sign tonight for 8m until 2028. Maybe the 12th and final signing.

One other signing today Damian van der Vaart ,Raffies son joins our U18 youth from Esbjerg Denmark.17 and a Mf like Dad.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr sep 01, 2023 9:00 pm

If these transfers don't work out and Ajax finish out of the top two both Mislintat and Steijn will be sacked. I just don't understand half of the moves that were made. Of course Ajax has been floundering since last year's real mess up. I try to stay positive but I'm not sure I can be. Maybe the defensive reinforcements work out and Ajax wins a lot of 1-0 matches.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 01, 2023 9:05 pm

Missed a signing from early this morning .17 year old LCD Ethan Butera signed from Anderlecht and will play for Young Ajax.Appears to be a great talent and Anderlecht fans unhappy he has left . Contract to 2026 and cost 1.5m plus bonuses. I guess with Sosa that is signing no 13 as he plays for Young.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr sep 01, 2023 10:17 pm

I hope these new defenders are better than decent. I can see a lot of 1-0 matches this season.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za sep 02, 2023 7:01 am

VI lists 14 new players including Salah Eddine but not Butera. It’s not going to look like the Ajax we know!

None of it makes sense to me but maybe they decided they had the incoming cash from transfers to go with the scattergun approach. Maybe they figure only one or two of them need to be any good for it to be worth it.

On the bright side, hopefully if they’ve signed 10 crap players the Jong Ajax players like Vos will be better and end up playing more.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 02, 2023 11:52 am

Butera is a Jong player so wont count but S-Eddine and Gorter both returned from loan thus 14 listed.
We have got mainly defensive types of players ie a goalie, 5 defenders and 2 DM. We are still short of another creative MF and a right winger.

Why do we need 4 x LB's. Salah -Eddine will have to play at Jong and I read he turned down a loan to Zwolle. Wijndal wont get any playing time either. A crazy situation.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za sep 02, 2023 12:09 pm

the problem is that they don't have a supervisory manager on the board who can put a check on how things are being done. van der Sar and Overmars were a good team in that regard. Maybe they get Kroes next year but that's too late for now. I think Mislinstat was given a global budget and a lot of the new players other than Sutalo came at modest or very low prices. I didn't keep track of the transfer prices but Ajax spent less than they made from the sales of Timber, Alvarez, Kudus, Daramy, and Bassey.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 02, 2023 2:07 pm

We spent just over 100m and got back just over 150m so 50m profit. At least apart from Sutalo no one else cost more than 15m .

Just hope some actually make it unlike last summers rubbish.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za sep 02, 2023 6:56 pm

I just want to see how Steijn fits them all in. If 3-4 of these signings work out, I would take treat that as success. Biggest hope is Sutalo of course.

We were leaking goals a lot last season, so I actually don't mind that we focused our money on getting a ton of defensive minded players.

Going to be a very interesting season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 05, 2023 12:14 pm

So of last summer's 10 signings we are left with 3,Bergwijn,Brobbey and the long term injured Kaplan.

Looking at last summers signings I dont think they are worse than this summers. Bassey had played in Europe with Rangers,Wijndal an International,Grillitsch an experienced Bundesliga player and Ocampos an Argentinian Int.OK Bergwijn we spent too much on and Brobbey 15m after leaving us on a free still grates with fans.

Love to have crystal ball and wonder how many of this summers 12 will be here next Sept.I predict at least 4 or 5 will have left.

More important I hope by next September that Vos and Misehouy are still with us and in the team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 01, 2023 12:49 pm

A month on from my last post but Mislintat's summer of Football Manager has indeed left the club in shambles. 3 Supervisory Board members still to be got rid of as they are to blame.

Looking at Ajax this last week Sutalo is struggling but does not speak English so cannot communicate. Gaaei and Sosa cannot defend. Tahirovic, Mannverk and V D Boomen are not as good as Vos, Misehouy or indeed Fitz-Jim.Just a quality DMF should have been signed.Up front Brobbey has played ok and last night scored a beauty and worked hard back in defence. One back up striker was needed but now we have 2 and they are not happy they are not being picked.

The fans demand Steijn out and yes he should not be our coach but who do they think can get this shambles of a squad to play Ajax football and win .

Last night's starting line up is the best we can field and I have no problem with him sticking to them. I dont think all 12 new are poor but at least 6 of them are not needed and should not be here.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 08, 2023 8:41 pm

Just thinking ,with half the 12 new signings probably surplus already how on earth do we get rid of them with 5 year contracts.

No English side will give Akpom a 4 year contract, he will likely have to go out on loan.Magallan, who was on a par with some of the dross we have signed ,went out on loan for 3 and a half years before we sold him.

Mislintat has in one transfer window destroyed our club. Conceicao and Sanchez are getting little playing time at Porto so expect them back.

Just hope the Saudis come in for Bergwijn in January.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 30, 2023 1:06 pm

Ajax want an experienced no 6 in the winter break.This means Tahirovic and Mannverk are not good enough. With our own Vos looking just as good as those and only 18, I would hope we get rid of these 2 new players in January.

If we can bring in a right winger,also mentioned , we will have Hlynsson Berghuis at 10, Taylor V D Boomen at 8, a new 6 plus Vos at 6 and Misehouy when fit can play the 8 or 10 role .

You only buy players if they are better than your own youth ,the words of J.C That certainly was not applied this summer.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jan 09, 2024 4:54 pm

In a shock transfer move, Ajax seem to be talking to Jordan Henderson. Henderson famously moved to the Saudi league this past summer and now within 6 months ready to move out.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jan 09, 2024 8:20 pm

Amol schreef:
di jan 09, 2024 4:54 pm
In a shock transfer move, Ajax seem to be talking to Jordan Henderson. Henderson famously moved to the Saudi league this past summer and now within 6 months ready to move out.
The Saudi club will insist that Ajax pay his full salary which Ajax cannot afford even in the best of circumstances.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo jan 10, 2024 7:36 am

Haha, not holding my breath on that one.

Ajax doesn’t have access to established players in the transfer market. If we learned anything in the last 2 seasons surely that’s it! I’m not expecting them to buy their way out of the current problems with the squad.

Plaats reactie